ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO MS Discussions

Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-30-2013   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterEden EternalLa TalePhantasy Star Online 2
Awards Facebook Fan

Xerra is on a distinguished road
IGN: mikhaelcivic
Class: Close-Range / Mid-Range
Level: ♦♦♦
Guild: I.V.
Default [MS Review] Crossbone Gundam X-1 Kai by Silvary

Crossbone Gundam X-1 Kai by Silvary

Hello and welcome to my very first MS Review. For this time, i'll be reviewing one of my favorite unit : SR Crossbone Gundam X-1 Kai. Now, let's begin.

Fighter type : Close-range

Mode 1 :

W1 : Screw Whips
Spoiler!

Does 385 damage each hit. This weapon has no melee dash, and it does a 3-part attack. First part comes out fast, second part is a 'drilling into the enemy' animation, makes you stationary for about ~1.5 sec, third part comes out fast, and knocks down the enemy.

W2 : Zanbuster
Spoiler!

Does 1200 damage each shot. Beam Zanber combined with Buster gun = Zanbuster. Your ordinary beam rifle, but with cooler looks.

W3 : Screw Whips (Heat)
Spoiler!

Does 165 each hit. This is a Bullet-zero inflicting whip.

Special Attack : Melee Special

Mode 2 :

W1 : Beam Zanber
Spoiler!

Does 1200 damage each hit. An ordinary beam saber, but with cutlass looks. This, for me, is the main damage dealer for this unit. Swings quite fast, easy to MCA.

W2 : Buster Gun
Spoiler!

Does 1275 damage each shot. Also a beam rifle. Funny thing here is, according to the series, Zanbuster which is a combined version of Buster Gun + Beam Zanber should be stronger than just a Buster Gun. But in SDGO, Buster Gun is stronger than Zanbuster.

W3 : Heat Daggers
Spoiler!

Does 800 damage each hit, double shot. Inflicts Slow. This weapon synergies quite well with meleeing, because it does quite a good damage, and inflicts Slow which makes you easier to catch your opponent.

Special Attack : Melee Special

Skills :

Newtype Awakening
When the unit's health drops below 40%, the unit's movement speed, search distance, and boost duration are increased and enemy positions are shown on the radar.

Space Pirate's Conviction
When the unit's health drops below 60%, the unit's defense against beam weapons and boost recovery are increased and damage is maximized.

Quite a nice skills. If both skills up, you got radar, defense for beam weapons are increased, boost duration and recovery is also increased. Not to mention your damage is maximized, making your attacks hurt more.

Without the skills? Still fast and agile enough.

- How do i use this unit? -

-It's a hit and run unit.
You jump in, beat the hell out of your enemy, and then get out. X1 Kai is not that tanky, so you should avoid getting too many hits. In return to that, this unit can deliver painful attacks.

-Use mode 2 more than mode 1.
Why? for me, mode 1 is for surprise attack and for trapping enemies with that W3. The W1 can be used to win melee fight too, because the W1 has no melee-dash. But those weapons doesn't really hurt much. Mode 2 is where the attacks really hurts. And the unit moves faster as well.

-About Mode 1's W1 : Screw Whip
No melee-dash is, as i said above, really useful to win melee fight if you can't smoothly do ZBS yet. But there are several things that you need to be aware of about this weapon.
* The 3-part attack. You can do a W1/W2/1/2/1/2/1/2 chain when you're 1v1 with your enemy, or just simply do 1st part-2nd part-mca-1st-2nd chain. But beware, the 2nd part, as i said above, makes you stationary for around ~1.5 sec. And that little time could be your doom. When X1 Kai players do the 2nd part and they misses, i usually go in the air/to their back and smack them.
* Mode 1's W1 doesn't really have a vertical reach, so if your opponent is below or above you, don't even try to attack them with it.

-Skill part : Art of fighting
X1 Kai's attack's hurt much already. Why don't we make it more painful?

