ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community


Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO MS Discussions

Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

7.4

 
LinkBack (6) Thread Tools Display Modes
02-03-2012   #2021 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Bng422's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAika OnlineLeague of Legends
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada & Hong Kong
Posts: 4,034
iTrader: (0)
Bng422 has a spectacular aura aboutBng422 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LostTheGame / Bng422 (NA)
Class: Mid-Range
Level: Blue ♦♦♦ / >>> (NA)
Guild: 카르페디엠 (KR) /Vanrawr (NA)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikegundam
that would be great..thanks
Here try this:

sdgo_folder.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

There's no gpackdatas to keep the file small. Go add that yourself and tell me if it works.
__________________
00 Qan[T]
Game Count: 3200 Win Percentage: 65.81% Ranking: #15
 
Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-11-2012   #2022 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
pikachuwei's Avatar
Awards Facebook Fan
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 336
iTrader: (0)
pikachuwei is on a distinguished road
IGN: akzubeth
Level: Bronze Diamond
Default

now that i've played 00 a few times
it's actually not that bad imo

sure your damage is lackluster (rarely go beyond the 20%s) but if you have a good backup team it works great as a tanking rock as long as you use mode 2 correctly. Dem frontal shields are sexy as hell
 
02-11-2012   #2023 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Uncharted's Avatar
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: 珠津島, 修智館学院
Posts: 889
iTrader: (0)
Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei
now that i've played 00 a few times
it's actually not that bad imo

sure your damage is lackluster (rarely go beyond the 20%s) but if you have a good backup team it works great as a tanking rock as long as you use mode 2 correctly. Dem frontal shields are sexy as hell
any unit with great backup can do what 00 does 10 times better
 
02-11-2012   #2024 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
pikachuwei's Avatar
Awards Facebook Fan
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 336
iTrader: (0)
pikachuwei is on a distinguished road
IGN: akzubeth
Level: Bronze Diamond
Default

but if used well 00 could live much longer than most other S rank rocks in the same circumstance

Take just today, I got specced by a seravee against a wall to about 20% hp left or less, and as I got up was meleed by alvatore, due to me being in mode 2 i survived with about 1 HP left, and the alvatore was so preoccupied with waiting for me to get back up for it to kill me again that my teammates were able to kill it and i was able to go on to kill that seravee from behind.

Most other rocks wouldnt be able to survive a 4 hit melee combo from an S rank scis at <20% hp.

and in other matchs I took two shots from a 00R linear rifle and a KD beam from an HWS at the start of the match and lost only about =<10% hp.
another time, took full hit from whip, 1 or two shots from it's w2 and 2 full combos from a T3 to kill me (yes I got horribly outmeleed but at least I managed to draw away the T3 long enough for my team's scissors to murk their papers)
Took on an SF and X-2 in close range with both of them gunning for me, ended up with them dead at the hands of my teammate reborns/HWS and I still had 60%+ hp left

and My 00 doesn't even have spec or skills yet QAQ if I ever get to C/OC hp def or something it's defensive capabilities would be even better + double boost to manuveur more to trouble enemies.
and I'm absolutely horrible at meleeing too, reducing my capability to contribute offensively to the team.

imo survivability is a very important aspect for a tanking rock, the longer you live the longer you can distract your enemies for your teammate to wail on them. You don't necessarily have to do much damage, just perform map control.

and in terms of survivability, both up close and personal and drawing fire from mid-range, only NZ beats a good 00 using mode 2 in tanking power (In TW)

Last edited by pikachuwei; 02-11-2012 at 04:35 PM.
 
02-11-2012   #2025 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Bng422's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAika OnlineLeague of Legends
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada & Hong Kong
Posts: 4,034
iTrader: (0)
Bng422 has a spectacular aura aboutBng422 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LostTheGame / Bng422 (NA)
Class: Mid-Range
Level: Blue ♦♦♦ / >>> (NA)
Guild: 카르페디엠 (KR) /Vanrawr (NA)
Default

00 isn't a tank.

Ironically, it's defense in mode 2 actually goes down to compensate for the shield in the front.

