ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   SDGO MS Discussions (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-ms-discussions/)
-   -   S Rank Tier List (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-ms-discussions/118321-s-rank-tier-list.html)

Uncharted 10-28-2012 01:20 AM

S Rank Tier List

Rocks
Tier 1: 00 Raiser, 00 7 Swords, X3, SS Unicorn
Tier 2: Infinite Justice, Unicorn Banshee NTD>Master Fuunsaiki, Arche Gundam, Full Cloth
Tier 3: Arios Ascalon, Harute, DSHC EW, GNA type E, Neue Ziel S
Tier 4: Susanowo, T3, Sinanju SR, Turn A, X1 Skull heart, X1 Kai, Meteor Justice, Zeta (Amuro Ray)
Tier 5: X1, God, Master, V2A, Sandrock Custom EW, God Fuunsaiki, Altron EW, Justice, 00 Gundam

Scissors
Tier 1: Cherudim SR, Hi v, V2AB, Full Armor ZZ
Tier 2: Arios SR, 00 Qan[T], Strike Freedom, SS Double X Gundam, Destroy>Zabanya SR, SR Harute
Tier 3: Zeta, Alvatore, The O, Sinanju, Akatsuki(oowashi), Unicorn NTD, Z II
Tier 4: Brave, Sazabi, v Gundam
Tier 5: Arios, Freedom, Destiny, X2

Papers

Tier 1: v HWS, Dendrobium SR,
Tier 2: Zabanya, Reborns, Cherudim
Tier 3: X2Kai, Qubeley, GNA Type D, Sazabi SR, Seravee SR, Kshatriya, Penelope, Meteor Freedom, S Deep Striker, Quinn Mantha, Alpha Aizeru, Xi
Tier 4: Raphael, HAC EW, Seravee, V2B, Wing Zero Custom EW, F91, DX, Akatsuki (Shiranui), Neue Ziel SR, Legend
Tier 5: Hyaku Shiki Kai Dendrobium S, Stargazer>Providence, EX S

i only put a few MA and some units are missing since i havent had the chance to get my hands on em so any opinions appreciated too, the paper part might be a little bit sloopy since most papers have a similar brainless playstyle

Units to be added.

List up to date
being march 2013, will keep the list for the older servers. Since the new system, there will be a new list with a probably different formatting

Bng422 10-28-2012 02:02 AM

Sounds about right. Here are my small remarks about your list.

Rocks:

I think X1 Kai shouldn't be in Tier 5. In fact, I think it should be higher than Skullheart. Skullheart may have a claw and a shotgun, but those weapons are very, very, VERY situational. You have to get really close to even use them effectively. X1 Kai has a beam rifle (bonus of both modes having 1) so it at least stands a chance in mid range fights. I also find the screw whips melee combo to be smoother than Skullheart's Beam Zanber combo.

Scissors:

ZII definitely should be higher. It's such an underrated suit. It's like the Garrod Ran or Shiro Amada of scissors in SDGO. It has all the weapons you'd need to deal with everything, plus a nice skillset.

Papers:

Yeah, pretty much what I think too.

EDIT: adding on for Meteors and Ascalon.

Meteor Justice: Tier 4, or if you want to be generous, tier 3. It's a nice rush unit, but when your team turtles you're kinda useless. Homing missiles are fun if you can get a map with altitude, but that's about all you can do. If you try to get close you'll just get shot to bits by beams. Funnels also chew your HP up. With such high DPS papers nowadays your HP will vanish in a few seconds if you're out in the open too much. Mode 2 is just Justice with high reload homings.

Meteor Freedom: Tier 3. It has mid range beam, long range beam, and ballistic homings on mode 1. Purge has railguns with a decent amount of ammo but poor reload. Overall pretty decent, only problem is it's size (which can be fixed by purging and STILL be a decent unit, unlike Meteor Justice). Has the same problems as Meteor Justice except you usually don't rush.

Ascalon: Top Tier 3, maybe bottom Tier 2. Basically a mashup of Arios and SRios in rock form. Pretty versatile with weapons, 1 hit KD is great for ambushing and hit-and-runs. Defense is kinda low on mode 1, but dps kinda makes up for it. Totally better than Skullheart in every way.

I don't have a thing against Skullheart but it's just too damn limited to being in close range, and getting roflpwn'd by wtf high dps papers out of nowhere.

masterofz 10-28-2012 06:52 AM

master fuunsaiki at tier 2? seriously?

Zeon 10-28-2012 07:13 AM

As a MA and giant unit feg, I must say... ****THISSHIT, MAs are among the highest-ranked in flashlight-funnel and close-ranged spreadshotting firepower. They are also known for their extremely high survivability: 1) they have an I-field and high defense on their own/ 2)they have some sort of skill which reduces damage from shooting weapons/ fortress.
Finally, just some suggestions
Papers: You need Dendro (S-rank), Quin Mantha, and Alpha AXXXX, oh SR neue too

Rocks
Seriously how can you miss the good old rock Neue, maxed out defence andI-field, plus that godly SP2 which increases dmg like 20% and def 10% for all teammates!

