ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   SDGO MS Discussions (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-ms-discussions/)
-   -   Which suit to buy? (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-ms-discussions/122499-suit-buy.html)

Zero 06-22-2013 08:51 PM

Which suit to buy?

Hello again, second thread with some questions!

I have 155 astro on my account right now. I just bought the Heavy Arms Custom EW package for 153 because I heard that suit is extremely viable in a lot of missions.

So I have enough to buy another package. I could get Nu Gundam (highly considering, favorite gundam), Burning Gundam, Wing Zero Custom (ehh, I already have HAC now), F91, Full Armor ZZ or 00!

Can I get any recommendations? Or should I just save it for a future purchase?

Uncharted 06-22-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero (Post 1823402)
Hello again, second thread with some questions!

I have 155 astro on my account right now. I just bought the Heavy Arms Custom EW package for 153 because I heard that suit is extremely viable in a lot of missions.

So I have enough to buy another package. I could get Nu Gundam (highly considering, favorite gundam), Burning Gundam, Wing Zero Custom (ehh, I already have HAC now), F91, Full Armor ZZ or 00!

Can I get any recommendations? Or should I just save it for a future purchase?

00: just for raiser but knowing it's a second hand publisher they might as well not release plan mix and just milk the shit out of it
God Gundam: it's one of those units that you just need to enjoy to play, no ranged weaponry renders this unit useless in quite a few maps
FAZZ: brainless unit, pretty damn good, quite low skill cap
f91: this unit be gud
W0C: not that bad, still quite brainless
nu<hi v unless you wanna make HWS which is a highly brainless unit and im not sure if plan mix is available

Zero 06-22-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncharted (Post 1823403)
00: just for raiser but knowing it's a second hand publisher they might as well not release plan mix and just milk the shit out of it
God Gundam: it's one of those units that you just need to enjoy to play, no ranged weaponry renders this unit useless in quite a few maps
FAZZ: brainless unit, pretty damn good, quite low skill cap
f91: this unit be gud
W0C: not that bad, still quite brainless
nu<hi v unless you wanna make HWS which is a highly brainless unit and im not sure if plan mix is available

Which out of all of them would you recommend out of the bunch?

Uncharted 06-22-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero (Post 1823405)
Which out of all of them would you recommend out of the bunch?

it depends on what you're looking for, if you lack units i'd personally recommend f91 since it's one of the most enjoyable units in the game

Zero 06-22-2013 10:28 PM

I have thus far:

Rank A: Thorne Zwei, Death Scythe Custom, Unicorn

Rank S: Justice, Freedom, Providence, Heavy Arms Custom EW

F91 was paper, right? I'd feel silly if I got another paper since I just bought HAC

Phelgming 06-22-2013 10:45 PM

I just want to note that 00 Raiser (the SS-Rank; not the Condenser-type... -__-') will be being released as the unit itself for Astros later this month as a limited time offer.

On that basis, I suggest you ignore 00 unless you REALLY want it.

Also, as a fellow Nu Gundam lover (it's my favorite as well), I'd like to say it's a very solid unit and I think the G-Gen update did wonders for it. That said, F91 fills a lot of roles and gets better as you get better so I'd say it's perfect if you want to learn what your play style is like.

GEARx1 06-23-2013 02:36 AM

i recommend
FAZZ easy to use have team buff
WZC brainless unit its can make u boring
Nu only for PVP, anti beam shield and hws (but its good )

if u like mission
WZC is good choice

MouMouMou 06-23-2013 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GEARx1 (Post 1823425)
i recommend
FAZZ easy to use have team buff
WZC brainless unit its can make u boring
Nu only for PVP, HWs and anti beam shield (but its good )

if u like mission
WZC is good choice

Dunno where u got that info
HWS since when he have anti beam shield ???????????? And hello gen 3.5 from gen 6. Nu tent is not save again like in your patch :py04:

@TS

F91 :py04: put full speed part and always use mode 2. pew pew pew and don't stop in open space :p

FYI : From youtube video about gen 6 , F91 become star . Maybe because berserkd promotion video :p

GEARx1 06-23-2013 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MouMouMou (Post 1823434)
Dunno where u got that info
HWS since when he have anti beam shield ???????????? And hello gen 3.5 from gen 6. Nu tent is not save again like in your patch :py04:

@TS

F91 :py04: put full speed part and always use mode 2. pew pew pew and don't stop in open space :p

FYI : From youtube video about gen 6 , F91 become star . Maybe because berserkd promotion video :p

i say nu for hws and anti beam no hws for anti.beam zz
and my motto is
Nu never die!!!!!!!!!!

Cypher15 06-23-2013 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phelgming (Post 1823410)
Also, as a fellow Nu Gundam lover (it's my favorite as well), I'd like to say it's a very solid unit and I think the G-Gen update did wonders for it. That said, F91 fills a lot of roles and gets better as you get better so I'd say it's perfect if you want to learn what your play style is like.

Nu....solid? What?

The reload is atrocious, and so is the weapon set in Mode 2. A beam rifle that can't shoot as far as the one in Mode 1 and a bazooka that reloads way too slowly to be of good use. That, with a nerfed I Field means that Nu isn't worth your money, unless it's for HWS.

Recommended: F91, definitely. It's fun but also a good suit to use in PvP. God Gundam is more fun than F91 (spinspinspinspinSLASH) but has little to no Ranged game, it takes a skilled player to use it in today's meta.

