ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO MS Discussions

Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-01-2013   #1 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAika OnlineLeague of Legends

Bng422 has a spectacular aura aboutBng422 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LostTheGame / Bng422 (NA)
Class: Mid-Range
Level: Blue ♦♦♦ / >>> (NA)
Guild: 카르페디엠 (KR) /Vanrawr (NA)
Default [MS Review] 00 Qan[T] by Bng422

00 Qan[T] by Bng422

(this is probably what you will mostly see in deathmatch, minus the afterimage)

Yo.

So I just finished a few midterms and figured I could give myself a break from studying. Got on SDGO to do my 3 game daily, and here I am writing this review

Kirov’s old 00 Qan[T] review can be found HERE. It’s almost 2 years old and 00 Qan[T] has gotten a few nerfs, so I figured I should do a 2.0 review. Oh and because 00 Qan[T] is still my favorite suit to use in-game.

A lot has happened since 00 Qan[T] came out back in 2011. Nerfs, nerfs, nerfs, 6th gen, some more nerfs… yeah. The life story of both 00 Raiser and 00 Qan[T]. Still, 00 Qan[T] is a strong suit nonetheless and is still popular in deathmatches. There’s a reason why… which is probably why you’re reading this review!

STATS

Mode 1

Mode 2

No numbers, sorry! Mode 1 has well-rounded stats, nothing too high or too low. Mode 2, on the other hand, becomes a glass cannon with an exceptionally high speed stat.

Mode 1 Weapons

GN Sword V

DAMAGE: 1300
RANGE: 650
AMMO: N/A
RELOAD: N/A
EFFECTS: N/A

00 Qan[T]’s melee is pretty good for a mid-range suit. The melee speed is fast, lots of swings, and does damage that matches close-range suits. It also makes the unit move forward quite a bit. Only downside is that it has no ground sweep, meaning it has a hard time hitting enemies above or below you. This weapon is good and useful, but generally you won’t be using it much.

GN Sword V (Rifle Mode)

DAMAGE: 1400
RANGE: 2800
AMMO: 10
RELOAD: 4 seconds/shot

GN Sword V’s rifle mode. It will become you 2nd main weapon, after mode 2’s ammo is used up. It has good damage, good firing speed, and good firing rate. Only downside is the reload which is a tad slow and that has not changed since it came out. The weapon is good and feels great; nothing else to say.

GN Sword Bits

DAMAGE: 145
RANGE: 3000
AMMO: 1
RELOAD: 9 seconds/clip

00 Qan[T]’s unique weapon (not so much now). 00 Qan[T] was the first suit to have melee funnels (look at the icon) and it was unique and good. The Sword Bits hit about 5 times and then disappear. Here’s the catch though: Sword Bits have limited range. If the targeted enemy is too far, they will simply disappear in the air. Another thing: You can’t change modes (R) when Sword Bits ammo isn’t full. Sword Bits actually have 6 ammo, each Sword Bit being one. If a single one is missing, you can’t change modes. Thankfully, the reload is not too bad.

6th Gen’s funnel nerf has also affected 00 Qan[T]’s Sword Bits. The damage and durability has been nerfed, while reload increased a bit. It’s not too noticeable, but the Sword Bits definitely aren’t as strong as they use to be.

Special Attack

Melee Special. Sorry no video.

Mode 2 Weapons

GN Buster Sword

DAMAGE: 3000
RANGE: 650
AMMO: 1
RELOAD: 8 seconds

00 Qan[T]’s highest damaging weapon. The Buster Sword is a wide sweep, incredible damage, and very good reload. Many players use this weapon right after quantize due to how the weapon works. You click, you swing. If your swing connects, the enemy is in a world of pain. The damage is incredibly good, so good that a critical hit would most likely cripple an enemy. Netmarble has not made any nerfs to this weapon at all.