Custom Parts Build

Actually, Custom Parts or CP build really depends on the player. Different playstyle means different CP build as well. So i recommend people to experiment and find their own 'perfect' build to suit your playstyle. But here are a few builds that i have experimented and my thoughts on it.

-Assault type--according to SDGOwiki
Level 7 Gundarium Alloy Type C
Level 8 E-Carbon Armor Type A
Level 8 E-Carbon Armor Type B

When i first hear about this unit, the rumors are this unit is really, really fragile. So i thought that i should add some HP and Def at the cost of losing attack power. But it turns out doesn't really work well for me because it loses it's effectiveness. Maybe you can use this parts if you can't really avoid hits.

-Speed type/Ambush part--according to SDGOwiki
Level 9 Booster Module Type B
Level 10 Turbo Motor Type A
Level 10 Turbo Motor Type B

Makes it blazingly fast and it's attack's hurts more. But it makes this unit a real glass cannon. If you really confident about avoiding hits and able to control the unit with the added speed, then go ahead. But for me, i'll agree with a few opinions, that too much speed is not always a good thing.

-Close Combat type
Level 3 Dedicated Close-Range OS
Level 6 Dedicated Close-Range OS Type B
Level 11 Dedicated Close-Range OS Type C

My current build. Makes the attack speed helluva fast, so you can do a hit-&-run more faster. At the cost of losing a bit of attack power, though. But not that much.

Conclusion

I get this unit in the last days before patch and this unit removed from CCM. And i must say that i'm glad that i got it. This is one of the units that i really like. It's melee is smooth, and the weaponset is nice as well. It might be a little tricky to get used to this unit at first, but when you got the hang of it, it's really fun to use this unit.

Aaand that's it. If you have any question/suggestion, feel free to post it below. Until next time~

Last edited by Xerra; 09-30-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-30-2013   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

FonSpark will become famous soon enough

Nice article

Approved
Now Jesus Yamato fanboy
Korean f3g, NA f/-\g player
King of fail OC <= no longer true
Cute, sweet, too much derp
FonSpark(KR), Bonjour (HK), Feb(NA, SEA and other servers that I don't remember )

09-30-2013   #3 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAika OnlineLeague of Legends

Bng422 has a spectacular aura aboutBng422 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LostTheGame / Bng422 (NA)
Class: Mid-Range
Level: Blue ♦♦♦ / >>> (NA)
Guild: 카르페디엠 (KR) /Vanrawr (NA)

I got X1 Kai when RPS was still around.

It was painfully brutal to use it since papers dominated the game. In 6th gen, I didn't have to worry about paper damage anymore and its defense increased too so it's wonderful.

Everything you said is basically what I would too except custom parts of course, but that's my own opinion
Game Count: 3344 Win Percentage: 65.85% Ranking: #15

10-01-2013   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterCosmic BreakDragon Saga

masterofz is on a distinguished road
Guild: Untitled

question: from where did u get that space pirates conviction gives defense against beam? sdgowiki and olgame says it has def up and not def up against beams. i dont have one myself so i cant check though

10-01-2013   #5 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterS4 LeagueFreeJackCabal Online

Kenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the rough
IGN: BusterX
Class: Brawler to_fighter
Guild: Seven Swords 七劍(HK)/Synergy(TW)

I use attackspeed/attackspeed+crit parts for X1 Kai since I feel that it is already fast enough in terms of movement. That's just my opinion though.

It is not as weak as others would say. It is a very troll MS, just very tricky to use.

00 Raiser, 00 7S/G, V2AB, Infinite Justice, HWS v, Master Fuunsaiki, God Fuunsaiki, SR Sazabi, Crossbone X1 Kai, X2 Kai, Harute (Final Mission Type) Stargazer, Crossbone X3, Sazabi

Upcoming projects: Arios Ascalon (100% Complete!), Crossbone X1 Skullheart (100% Complete!)

