ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO MS Discussions

Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-16-2013   #1 (permalink)
1st banned
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordSD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Zero
IGN: ProtoShot
Class: Scientist to_scientist
Level: 25x
Guild: Revolution
Default NA players

Are there any on this forum? Recently just got into this! Huge Gundam fan, tried this last September, then I stopped for whatever reason.

I have a few questions;

How can I level up quicker? I'm still pretty low, but it seems to be never ending. I do tons of quests but it's just a very, very small dent in my exp bar. Should I be using lower graded suits? Currently using an S ranked.

Why is normal so difficult? I'm getting my ass handed to me like I'm playing on insane! I shudder to think what Hard and actual Insane can do..

Last but not least, any Gundams I should be aiming for? Do any really excell more than others in the same rank?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-16-2013   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms

Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all

1- there is no way to level quicker, just play it out and forget about levels, remember that star ranked players (blue and red) are mostly players from the beginning of the server.
2-if you mean quests/missions, they require at least S ranked units and the latest ones on expert/hard difficulty require a certain unit also the 4 players need to know their shit.
3- since i dont play NA im not sure on what patch they are, and what role is the one you enjoy more

06-16-2013   #3 (permalink)
1st banned
Games

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncharted
1- there is no way to level quicker, just play it out and forget about levels, remember that star ranked players (blue and red) are mostly players from the beginning of the server.
2-if you mean quests/missions, they require at least S ranked units and the latest ones on expert/hard difficulty require a certain unit also the 4 players need to know their shit.
3- since i dont play NA im not sure on what patch they are, and what role is the one you enjoy more
1- Gotcha

2- I see..well I guess I better start making friends who know what theyre doing!

3- Uh they just released Sinaju and the Cross Bone Gundams. I enjoyed playing Freedom, but I'm enjoying Providence more. So I'd say I like Scissors and Paper! Not too much experience with rock just yet!

06-16-2013   #4 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAika OnlineLeague of Legends

Bng422 has a spectacular aura aboutBng422 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LostTheGame / Bng422 (NA)
Class: Mid-Range
Level: Blue ♦♦♦ / >>> (NA)
Guild: 카르페디엠 (KR) /Vanrawr (NA)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
Are there any on this forum? Recently just got into this! Huge Gundam fan, tried this last September, then I stopped for whatever reason.

I have a few questions;

How can I level up quicker? I'm still pretty low, but it seems to be never ending. I do tons of quests but it's just a very, very small dent in my exp bar. Should I be using lower graded suits? Currently using an S ranked.

Why is normal so difficult? I'm getting my ass handed to me like I'm playing on insane! I shudder to think what Hard and actual Insane can do..

Last but not least, any Gundams I should be aiming for? Do any really excell more than others in the same rank?
Hi!

I played NA for a bit but I haven't done so for a while now.

How can I level up quicker?
I recommend doing lots of deathmatch and points pvp. That way you can familarize yourself with the game while getting exp and points. If you get tired of pvp, go do some missions. I recommend the 00 mission "Gundam Meisters" because it gives decent points and exp for rewards.

Why is normal so difficult?
It's probably because everyone is just starting when you're in Beginner's channel. The only thing I can say is keep trying and be organized. Try to organize yourself so all 4 players aren't just doing something random (teamwork). For example, for mission 2 where you have to defend the 3 shuttles, have your team decide on which shuttle to defend the most. Being organized is crucial for higher difficulty missions.

Any Gundams I should be aiming for?
For deathmatch, I highly recommend B ranks for new players. S and A ranks have too much of a penalty for dying, and C ranks are too weak especially when you're just starting. B ranks are in that sweet spot where it's not too weak or too powerful, and dying isn't as severe of a penalty as others.

If you don't like B ranks, try the Strike variants (Aile, Sword, Launcher). They are very good in their own roles. Aile Strike to learn shooting and movement, Sword Strike for practicing melee, and Launcher Strike for learning to fight at longer ranges.

Just remember to have fun! If you don't get a suit you want, don't give up! There are plentiful of chances to get it later on.
Game Count: 3344 Win Percentage: 65.85% Ranking: #15

06-17-2013   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

FonSpark will become famous soon enough

Don't try Launcher Strike. That thing is pretty much brainless (imo).

As for B rank, there are some suits that are good in the long run: Blue Destiny unit 2, Gundam BR rank (http://sdgowiki.com/wiki/Gundam_(Twin_Bazooka) ). They are easy to get. When you are good with them, you will be good with beam rifle and zook. Then you can proceed to learn advanced techniques with Blue Destiny unit 2.

As for missions, Heavy Arms Custom and Wing Zero Custom are needed.

As for S rank for PVP purpose, Freedom, Prov, Justice are good for starter, then later you can either try Unicorn NT-D if you like shooting, Altron EW/crossbone X1 if you want close range fights.
Now Jesus Yamato fanboy
Korean f3g, NA f/-\g player
King of fail OC <= no longer true
Cute, sweet, too much derp
FonSpark(KR), Bonjour (HK), Feb(NA, SEA and other servers that I don't remember )

Last edited by FonSpark; 06-17-2013 at 12:39 AM.

06-17-2013   #6 (permalink)
1st banned
Games

Ah I see. Thanks a bunch guys, I appreciate the speedy replies! I have a few more questions!

Why can I only rent gundams and not buy them unless I purchase Astros?

About blueprints, how am I supposed to collect the Gundams they want me to use if I cannot buy them?

06-17-2013   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

FonSpark will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
Ah I see. Thanks a bunch guys, I appreciate the speedy replies! I have a few more questions!