GN Buster Rifle

DAMAGE: 1650
RANGE: 3100
AMMO: 3
RELOAD: 4.3 seconds/shot

Undeniably, this is 00 Qan[T]’s main weapon. If you don’t use this weapon, don’t use 00 Qan[T]. The reason why 00 Qan[T] still has such a strong presence in deathmatch is solely because of this weapon. The damage is high, the range is high, the beam penetrates, has no self-inflicting effects, and a decent reload. Combined with the Buster Sword, 00 Qan[T]’s mode 2 is incredibly dangerous to fight against.

Unfortunately, this weapon has also been nerfed many times by Netmarble. The weapon’s damage, reload, damage, and ammo has been nerfed (in that order) from the year 2011 to 2013.This doesn’t necessarily mean the Buster Rifle sucks now though. It’s still powerful and the main weapon for 00 Qan[T].

Special Attack

Beam Special. Normal size. 00 Qan[T] goes into Trans-Am to use it, so it’s pretty cool.

Skills

Skill 1

Trans-Am (00 Qan[T])

From SDGOwiki: When the unit's health drops below 50%, the unit's movement speed, boost speed, agility, boost duration, and boost recovery are increased.

Similar to other Trans Ams from 00, this gives 00 Qan[T] lots of speed. It boosts everything movement related. Simple yet effective.

Skill 2

True Innovator (00 Qan[T])

From SDGOwiki: When the unit's health drops below 40%, the unit's search distance is increased and enemy positions are shown on the radar. The unit is also capable of quantizing when not in an attack animation. Quantizing consumes a small portion of the unit's SP gauge to negate damage and completely cloak the unit for 1 second. However, the unit is unable to start an attack when quantized.

00 Qan[T]’s selling point. When this skill is active and you have excess SP from the 2nd bar and beyond, 00 Qan[T] will quantize when it is hit by a weapon, completely nullifying the damage. Each quantize takes away of an SP bar. On a side note, this also increases 00 Qan[T]’s search distance. More on this on playstyle.

Skill Parts

Latent Potential. Nothing else. The SP gain is great for quantize an the maximised damage makes 00 Qan[T] hurt even more.

Playstyle

How do you use 00 Qan[T]?
You need to know when to use mode 1 (Sword Bits) and when to use mode 2. Using 00 Qan[T] only for one mode really handicaps the unit and restricts its true potential. Don’t hog the Sword Bits, and don’t hog the Buster Rifle. Use both accordingly.

When you can’t hit an enemy in front of you, use the Sword Bits to do some damage. The way Sword Bits fly out almost guarantees a hit, unless the enemy is behind a huge wall. Do take note that you cannot change modes, so be careful when using it.

When you know you will have a clear shot:
use mode 2. When mode 2 runs out of ammo, go back to mode 1 and use Sword Bits and the w2. Alternate between the 2 modes to constantly dish out damage.

The Buster Sword is a great weapon for self defense. If you see someone coming towards you, you can KD them instead and run away. The swing is pretty wide so you can hit more than one enemy.

Know how to use QUANTIZE.
This is the biggest issue and my biggest pet peeve. You WILL NOT quantize when you are attacking, which include Sword Bits’ attack animation. Netmarble has changed the time value for this, so there is a wider time gap between attacking and quantizing. When you are hit and you quantize, MOVE AWAY if you can. Quantize is great for surprises and get-aways. If you stay in the same spot then you will be in a lot of trouble. You can also use quantize to nullify unnecessary damage, like purposely letting the weapons hit you so you can move closer or move farther away. Always move when you are playing 00 Qan[T], and use quantize to your advantage.

Quantize has come a long, LONG way since it first came out with 00 Raiser. You use to be able to quantize MANY times with 1 SP Bar. Then it was nerfed to 4?, 3, and now finally 2. In 6th gen, SP gain has been reduced a little so it may be harder to get SP for your quantize now. There are 4 quantize suits now (00R, 00Q, 00RC, 00QFS). However, it doesn’t change 00 Qan[T] too much as its playstyle and role remains the same.

Custom Parts

I’ll just show what parts I use.

