ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community


Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO MS Discussions

Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

7.4

 
LinkBack (25) Thread Tools Display Modes
04-26-2010   #301 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
drkmerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 運命石の扉 (Steins;Gate)
Posts: 351
Blog Entries: 2
iTrader: (0)
drkmerc has a spectacular aura aboutdrkmerc has a spectacular aura about
IGN: dmodwc, drkmerc
Class: アーチャ lt_gunslinger
Level: 中尉
Guild: 破忌追撃部隊
Default

This feels like a conversation involving a guy arguing that the bible is full of inconsistencies with a Christian; the Christian doesn't just deny everything the other guy says, he goes out of his way to make up some random bs to support himself.

Case and point:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandol
First of all, my room page so you can see that I'm not bs'ing on AR Shiki.
543 games played, and a stellar 65.9% winrate.

However what it does have, is an incredible ranged set. First of all, the most newbish comment I've seen in regards to the suit. The Vulcans.

Yes the vulcans.

Why do I bring up the vulcans? Because every person whining about the suit obviously hasn't used them. 2 things to note.
One- It has a massive rof with high damage and good range.
Two- It carries the properties of the Gouf Custom MG, IE you get far more bang for your buck standing then moving.

IT.IS.GREAT.... with OC. After a few points of Agi, it quickly becomes more responsive then a scissor beam rifle, beating down the achilles tendon of C/B/A rank rocks (lackluster beam rifles.) In essence AR Shiki becomes not only a excellent rock, but a excellent multi-role rock. While I'd never say it's clan wars competetive, I will say it's getting the short end of the stick. If you're confident in your skills as a rock player cap it and give it a try. I certainly did, and I was enchanted by the result. A suit that carries the high points of G3 Gundam with not one weakness retained.
1. The winrate: Posting a winrate for the Shiki alone means absolutely nothing. If your ACCUMULATIVE winrate is around or above that, it means the Shiki contributed nothing to it. It's either the player, or the rooms (black/nub) that the player chose to play in.
2. The Incredible Range Set: Just about everything else is incredible then isn't it? Even Training MS. It's a beam rifle and vulcans...standard issue...don't make it sound like it can part the red sea.
3. The vulcans, with MASSIVE rof(l), MASSIVE damage, and good range: .....Right.
4. The Standing Vulcans: Gouf custom has a 3 shot burst when walking/dashing, 10 shot full auto when stationary or hovering. Vulcans is 5 shot (4 shots for Acguy) bursts regardless of action. You're the one that obviously hasn't fired vulcans before.
5. The Greatness with OC: Just what ISN'T great with proper OC?
6. Its excellence as a multi-purpose rock: There are other suits that can do everything Shiki can and more. (Zeta AS, Kyrios, etc.)
7. The high-points of G-3 it retains: It plays like an A ranked rock Training MS?

So some people think Hyaku's the worst AR, it doesn't mean you HAVE to stop using it...just don't start worshiping it like it's the gold idol.

__________________
後悔だけはしない間違って理想は俺自身の手で叩き潰す。
 
Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-26-2010   #302 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 521
iTrader: (0)
gmpilot is on a distinguished road
Default

Anyone have experience with Asshimar? It seems like a pretty good B-rank paper. I was thinking about customizing, anyone has any ideas?
__________________
twsdgo ign: fallenic
 
04-26-2010   #303 (permalink)
Retired
Special
zgmfx19a's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Neo Singapore
Posts: 6,529
Blog Entries: 11
iTrader: (0)
zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmpilot
Anyone have experience with Asshimar? It seems like a pretty good B-rank paper. I was thinking about customizing, anyone has any ideas?
No. No. Just no.

Gabthley > Asshimar.
__________________
 
04-26-2010   #304 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
iTrader: (0)
Vandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the rough
Default

Oh gee whiz, you're so right. I should just start slinging insults about playing skill like everyone else. And NOT try to quantify the suit as being worthwhile. How foolish I was, sorry. Btw, nice religious analogy.

1- Check my winrate, it's 60%. Check the Shiki's, it's 65%. It was only quoted to show that I wasn't blowing chunks with it and giving an unqualified opinion. I play on K, black/white rooms don't exist to the extent they do on TW. If it's the player, then it means that I'm all the more qualified to give an opinion on it.