PS Providence should not be at the bottom, it isn't in the 'Providence' tier anymore with its beam zook, but Cherudim and Legend should be lower down, Xi too. Stargazer is at least at tier 4 cuz it's great for raping rocks.

iShorty123 10-28-2012 11:22 AM

I think scissor unicorn NTD should be in tier 3-2

AmuroRay 10-28-2012 12:53 PM

poor EX-S........that poor poor thing

Uncharted 10-28-2012 03:30 PM

@masterofz

Master fuunsaiki is a beast if you have seen a good player, his sekiha deals a LOT of damage, he has ranged on both of his mode and his hyper is
1- stuns on activation
2- high hp activation
3- non flinch

@Bng422

on x1 kai, tbh i didnt know where to put this unit exactly on some occasions even regular x1 works better because of its infighter and i feel like if i have to use puny beam rifles better go for another rock unit.
on skull heart, i might've been a little biased i might lower him a little bit yet i feel he is the strongest of the x1s

on ZII. thought so he needed to be a little higher

@Zeon

i was considering on putting MAs on another different tier list since most of them are different or are very situational, like only purge MAs on the MS tier list but tbh it might be a little bit of a dumb idea i will complete the list with the MAs.
Provi got it's buff yes but still he is the weakest S rank unit on the game so... yeah.
Legend is a monster now, he used to be the stunmaster and now he pierces even more stuns, stuns are underrated. when you are poking the enemy can hardly trade you unless vaccines.
Cheru works really well on non oc scenarios/Clan Wars. plus iirc his main weapon (sniper rifle) never got any real nerf.

@iShorty123

shit i forgot to put NTD, my bad

Bng422 10-28-2012 06:45 PM

I think Skullheart excels the best of all X1s in close range combat, but that's about it. It is practically useless in mid to far ranges, and X1 and X1 Kai at least have a weapon to fight back.

I just mixed a Zeta Type 3 so I can give some opinions on it after playing with some more rounds.

EDIT: Just capped an SRarute, so yeah. Same as Zeta Type 3.

Crimsonred 10-28-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncharted (Post 1779604)
@masterofz

Master fuunsaiki is a beast if you have seen a good player, his sekiha deals a LOT of damage, he has ranged on both of his mode and his hyper is
1- stuns on activation
2- high hp activation
3- non flinch

@Bng422

on x1 kai, tbh i didnt know where to put this unit exactly on some occasions even regular x1 works better because of its infighter and i feel like if i have to use puny beam rifles better go for another rock unit.
on skull heart, i might've been a little biased i might lower him a little bit yet i feel he is the strongest of the x1s

on ZII. thought so he needed to be a little higher

@Zeon

i was considering on putting MAs on another different tier list since most of them are different or are very situational, like only purge MAs on the MS tier list but tbh it might be a little bit of a dumb idea i will complete the list with the MAs.
Provi got it's buff yes but still he is the weakest S rank unit on the game so... yeah.
Legend is a monster now, he used to be the stunmaster and now he pierces even more stuns, stuns are underrated. when you are poking the enemy can hardly trade you unless vaccines.
Cheru works really well on non oc scenarios/Clan Wars. plus iirc his main weapon (sniper rifle) never got any real nerf.

@iShorty123

shit i forgot to put NTD, my bad

No, the weakest S rank in the game is now V2A.
FOREVER.
V2A needs a tier 6, to show how bloody horrible it is.
Hyaku Shiki kai is pretty much Tier 5 material... (dies fast, the lack of boost on suit makes it hard to use.)

FonSpark 10-29-2012 02:26 AM

I'm not feeling 007 at all, especially in open maps.
X3 seems alot better for me.

Kenshiro 10-29-2012 04:17 AM

X3 is versatile, has I-field that tanks a majority of long range weapons, but 007 has stuns, and overall faster melee game in general. Although my vote still goes for X3. X3's damage output > 007's range game. X3 can DPS, play pseudo-scissor, as well as be an effective rock at that.

Uncharted 10-29-2012 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FonSpark (Post 1779734)
I'm not feeling 007 at all, especially in open maps.
X3 seems alot better for me.

007 is not a dps unit it's meant for poke wars or mid to short range games, x3 is a scissor with high dps and an i field. i've putted x3 on top of tier 2 because he is insanely strong yet his close combat isnt as strong as 007's or 00r.
on another note rock tier list is the weakest

FonSpark 10-29-2012 05:16 AM

Can you list some rock suits with high dps? :py05:

Uncharted 10-29-2012 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FonSpark (Post 1779750)
Can you list some rock suits with high dps? :py05:

if you mean ranged dps, x3 is the king followed by harute GNA type E.
most rocks dont really have that machine gun/constant weapon switch dps, so its more about poking or canceling the attack animation, if you mean close range, most of them are extremely deadly.
to list a few
raiser (only problem is cooldowns on all of its weapons)
dshc (1 shot people on back but get 1 shotted too)
X1 kai (stunlock people w1->w2-w1->w2)
susanowo (8 hit combo with low cd w2)
banshee ( i have no idea how he deals so much damage but he does)
skull heart (alt mode w2 cds are really low but it's a projective also it's main mode is pretty strong whip into 3 melee hits and shotgun in back, tho it doesnt do as much damage as you want to)

FonSpark 10-29-2012 10:53 AM

Very detailed post, thank you :py63:

gtman 10-29-2012 12:33 PM

nice post, hope that you keep it updated .. but srsly akatsuki is not the best scissor???!

FonSpark 10-29-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtman (Post 1779829)
nice post, hope that you keep it updated .. but srsly akatsuki is not the best scissor???!

Because it lacks ballistic weapons I guess.

Zeomn 10-31-2012 01:47 PM

honestly i would argue that S rank x1 be put next to x3 instead of being removed from the list, or at the very least in my opinion, it's still better than x1k and skullheart

1. It's melee mode now is insane since it's w3's attack power has been greatly increased, plus, reload for it is much faster

2. It's gotten at least two hp buffs, and honestly, with the addition of having infighter, it's got a huge advantage over x1k and skullheart when fighting papers

3. It's ranged mode is actually really good now. The beam rifle fires really fast (for a rock), has a ton of ammo, and w2 has better reload speed now. Plus, range sp for more versatility.

Uncharted 11-06-2012 08:59 PM

updated, still pending a bit on approval

Asuna 11-06-2012 11:30 PM

Where is 00 Gundam? I would rank it Tier 5.