Why can I only rent gundams and not buy them unless I purchase Astros? (1)

About blueprints, how am I supposed to collect the Gundams they want me to use if I cannot buy them? (2)
1. OGP need to make profit.

2. Navigate to the "Capsule" bar. You see there are a lot of capsules where you can use your in game gold to roll for a suit you like. It should look like this: SD Gundam Online - Rolling Capsule Machine 58 & 59 - YouTube
This may cause extreme frustration if you have depleted your money but you still haven't got what you want yet
Now Jesus Yamato fanboy
Korean f3g, NA f/-\g player
King of fail OC <= no longer true
Cute, sweet, too much derp
FonSpark(KR), Bonjour (HK), Feb(NA, SEA and other servers that I don't remember )

06-17-2013   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

qweqw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng422
How can I level up quicker?
I recommend doing lots of deathmatch and points pvp. That way you can familarize yourself with the game while getting exp and points. If you get tired of pvp, go do some missions. I recommend the 00 mission "Gundam Meisters" because it gives decent points and exp for rewards.
isn't jaburo jungle better for leveling in mission
it got more exp and points reward than Gundam Meisters
the time needed to clear the mission is faster too.

jaburo roughly cleared at 3 min with decent team
while gundam meisters took almost 5 min with decent team (since the phase 2 is time consuming especially if no one use long range weapon, and phase 5 since sergei just loves being knocked down by exia)

06-17-2013   #9 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAika OnlineLeague of Legends

Bng422 has a spectacular aura aboutBng422 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LostTheGame / Bng422 (NA)
Class: Mid-Range
Level: Blue ♦♦♦ / >>> (NA)
Guild: 카르페디엠 (KR) /Vanrawr (NA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qweqw
isn't jaburo jungle better for leveling in mission
it got more exp and points reward than Gundam Meisters
the time needed to clear the mission is faster too.

jaburo roughly cleared at 3 min with decent team
while gundam meisters took almost 5 min with decent team (since the phase 2 is time consuming especially if no one use long range weapon, and phase 5 since sergei just loves being knocked down by exia)
Mmmm I'm not sure, I always did Gundam Meisters when I was in Beginner's channel.

Meisters isn't too hard... And Exia got changed so he doesn't kd Sergei anymore. He just spams GN Daggers now. Not sure if NA has this change yet.
Game Count: 3344 Win Percentage: 65.85% Ranking: #15

06-29-2013   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

acss is on a distinguished road

The highest reward should be gundam meister and A Baoa Qu. Gundam meister easy can be finish in bout 2 mins with team which know what to do. A decent one also shouldnt had trouble settling it in 3 mins. Fastest record I had completed is when time left is around 6:02. Average time would be around 5:30 till 5:4x

06-30-2013   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon Nest

nikomaru is on a distinguished road
IGN: Hildalfr
Class: Engineer to_librarian
Guild: PanzerEize

in Meister you got 149xp when failed at Graham phase :v

06-30-2013   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

JM9991 is on a distinguished road

It takes a bit longer in NA since our exia is still KD crazy. Good team finished in roughly 3-4 minutes if Sergei stays in the air and let's us actually shoot him. Graham, is just Graham.

06-30-2013   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

The completion time I mentioned is base on TW which I playing at, where exia still kd like mad, but as long everyone know what to do and not joining the kd move, it can be complete easily in the time I mentioned, unless you whole team using C rank. Easy count down start at 8:00, and I hardly met the situation where completion time is at 4:xx

Graham is available in normal or ex only, which I dont see the reason why you need to do that difficulty and concern with failing exp. By completing easy you already gain 180+ exp and 140+ point

06-30-2013   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Mostly because for some of us, Normal grinds are a little more "exciting" since the difficulty is slightly upped. Plus there are some people I know who are excited just to see Graham. The time I mentioned involved at least one person joining exia on KD train.

06-30-2013   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

qweqw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acss
The completion time I mentioned is base on TW which I playing at, where exia still kd like mad, but as long everyone know what to do and not joining the kd move, it can be complete easily in the time I mentioned, unless you whole team using C rank. Easy count down start at 8:00, and I hardly met the situation where completion time is at 4:xx

Graham is available in normal or ex only, which I dont see the reason why you need to do that difficulty and concern with failing exp. By completing easy you already gain 180+ exp and 140+ point
jaburo give 196 exp if all grunt is destroyed
forgot about the point though

phase 1 all grunt + gaw dead = 59 exp
phase 2 all grunt dead = 86 exp
phase 2 all grunt + 1 gaw dead = 141 exp
phase 2 all grunt + 2 gaw dead = 196 exp

06-30-2013   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

what is the big difference when comparing 196 exp to 188 exp (not even sure if all are destroyed). But when come to points, meister win hands down with easily 139 - 140+ depends if you had clear all or not.

I wont deny higher difficulty provide more excitement, but also time consuming as well. Take normal as example, average completion should be 4:3x or even slower bit more, but exp gain is only bout 220+ if memory serve well. Honestly normal will hardly fail as long has the correct suit. Compare to easy in term of efficiency and unit flexibility, easy is better imo.

A random video which I taken in easy by joining a random meister easy room, took only 2 and half mins to complete. Not even using my best mission suit for it, since with 3 people also can achieve such completion time in easy

Cant seem able to link with the yt tag. A direct http
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfTII1atJyo

Last edited by acss; 07-01-2013 at 12:26 AM.

07-01-2013   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

That's really, really efficient work there. I've never been able to complete the second or last stage with that kind of...bloodlust, for lack of a better word.

07-01-2013   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Awards Facebook Fan

MouMouMou will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by acss
Cant seem able to link with the yt tag. A direct http
GOnline 2013 07 01 03 55 40 839 - YouTube
fix that for you