2- Wow, way to sound like an obnoxious a-hole. The range set IS good, and the fact that you're bringing up a trainer GM only serves to red herring the argument. The range set IS good, with GOOD range. Furthermore its' a rock not a scissors. All you're doing is showing that you're unqualified to give an opinion, let alone post.

3- The vulcans have good range, just a touch shorter then a suits' machine gun. They also do a hell of alot of damage to a suit. I've killed psychos in Fort with it, without breaking a sweat. While you may think vulcans are worthless, they're far from it. If you want to see bad, try using them before the 08 vulcan buff.

4- 2 other suits, one of which has a MACHINE GUN and not a set of vulcans. Furthermore Acguy is acknowledged as having a very good set of vulcans. All you're doing is attempting to discount this by comparing it to a small selection of suits, then saying it's the norm.

5- The fact that it because more responsive then most scissors with just 1 point of OC obviously. But you know, you can come off as a pompous jerk if you feel like it.

6- Both of which lack newtype, and a defensive skill. Zeta AS is considered trash on KR, and never used. Kyrios is a glass cannon and dies against anything with even a point of attack.

7- Or we can act like a complete jerkoff and forget that suits have high points and low points. Oh wait, it doesn't have a boost down sub shot. END OF THE FREAKING WORLD!!! Go watch a player like Alphaedge use a Vulcan / beam rifle suit like MK II Titans and see what he can do. A suit lacking aliment sub shot =/= a suit not worth using.


I initially made the post like I did, because quite frankly all I've seen is trashing on a suit. NO DEFENDING of it's high points, so that's what I did. I wrote about the good parts of it, but all I'm seeing out of posters like you is ignorance and pretentious attitudes. You want to know why communities like K look down on TW? It's because of stuff like this. Whenever we try to act well behaved and reasonable you guys throw it back at us acting like you know what to do. We didn't have suits with aliment subshots, for nearly a year the only suit that could boost down with a melee sub was Sword Strike. We grew on the game without weening on aliments for a easy kill, and as a result we're better for it.

All I get from your post is that you're an elitist player, who believes that if it has vulcans it's suddenly a horrible suit. I can't wait for V Hexa to come and see you guys worship it, only to realize it's a weaker A rank Red Frame.
 
04-26-2010   #305 (permalink)
Retired
Special
zgmfx19a's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Neo Singapore
Posts: 6,529
Blog Entries: 11
iTrader: (0)
zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandol
You want to know why communities like K look down on TW? It's because of stuff like this. Whenever we try to act well behaved and reasonable you guys throw it back at us acting like you know what to do. We didn't have suits with aliment subshots, for nearly a year the only suit that could boost down with a melee sub was Sword Strike. We grew on the game without weening on aliments for a easy kill, and as a result we're better for it.
You know, the only drama we had on this forum is the drama between KR and TW/HK/CN. TW and HK gets along together fine. I'll appreciate it if you stop dishing out the KR card whenever you can.

What he had said is not without merit, just like what you have said isn't without merit as well. You do make Hyaku sounds like zomg hax when all it does have is really is just the standard weapon set.
__________________

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 04-26-2010 at 10:30 PM.
 
04-26-2010   #306 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 521
iTrader: (0)
gmpilot is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmfx19a
No. No. Just no.

Gabthley > Asshimar.
Hmm, I tried both and found Asshimar far better than Gabthley.
__________________
twsdgo ign: fallenic
 
04-26-2010   #307 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
iTrader: (0)
ShanaMia will become famous soon enough
Default

And what you guys fail to do is realize the benefits of a standard weapon set. But hey, talking to deaf ears here. Me and Vandol can go on and on about how useful vulcans and a standard weaponset are, but hey, not like you guys seem to agree, if only because a lot of you seem incapable of realizing how they can be used effectively. Sign of a narrow-minded player, when they can't even acknowledge a plus about it and are busy thinking about how its bad.
 
04-26-2010   #308 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
iTrader: (0)
Vandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
You know, the only drama we had on this forum is the drama between KR and TW/HK/CN. TW and HK gets along together fine. I'll appreciate it if you stop dishing out the KR card whenever you can.
I mention KR, because I'm a KR player. I tried to avoid mentioning it earlier, aside from my user page. And I was automatically locked into being a TW player then accused of being a jumper / black-white room player. You decided to throw the accusation in my face first.
Quote:
What he had said is not without merit, just like what you have said isn't without merit as well. You do make Hyaku sounds like zomg hax when all it does have is really is just the standard weapon set.
All he did was trash on a suit, and throw red herrings and strawman arguments in an attempt to discredit my statements. He just made it glaringly obvious that he's never used the suit, or if he has it was for a game then quickly put away.

