ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   SDGO MS Discussions (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-ms-discussions/)
-   -   S Rank Discussion Thread (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-ms-discussions/65512-s-rank-discussion-thread.html)

RacerX 12-06-2009 04:05 PM

S Rank Discussion Thread
 
Talk about anything related to S rank units here!:py02:

RacerX 12-08-2009 02:18 PM

Since there is not much activity here, I'll just try to continue the discussion on destiny gundam from the other page. Keep it to facts guys, no need to start flaming, you can prove your statements with facts instead of colourful words.

Quote:

Racerx: You were talking about meleeing against rocks before, and I already stated why shouldnt melee the specialised close range units you have mentioned (some are non flinch units like god/master...).

I never said Freedom has bad melee (its melee is also one of the best for scissors), but with N jammer I would have adopted a different playing style. N jammer gives you unlimited boost, but you are already at less than 50% health, if there is more than 1 other unit on the opponents team when u go into melee, that would be the opportunity the other opponent is looking for to shoot you down while you are meleeing (Not sure if this is evident in TW, but in K where most units are OCed you will notice that if you get hit by a decent oced suit your basically dead eg.AR Palace Athene or FAZZ missles). I would rather make use of the radar and swing across from cover to cover while fitting shots in. Freedom does not have much higher attack though, Destiny can weapon1+2 or sword+plamo combo as well to take down scissors or papers easily. Destiny also has Seed EX too but I still wouldnt recommend charging into specialised rocks when under 50% health. Changing modes doesnt waste much time as long as u have a decent computer.

Boost down is also really effective when u work with ur team, if the opponent is not near cover when hit, he will be fired at by the rest of your teamates (Thats what makes Nataku so effective too). I already said not to catch people unless you are sure you have a high ratio of doing so, if the other person is better you should just stick back to shooting.

Just to add even though scissors shouldnt melee rocks, it doesnt mean it cant be upfront to melee other types and support the rest of your teamates. It also means if you are up front you can still use cover to land shots rather than going out to melee.
My points are directed at the original comment of 'Destiny's melee isnt that great'->if destiny's melee isnt good, then not many other scissors will have great melee too. I just dont want eugenelow to not consider making destiny because of that.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seim (Post 1079507)
1. If freedom has a better melee combo then destiny's melee "isnt that great"
2. The chance that u have a high ratio of landing a melee with palma is never when u fight real players
3. Destiny doesnt have what it takes to save another team mate getting meleed when its a 2v1 situation when ur the "2". Transform takes too long.
4. Look at Freedom's hexagon and destiny's hexagon and tell me that destiny can be on par in terms of damage. Switch shotting only requires 2 range weapons. Destiny only goes through its weapon set once and cant do anything else except weap 2. Freedom can rotate 2+3 for a max of 3 or 4 times (depending on defence command).
5. I have a destiny and played it enough to see how its used in battle. I'm not sure if u have one
6. Don't make destiny if u think its melee can help u fend off rocks eugenelow. It's the truth.

1+2. Already explained in my earlier reply. To add Destiny has a slower swing but has a much wider hit radius. I am not sure what your comment on plamo hitting real players refers to, but when catching opponents you should start with your sword.

3.You dont need to transform. You can knockdown beam in your normal mode, if your in melee mode then you can do the same as freedom and rush in to melee. By your logic Freedom is forced to rush in to melee if he cant shoot the opponent down, so its one less option to shoot from cover (making it more risky incase an enermy backup comes). Even if you are required to transform on Destiny doesnt take long on a decent computer, you can refer to videos of mode switching if you need (it is faster than MA transformations)

4.Hexagons for attack dont mean much when the units uses different weapons, even when they use the same type one unit can do more damage than another. Example of this would be FAZZ's missles is stronger than Sazabi's missles (even though Sazabi has higher attack on the hexagon). As for stringing weapons most people can fit 1-2 sets of w2-3 on freedom before the opponent realises hes being hit and looks for cover. The damage on that is not much different to one set of w1+2+3+2 from destiny (from experience I would say destiny seems to hit even harder, but that could be due to more destinys being OCed relative to Freedoms).

5. I have played both before too, but a lot of my experience also comes from playing with/against skilled players using both suits and knowing what they excel at and the best options for them to take in a team battle situation.

6. Nobody said to solely rely on melee to fend off rocks. Freedom can use n-jammer to run away, destiny knockdown beam to run away. If they have to melee freedom swings faster but destiny swings wider and has boost down at the end of the combo.

