ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO MS Discussions

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (25) Thread Tools Display Modes
04-26-2010   #281 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

gmpilot is on a distinguished road

Are you guys meaning to say AS hyaku shiki? Isn't AR the beam saber one?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-26-2010   #282 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

I'm talking about the AS one not the AR one guys :s

04-26-2010   #283 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

drkmerc has a spectacular aura aboutdrkmerc has a spectacular aura about
IGN: dmodwc, drkmerc
Class: アーチャ lt_gunslinger
Level: 中尉
Guild: 破忌追撃部隊

Quote:
Originally Posted by retune
As weiss said before, AGI doesn't increase the rate of fire, rather the time it takes for your suit to pick up the gun.

e.g The raise time of the uber bazooka on T3.
um...if the process goes as follows:
1. Raise weapon.
2. Firing weapon.
3. Weapon cooldown.

Then rate of fire is the total time it takes to complete all these steps and repeat, since rate of fire = the frequency at which a weapon can launch its projectile.

If you decrease the time needed for step 1, then the total time is decreased as well...meaning your rate of fire increases very slightly (exception being weapons that stays raised during weapon cooldown, like mg's).

04-26-2010   #284 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLeague of Legends

AzureDragonzz is on a distinguished road
IGN: TW:AeKana / NA:Aseob

How should I customize Deathscythe Hell? I was thinking of custom in Speed and OC in Attack. Suggestions anyone?

04-26-2010   #285 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by weissritter
AR hyaku isn't the worst AR. It is yet another AR that require skill to play. Not a nub friendly suit that can just lock aim shoot long range shots, spam missiles, lock aim shoot long range shots, spam missiles, repeat...
no im pretty sure it is the worst AR TW has right now.
It's also a garbage suit. Only char fans would actually train and OC this piece of trash ._.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureDragonzz
How should I customize Deathscythe Hell? I was thinking of custom in Speed and OC in Attack. Suggestions anyone?
seems spot on.
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

04-26-2010   #286 (permalink)
Wei Wei~
Awards MoM Award

weissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to weissritter
IGN: Weibritter // Edelweis
Class: Lion / Gundams to_scientist
Guild: Symphony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seim
no im pretty sure it is the worst AR TW has right now.
It's also a garbage suit. Only char fans would actually train and OC this piece of trash ._.
It is usually used by NT or idiots.

In the hands of an NT, your looking like a real delicious piece of meat regardless of what you play.

But in the hands of idiot, well, they get push around like nothing.

@drk,

technically, the suit's animation is fixed. The animation includes, raising the rifle, shooting it, and letting it down. Let say this takes 2 seconds. Then let say, you press the button and the MS will respond to your click in the next 1 second.

So the total process takes 3 seconds.

Agi will decrease the 1 second it takes for you to press the button and the MS will respond. It decrease to let say .5 seconds.

So the whole process would be 2.5 seconds instead of 3.

The rifle raising, shooting, letting it down, is fixed and never changes.

Last edited by weissritter; 04-26-2010 at 03:08 PM.

04-26-2010   #287 (permalink)
Booger face
Games

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

You still really believe that even a terribad suit can be good if you have skills?
Or are u just joking about the newtype stuff since your pretty nonsense already ._.

Either way, it is still the worst AR unit.

04-26-2010   #288 (permalink)
Wei Wei~
Awards MoM Award

weissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You still really believe that even a terribad suit can be good if you have skills?
Or are u just joking about the newtype stuff since your pretty nonsense already ._.

Either way, it is still the worst AR unit.
Get an AR IWSP and i'll play you with AR hyaku

04-26-2010   #289 (permalink)
Booger face
Games

Seriously, are u that much of a noob to think this is still all about 1v1?
I thought better of you.

AR Shiki is a rock. AR IWSP is a scissor. Wow big whoop hard counter.

What IWSP provides to the table is assault command which benefits the team ALOT. It is also one of the rare A ranks which has this skill. The MS' weapon set is perfectly viable as a scissor also.