If you get blasted from a HWS KD beam to the back it will hurt like hell.
__________________
00 Qan[T]
Game Count: 3200 Win Percentage: 65.81% Ranking: #15
 
02-11-2012   #2026 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Jaen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
iTrader: (0)
Jaen has a spectacular aura aboutJaen has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Falathar
Class: Scissors, Rocks, Paper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei
but if used well 00 could live much longer than most other S rank rocks in the same circumstance

Take just today, I got specced by a seravee against a wall to about 20% hp left or less, and as I got up was meleed by alvatore, due to me being in mode 2 i survived with about 1 HP left, and the alvatore was so preoccupied with waiting for me to get back up for it to kill me again that my teammates were able to kill it and i was able to go on to kill that seravee from behind.

Most other rocks wouldnt be able to survive a 4 hit melee combo from an S rank scis at <20% hp.

and in other matchs I took two shots from a 00R linear rifle and a KD beam from an HWS at the start of the match and lost only about =<10% hp.
another time, took full hit from whip, 1 or two shots from it's w2 and 2 full combos from a T3 to kill me (yes I got horribly outmeleed but at least I managed to draw away the T3 long enough for my team's scissors to murk their papers)
Took on an SF and X-2 in close range with both of them gunning for me, ended up with them dead at the hands of my teammate reborns/HWS and I still had 60%+ hp left

and My 00 doesn't even have spec or skills yet QAQ if I ever get to C/OC hp def or something it's defensive capabilities would be even better + double boost to manuveur more to trouble enemies.
and I'm absolutely horrible at meleeing too, reducing my capability to contribute offensively to the team.

imo survivability is a very important aspect for a tanking rock, the longer you live the longer you can distract your enemies for your teammate to wail on them. You don't necessarily have to do much damage, just perform map control.

and in terms of survivability, both up close and personal and drawing fire from mid-range, only NZ beats a good 00 using mode 2 in tanking power (In TW)
Well, people could just ignore you until they have SP. Unlike a NZ a 00 left alone isn't that threatening.
 
02-11-2012   #2027 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
pikachuwei's Avatar
Awards Facebook Fan
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 336
iTrader: (0)
pikachuwei is on a distinguished road
IGN: akzubeth
Level: Bronze Diamond
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng422
00 isn't a tank.

Ironically, it's defense in mode 2 actually goes down to compensate for the shield in the front.

If you get blasted from a HWS KD beam to the back it will hurt like hell.
that's why you have to be good at using mode 2 to counter attacks from other directions, and be aware of your surroundings. Your positioning is wrong if you're at a place where teh enemy can freely attack you from behind, unless it's on a stupid spawn map like Krugis or the enemy is using teleports/invis, in which case you can't help it.

In a straightforward rush where you know the enemies are in front of you 00 fares well. You don't want to rambo in and melee unless you've got a superior rock on your team with you tho, coz you'd get murdered by their rocks or heck even their scis/papers which have good melee.. You want to be constantly knocking on their front door, attracting enemy fire away from your teammates and hitting them with your blade beams as much as possible, all the while positioning yourself to not be outflanked coz you're screwed otherwise. If you see their team split up, you could charge in, depending on how good your melee skills are (as mentioned before, I suck, so when I do charge in the results vary. Sometimes I feel like I'm Amuro Ray, other times a SEED grunt)
I've got a OC4 HP/Def T3 which iirc is a decently tanky rock and it dies much, much faster than my vanilla 00 when hit =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaen
Well, people could just ignore you until they have SP. Unlike a NZ a 00 left alone isn't that threatening.
a melee combo from even a 00 is still going to hurt most suits pretty bad (21.3 atk + 3 atk with ATK up and 1320 5 hit melee is gonna take out a large chunk of just about anyone's hp). Ignore enemy S ranks (no matter how "bad" they are) at your own peril.

Last edited by pikachuwei; 02-11-2012 at 05:08 PM.
 
02-11-2012   #2028 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Jaen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
iTrader: (0)
Jaen has a spectacular aura aboutJaen has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Falathar
Class: Scissors, Rocks, Paper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei


a melee combo from even a 00 is still going to hurt most suits pretty bad (21.3 atk + 3 atk with ATK up and 1320 5 hit melee is gonna take out a large chunk of just about anyone's hp). Ignore enemy S ranks (no matter how "bad" they are) at your own peril.
Let me clarify. Ignore != let him melee you freely. Ignore == don't waste too much time/ammo trying to kill him while other more threatening targets exist.
 