Your biggest mistake, as a community in general, is that you lump weapons in by class and not by individual characteristics. You rarely talk about beam rifle range / delay / length. You spend enough time combing Chinese sites for skill info, and stat point effects but not enough time actually gauging how a suit feels from your own perspective.

Perhaps it's our outlooks clashing, but I try to speak as positively about a suit as possible. If only because once you get into negatives, it quickly becomes a game of "what suit has none". And that quickly evolves into a stagnated game play environment where it's no longer about individual skill. But about aiming homing missiles, and relying upon aliment subshots.

If you asked me about a suit like Char's Z'gok, even though I hate it, I'd try to speak about it positively. I don't get what you guys try to gain as a forum by trying to focus on the general negatives.
 
04-26-2010   #309 (permalink)
Retired
Special
zgmfx19a's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Neo Singapore
Posts: 6,529
Blog Entries: 11
iTrader: (0)
zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmpilot
Hmm, I tried both and found Asshimar far better than Gabthley.
How so? @@

Gabthley's alt. mode has knockdown, making it much better than Asshimar imo.
__________________
 
04-26-2010   #310 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Spore
Posts: 774
iTrader: (0)
meltyace is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Meltyred
Default

Zeta AS is TRASH??????
I am starting to question whether you watched naiper's zeta AS vids....
 
04-26-2010   #311 (permalink)
Retired
Special
zgmfx19a's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Neo Singapore
Posts: 6,529
Blog Entries: 11
iTrader: (0)
zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandol
I mention KR, because I'm a KR player. I tried to avoid mentioning it earlier, aside from my user page. And I was automatically locked into being a TW player then accused of being a jumper / black-white room player. You decided to throw the accusation in my face first.
Doesn't mean that you have to bring the whole TW community in. If you have a problem with his post, reply it with the appropriate manner, and not "LOL TW COMMUNITY ARE ALL THE SAME". That's what you did wrong imo. He was referring to your views only, and all of the sudden, you drag the whole TW community in. Be objective, and if you have something with his posts, deal with him only. I am not trying to troll you btw, but this is my opinion on your post.





Quote:
All he did was trash on a suit, and throw red herrings and strawman arguments in an attempt to discredit my statements. He just made it glaringly obvious that he's never used the suit, or if he has it was for a game then quickly put away.

Your biggest mistake, as a community in general, is that you lump weapons in by class and not by individual characteristics. You rarely talk about beam rifle range / delay / length. You spend enough time combing Chinese sites for skill info, and stat point effects but not enough time actually gauging how a suit feels from your own perspective.

Perhaps it's our outlooks clashing, but I try to speak as positively about a suit as possible. If only because once you get into negatives, it quickly becomes a game of "what suit has none". And that quickly evolves into a stagnated game play environment where it's no longer about individual skill. But about aiming homing missiles, and relying upon aliment subshots.

If you asked me about a suit like Char's Z'gok, even though I hate it, I'd try to speak about it positively. I don't get what you guys try to gain as a forum by trying to focus on the general negatives.
It pains me to bring up her post, but there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTanja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone else
What is good about Hyaku Shiki AR? It looks like it has low ammo...
Absolutely nothing. Everything it does, other mobile suits can do better. Only severe char fanboys use it, like Vandol on K.
Opinions. Are they not allowed anymore? Even as KR players, views differ. So you like to view suits positively, and Drkmerc likes to view it negatively.

Also, since Tanja is from KR, does that mean that the whole KR community "lump weapons in by class and not by individual characteristics. You rarely talk about beam rifle range / delay / length. You spend enough time combing Chinese sites for skill info, and stat point effects but not enough time actually gauging how a suit feels from your own perspective." as well (on my previous points on generalising)?

Heck, G3-AR has vulcans, and yet the only thing I do is rave about it. Does that mean that I am no TW player and is some totally new breed?
__________________

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 04-26-2010 at 10:56 PM.
 
04-26-2010   #312 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
iTrader: (0)
Vandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the rough
Default

No I haven't sadly.

I just base off what I've experienced in game. The problem with game play videos is they're often "best" run videos, and not average experience which is oftentimes at a lower level then what's portrayed. There are exceptions, but still, I think you understand what I'm getting at.