HIATUS AGAIN!
Playing Blade and Soul China
IGN - Luoji

10-01-2013   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterEden EternalLa TalePhantasy Star Online 2
Awards Facebook Fan

Xerra is on a distinguished road
IGN: mikhaelcivic
Class: Close-Range / Mid-Range
Guild: I.V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FonSpark
Nice article

Approved
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng422
I got X1 Kai when RPS was still around.

It was painfully brutal to use it since papers dominated the game. In 6th gen, I didn't have to worry about paper damage anymore and its defense increased too so it's wonderful.

Everything you said is basically what I would too except custom parts of course, but that's my own opinion
Glad you guys like it

Yeah, the RPS removal and Custom Parts really breathes fresh air to the game. It makes many unit becomes more usable.

As for the Custom Parts, it's just like what i said. It really depends on the player's playstyle. Using the same exact CP build of another person, doesn't mean you'll be able to play as good as he/she does. It might even makes you play worse than you should be if it really doesn't suit your playstyle. That's why i said that you should try experimenting CP builds to find the one that suits you the most.

So yea, even though it's the same unit, the CP builds will vary between persons

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofz
question: from where did u get that space pirates conviction gives defense against beam? sdgowiki and olgame says it has def up and not def up against beams. i dont have one myself so i cant check though

X1 Kai with all skills up. About the one you asked, see the shield picture with [B ^] below it? Yeah, that's that. It increased defense against beam weaponry.
This is according to the HK server. I don't know if it got patched in another server, becomes an ordinary 'defense up'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshiro
I use attackspeed/attackspeed+crit parts for X1 Kai since I feel that it is already fast enough in terms of movement. That's just my opinion though.

It is not as weak as others would say. It is a very troll MS, just very tricky to use.
Same for me. I think X1 kai's speed is already fast enough for me. So i'd rather use the Custom Parts for something else.

10-02-2013   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter
Awards Facebook Fan

Mr20090526 will become famous soon enoughMr20090526 will become famous soon enough
IGN: 20090526
Guild: MMOG

have this suit and i got tricked by the fun of mode 1 w1 but it really doesnt do much in DM... trying to do that combo only resulting in death (me!) faster too... end up using mode 2 more.... now it collecting dust on my hangar...
IGN:GEF_pilot n(.)(.)b
SD GUNDAM ONLINE SEA <- shitty server
IGN:20090526 n(.)(.)b

10-02-2013   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

mrlon3lyvn is on a distinguished road
IGN: LittleBot
Class: Smasher lt_warrior

May give an idea how to use the combination of w1 and w3 (mode 1). Beam rifle in right hand (mode1) and left hand (mode2) give you advantage in a peekaboo fight too.

10-03-2013   #9 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterS4 LeagueFreeJackCabal Online

Kenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the rough
IGN: BusterX
Class: Brawler to_fighter
Guild: Seven Swords 七劍(HK)/Synergy(TW)

I use X1 Kai to Clear dailies most of the time. I treat it as an S rank Strike Noir so the mindset of it being a crappy SR completely disappears. If an AR with that weapon set (whip, pistols, sword) is considered high tier, why can't it be the same with X1 Kai?

It is way harder in DM though but it is possible. As long as you catch an aggre enemy, they're pretty much fodder for your team. X1 Kai's w1 is particularly good for catching rushers, but completely useless when done in the open. Enemies will try and gank from behind, so its a perfect place to start. You can use Screw whips to stunlock from a safe distance away from fire, and you can help kill an enemy unit with it too.

00 Raiser, 00 7S/G, V2AB, Infinite Justice, HWS v, Master Fuunsaiki, God Fuunsaiki, SR Sazabi, Crossbone X1 Kai, X2 Kai, Harute (Final Mission Type) Stargazer, Crossbone X3, Sazabi

Upcoming projects: Arios Ascalon (100% Complete!), Crossbone X1 Skullheart (100% Complete!)

HIATUS AGAIN!
Playing Blade and Soul China
IGN - Luoji