What does AR shiki offer to a team? Its just a low tier crappy A rank with no unique weapon set, no easy catch, no boost down, no range spec, no team skill, nothing. Any B or A rank rock can simply replace AR shiki and it would probably outperform it too. By all means, it would probably do better as a scissor.

Seriously weis, i didnt know you were that bad.
I guess what most people do in MMOG now is just hard counter....

Last edited by Seim; 04-26-2010 at 03:38 PM.

04-26-2010   #290 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

ShanaMia will become famous soon enough

In during a bad player calling rather normal and functional things trash. You need to think about it a bit. It doesn't need a unique weaponset since its a functional weaponset. Hell, its pretty much a one-mode ZZ with less range and marginally faster melee, which has a rather functional ranged game as well. And if you're telling me that using ZZ at range is stupid, I'd have to tell you that its a very situational option and that you're making a rather shallow analysis of the unit.

If you need a buff skill to feel like you're contributing to the team, something's wrong. If anything, its probably even a unit where the player's skill and presence is what defines if he/she is contributing to the team. Its a functional unit with few actual crippling factors, so I don't see where you're getting off on calling it shit. If you're getting owned in it, either they're using more broken things or you just gotta skill up. Odds are, its a combination of both. In fact, it probably is a combination of both.

04-26-2010   #291 (permalink)
Booger face
Games

yes, weapon set is very situational but with AR shiki having a scissor standard weapon set is pretty bad.
3 basic scenarios:
Long range: useless
Short range: outclassed by most
Mid range: You can probably outshoot some scissors with bad weapon set. But if you find any rock with a beam rifle and it'll probably have the same effectiveness in a fight.

few actual crippling factors? really now.
AR shiki is at most a pub suit and even then its still low tier in pub rooms.

Now if you look at IWSP, its pretty a pretty bad suit but still, its a standard scissor with assault command buff.

its like comparing shit with shit that has a team effect.

Plus, imagine if u had an AR shiki on ur team versus an IWSP on your team. You'd probably think
"ugh, a crappy unit" on the AR shiki
but
"ugh a crappy unit...but at least i'll have assault command" on the IWSP

PS. Before you call other players bad, you should play them or play with them first. For all I know, you could be like a second m*** and your leaving that impression on me right now.

Last edited by Seim; 04-26-2010 at 06:05 PM.

04-26-2010   #292 (permalink)
Wei Wei~
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
yes, weapon set is very situational but with AR shiki having a scissor standard weapon set is pretty bad.
3 basic scenarios:
Long range: useless
Short range: outclassed by most
Mid range: You can probably outshoot some scissors with bad weapon set. But if you find any rock with a beam rifle and it'll probably have the same effectiveness in a fight.

few actual crippling factors? really now.
AR shiki is at most a pub suit and even then its still low tier in pub rooms.

Now if you look at IWSP, its pretty a pretty bad suit but still, its a standard scissor with assault command buff.

its like comparing shit with shit that has a team effect.

Plus, imagine if u had an AR shiki on ur team versus an IWSP on your team. You'd probably think
"ugh, a crappy unit" on the AR shiki
but
"ugh a crappy unit...but at least i'll have assault command" on the IWSP

PS. Before you call other players bad, you should play them or play with them first. For all I know, you could be like a second m*** and your leaving that impression on me right now.
Its really talking on paper from all the above.

It is all "If" situation. This is why I am calling for a simple match for reference.

If you call AR hyaku is the worst AR, then I'll show that it can win against another AR.

If you call it is a hard counter, then i'll use AR IWSP vs your AR hyaku. Then if I win, you can use AR IWSP vs my AR hyaku.

It is simple as that.

I didn't know the good old fierce and legendary hexi would not able to accept a simple 1v1 request from a little haro class that has never won against the legend in the past.