02-11-2012   #2029 (permalink)
Raven
StrykerX's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterKingdom of Loathing
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: On Land
Posts: 2,088
iTrader: (0)
StrykerX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to StrykerX
IGN: StrykyX
Class: Raven lt_blader
Level: Derp
Guild: En Garde
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei
I've got a OC4 HP/Def T3 which iirc is a decently tanky rock and it dies much, much faster than my vanilla 00 when hit =/
stop using it like a goddam paper
 
02-11-2012   #2030 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
pikachuwei's Avatar
Awards Facebook Fan
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 336
iTrader: (0)
pikachuwei is on a distinguished road
IGN: akzubeth
Level: Bronze Diamond
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerX
stop using it like a goddam paper
I try not to =/

but that's beside the point.
 
02-11-2012   #2031 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
KirovReporting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Side3
Posts: 1,506
iTrader: (0)
KirovReporting has a spectacular aura aboutKirovReporting has a spectacular aura about
Guild: exMachina
Default

t3 is a buff carrier, and as long as it maintains the buff and shoots its w2 time to time, that is enough

00 is overall a sad suit and every single change in the meta has brought it down lower and lower
__________________
Pazabi OCEX Rau Dinn OCEX Rocknanju OC6 HiNu OC6 Scizabi OC6 HWS OC6 GundamMC OC6 BR Rezel OC6 Quess Doga OC6 Char Zaku OC6 Geara Doga OC6 Stark Jegan OC6 Wing EW OC6 NGC OC6 Scinanju OC5 ARPA OC5 BD3 OC5 007 OC5

^all gone/currently have *v*
Rezel OC6 BB senshi hyaku shiki OC6 Kaempfer OC6 Missile GINN OC6 Sinanju OC5 Zabanya SR Ace
 
02-11-2012   #2032 (permalink)
Raven
StrykerX's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterKingdom of Loathing
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: On Land
Posts: 2,088
iTrader: (0)
StrykerX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to StrykerX
IGN: StrykyX
Class: Raven lt_blader
Level: Derp
Guild: En Garde
Default

you said it yourself. 00 can be kinda tanky if you use it RIGHT. So can t3. and using it right is nothing like using a paper
 
02-11-2012   #2033 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
pikachuwei's Avatar
Awards Facebook Fan
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 336
iTrader: (0)
pikachuwei is on a distinguished road
IGN: akzubeth
Level: Bronze Diamond
Default

Well using a T3 or most other suits "right" or "wrong" doesn't affect their tankiness, just how long you survive with them, unless you're turning your back to everyone to let them crit you. Playing a T3 as a paper or a rock doesn't change very much the number of hits it will be able to take. Playing a T3 as a paper may get more than half your hp melted by a WZC in one full salvo, it won't change even if you play the T3 as a rock.

Well I guess the case with 00 too, (always facing the attacker, not away from it)
but just that if used right a 00 can take much more hits than if used "wrong", not just how long it can last in a match. Playing a 00 in mode 1 will see your hp melted by more than half by a WZC, but playing a 00 in mode 2 utilizing the GN shields well will see probably around 20~30% of your hp at most taken away by a full salvo from the same WZC

It's the sort of thing that applies to V2A/V2AB/Nu too (though more limited for them since I-Field doesn't block physical and melee)

And I never said 00 was a great suit, it's still going to be low tier S overall, it's just that if used well it's ability to soak up damage is actually exceptional for a S rank rock.

Last edited by pikachuwei; 02-11-2012 at 07:23 PM.
 
02-11-2012   #2034 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Jaen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
iTrader: (0)
Jaen has a spectacular aura aboutJaen has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Falathar
Class: Scissors, Rocks, Paper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei
Well using a T3 or most other suits "right" or "wrong" doesn't affect their tankiness, just how long you survive with them, unless you're turning your back to everyone to let them crit you. Playing a T3 as a paper or a rock doesn't change very much the number of hits it will be able to take
It depends on your definition of tankiness. If your'e strictly saying how much hp/defense it has then yes it's a constant.

But like you said, playing a suit right will make you get hit less and if a suit's weaponset lends itself to getting hit less than it's overall survival rate will go up.