Marisa 12-08-2009 02:29 PM

I heard Destiny is good but how long does it take to kill someone usually? It's attack looks low imo.

funkmflex 12-08-2009 02:31 PM

destiny is a very solid suit. If you are good with melee you can out melee alotta rocks, nice ranged weapon set, nice defense, high dmg special, pretty much put points into attack and it becomes a beast

Seim 12-08-2009 04:51 PM

Yes I was solely talking about melee. Chances are that unless its a point match, the palma attack would never be used. No one will rush, and obviously u would probably never go into melee unless ur desperate. As for being able to out melee alot of rocks, probably low tier, mid tier ones if your pro. Destiny's swing is just a bit better than altron (A rank) and altron has a pretty bad first swing....

knockdown beam scroos ur switch shotting on a single opponent. Yes ur gonna throw boomerangs, beam, knockdown, wait-for-their-invince-frame-to-go-away. Its impossible to switch shot for more damage like freedom. Knockdowns can be ur enemy and ur friend.

But yes, Destiny is a solid suit for support fire but its attack is LOW compared to freedom. Significantly enough to see when u first play it. But it makes up for it in the spec and weapon set. Seed EX is pretty nice unless ur chased by a DSHC or fished by a nataku...1CKO same with freedom's njammer

LiLMewmew 12-08-2009 05:14 PM

Beam rifle on Destiny is slow compared to Freedom / Sazabi. :py27:

NotTanja 12-08-2009 09:33 PM

Destiny having lower attack than Freedom is mostly untrue. Sure, it has less attack out of the box, noone could argue this, but it maximizes its attack with Seed EX. This is actually quite huge. This means that any attack you put into it pays off a lot more than normal.

'Tis your choice if you wish to compare plain units, or decently OC'd units. e.g. If we only talk about plain units with only their skills then V2 is one of the worst S ranks. If we consider OC then it suddenly owns.

If you take such a long time to transform then:
- Your computer is bad.
- Your connection is bad.
- (You should feel bad.)

Freedom is still the worst scissors S rank in the game.
Spoiler!

Marisa 12-09-2009 07:17 PM

Anyone have experience in using Neue Ziel? It looks pretty good imo.

LiLMewmew 12-09-2009 09:27 PM

Neue Ziel has Aura - Attack Up for Team.
Because of this, you should try to stay alive as much as possible. So, even though being a rock and it has antiflinch, you shouldn't dash right in and try to melee your opponent's team. You should use your Wire Guided Arm (Funnel thingy) and use Megaparticle beam. Don't use the Quad Beam rifles ... use it sparingly!

funkmflex 12-10-2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiLMewmew (Post 1087313)
Neue Ziel has Aura - Attack Up for Team.
Because of this, you should try to stay alive as much as possible. So, even though being a rock and it has antiflinch, you shouldn't dash right in and try to melee your opponent's team. You should use your Wire Guided Arm (Funnel thingy) and use Megaparticle beam. Don't use the Quad Beam rifles ... use it sparingly!

agreed with what mew said, just try and stay alive to keep the team buffed, also the quad beams have horrible reload, only use it if you got a paper or something mid ranging you. even then tho you should megpart it and let your teammates take care of it

Role 12-12-2009 06:18 AM

I disagree with the two ways you guys use Ziel. Ziel is basically a big bait boy. Your job is to make the other team aim for you so your teammates get the chance to kill the people aiming at you. Yes it has aura but just staying alive for just the sake of aura isn't that effective due to the fact that you are too big to find decent cover and your beams are meh.

funkmflex 12-12-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronozone (Post 1090110)
I disagree with the two ways you guys use Ziel. Ziel is basically a big bait boy. Your job is to make the other team aim for you so your teammates get the chance to kill the people aiming at you. Yes it has aura but just staying alive for just the sake of aura isn't that effective due to the fact that you are too big to find decent cover and your beams are meh.

The reason why I play it as stated above is due to one large factor. I suck with it! lol

Role 12-12-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkmflex (Post 1090282)
The reason why I play it as stated above is due to one large factor. I suck with it! lol

LOL
Heres some stars:py03::py03::py03:

funkmflex 12-12-2009 12:15 PM

yay! now give me some pie :D

Blade361 12-17-2009 04:52 PM

GN Arms Type-E Exia should have that massive GN sword normal Exia has when purging.
It isn't Exia without it. = =

funkmflex 12-17-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade361 (Post 1097623)
GN Arms Type-E Exia should have that massive GN sword normal Exia has when purging.
It isn't Exia without it. = =

Well seeing as how he has like what....7 blades or something like that? He is allowed to use more than one...lol

Xestes 12-18-2009 12:40 AM

is V(nu) better or sazabi? anyone any suggest?

RacerX 12-18-2009 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xestes (Post 1098202)
is V(nu) better or sazabi? anyone any suggest?

Nu would be the better choice. I-Field to block beam projectiles and you can also make Nu HWS later as well.

Kirasf 12-18-2009 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RacerX (Post 1098210)
Nu would be the better choice. I-Field to block beam projectiles and you can also make Nu HWS later as well.

^this. SHORT!!!!!!

funkmflex 12-19-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RacerX (Post 1098210)
Nu would be the better choice. I-Field to block beam projectiles and you can also make Nu HWS later as well.

This may be true but sazabi is alot easier to use overall. Im sill having issues keeping my ammo in check when in I-field mode. Sazabi can just blast away and have fortress help him for a while.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.