04-26-2010   #293 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold

Or you two can have a team match with each of you use the AR rank you believed is superior

But I can probably guess that even if the team AR Shiki is on won, someone might think a excuse:
"It's the other 3! AR Shiki didn't do shit!" something like that

P.S. btw, I just remember, if someone got good aiming skill, maybe he can use the standard vulcan to pin down missile? It's usually crappy but still depend on how you use it isn't it? :P

I seriously don't know which is better, just saying my opinion.

Last edited by Blizt; 04-26-2010 at 06:36 PM.

04-26-2010   #294 (permalink)
Wei Wei~
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by BliztForever
Or you two can have a team match with each of you use the AR rank you believed is superior

But I can probably guess that even if the team AR Shiki is on won, someone might think a excuse: "It's the other 3! AR Shiki didn't do shit!" something like that
A 3v3 AR match?

That sounds fun, but doesn't get to the point that I just want Hexi to play the game again instead of trolling the forums all day

04-26-2010   #295 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by weissritter
A 3v3 AR match?

That sounds fun, but doesn't get to the point that I just want Hexi to play the game again instead of trolling the forums all day
uh, I actually meant like: AR Shiki + other whatever 3 vs. AR IWSP + other whatever 3

but I guess all AR is ok too lol...

If you guys ever did have a battle, can you like record it down or something? I'd really like to see the intense fight

04-26-2010   #296 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

ShanaMia will become famous soon enough

>"Argh, I'm in a crappy unit at long range."

In the amount of time it took for you to think that, I would already be thinking of how exactly to approach. Your job as a mid-close rock is to capitalize on your strengths, not groan about your weaknesses. You either don't give your enemies a chance to capitalize on it or you leave it to your teammates to cover that shortcoming. It can tank a little and moves well enough to evade if you're any good at the game, so go ahead and move up. Its your job to push forward anyways. If your team wants to stay back, that's their fault and you can either push or stay, a choice to be made after determining what's the most effective option based on the enemy team skill level and lineup. By the way, the team that back camps for no good reason aside from being too scared to move in is probably a bad one as well. If someone can't understand their role in a game in a given unit, they'll be useless regardless of how good their unit is.

Edit: And as for effectiveness at mid-close, its a standard weaponset with good-to-average melee. If you can't work with that, you're pretty bad at the game regardless of what unit you're in. Can't take advantage of standard stuff well, can't make the most of good stuff. That's what its coming down to, essentially. You should probably stop with the whole "I'm good at theorycrafting!" stuff, because its pretty obvious you're using your own personal skill and ideology as the basis for your theorycrafting, and frankly saying, its a rather terrible base for theorycrafting due to missing the point of what you're supposed to do in a team and being of a rather low skill level.

Last edited by ShanaMia; 04-26-2010 at 06:52 PM.

04-26-2010   #297 (permalink)
Booger face
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaMia
>"Argh, I'm in a crappy unit at long range."

In the amount of time it took for you to think that, I would already be thinking of how exactly to approach. Your job as a mid-close rock is to capitalize on your strengths, not groan about your weaknesses. You either don't give your enemies a chance to capitalize on it or you leave it to your teammates to cover that shortcoming. It can tank a little and moves well enough to evade if you're any good at the game, so go ahead and move up. Its your job to push forward anyways. If your team wants to stay back, that's their fault and you can either push or stay, a choice to be made after determining what's the most effective option based on the enemy team skill level and lineup. By the way, the team that back camps for no good reason aside from being too scared to move in is probably a bad one as well. If someone can't understand their role in a game in a given unit, they'll be useless regardless of how good their unit is.

Edit: And as for effectiveness at mid-close, its a standard weaponset with good-to-average melee. If you can't work with that, you're pretty bad at the game regardless of what unit you're in. Can't take advantage of standard stuff well, can't make the most of good stuff. That's what its coming down to, essentially. You should probably stop with the whole "I'm good at theorycrafting!" stuff, because its pretty obvious you're using your own personal skill and ideology as the basis for your theorycrafting, and frankly saying, its a rather terrible base for theorycrafting due to missing the point of what you're supposed to do in a team and being of a rather low skill level.
Shana, obv you dont know me well enough to say these things. Seriously.

