ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO MS Discussions

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-28-2010   #581 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

Why is stamen considered to be bad i only found that its attack was low, and reload up was skill2, but better than calamity AR( without cs usage...)

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-28-2010   #582 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonred
Why is stamen considered to be bad i only found that its attack was low, and reload up was skill2, but better than calamity AR( without cs usage...)
I won't call it bad, but it is painfully mediocre.

W3 zooks that locks your position gives it more cons than it's worth. The only time where you want it is when you are buying time against a rock that is trying to melee you.

10-28-2010   #583 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakSD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

Vartio has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmfx19a
I've never used Calamity AR because I don't have one. So I can't compare.
I'll record it in a training room, give me 30 minutes lol.

10-28-2010   #584 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartio
I'll record it in a training room, give me 30 minutes lol.
Recordings are useless for me personally. I prefer to judge suits base on actual usage instead of theory-crafting and videoes. =/

I have read really good stuff about AR-Cala though, so I've no idea why Crimsonred is calling it worse than Stamen.

10-28-2010   #585 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

No theorycrafting, and all I did was what you did, held down the left click.

10-28-2010   #586 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartio
No theorycrafting, and all I did was what you did, held down the left click.
I am saying me theory-crafting base on videos and statistics.

And honestly, my video was just to show the projectiles of w2 and w3. I doubt you can see much about the firing rates and smoothness just base on videos alone.

10-28-2010   #587 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
I am saying me theory-crafting base on videos and statistics.

And honestly, my video was just to show the projectiles of w2 and w3. I doubt you can see much about the firing rates and smoothness just base on videos alone.
In the last couple seconds of ARB's video you can see clearly it's firing rate, and on my own experience with mine, that video's pretty much on the dime. But that's me, anyone inexperienced with it wouldn't tell.

Smoothness wise, yeah you're right. That's hard to tell. Shoulda done individual shots too.

So I just flat out got Trueche'd...

10-28-2010   #588 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Recordings are useless for me personally. I prefer to judge suits base on actual usage instead of theory-crafting and videoes. =/

I have read really good stuff about AR-Cala though, so I've no idea why Crimsonred is calling it worse than Stamen.
Cause being a zooker means more of a mid ranger but yet AR calamity is a zooker that has bad meele + slow KD beam(compared to some) aand its zook is just normal.Plus its skills does not help with reloading its zook, a major headache
as it wep2 is its main from of damage.
Stamen has double zook and a beam rifle, making it a very normal suit but without much cons other than double zook being a bit slower but still manageable as it definitely has better meele than AR calamity when out of ammo...

10-28-2010   #589 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
Cause being a zooker means more of a mid ranger but yet AR calamity is a zooker that has bad meele + slow KD beam(compared to some) aand its zook is just normal.Plus its skills does not help with reloading its zook, a major headache
as it wep2 is its main from of damage.
Stamen has double zook and a beam rifle, making it a very normal suit but without much cons other than double zook being a bit slower but still manageable as it definitely has better meele than AR calamity when out of ammo...
AR Cala's a Sniper unit first, Zooker second, meleer in emergencies.

It's w3 recharges in like 1-2 seconds flat.

If you noticed my video, it took 2 clicks for it to recharge a w2 shot, presuming each click was roughly .5 seconds apart, that's 1 second a shot (I'd say 1.5 to be on the safe side). So I'd say... 8 shots total on base ammo?

Considering all that, it's got a very good reload. Sniper part gives it extremely quick sniping, which fires a lot quicker than most snipers (and it's supposedly one of the best at quick snipe too, despite being not as efficient being a beam and all)

So I REALLY don't see your gripe. I mean it is roughly as quick at firing as a Guntank at that.

10-28-2010   #590 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

Quote:
You know, melee does not really matter unless the unit runs out of ammo easily. The reason I complain about AR Buster's crappy melee is because if you run out of ammo, and it does easily, you only have melee to defend yourself. Melee for most scissors and paper units are nothing more as a mode to assist teammates when they are getting meleed by the opponents, or to do melee dash.