00 is not so good because although it has the capability to take a lot of damage, for it to make a meaningful contribution it has to be in the front, getting hit all the time and it doesn't have very many tools to force the enemy to hit it, especially compared to something like a Apsalus etc.


T3 is very valuable because it's somewhat tanky but it also can choose to played with minimal exposure to enemy by giving aura and using its flashlight. So the survival rate is high, but it's also versatile since the whip can be used to make a force to be reckoned with in melee as well.
Think about it this way, once T3 gets it's aura up, it can just sit behind cover and go afk and it's still contributing to the team even if it has 1hp left. What can 00 do in the same situation?

Last edited by Jaen; 02-11-2012 at 07:23 PM.
 
02-11-2012   #2035 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
tehprognoob's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterCosmic BreakPerfect World
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,402
iTrader: (0)
tehprognoob will become famous soon enough
IGN: Cynister(TW) MidBoss(KR)
Guild: O.M.F.G.
Default

Surprise a SP awakening Sazabi and eat a Spec for the team.
__________________
KR IGN: MidBoss
SUICIDE IS NOT A VERB, DON'T USE IT AS ONE!
Arios Gundam (GNHW/M) Skill 1 Crossbone Gundam X3 OC3 DSTAT Deathscythe Hell Custom OC3 DSTAT Freedom Gundam (Meteor) C1 Infinite Justice OC5 Kyshatria OC3 Neue Ziel OC 4 Qubeley (Awakened) Ace Sazabi C2 Zeta Gundam (Awakened) OC 4

GG TW
 
02-11-2012   #2036 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
pikachuwei's Avatar
Awards Facebook Fan
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 336
iTrader: (0)
pikachuwei is on a distinguished road
IGN: akzubeth
Level: Bronze Diamond
Default

^Well yeah my definition of tanky is more in the region of how much numerical damage it can take before exploding. And it's not just that playing a suit right will make you get hit less, most suits have shields, and if you have a suit with a shield as potent as 00's playing the suit right, using it's shield will make you hurt less WHEN you get hit.

Survivability =/= tanky, stuff like 00R/00Q and DSHC EW can last entire games by using their gimmicks of quantimize and invisibility, but they can't really be used as a damage soaker to draw enemy fire from (well the quantimizers can to an extent as everyone always tries to keel them)

And yes for 00 to make meaningful contributions it does have to be in the front getting pounded on and drawing fire, and yeah it doesn't have very many tools to force the enemy's fire besides slapping them with it's 1800 blade beams (which do hurt but are restricted by the ammo/crap reload) and probably jumping around in their face trying to troll their R lock or something, or rushing in for melee down a narrow corridor where it can't be flanked.
That's probably the reason why it's not a great suit, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it is a "good" tank in terms of pure tanking ability, it's just probably not a very "efficient" one.

It's just that i don't feel 00 is a completely horrid unusable piece of crap, it's very possible to win matches with it in S rooms while making meaningful contributions to the team and not just dying horribly in 1 minute

And plus the feeling of using a non-broken suit to take on the top tier suits and winning feels fabulous :3

i'm still probably never gonna touch it after I make it Custom 1 to meet 00R requirements though =P

Last edited by pikachuwei; 02-11-2012 at 07:35 PM.
 
02-11-2012   #2037 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
KirovReporting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Side3
Posts: 1,506
iTrader: (0)
KirovReporting has a spectacular aura aboutKirovReporting has a spectacular aura about
Guild: exMachina
Default

the best 00 can be is cannon fodder while your team tries to flank the foes
and even then, the foes wont pay much attention to the 00
something like god gundam draws attention much better
__________________
Pazabi OCEX Rau Dinn OCEX Rocknanju OC6 HiNu OC6 Scizabi OC6 HWS OC6 GundamMC OC6 BR Rezel OC6 Quess Doga OC6 Char Zaku OC6 Geara Doga OC6 Stark Jegan OC6 Wing EW OC6 NGC OC6 Scinanju OC5 ARPA OC5 BD3 OC5 007 OC5

^all gone/currently have *v*
Rezel OC6 BB senshi hyaku shiki OC6 Kaempfer OC6 Missile GINN OC6 Sinanju OC5 Zabanya SR Ace
 
02-11-2012   #2038 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
pikachuwei's Avatar
Awards Facebook Fan
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 336
iTrader: (0)
pikachuwei is on a distinguished road
IGN: akzubeth
Level: Bronze Diamond
Default

well from what I've experienced god gundams die rather fast... it's more of a make-and-break when you have a god gundam rushing in your team, either he dies quick and your team is now 3v4 or he does sufficient havoc for your team to massacre the rest of the enemy and win the match.