If you want to post a video of it in action, I wouldn't mind taking a watch, but I haven't been impressed too much of the Taiwan videos. Usually it's stilted odds (all beam team vs a Dend) or other such situation that gives the impression of a great suit/player.

And I'm not really trashing on Zeta AS, as much as it's a dated rock. It's got pretty good reach on it's initial swing and it's grenades are great. It's just too slow reaction wise, to keep up with latter rocks. Along with a out of place spec up that should be something more useful like Newtype.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Quote:
Doesn't mean that you have to bring the whole TW community in. If you have a problem with his post, reply it with the appropriate manner, and not "LOL TW COMMUNITY ARE ALL THE SAME". That's what you did wrong imo. He was referring to your views only, and all of the sudden, you drag the whole TW community in. Be objective, and if you have something with his posts, deal with him only. I am not trying to troll you btw, but this is my opinion on your post.
It's easy to lump you all together, when aside from Weiss the entire topic has been "Suit sucks because of vulcans".

Furthermore, I dont' believe you're trolling me, and I understand why you're upset. I don't like any of the drama either, and I know that some people were intentionally causing drama like Tanja which further ingrains the word KR as an insult. However, the fact remains that I'm a K player, and I have my own views in relation to you which is due to my own personal interactions on K AND Taiwan.

As far as my views go, the whole thing came off more as a personal attack towards me, instead of a rebuttal. Not once did he actually address a point, without acting completely immature or arrogant. I tried to keep a clean opinion of Taiwan by acting respectful, but when I'm met with such a response, what should I think? Clearly you would feel at least similar. Him being your friend, not withstanding.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTanja
What is good about Hyaku Shiki AR? It looks like it has low ammo...

Absolutely nothing. Everything it does, other mobile suits can do better. Only severe char fanboys use it, like Vandol on K.
That's Tanja, who's a personal friend of mine. She was joking in that context since I tend to be a huge Char fanboy about certain things. That doesnt' mean I automatically worship any Char unit. Check my profile to look at my AS Shiki / Char's Zaku II / Char's Z'Gok. I never use them and pretty much hate them all.

As far as Tanja goes, it's just one person. Not a thread of multiple people discounting vulcans. If you were to walk into the IRC channel right now, every person there is stating that they find vulcans useful. Going by your argument, that may as well be the consensus on the issue.
Quote:
Heck, G3-AR has vulcans, and yet the only thing I do is rave about it. Does that mean that I am no TW player and is some totally new breed?
I daresay you might just be a new breed. But I daresay, even you must know that there are exceptions to a generalized rule. And even then, the backlash on vulcans tends to be centered more towards rocks then any other type. But I get where you point is, and if it offends you then that's fine. Not every TW player hates vulcans. But when I look on here, and there's people gathering pitchforks because a suit has vulcans, then I start to assume.

Also, curious question but were you the guy on /m/ defending TW SDGO that one time? Wasn't one of the trolls in the thread, but the name sounds familliar.

Last edited by Vandol; 04-26-2010 at 11:01 PM.
 
04-26-2010   #313 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 521
iTrader: (0)
gmpilot is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmfx19a
How so? @@

Gabthley's alt. mode has knockdown, making it much better than Asshimar imo.
I think Asshimar's MS mode has higher base def. and hp, and I think the agility boost is really useful. At least that's what I felt from the point matches I did using one then the other. I might give Gabthley another try on your rec though.
__________________
twsdgo ign: fallenic
 
04-26-2010   #314 (permalink)
Retired
Special
zgmfx19a's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Neo Singapore
Posts: 6,529
Blog Entries: 11
iTrader: (0)
zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmpilot
I think Asshimar's MS mode has higher base def. and hp, and I think the agility boost is really useful. At least that's what I felt from the point matches I did using one then the other. I might give Gabthley another try on your rec though.
Gabthley's skill gives it good defense boost imo.

The only problem with Gabthley is it has sub-par control. I fixed mine with some points into agi. But yeah.
__________________
 
04-26-2010   #315 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Spore
Posts: 774
iTrader: (0)
meltyace is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Meltyred
Default

.........
He plays on Kr
 
04-26-2010   #316 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
iTrader: (0)
Vandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the rough
Default

Just watched a video of napier, after you said that. It was one of his one vs ones, and I dunno. My point still stands, his opponent wasn't weaving, or shooting back he was just swinging wildly and getting punished for it.