I use these 4 parts due to its incredible usability and weapon damage. Speed is a great addition to quantize suits because it allows you to move all over the place, which is essential for quantize. The drawback is -10% defense which is quite a bit, but since you have a skill that can completely nullify damage, defense is not required. Just make sure you move around! If you don’t, you’re wasting these parts.

Video

I shot this video shortly before writing this review. Not a badass or beast gameplay but it gives you an idea.

Conclusion

00 Qan[T] is the oldest suit I have on my KR account (all the other shits were broken or eaten for mixing) and I’ve played lots with it. 00 Qan[T] has definitely withstood the tests of time, as the meta continuously has more powerful and more broken suits coming out. It is still popular and is still powerful. Thanks for reading my review!

What's next? , when I'm free.
Game Count: 3344 Win Percentage: 65.85% Ranking: #15

Last edited by Bng422; 10-01-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-02-2013   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter
Awards Facebook Fan

SmilyT1 has a spectacular aura aboutSmilyT1 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: SmilyT1
Class: HowToDerp for Dummies to_entertainer
Level: Mada Mada Dane
Guild: En Garde

you're supposed to review OO Gundam, where it actually needs help how to play with it.

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SmilyT1
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq4...5xitJJE4CW_kVA
SDGNE KR [NO STRESS] = SmilyT1 (Active?)
Latest Thread on SDGN:/forum/sd-gundam-cap...egathread.html

10-02-2013   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter
Awards Facebook Fan

Mr20090526 will become famous soon enoughMr20090526 will become famous soon enough
IGN: 20090526
Guild: MMOG

when you said you wanna revive this suit review thingy, i have a feeling you gonna do 00q... how i wish i was wrong... but nope... anyway, call me stupid but i prefer mode 1.... that melee is nice and feels better than w2 1 hit kd... not my fav but it really is annoying when up against a good 00q player which there isnt much left in tw server unfortunately... long essay but worth reading... well done...
IGN:GEF_pilot n(.)(.)b
SD GUNDAM ONLINE SEA <- shitty server
IGN:20090526 n(.)(.)b

Lord GabeN Wealth Donor

10-02-2013   #4 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilyT1
you're supposed to review OO Gundam, where it actually needs help how to play with it.
I scrapped my 00 when I madr 00 Raiser... No way in hell am I mixing another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr20090526
when you said you wanna revive this suit review thingy, i have a feeling you gonna do 00q... how i wish i was wrong... but nope... anyway, call me stupid but i prefer mode 1.... that melee is nice and feels better than w2 1 hit kd... not my fav but it really is annoying when up against a good 00q player which there isnt much left in tw server unfortunately... long essay but worth reading... well done...
You know me too well, ni zero zero kyu chan...

The melee is good but I like never, ever get the chance to use it. Usually people tend to avoid quantize suits in general

10-02-2013   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterEden EternalLa TalePhantasy Star Online 2
Awards Facebook Fan

Xerra is on a distinguished road
IGN: Xilvarron
Class: Multi-role

Quote:
When you know you will have a clear shot:
use mode 2. When mode 2 runs out of ammo, go back to mode 1 and use Sword Bits and the w2. Alternate between the 2 modes to constantly dish out damage
Totally agree to this. This is also how i use this unit.

00 Qan[T] is also one of the oldest suit in my garage (Being my 2nd S rank) and i still love it. It has become one of my trump card, even though i don't use it that much as i do back then.

A very nice review Bng, i like it
I'll be looking forward to your next review

Last edited by Xerra; 10-02-2013 at 04:19 PM.

10-02-2013   #6 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvary
Totally agree to this. This is also how i use this unit.

00 Qan[T] is also one of the oldest suit in my garage (Being my 2nd S rank) and i still love it. It has become one of my trump card, even though i don't use it that much as i do back then.

A very nice review Bng, i like it
I'll be looking forward to your next review
Thanks Silvary

Yeah, 00 Qan[T] is also my trump card. If for whatever reason I have to play seriously, I always use 00 Qan[T] haha.