ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO MS Discussions

Prius Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
07-11-2010   #521 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

vandol didnt mention that RF bucue head has a terribad SS speed on the first swing? :<
When I played it, I found that if Im to beat another decent rock suit that has decent player skill, Im going to have to rely on that w3.

and yes, javelin is pretty beast with that fast recharge on boost down + newtype.
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-12-2010   #522 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Vandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the rough

Dang, thought I mentioned that as one of the -s.

I think I erased it by mistake when I was comparing it to Sha'gok. Yea, the SS speed is absolutely horrible. I needed to put 2 base points of agi into it, before it actually got to the point where I could out SS other players reliably.

07-12-2010   #523 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

deathomen is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: GN小戰士
Class: Hooker(Not THAT Hooker)
Level: Gundam Meister
Guild: KG03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandol
Since I've got both suits , I'll do a quick write up of why Javelin is the superior suit. I'll try to keep this fairly brief, to avoid a serious case of tldr.

Javelin-
+ Huge forward swing + z axis

+ Fastest B rank recharge time for the boost down stab

+ Boost down stab has instant execution taking priority against almost every melee sub, only one that can trump it off hand is a Char Kick, and even then I recall my Casval Gundam still receiving boost down and damage from the first stab stage connecting.

+ Beam Rifle /w good damage thanks to damage up.

+ Skill set is godly for a B rank, Newtype is on a level of it's own when it's on B ranks (thanks to it's 50% activation which is really quite generous).

- Beam Rifle has poor regeneration rate /w below par ammo, meaning you can't rely on it.

- Skill set doesn't do anything to support the team.

- Until you get a point or two of agility into it, the Javelin's first his has a terribly slow SS in comparison to other melee emphasis rocks.

Red Frame BR (Bucue Head)

+ Radar is a wonderful skill for team based games, especially on a rock where you can keep constant tabs on where the opposition is. Makes chasing down stray suits, incredibly easy.

+ Beam rifle is really solid, with more then adequate recharge + range. With a point of agility, I found it as good as Scissors beam rifles in many regards.

+ Boost down sub is above average, there's no max hit penalty if you cancel out right after the first tic of damage, meaning you can break off on 4 hits, and not risk a knockdown. Second stage is great for catching careless rocks who try to rush in and punish hastily.

+ Red Boost is arguably one of the best skills overall for rocks, and combined with Red Flight's strong base boost pool, is one of the more mobile B ranks.

- Melee range, and Z axis are both pathetic. It's Sha'gok tier.

- Boost down sub has mediocre recharge time, so you can't afford to use it as a melee starter if there's a chance of it whiffing.

- Radar is becoming a more common skill, detracting from it's overall versatility.

- Other red boost rocks outclass it hard. I can't think of a player who wouldn't use Graham Acre's flag over it.

** Note - Z Axis is a catch all term for the downward swing range. **

Really, Javelin is a borderline broken rock, that beats almost any other rock at the melee game. Given TW's current atmosphere though, I do believe Red Flight is not only easier to get, but probably less probably to cause bankruptcy and gray hairs. If you're looking at a boost down rock, and aren't a rock playing savant, I'd definitely look into just getting Red Kai for now, and upgrading to Graham Acre's Overflag when it becomes available to TW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seim
vandol didnt mention that RF bucue head has a terribad SS speed on the first swing? :<
When I played it, I found that if Im to beat another decent rock suit that has decent player skill, Im going to have to rely on that w3.

and yes, javelin is pretty beast with that fast recharge on boost down + newtype.

thanks both hexi & van for ur opinions... i have both the javelin, and bucue head... but im still deciding on which shld i dedicate my time to lol... so, overall, it seems that both are very much on par with each other, so it really comes down to preference huh?

Click here for a guide about topping-up your M Points/Gift Packs.

07-12-2010   #524 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Vandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the rough

My recommendation for Bucue came at the assumption that you did not have Javelin.

If you have both, you'd be a fool or a die hard Astray fan, to actually choose Bucue Head over Javelin. If you aren't liking Javelin yet, a lot of K players go 2 base spd / 1 base agi and the rest attack, and they seem to think that the SS is alot better afterwards.

07-12-2010   #525 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandol
My recommendation for Bucue came at the assumption that you did not have Javelin.

If you have both, you'd be a fool or a die hard Astray fan, to actually choose Bucue Head over Javelin. If you aren't liking Javelin yet, a lot of K players go 2 base spd / 1 base agi and the rest attack, and they seem to think that the SS is alot better afterwards.
hey, haha... im an astray fan u guessed it ^_^

07-12-2010   #526 (permalink)
┬──┬ノ( -ノ)
Games
Kingdom of LoathingSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAudition 2Fiesta
Awards Facebook Fan

Retune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really nice
IGN: Retune

Javelin > BR Red Astray. Definitely.

The fact that BR Red Astray's melee is so slow and that the w3 (which is great, I admit) takes an age to reload makes it inferior to the Javelin Gundam.

Since both of these suits are melee based, it would be smart to go with the one which is better at melee, non?