RockPaperScissor is worthless to consider, Gen6 is on its way to NA or something, right?

FonSpark 06-23-2013 07:35 AM

NA already implemented Gen 6 2 days ago.

For short:
Nu is bad, HWS is bad too. Don't buy/make them.
FAZZ is good, no skill required. Buy it if you want to have fun.
Wing S rank: no comment
00 no comment, but 00r isn't strong anymore (imo). Not worth buying.
F91: good unit, but not brainless. Master it then your skill will be improved.

Ephy 06-23-2013 07:44 AM

F91 really is an exciting Paper unit to play but, considering you're having GGen soon, it's going to be SUUUUUUUUUPER fast if you add some specific custom parts.

Asuna 06-23-2013 08:12 AM

Forget about all the other suits, Full Armor ZZ is extremely dangerous right now.

The missile spam is horrible where it decks out 72 missiles in two clicks, not to mention the reload on it is freaking fast right now. If you get it to level 12 and stack the build I did in KR, that thing will wreck suits that have phase shift.

What I want to say about God gundam is that it requires a lot of skill to play the suit, the anti flinch is good, but you fall very easily to those range game suits.

F91 is very fun as well, but like God you need to have a good grasp on the suit. Luckily its learning curve is not as bad as God gundam's.

Nu and Wing Zero Custom should be forgotten for now, they are bad because too many things can destroy them.

The reason why I didn't comment on 00 is because it's so bad I have no words for it.

Phelgming 06-23-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cypher15 (Post 1823438)
Nu....solid? What?

The reload is atrocious, and so is the weapon set in Mode 2. A beam rifle that can't shoot as far as the one in Mode 1 and a bazooka that reloads way too slowly to be of good use. That, with a nerfed I Field means that Nu isn't worth your money, unless it's for HWS.

*Snip*

My definition of solid doesn't mean fantastic (or even good necessarily, but that's not really an issue here); just decent. Really, I think you're underselling Nu Gundam by a lot.

Even with all its issues (and it has quite a few), it has still got 360-degree Beam immunity (in most cases) in Mode 2, a full and varied weapon set (which doesn't say much, but I still think it's important), and a fantastic Mode 1, Weapon 2 (it seriously tears stuff up; it's a lot better after the G-Gen patch hit, too).

That said, except for when I first started using it (back when I was just a measly little PO1/V), I've honestly never had ammo issues. Yeah everything reloads fairly to OMGWTFITS slowly, but I've never really been placed in a position where it affects how I play (regardless of what position I'm in). Heck, even when I over-turtle in Mode 2 I find its ammo pool to be pretty deep and I've never had to worry about running out prematurely. It's even less of a problem now that Funnels have had that whole overhaul so switching back and forth between modes has become a lot less of an issue.

It could be a lot better and it's probably one of the mid-to-worse S-Ranks, but I'd say it's still good and perfectly usable.

But hey, that's just one man's opinion and you guys seem to have your own so I'm just going to step down before I instigate another war.

Bng422 06-23-2013 09:37 AM

I personally reccomend Destiny (Yes I know it's not on your list).

Destiny can be gotten through quests, so don't buy it. Yes the quest line is SUPER tedious but it's worth the effort. Ever since 6th gen, multipurpose suits like Destiny and F91 became really good.

The defense might be a little bad now, but the weapons Destiny has makes it very versatile. It can cover close, medium, and far ranges quite well and the reload on range weapons are okay too. Melee feels a little awkward due to its animation but it does decent damage and has a wonderful boost down attack. Just ignore the skillset and SP whenever SP Awakening is up lol.

The questline is quite challenging if you don't have some friends to help you. you can get better while getting a non OP S rank to train up your skills~

I strongly suggest you give Destiny a try. If not, just go for an F91. Sort of the same deal as Destiny; The suit itself isn't OP but when you get good at it, the suit's potential starts to shine.

Phelgming 06-23-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bng422 (Post 1823462)
... Destiny... *Snip*

Actually, there are sales going on for certain S-Ranks (the ones he named in the original post) going on on the NA server right now and I believe that is why he is asking. Ordinarily, he wouldn't be able to afford an[other] S-Rank, but for now these will be around 50% off (AND you get Custom Slot items thrown in too).

Just throwing that out there; I don't mean to detract from you saying he should get Destiny (because he should especially now that NA finally has the quest line for it).

Zero 06-23-2013 11:29 AM

Alright guys, thanks so much for the help! I decided to go with F91 and so far the suit is actually pretty dope. Extremely fun to use!

I really appreciate the quick responses (:

Cypher15 06-23-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phelgming (Post 1823461)
Spoiler for Text Wall:
Spoiler!

Beam Immunity? You mean taking damage when touching beams, right?

If you're not running out of bullets in Mode 2, you're probably not shooting that much.

Glad OP chose F91, realistic face is cool.

Bng422 06-23-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cypher15 (Post 1823476)
Beam Immunity? You mean taking damage when touching beams, right?

If you're not running out of bullets in Mode 2, you're probably not shooting that much.

Glad OP chose F91, realistic face is cool.

Derp you receive damage from beams in tent mode only when it's a penetrating beam.

Even then, the damage you take is so minimal it's not worth dumping your ammo in I-field units.

Zero 06-23-2013 12:25 PM

So in F91''s custom slots, I should put speed abilities?