Kind of reinforces my point on it. Though here's a video of one of our best players in action. YouTube - SDGO - Sword Strike in Arizona though I frequently skirmish with him, either it's rarely a tie or I lose by a kill or two.
 
04-26-2010   #317 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
drkmerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 運命石の扉 (Steins;Gate)
Posts: 351
Blog Entries: 2
iTrader: (0)
drkmerc has a spectacular aura aboutdrkmerc has a spectacular aura about
IGN: dmodwc, drkmerc
Class: アーチャ lt_gunslinger
Level: 中尉
Guild: 破忌追撃部隊
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandol
Oh gee whiz, you're so right. I should just start slinging insults about playing skill like everyone else. And NOT try to quantify the suit as being worthwhile. How foolish I was, sorry. Btw, nice religious analogy.

1- Check my winrate, it's 60%. Check the Shiki's, it's 65%. It was only quoted to show that I wasn't blowing chunks with it and giving an unqualified opinion. I play on K, black/white rooms don't exist to the extent they do on TW. If it's the player, then it means that I'm all the more qualified to give an opinion on it.

2- Wow, way to sound like an obnoxious a-hole. The range set IS good, and the fact that you're bringing up a trainer GM only serves to red herring the argument. The range set IS good, with GOOD range. Furthermore its' a rock not a scissors. All you're doing is showing that you're unqualified to give an opinion, let alone post.

3- The vulcans have good range, just a touch shorter then a suits' machine gun. They also do a hell of alot of damage to a suit. I've killed psychos in Fort with it, without breaking a sweat. While you may think vulcans are worthless, they're far from it. If you want to see bad, try using them before the 08 vulcan buff.

4- 2 other suits, one of which has a MACHINE GUN and not a set of vulcans. Furthermore Acguy is acknowledged as having a very good set of vulcans. All you're doing is attempting to discount this by comparing it to a small selection of suits, then saying it's the norm.

5- The fact that it because more responsive then most scissors with just 1 point of OC obviously. But you know, you can come off as a pompous jerk if you feel like it.

6- Both of which lack newtype, and a defensive skill. Zeta AS is considered trash on KR, and never used. Kyrios is a glass cannon and dies against anything with even a point of attack.

7- Or we can act like a complete jerkoff and forget that suits have high points and low points. Oh wait, it doesn't have a boost down sub shot. END OF THE FREAKING WORLD!!! Go watch a player like Alphaedge use a Vulcan / beam rifle suit like MK II Titans and see what he can do. A suit lacking aliment sub shot =/= a suit not worth using.


I initially made the post like I did, because quite frankly all I've seen is trashing on a suit. NO DEFENDING of it's high points, so that's what I did. I wrote about the good parts of it, but all I'm seeing out of posters like you is ignorance and pretentious attitudes. You want to know why communities like K look down on TW? It's because of stuff like this. Whenever we try to act well behaved and reasonable you guys throw it back at us acting like you know what to do. We didn't have suits with aliment subshots, for nearly a year the only suit that could boost down with a melee sub was Sword Strike. We grew on the game without weening on aliments for a easy kill, and as a result we're better for it.

All I get from your post is that you're an elitist player, who believes that if it has vulcans it's suddenly a horrible suit. I can't wait for V Hexa to come and see you guys worship it, only to realize it's a weaker A rank Red Frame.
1. Winrate doesn't justify how good a suit is nor give you credibility in the first place. Who knows what kind of rooms you've been playing in and what their skill levels were. All you came off as was a guy who cares too much about how many W's are on his record.

2. You missed the entire point of that comment, as it is about the weapon set, not the MS as a whole. The point is, this thing has the exact same weapon set as a Training MS and you call that "Incredible", an exaggeration at best.

3. Good damage compared to what? A zaku's machine gun? So you've killed psychos with Fortress on using that...how long did it take? How many clips did it take? How little hp did it start off with? How distracted was he with your teammates while you were shooting at it? How often do you come up with examples like this where you're hard countering a high defense suit to make people believe that your suit has high attack? Most importantly, how noob was the guy piloting the psycho?

4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandol
Why do I bring up the vulcans? Because every person whining about the suit obviously hasn't used them. 2 things to note.
One- It has a massive rof with high damage and good range.
Two- It carries the properties of the Gouf Custom MG, IE you get far more bang for your buck standing then moving.
You're the idiot who made the comparison in the first place. Not to mention you didn't defend the part where you said standing still + vulcans = pure friggin' win. Before you read what I post, read what YOU post yourself.