In the end its up to you, but seriously. You must have less than half a brain if you end up choosing BR Red Astray over Javelin.

[Thats coming from a guy who chooses suits primarily by aesthetics.]

07-12-2010   #527 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by retune

The fact that BR Red Astray's melee is so slow and that the w3 (which is great, I admit) takes an age to reload makes it inferior to the Javelin Gundam.

Since both of these suits are melee based, it would be smart to go with the one which is better at melee, non?

In the end its up to you, but seriously. You must have less than half a brain if you end up choosing BR Red Astray over Javelin.

[Thats coming from a guy who chooses suits primarily by aesthetics.]
then i think i have less than half a brain i guess ?

07-12-2010   #528 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Games
League of LegendsSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryDragon Nest
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorFacebook Fan

Role has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant future
IGN: DestN

Quote:

You must have less than half a brain if you end up choosing BR Red Astray over Javelin.
I guess i have less than half a brain so i cut off half of your post.
But BR red astray is awesome! w2 is the shit, who wouldn't want a bow. w3 is just fun countering and ending combos in. OS B is awesome when it kicks in. And yes i'm talking about Red frame kai not bacue.

Last edited by Role; 07-12-2010 at 03:24 AM.

07-12-2010   #529 (permalink)
┬──┬ノ( -ノ)
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Retune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny
I guess i have less than half a brain so i cut off half of your post.
But BR red astray is awesome! w2 is the shit, who wouldn't want a bow. w3 is just fun countering and ending combos in. OS B is awesome when it kicks in. And yes i'm talking about Red frame kai not bacue.
Lolz. Sorry I forgot Red Frame Kai is also BR~ Its just that I don't play KR

07-13-2010   #530 (permalink)
┬──┬ノ( -ノ)
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Sorry about the double post.

What does everyone think of Gaz-R? (The blue Rock one)

I find that it's 3 stab melee comes out REALLY quickly, to a point where I out-stabbed several T3s and some other S rank rocks in a slap battle, without even using ZBS.

I also managed to w3 counter a DSHC just before it hit me o.o

07-13-2010   #531 (permalink)
Banned

Gundam00Raiser will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Gundam00Raiser
IGN: 刹那00
Class: ガンダムマイスタ lt_warlord
Level: マイスタ
Guild: ソレスタ ビーンぐ
Xfire: yeah i got one

thoughts on BR BD 3? full atk? is it even good? or avg?

07-13-2010   #532 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Games

Role has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam00Raiser
Full att. Good.

07-13-2010   #533 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Kirasf will become famous soon enough
IGN: Zarata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny
Full att. Good.
No, you fail, stfu.

07-13-2010   #534 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirasf
No, you fail, stfu.
You fail more?

07-13-2010   #535 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
Sorry about the double post.

What does everyone think of Gaz-R? (The blue Rock one)

I find that it's 3 stab melee comes out REALLY quickly, to a point where I out-stabbed several T3s and some other S rank rocks in a slap battle, without even using ZBS.

I also managed to w3 counter a DSHC just before it hit me o.o
Excellent defensive skill set, especially with now being the age of long distance pew pew mechs. Beam Rifle is great, melee has near instant SS on any hit. Boost down has excellent regen time with a good fast first hit, with no hit penalty on a quick cancel out upon connection.

It's a very good, well balanced, B rank. Tbh I consider it better then a good chunk of melee oriented B ranks, and in the hands of a good player its' a complete pain in the butt to win against.

Quote:
Stupidly good scissors that does incredibly well on nearly any sort of OC, due to how sickeningly well balanced it is. Abuse the rocket damage and the range spec and it'll treat you kindly in return. All attack will work good, but I'd consider dumping the 3 base stats into either agi / hp / speed due to them getting higher gains then they would in attack.

08-05-2010   #536 (permalink)
Raven
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterKingdom of Loathing

StrykerX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to StrykerX
IGN: StrykyX
Class: Raven lt_blader
Level: Derp
Guild: En Garde

i had this in my head for quite a while now, but i still cant figure it out.....why does lagowe suck? i mean, it has red boost and good speed, but i dont have 1 so i cant say for sure

08-05-2010   #537 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

have u seen its melee? :<
Its totally garbage.

Now that leaves him with his low ammo beam cannons ._.
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

08-05-2010   #538 (permalink)
┬──┬ノ( -ノ)
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerX
i had this in my head for quite a while now, but i still cant figure it out.....why does lagowe suck? i mean, it has red boost and good speed, but i dont have 1 so i cant say for sure

Melee is BS - not even good for show.
W2 is low ammo.
W3 is nearly unusable due to how friggin long it takes to kick it out.

Doesn't matter that it's got the red boost when it's weapon set can't do crap anyway.

08-06-2010   #539 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Destiney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam00Raiser
Full atk or 3 c's into spec rest atk. One of the best b ranks sisscors ever imo since I love it!. When exams kicks it its dam deadly.

08-06-2010   #540 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

ShanaMia will become famous soon enough

Just checking, but did you guys get the buffs that LaGOWE had a few patches back?