ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO MS Discussions

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-06-2014   #1 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterS4 LeagueFreeJackCabal Online

Kenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the rough
IGN: BusterX
Class: Brawler to_fighter
Level: ♦♦♦
Guild: Seven Swords 七劍(HK)/Synergy(TW)
Default [MS Review] Arios Gundam Ascalon / Crossbone Gundam Skullheart

Hallo, GGFTW. I'm Buster and I've decided to review two of my favorite Rocks ... I mean, Mobile Suits in game. The reason why I didn't review them one at a time is because I don't use other mobile suits than those two. Ascalon and Skullheart are considered to be polar opposites of one another, but they can be used in any game mode and map.

First off, we have Arios Ascalon.

I used to think Ascalon is poorly designed and performs lower than SR Arios. If you look at it carefully though, Ascalon as a better melee kit at the expense of a slightly inferior range kit compared to SRios.

Ascalon has three things that differ from SRios' range set:

1. SRios' GN Cannon fires faster and has 5 ammo, compared to Ascalon's slow firing GN Cannon with 3 shots only. Ascalon does a pose before firing the cannon, hence the slower fire rate.

2. The GN submachine gun is present on both, but only SRios has the standing 10 shot burst ability.

3. SRios has GN Pistol on the flight mode. Ascalon has none.

Now what does Ascalon have that is not present in SRios?

1. Dat Swag GN Sword Knockdown/GN Sword dash. Seriously son, dat sword is huge like whoa, and it goes, zoom, then chop chop cracka! 'Know what I'm sayin'? If that wasn't bad enough, the cooldown for both are ridiculously fast that it gives S Zeta an inferiority complex. GN pincers? Please foo, no Nobel Gundam or GN Archer can resist a long weapon.

2. Red Paint. Like, seriously red paint makes any mobile suit 3x faster. You put red paint on a bicycle and it becomes a Ducati. You put red paint on an obese kid and he becomes Usain Bolt. SRios got nothin' on Ascalon's Ferrarri bling.

3. Really? Beam SP on MS MODE? Nothing pops a Zaku faster than a Range SP, son.

4. Dat dual wield. You can be an orange painted GM Custom, but nothing can be more badass than a Red painted Arios that dual wields. If you ain't dual wieldin', ya ain't winnin, know what I'm sayin'? Two swords means you get to chop down two Zakus at the same time, or you get to chop one Zaku twice. THATS ONE MORE CHOP THAN USUAL.

5. Whoa whoa, calm down son. I know its hard to be that fresh, but keep it in your pants.

How do I play Ascalon?

1. When in doubt, stay in mode 2. Nothing dodges stray fire like keepin' it low profile. Keep behind cover and launch missiles to poke down enemies from safety. It is a general rule of the thumb to be alert all times and know where your enemies' locations are. Dash in with W3 to disable squishies, and then chop! with W1. Then sexily hop away from the scene. Ultra low, ultra swag.

2. Only use your large-ass cannon when assisting. Damn son, that thing might be sexy and all, but you gotta pose first for it to fire. You gotta have a homie with you at all times so you can pose and shoot.

3. Chop down crackas with your two swords. Hell, its two swords. Two.GODDAMN.SWORDS. Need I say more? MCA/Turn Slash n' shit like that. Smack them foos with your two swords. Peace.

4. Don't get greedy. Ascalon might be cool and all, but Zakus and GMs get jealous when you're too fresh y'know? You gotta protect dem clothes man. Being cool is expensive, fo' shizzle.

5. Whoa whoa, calm your tits.

Now you got educated, it is time fo' some videos. Actually, I got none. What? Its not easy gettin' the paparazzi to cough up dem vids man. Ascalon's one swagifraggillistic shit and all.

Here's one from GGFTW's Gtman. Ew, dat orange. Just kidding, peace.

Lamborghini colors man. Swag.

00 Raiser, 00 7S/G, V2AB, Infinite Justice, HWS v, Master Fuunsaiki, God Fuunsaiki, SR Sazabi, Crossbone X1 Kai, X2 Kai, Harute (Final Mission Type) Stargazer, Crossbone X3, Sazabi

Upcoming projects: Arios Ascalon (100% Complete!), Crossbone X1 Skullheart (100% Complete!)

HIATUS AGAIN!
Playing Blade and Soul China
IGN - Luoji

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-06-2014   #2 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games

Kenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the rough

Next is Crossbone Gundam Skullheart.

I know y'all can't wait so calm yo tits. Crossbone Skullheart plays different from Ascalon's Zaku-cappin' style. You can say that they're the opposite. While Ascalon is a fresh, pimpin' gangsta from tha hood, Skullheart is a serious Yakuza ready to cut down foos with his bigass sword. Hear that? BIGASS SWORD. Now that's some serious shit right there.