5. I'll take a page out of your playbook: *Assumes whiney voice* Shiki's a rock~ Stop comparing it with scissors~~. Seriously, is that what you think rock suits' weaknesses is? Having beam rifles slower than scissor's? What ever happened to > ?

6. That's your prefered skill set, not what a "multi-purpose" suit MUST have. Your post talks about nothing but shooting and kiting with rocks, which is hardly anything but one-dimensional. Zeta AS has higher attack for shoot n' run, Kyrios has higher mobility for kiting, and both suits are much better at meleeing.

7. Still not a rebuttal about G-3 sucking; you're just running from the argument now.

Kr looking down on Tw? Where the hell did you pull that from? Is this what Kr people do when they lose at an argument? They pretend to be Kr nobility and talk as if they know everything since the beginning of time?

Edit:
This has gotten way out of hand, all I set out to do was show that Shiki isn't Jesus with wing-binders like what some people were trying to make it out as, not to make it look like complete crap (and for the record, I NEVER said Shiki AR is crap. Feel free to re-read everything I said).

Good points of Shiki AR
- Pretty high base stats
- Weakest base stat is averaged out with skill (def.).
- Vulcans ARE above average. (...but with ammo trade-off)
...that said, it is still an average suit at best, there are alternatives based on personal preference.
__________________
後悔だけはしない間違って理想は俺自身の手で叩き潰す。

Last edited by drkmerc; 04-26-2010 at 11:36 PM.
 
04-26-2010   #318 (permalink)
Retired
Special
zgmfx19a's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Neo Singapore
Posts: 6,529
Blog Entries: 11
iTrader: (0)
zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandol
It's easy to lump you all together, when aside from Weiss the entire topic has been "Suit sucks because of vulcans".
Well, I don't know. I gave the posts a lil re-read, and I don't really see anyone bashing vulcans hard. Seim was commenting about how ordinary Hyaku's weapon set are compared to the current day MS. Drkmerc did bash vulcans, but he is the only one who did. And it is his opinion. I respect that.



Quote:
Furthermore, I dont' believe you're trolling me, and I understand why you're upset. I don't like any of the drama either, and I know that some people were intentionally causing drama like Tanja which further ingrains the word KR as an insult. However, the fact remains that I'm a K player, and I have my own views in relation to you which is due to my own personal interactions on K AND Taiwan.
I have no problems with KR players being proud of playing KR, as long as they do not bring the whole KR vs Others drama in. Welcome to the board anyway.



Quote:
As far as my views go, the whole thing came off more as a personal attack towards me, instead of a rebuttal. Not once did he actually address a point, without acting completely immature or arrogant. I tried to keep a clean opinion of Taiwan by acting respectful, but when I'm met with such a response, what should I think? Clearly you would feel at least similar. Him being your friend, not withstanding.

I daresay you might just be a new breed. But I daresay, even you must know that there are exceptions to a generalized rule. And even then, the backlash on vulcans tends to be centered more towards rocks then any other type. But I get where you point is, and if it offends you then that's fine. Not every TW player hates vulcans. But when I look on here, and there's people gathering pitchforks because a suit has vulcans, then I start to assume.
Well, Drkmerc is a friend. So yeah. His posts are on the harsh side, but he only deals with posters and not the general community. Like I've said, you should be replying to him rather than generalizing. So hopefully, this is the last time the KR/TW issue comes into play. Yeah? =/



Quote:
Also, curious question but were you the guy on /m/ defending TW SDGO that one time? Wasn't one of the trolls in the thread, but the name sounds familliar.
Yeah. I am the guy who was defending my decision to play TW SDGO instead of KR.
__________________

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 04-26-2010 at 11:38 PM.
 