Stamen and AR-Cala both have weapons with decent ammo count and cool down, so the melee does not really matter. AR Cala has knockdown that can buy time for reload or to escape, so it does not matter.

I don't see what's the problems with AR-Cala going to mid range to fight, because it has the skills to do so. I played normal Cala fine, and AR-Cala can be way tougher since it is similar to Ground Gundam.

And also, paper vs scis, plus they are two MS with very different weaponry. I've no idea why you are comparing the two together.

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 10-28-2010 at 08:57 PM.

10-28-2010   #591 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

eugenelow is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
it's w3 is not slow...it SUSPENDS the whole suit entirely......thats alone makes AR Cala superior...talk about comparing totally different suits...one being paper other being scissor...

10-29-2010   #592 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenelow
it's w3 is not slow...it SUSPENDS the whole suit entirely......thats alone makes AR Cala superior...talk about comparing totally different suits...one being paper other being scissor...
If I remember (haven't played it since AR Cala was in the 1,400 to roll stage) it suspends but only for a split second, I am not going to bother playing it to test though XD

10-29-2010   #593 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenelow
wasn't really clear headed when typing, so ended up trying to compare GP03 to AR calamity anyways, but GP03S zook isnt that bad,the two zooks can go in 2 directions and helps alot with rocks, may dash right under you etc
But AR calamity may be good as a sniper but not exactly as a zook cause of fortress... cause there are times where you need to GTFO but fortress delays you, even if you have wep3
But yeah, wrong comparing a support unit with a very normal suit which does not excel at anything

10-29-2010   #594 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
wasn't really clear headed when typing, so ended up trying to compare GP03 to AR calamity anyways, but GP03S zook isnt that bad,the two zooks can go in 2 directions and helps alot with rocks, may dash right under you etc
But AR calamity may be good as a sniper but not exactly as a zook cause of fortress... cause there are times where you need to GTFO but fortress delays you, even if you have wep3
But yeah, wrong comparing a support unit with a very normal suit which does not excel at anything
It reloads in 2 seconds. You dash back one second, maybe 2, fire w3 again as a form of kiting, retreat. Unless the rock has high range damage (read: most feg suits), you will completely force them to retreat, or bait them to your team.

10-29-2010   #595 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

And lets not forget that fortress helps reduce the damage rocks does. Which means with the right customization, unless the enemy specs/does something crazy to you/you're playing like an idiot/the team is playing like an idiot, you can tough it out until reinforcements arrive.

Fortress is, after all, the ultimate defense skill.

| Adventus |

10-29-2010   #596 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Games
League of LegendsSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryDragon Nest
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorFacebook Fan

Role has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant future
IGN: DestN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent
And lets not forget that fortress helps reduce the damage rocks does. Which means with the right customization, unless the enemy specs/does something crazy to you/you're playing like an idiot/the team is playing like an idiot, you can tough it out until reinforcements arrive.

Liar! The best defense skill is using your brain. That or the spam of VIP teleports.

10-29-2010   #597 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:

Dozle's Pride says otherwise.

And let's not forget if things get REALLY messy and you are kiting 2-3 guys, you got beam spec. And unless your team's REALLY incompetent, they'll take out at least 1!

10-29-2010   #598 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of

But not all suits have Dozle's Pride! :>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirei
Liar! The best defense skill is using your brain. That or the spam of VIP teleports.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O!

| Adventus |

10-29-2010   #599 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
But not all suits have Dozle's Pride! :>
And that chnges my statement how? Dozle > Fortress, nomnomnom

10-29-2010   #600 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games

Well, at least from experience, I found A ranks with Fortress much more tougher (duh, its an A rank!) than Dozle's Zaku II

Actually, I'll embarrass myself and rephrase that fortress/ex is the best defensive skill for an A rank and S ranks

| Adventus |