Here's a few things I noticed from playing Skullheart:

1. Dat cutlass. Seriously, that Beam Zanber chops a zaku in half faster than two chops. THAT'S ONE CHOP FASTER! And it isn't even painted red yet! And what's more, Skullheart don't need two arms to chop sum Zaku booty. One arm to chop a Zaku, another arm to shoot it down with a crossbow. Now that's some Van Hellsing shit right there. A DAMN CROSSBOW. Whoa, whoa, calm yo tits.

2. And not only it is a crossbow, its a goddamn LASER CROSSBOW. Shit son, LASER CROSSBOW. And it fires not one beam but MANY BEAMS. What exact number? Do you expect me to count, son? Damn.

3. See the only thing that's longer than Ascalon's thing is Skullheart's thing. Again, chicks dig long things. Remember that. It goes, ZAP MOFO! Then ya ain't got bullets no mo. That's some Zorro shit right there. Antonio Banderas. Peace.

4. Chop.Bang.Zap. Damn, son.

5. Mode 2's hugeass sword has no melee dash. Dat's hot, and it becomes a chainsaw. NO SHIT, IT DOES.

6. Two daggers. No they ain't fo stabbin. Skullheart throws daggers at Zakus and gives no fucks. Jason Statham. Haven't seen the Expendables? Its got Jet Li. Damn.

7. I know ya'll are familiar with Nataku's and Neue Ziel's homing claw arms. Shit son, those ain't got nothing with Skullheart's Crotch Anchor. Ya heard me right. CROTCH.ANCHOR. In the US, chicks grab crotches. In Soviet Russia, the CROTCH GRABS YOU. Damn. You thought getting pulled in by Nataku and smacked silly is bad? HEY LOOK MY CROTCH GRABS YOU. NOW KISS.

8. Its a Pirate Gundam, Ho-lee shiiiiiit. Dats some tight shit there, son. Real tight. Like, seriously. Damn.

How do I play Skullheart?

1. Two things. Get in, get out. Get in, pull out yo thing and ZAP with your whip thingy. Smack a foo if you can, then bend them over and load them like a shotgun, you stud.

2. Get out quickly. If more crackas surround you, get the f out of there quickly. Smack then with yo chainsaw if needed.

3. Git gud. Seriously, not everyone can aim their crotches properly. Aim dat shit and make sure it hits.

00 Raiser, 00 7S/G, V2AB, Infinite Justice, HWS v, Master Fuunsaiki, God Fuunsaiki, SR Sazabi, Crossbone X1 Kai, X2 Kai, Harute (Final Mission Type) Stargazer, Crossbone X3, Sazabi

Upcoming projects: Arios Ascalon (100% Complete!), Crossbone X1 Skullheart (100% Complete!)

HIATUS AGAIN!
IGN - Luoji

02-07-2014   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

FonSpark will become famous soon enough

Lol LOW articles but SWAG quality
Now Jesus Yamato fanboy
Korean f3g, NA f/-\g player
King of fail OC <= no longer true
Cute, sweet, too much derp
FonSpark(KR), Bonjour (HK), Feb(NA, SEA and other servers that I don't remember )

02-07-2014   #4 (permalink)
DoX
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Facebook Fan

DoX is on a distinguished road
IGN: SDoXX / DoX
Class: B.R.S/W.R.S
Guild: Refuge/En Garde

So much 90's in these reviews
For a sec, I thought you smokin weed while doin this review xD
Nice reviews on both gangsta suit
Overall,I approve this

P/S : Droppin my TW version of Ascalon plays here (coz beeches be trippin ballz on this ride,predators n victimz alike)

THE FINAL GAME BEGINS
MY SDGO CHANNEL(Ongoing)

02-07-2014   #5 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoX
Overall,I approve this

P/S : Droppin my TW version of Ascalon plays here (coz beeches be trippin ballz on this ride,predators n victimz alike)

Yeah, I read the article I posted and I was like wtf. And nice gameplay. To be honest, I just selected randomly from the Youtube selection.

Smokin' weed right there.

HIATUS AGAIN!
IGN - Luoji

02-07-2014   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter
Awards Facebook Fan

Durandal is on a distinguished road
IGN: Noctus

Woah, epic descriptions for both reviews! O.O
Epic job Buster, you've made me want these 2 swag units, too bad that they're a pain to mix

Last edited by Durandal; 02-07-2014 at 07:30 AM.