04-26-2010   #319 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
iTrader: (0)
Vandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
1. Winrate doesn't justify how good a suit is nor give you credibility in the first place. Who knows what kind of rooms you've been playing in and what their skill levels were. All you came off as was a guy who cares too much about how many W's are on his record.
Winrate justifies that I know what I'm doing, unlike a certain Ass's Creed who isn't backing up what he's saying, on a server that's only been around for a year. Who can only make a point by attacking the other person like a child.
Quote:
2. You missed the entire point of that comment, as it is about the weapon set, not the MS as a whole. The point is, this thing has the exact same weapon set as a Training MS and you call that "Incredible", an exaggeration at best.
And you missed my point, stating that it's the characteristics of a weapon that defines a suit, and not the set on paper. Oh wait, I forget you're just skimming arguments and trying to be a big man and set up strawmen and red herrings. Great they have the same weapon set, but they play COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Cap one and look for yourself.
Quote:
3. Good damage compared to what? A zaku's machine gun? So you've killed psychos with Fortress on using that...how long did it take? How many clips did it take? How little hp did it start off with? How distracted was he with your teammates while you were shooting at it? How often do you come up with examples like this where you're hard countering a high defense suit to make people believe that your suit has high attack? Most importantly, how noob was the guy piloting the psycho?
Good damage, compared to a regular A rank machine gun /w out damage up or Zero System. Half a clip to the back, on a half health Psycho while my rock teammate was distracting him. Not that you'd know about teamwork, since all I'm gathering from your retorts you're an elitist who thinks he owns the place. Also, as far as "hard countering", last time I checked, Psychos were considered death knells to melee/beam rocks. Something AR Shiki happens to be.

Quote:
You're the idiot who made the comparison in the first place. Not to mention you didn't defend the part where you said standing still + vulcans = pure friggin' win. Before you read what I post, read what YOU post yourself.
Because, standing still behind a Psycho and UNLOADING A CLIP IN A SECOND is damn nice. Not that you'd know of course. ROF = Faster damage = dead suit before it maims your teammates.
Quote:
5. I'll take a page out of your playbook: *Assumes whiney voice* Shiki's a rock~ Stop comparing it with scissors~~. Seriously, is that what you think rock suits' weaknesses is? Having beam rifles slower than scissor's? What ever happened to > ?
...let me ask you, how often do you actually use rocks?

The lag time on a beam rifle's initial shot is huge compared to both scissors and paper. Scissors, have the fastest beam rifle fire time, along with the fastest thrust switch time. Both are huge advantages when a fight turns into a cover battle on stock. All I've seen you do is post horrible arguments in an attempt to discredit me. Yes, rocks beat scissors. But that doesn't mean rocks shouldn't aspire to attain the strengths of a scissors type as well.

Quote:
6. That's your prefered skill set, not what a "multi-purpose" suit MUST have. Your post talks about nothing but shooting and kiting with rocks, which is hardly anything but one-dimensional. Zeta AS has higher attack for shoot n' run, Kyrios has higher mobility for kiting, and both suits are much better at meleeing.
Zeta AS aren't used in stock, except by red stars to have a sentimental feeling for it, and Kyrios doesn't survive long enough to make a dent in a fight.

AR Shiki has more then enough health to rush a backline, dismantle, and retreat. Zeta AS lacks the speed to pull that off, and Kyrios lacks the durability to last once it hits the back lines.

If you aren't going to acknowledge this, then you've done a fine job of trolling me tonight.

Quote:
7. Still not a rebuttal about G-3 sucking; you're just running from the argument now.
You want a rebuttal? G3 sucks, I know it sucks and you know it sucks. It has no durability and I refuse to use it for that fact. Post buff, Gundam is superior due to it having the exact same hp/def values with Shield. Do you know WHY I brought it up? Because Shiki has the same battle role with actual defense and shield skill. The major weak point of G3 isn't inherited by Shiki AR. Therefore the comparison is validated. You're the only one that's trying to blow a hole in my argument, by focusing on a suit I mentioned in brief as the predecessor to Shiki AR.
Quote:
Kr looking down on Tw? Where the hell did you pull that from? Is this what Kr people do when they lose at an argument? They pretend to be Kr nobility and talk as if they know everything since the beginning of time?
TW players being sheltered? There's been a large gulf of antagonism between K and TW, albeit mostly one sided. The fact that some of us try to cross that gulf and interact only to receive this sort of treatment speaks wonders for why said gulf exists. Look at a SDGO thread on /m/ next time one pops up, and look at all the trolling and antagonism. K has looked down on TW from the beginning of it's inception.

Some of us defend TW, and have actually played on the server. I know you're going to have some tongue in cheek remark over it, but I'm trying to be pretty civil at the moment. Especially since I know about the abuse / antagonism people like Mono have held against you.
 