@Weis 1v1-ing in a scissor vs rock unit is almost but not nearly as pointless as watching a eZZ fight a psycho.

04-26-2010   #298 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games

Quote:
@Weis 1v1-ing in a scissor vs rock unit is almost but not nearly as pointless as watching a eZZ fight a psycho.
Was I ignored? D:

At least eZZ still has missile to fight it...if it's like Virtue...*silent*

Less talk, more action, everyone including me can talk about some big theory, but it's only proven when you're in action :P

04-26-2010   #299 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

I think we can agree that AR Hyaku is simply one of the few ARs that does not deserve the AR rank, and I think that is what Siem is trying to point out as well.

Most AR ranks are usually pretty unique, obscenely powerful, or at least function slightly better when compared to their A peers. Look at G3, Buster, Psycho, Wing Zero and the "oh-so-hax" Palace.

Now take a look at Hyaku. Beams and vulcans with melee specs. Excuse me while I jizz in my pants... Seriously though, it's too damn ordinary.

I think it is pointless to say whether AR Hyaku is the worse AR or not because it can win AR Rouge (heck another ordinary AR). I've used Trainers to win eZZ before, but that does not mean that Trainers are zomg hax. They are still pretty much shit tier.

04-26-2010   #300 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Vandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the rough

Well, this is an interesting discussion. Since I'm actually using Hyaku AR, I guess I'd better give my 2 cents, rather then listen to a tourney player spout stuff about a suit he's obviously never played.

First of all, my room page so you can see that I'm not bs'ing on AR Shiki.
543 games played, and a stellar 65.9% winrate.

http://gundam.netmarble.net/myRoom/d...43dda&menuid=2

And now to business, I think this is a prime example of criticizing a suit without grasping it's nuances. I've been playing SDGO since 07, so I can say without a doubt that Shiki AR is a dead ringer for G3. It's a speed heavy suit, who's role is to rush the back flank, and use guerrilla tactics with it's speed. While it can melee well with excellent cancel times, it's initial swing depth is fairly short, so as a result you can't expect to out melee high level rocks.

However what it does have, is an incredible ranged set. First of all, the most newbish comment I've seen in regards to the suit. The Vulcans.

Yes the vulcans.

Why do I bring up the vulcans? Because every person whining about the suit obviously hasn't used them. 2 things to note.
One- It has a massive rof with high damage and good range.
Two- It carries the properties of the Gouf Custom MG, IE you get far more bang for your buck standing then moving.

The Beam Rifle is standard fare, but I'll touch on that a bit later. Idly, the vulcans are strong enough to kite most suits, with Shiki AR's superior speed. Melee suits were brought up earlier, but you can oftentimes pepper them with Vulcan fire while retreating to cover. Shiki AR's speed is a little worse then a Char suit out of Red Comet, but it's more then passable.

What makes it such an excellent kiter suit, is it's skill set. Shield and Newtype work wonderful together, as shield gives it a much needed defense boost without impeding it's mobility. And Radar helps give you an idea of the current situation. Anyone that doesn't appreciate newtype, either doesn't play aggressively or isn't used to playing hunter killer and destroying stragglers. It has a very good hp activation % and gives excellent bonuses, the mobility boost it gains, not only puts it on par with a Char suit (the golden standard) but also boosts it's beam rifle to a near instant fire. This is without OC.

Because this is getting a trite lengthy, I'll just quickly summarize the beam rifle
IT.IS.GREAT.... with OC. After a few points of Agi, it quickly becomes more responsive then a scissor beam rifle, beating down the achilles tendon of C/B/A rank rocks (lackluster beam rifles.) In essence AR Shiki becomes not only a excellent rock, but a excellent multi-role rock. While I'd never say it's clan wars competetive, I will say it's getting the short end of the stick. If you're confident in your skills as a rock player cap it and give it a try. I certainly did, and I was enchanted by the result. A suit that carries the high points of G3 Gundam with not one weakness retained.