At least 00 has the option of slapping scissors with those 1800 blade beams, which do still hurt quite a lot especially with 00's high attack stat. Most S rank scissors will tend to notice you after eating a few of them in the face. And they have decent reach, enough for you to perhaps deal some extra damage to those enemy papers hanging at the back of the enemy position without having to rush in and exposing your back.

Last edited by pikachuwei; 02-11-2012 at 07:41 PM.
 
02-11-2012   #2039 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
KirovReporting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Side3
Posts: 1,506
iTrader: (0)
KirovReporting has a spectacular aura aboutKirovReporting has a spectacular aura about
Guild: exMachina
Default

god gundam dies fast, cuz it can at least draw attention as cannon fodder while your teammates wreck havoc elsewhere

00 cant even do that, it could dance in front of the enemy and he would still only have one eye on you

and if you actually think of scissors-pwning, god gundam does that better

best thing to do with 00?
give it more swords, or put an 0 raiser on it
__________________
Pazabi OCEX Rau Dinn OCEX Rocknanju OC6 HiNu OC6 Scizabi OC6 HWS OC6 GundamMC OC6 BR Rezel OC6 Quess Doga OC6 Char Zaku OC6 Geara Doga OC6 Stark Jegan OC6 Wing EW OC6 NGC OC6 Scinanju OC5 ARPA OC5 BD3 OC5 007 OC5

^all gone/currently have *v*
Rezel OC6 BB senshi hyaku shiki OC6 Kaempfer OC6 Missile GINN OC6 Sinanju OC5 Zabanya SR Ace
 
02-11-2012   #2040 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Bng422's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAika OnlineLeague of Legends
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada & Hong Kong
Posts: 4,034
iTrader: (0)
Bng422 has a spectacular aura aboutBng422 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LostTheGame / Bng422 (NA)
Class: Mid-Range
Level: Blue ♦♦♦ / >>> (NA)
Guild: 카르페디엠 (KR) /Vanrawr (NA)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirovReporting
god gundam dies fast, cuz it can at least draw attention as cannon fodder while your teammates wreck havoc elsewhere

00 cant even do that, it could dance in front of the enemy and he would still only have one eye on you

and if you actually think of scissors-pwning, god gundam does that better

best thing to do with 00?
give it more swords, or put an 0 raiser on it
Or upgrade it (as in rebuilding the suit) and giving it new GN Drives?
__________________
00 Qan[T]
Game Count: 3200 Win Percentage: 65.81% Ranking: #15
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-ms-discussions/65512-s-rank-discussion-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
เดททินี้ VS ฟรีด้อม - Pilot Talk~ - SD Gundam Online - Playinter Board ! รวมเ&#65533;มส์ออนไลน์จา&#65533;ต่างประเทศ - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 10-20-2011 08:42 AM
Playinter Board ! - Powered by Discuz! Board This thread Refback 07-23-2011 03:46 AM
เดททินี้ VS ฟรีด้อม - Pilot Talk~ - SD Gundam Online - Playinter Board ! รวมเกมส์ออนไลน์จากต่างประเทศ - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 05-18-2011 10:00 PM
เดททินี้ VS ฟรีด้อม - Pilot Talk~ - SD Gundam Online - Playinter Board ! รวมเกมส์ออนไลน์จากต่างประเทศ - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 08-08-2010 07:39 AM
เดททินี้ VS ฟรีด้อม - Pilot Talk~ - SD Gundam Online - Playinter Board ! รวมเกมส์ออนไลน์จากต่างประเทศ - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 07-16-2010 02:44 AM
เดททินี้ VS ฟรีด้อม - Pilot Talk~ - SD Gundam Online - Playinter Board ! รวมเกมส์ออนไลน์จากต่างประเทศ - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 07-12-2010 08:01 PM

Wizard 101
Need a new browser game?

Try 

Wizard 101

Rating:  

5.0
Hide this banner by registering for our community.