04-27-2010   #320 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Spore
Posts: 774
iTrader: (0)
meltyace is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Meltyred
Default

I really don't wanna say this but,
ENOUGH PEOPLE, STOP ARGUING CAUSE THIS AINT A DEBATE OF SOMETHING MAJOR LIKE GUNDAMS ARE GONNA BE DEVELOPED SO STOP CAUSE THIS IS JUST A GAME!!!
.........
Seriously, why does Kr and TW players keep fighting?
Someday this may turn into WWIII....
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-ms-discussions/65523-suit-customisation-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
[Just Share] Custom Point and Over Custom Point This thread Refback 02-25-2013 07:29 PM
Status หุ่นอันไหนอัพได้ประโยชน์อะไรบ้าง - Pilot Talk - SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 01-16-2013 07:37 AM
The Complete Comprehensive Over Custom Guide - Page 4 This thread Refback 10-23-2011 03:07 AM
SD Gundam Online | Dragonar This thread Refback 07-29-2011 06:14 AM
Status หุ่นอันไหนอัพได้ประโยชน์อะไรบ้าง - Pilot Talk - SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 07-11-2011 02:38 AM
Status หุ่นอันไหนอัพได้ประโยชน์อะไรบ้าง - Pilot Talk - SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 07-06-2011 11:52 AM
Status หุ่นอันไหนอัพได้ประโยชน์อะไรบ้าง - Pilot Talk - SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 07-04-2011 11:02 AM
Status หุ่นอันไหนอัพได้ประโยชน์อะไรบ้าง - Pilot Talk - SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 07-04-2011 06:19 AM
Status หุ่นอันไหนอัพได้ประโยชน์อะไรบ้าง - Pilot Talk - SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 07-03-2011 07:44 AM
Status หุ่นอันไหนอัพได้ประโยชน์อะไรบ้าง - Pilot Talk - SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 07-03-2011 04:42 AM
SD Gundam Online | Dragonar This thread Refback 04-02-2011 08:19 AM
Stats and their increases This thread Refback 02-17-2011 06:02 PM
Different between Speed And Agilty?? This thread Refback 01-13-2011 12:16 PM
Capsule Fighter | Dragonar This thread Refback 11-24-2010 07:15 AM
ใครเล่น ค้อนโปรๆมาทีครับ ( เลิกละ กระดาษ 555 ) - Pilot Talk~ - SD Gundam Online - Playinter Board ! รวมเกมส์ออนไลน์จากต่างประเ This thread Refback 10-11-2010 10:42 AM
MMO Games | Dragonar This thread Refback 09-13-2010 04:24 AM
SDGO | Dragonar This thread Refback 09-05-2010 02:51 PM
ใครเล่น ค้อนโปรๆมาทีครับ ( เลิกละ กระดาษ 555 ) - Pilot Talk~ - SD Gundam Online - Playinter Board ! รวมเกมส์ออนไลน์จากต่างประเ This thread Refback 08-07-2010 12:24 AM
SD Gundam Online Capsule Fighter Free2Play MMO | Dragonar This thread Pingback 08-05-2010 08:15 AM
ใครเล่น ค้อนโปรๆมาทีครับ ( เลิกละ กระดาษ 555 ) - Pilot Talk~ - SD Gundam Online - Playinter Board ! รวมเกมส์ออนไลน์จากต่างประเ This thread Refback 06-25-2010 06:30 AM
ใครเล่น ค้อนโปรๆมาทีครับ ( เลิกละ กระดาษ 555 ) - Pilot Talk~ - SD Gundam Online - Playinter Board ! รวมเกมส์ออนไลน์จากต่างประเ This thread Refback 05-24-2010 03:24 AM
ใครเล่น ค้อนโปรๆมาทีครับ ( เลิกละ กระดาษ 555 ) - Pilot Talk~ - SD Gundam Online - Playinter Board ! รวมเกมส์ออนไลน์จากต่างประเ This thread Refback 05-23-2010 07:41 PM
Different between Speed And Agilty?? This thread Refback 04-16-2010 09:51 AM
~ SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online (SDGO) ~ - Page 49 - Kaskus - The Largest Indonesian Community This thread Refback 02-01-2010 10:17 PM
Stats and their increases This thread Refback 12-22-2009 05:58 PM

Pockie Ninja
Need a new browser game?

Try 

Pockie Ninja

Rating:  

8.3
Hide this banner by registering for our community.