Hey hey everyone! As you may have known from the previous GGFTW MS-R's, my name is Buster, and I'm here to write another DUAL MS-R. Now why make two MS Reviews instead of one, you ask? The thing is, I play battleships too, and I tend to pair mobile suits that I think has a pretty good synergy together.
Now onto the MS Review(s)!
First off we got Crossbone Gundam X2-Kai.
Now this MS is as flashy as its X-shaped ready pose, with the same power to boot. Used by Zabine Chareux in Universal Century 133, this Gundam is an upgraded version of the Crossbone X2, in both appearance and weaponry alike.
Wait what, upgrades?
Yes upgrades. Other from the sexily redone X-shaped thrusters, the SR version has better weaponry overall than the S rank version.
. Shot Lancer (Melee Mode) - 2 hits to knockdown, no melee dash.
This is a relatively fast weapon and can deal near fatal damage to any normal sized MS from the back, and known to instantly kill B ranks and C ranks from the back. The S rank's version is a 4 hit melee thrust with melee dash.
Shot Lancer: 4-Barrel Heavy Machine Gun - What a mouthful of words for a machinegun that spits lead rounds. But with its fast reload and plentiful ammo, it is a machinegun unlike no other. Best weapon to use against I field users and units with beam immunity, like Akatsuki variants. Really, it tears through Akatsuki like a hot knife through butter.
Buster Launcher - I remember this being called "Dr. Needle" during an April Fools' joke wiki edit. It is a beam sniping weapon with fast reload, and reloads even faster with Veteran Sniper EX. Running away with less than 20% Health? Oh no you don't.
Beam Zanber - Dat 3 hit swing.
Very fast animation, nice AOE in front of the unit. Its so good it makes X1 Kai's Beam Zanber feel inferior. Nah, just kidding. Both has its ups and downs, and for X2 Kai, its the 3 hit melee, which is a downer even if you got to hit someone from the back.
Zanbuster (Pistol Mode)
- your standard Xbone flintlock.
- This is what makes X2 Kai a good MS. Apart from the already cheap Sniping Mode, the Laucher mode makes it a mobile version of WZC, and can be used alternately with Zanbuster. Oh did I mention that it inflicts SLOW
ailment? Its like STUN ailment, only slightly lame!
Veteran Sniper EX
When the unit's health drops below 80%, the unit's defense against medium-range weapons and search distance are increased, and sniping weapon will do critical hits when zoomed in.
Space Pirate's Conviction
When the unit's health drops below 60%, the unit's defense against beam weapons and boost recovery are increased and damage is maximized.
So it sounds like an awesome MS Buster! ITS SO PERFECT!!!1one
1. Wrong. As attractive as it is, this MS comes with one horrible weakness: That softness. It is so squishy it can't last long when taking moderate fire from the enemy, which is why it is played like a sniper MS mostly, away from enemy line of sight.
2. But that's the problem. With its kit, it should be played as a versatile MS. So much wasted potential with its whole moveset given its squishiness. I play X2 kai like a scissor, it just takes a while to get used to the squishiness. And it always ends up with me dying even if I'm very careful with my positioning. It is just that squishy.
3. Do not be discouraged by my words though. It is just a friendly reminder as a proud owner of such a fine SR mobile suit. SR X2 is still a pretty powerful MS, and even if your whole team is feeding, you're still bound to carry hard.
And now, time for some videos!