ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   SDGO MS Discussions (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-ms-discussions/)
-   -   A Rank Discussion Thread (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-ms-discussions/65513-rank-discussion-thread.html)

RacerX 12-06-2009 04:05 PM

A Rank Discussion Thread

Talk about anything related to A rank units here!:py02:

blackinu 12-06-2009 08:13 PM

How does The O AR and AS versions compare to other units? I'm currently saving to get both. AR I'm looking to be the first Sicssor I really use since I don't like Dual and Psycho Gundam just wasn't for me despite me finding it to be a decent unit. (TW server btw)

Kisaragi 12-06-2009 08:21 PM

AR The O: Think of it as a better Aegis, but without the transformation. The stun really knocks in opponents, stun enemies, and watch them crumble under stun pressure. Its a good scissor.

AS The O: In a melee room, its really good. That's all I have to say. In normal rooms, you gotta find space to rush in and melee. It doesn't have ranged options, so you gotta be savvy. Train with Shenlong first if you're going to try AS The O. Though, the melee range of AS The O isn't that bad at all, saber stab and spin could give a little edge in melee fights. Compared to Epyon, even with the status ailments Epyon can give, I like The O better. Compared to other A rocks with ranged options though? Its quite obvious.

IMO AR The O isn't worth it. I'd use BR Zaku 3 over AR The O, but that's just because BR Zaku 3 is more easily obtainable than AR The O. AR The O, hell, any AR units are a horrible pain to get unless its your awesomely super lucky day turbo max with Lady Luck on your side.

blackinu 12-06-2009 08:29 PM

well I already have a pretty kickass Shining Gundam, so it shouldn't be too hard to adjsut for AS. thanks for the advice(capsuled AR : D)

IonCannon 12-06-2009 10:07 PM

months ago TW had a event that gives out 7day rentals and Permanent The-O
I tried the rental and didn't quite like the low ammo low damage, so kept the permanent in cold storage.

StrykerX 12-06-2009 10:51 PM

I dont have an AR the-o but i own an AS the-o

My views of AS the-o

quite a good melee suit but lacks ranged capability. makes up for it with decent health and speed and a good weapon set. saber spin is what's makes him really shine you can counter almost every melee attack you can find(whips excluded) leaving you an opening to finish off with weap 1 + stab but the combos are kinda long so watch out for assists

Rdogg 12-07-2009 03:58 AM

I've been trying to roll for a hamma hamma is it worth it to keep trying?

NotTanja 12-07-2009 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accent (Post 1083292)
IMO AR The O isn't worth it. I'd use BR Zaku 3 over AR The O, but that's just because BR Zaku 3 is more easily obtainable than AR The O. AR The O, hell, any AR units are a horrible pain to get unless its your awesomely super lucky day turbo max with Lady Luck on your side.

In the Korean version of the game, Jio AR got buffed quite a lot when they gave it Limiter Release EX. It is actually really, really good now. It's weak in melee, but I honestly don't see this as too big of a flaw. People really do try to make Jio look weaker as it is, but it's pretty high tier now.

BR zaku III is better though if it is OC'd really high. At OC5 the Zaku clearly outshines it, but that's a whole different topic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdogg (Post 1083587)
I've been trying to roll for a hamma hamma is it worth it to keep trying?

Hamma Hamma is a bit outdated nowadays. There are better units to be had.

uchihaxavi 12-07-2009 07:00 AM

Imho,

Aegis is one of the most versatile A-rank unit.
However,

I prefer the-O as his 1st ability really make him tough to kill.
Shoot + strafe. :)

Oh, since most of the time I manual aim, Aegis got a rather big....I always can't see wat I aiming...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../aegishead.jpg

funkmflex 12-07-2009 10:43 AM

question! How is AS "queb"(just for u tanj) compared to other paper A ranks? or other A ranks with funnels? I made one but am not liking it so far but it isnt leveled barely at all yet lol

NotTanja 12-07-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkmflex (Post 1083857)
question! How is AS "queb"(just for u tanj) compared to other paper A ranks? or other A ranks with funnels? I made one but am not liking it so far but it isnt leveled barely at all yet lol

It actually requires skill to play. It has C-rank-like defense. Just level it a bit and try to get the hang of it. Put some points in defense and it's good. You don't really need any points in attack, since Qubeley has the highest natural attack in the game. Its melee is actually quite good too.

Rdogg 12-07-2009 11:12 AM

So what would be one of these better suits since am trying to experiment with funnel type attacks.

funkmflex 12-07-2009 11:18 AM

you can try doga, you can get it from the miss7ex, or attempt to make B qubely

Also tanja ty thats the responce I was hoping to get, im good wit suits like qubely doga and providence(im one of the rare decent players with it)
It just takes forever to level the damned thing. I dont like doing the miss 7 rooms since its boring as hell

Rdogg 12-07-2009 11:23 AM

Is a Doga even in the TW version? but i guess i could try and make a Qubeley Mass production but am going to need plans for that.

weissritter 12-07-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdogg (Post 1083892)
Is a Doga even in the TW version? but i guess i could try and make a Qubeley Mass production but am going to need plans for that.

the doga is in TW data but they locked it. The Mass. Qubeley has the plan for sale. The mission is painful.

Finally they both aren't A ranks please ask in the B section @_@

Rdogg 12-07-2009 11:47 AM

Well am going to need the Mass production type to get the normal version so it kind of makes sense asking about it since that other guy recommended the Qubeley as for the Doga i didn't find out until after my post when i went to check sdgo wiki about it.

funkmflex 12-07-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weissritter (Post 1083898)
the doga is in TW data but they locked it. The Mass. Qubeley has the plan for sale. The mission is painful.

Finally they both aren't A ranks please ask in the B section @_@

if u read the above weiss he asked what were goods suits since we were talking about qube to train on funnels and i told him, he coulda just pmd me after but it does sorta belong here.

Rdogg 12-08-2009 02:20 AM

So how bout that Ar wing zero?

Kisaragi 12-08-2009 02:24 AM

Thing is, AR Wing Zero isn't meant to melee. If you realize that, you're good. Find an opponent, machine cannon the opponent to death. Even better with Zero system on.

Basically, AR Wing Zero is a kiting unit. Get enemies, run back while mg'ing the enemy. If they're not dead by the time you get them to your team, full salvo with your team. :D

Marisa 12-08-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdogg (Post 1084824)
So how bout that Ar wing zero?

Speaking from having it I'm in love with it. Even though it's not meant to melee the 3rd weapon is an amazing finisher just like Sandrock (B). The MG does very solid damage even without Zero System. With Zero System you can kill an Baund Doc in less than 5-10 seconds.