02-07-2014   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Mr20090526 will become famous soon enoughMr20090526 will become famous soon enough
IGN: 20090526
Guild: MMOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoX
Overall,I approve this

dox self whoring again.. btw buster why not seperate the two reviews? arios ascalon is fun and i find it more fun than skullheart..
IGN:GEF_pilot n(.)(.)b
SD GUNDAM ONLINE SEA <- shitty server
IGN:20090526 n(.)(.)b

02-07-2014   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Skullheart has the epic gayness of 4 hit+spread beam crit ~~
Now Jesus Yamato fanboy
FonSpark(KR), Bonjour (HK), Feb(NA, SEA and other servers that I don't remember )

02-07-2014   #9 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr20090526
dox self whoring again.. btw buster why not seperate the two reviews? arios ascalon is fun and i find it more fun than skullheart..
Because they're inseparable in my heart.

HIATUS AGAIN!
IGN - Luoji

02-07-2014   #10 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAika OnlineLeague of Legends

Bng422 has a spectacular aura aboutBng422 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LostTheGame / Bng422 (NA)
Class: Mid-Range
Level: Blue ♦♦♦ / >>> (NA)
Guild: 카르페디엠 (KR) /Vanrawr (NA)

Arios Ascalon actually got a ninja stat buff since Gen 6.

It's actually really good now. The defense on mode 1 isn't complete shit anymore and mode 2 has absurd damage.

Anyone who doesn't have one should really consider mixing one.
Game Count: 3344 Win Percentage: 65.85% Ranking: #15

02-07-2014   #11 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng422
Arios Ascalon actually got a ninja stat buff since Gen 6.

It's actually really good now. The defense on mode 1 isn't complete shit anymore and mode 2 has absurd damage.

Anyone who doesn't have one should really consider mixing one.
No wonder it feels different lately. Haven't been playing last year, just this month.

HIATUS AGAIN!
IGN - Luoji

02-08-2014   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Mr20090526 will become famous soon enoughMr20090526 will become famous soon enough

it have ninja buff stat? interesting..

02-08-2014   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterEden EternalLa TalePhantasy Star Online 2
Awards Facebook Fan

Xerra is on a distinguished road
IGN: mikhaelcivic
Class: Close-Range / Mid-Range
Guild: I.V.

What an amazing review you wrote here, buster
I keep smiling throughout the review

As for the MS, Skullheart is one of my favorite MS. And

Quote:
Seriously, not everyone can aim their crotches properly. Aim dat shit and make sure it hits.

It is true though. Because Skullheart's "crotch anchor" is not a homing claw, unlike SR NZ and Nataku. Which makes it need aiming. But it actually not that hard once you get used to it. For the rest, no comment. Agree all the way, couldn't say it more swagalicious than you.

As for Ascalon... haven't got one yet. And planned to make one soon. This article ensure me even further.

For the review(s), it is fun to read, simple and easy to understand. 100 out of 10 for this review.

02-26-2014   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

After a few games with Ascalon, I think:
- m1w3's shooting animation: sucks. Maybe even worse than Destiny's kd beam. Thanks god m1w2 doesn't have this flaw.
- homing is immobile while firing? Its only valuable weapon got this nerf? Then what made it SS rank? Dual wield is ok, but it's still massive tears needed to make it a solid SS rank.
Now Jesus Yamato fanboy

02-26-2014   #15 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games

It is pretty solid still, just need a high skill curve. Look at SR Harute. The missiles are meant to use when you're behind cover anyway.

HIATUS AGAIN!
IGN - Luoji

02-26-2014   #16 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games

Ascalon is possibly the best hit and run suit out there.

02-26-2014   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

By saying hit&run, I should wait for an ambush with m2w3+m2w1 then run away? That would cost me a Hide to do so too... If that's what I should do, then I think I would rather pack a suit with more punch than Ascalon.
Now Jesus Yamato fanboy

02-27-2014   #18 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by FonSpark
By saying hit&run, I should wait for an ambush with m2w3+m2w1 then run away? That would cost me a Hide to do so too... If that's what I should do, then I think I would rather pack a suit with more punch than Ascalon.
You don't even need to use the dash to ambush someone.

Make it a priority to get a crit. Surprise buttsecks all day. Afterwards you either run the fk away or dash them when they get up and then crit them again.

2 Crits usually kill most S ranks soooooo yeah.

02-27-2014   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FonSpark
no need to hide. be a man and kill them... chop thier balls off i stayed in mode 2 ~70% of the time cause i just love chopping some suit to their doom..

02-27-2014   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

I see O.o so it's destined to be a kd master =.=
Gonna tryhard =.=
Now Jesus Yamato fanboy