ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   SDGO MS Discussions (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-ms-discussions/)
-   -   [MSoTW] [CB] SR-Sinanju + 00 Qan[T] (KirovReporting) (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-ms-discussions/106538-msotw-cb-sr-sinanju-00-qan-t-kirovreporting.html)

zgmfx19a 12-24-2011 08:07 PM

[MSoTW] [CB] SR-Sinanju + 00 Qan[T] (KirovReporting)

Sinanju (Beam Axe) by KirovReporting

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/...72341_8522.jpg

Also known as rocknanju, as compared to scinanju, or SR sinanju, for those who like it simple. It is a suit that is unobtainable in kr now, and used to be the prize for many collectors(can't deny that sinanju looks badass)

Its stats are rather...typical.
Low attack, rather high def in melee mode, lower def and higher attack in ranged mode. Despite the high def in melee mode, being all-melee doesn't let you feel that def too much.
And no, I did not get a pic because I figure you look at that site anyways

Weapons

Mode 1

W1: Beam Axe(Shield): Attacks with beam axes on its shield. The usual 5 hits except its a bit slower than you might think, but the area is friggin wide. Chains up to 8 hits, as is with all pure-melee suits/modes.

W2: Beam Axe(Beam Nakagita): Attacks with beam axes in nakagita form. Inflicts stun ailment, which means you have some sort of melee defense against MAs and them domon and asia, though the horizontal range is seeking a bit more. Full hit with w2 then following it up with a kick is the usual way to troll MAs

W3: Kick: Need I explain? It kicks, one single powerful melee hit and kd's. not much one area, but its reach is longer than it seems. And it HURTS.

Mode 2

W1: Rocket Grenade: I really don't know why it has this. It is a BAZOOKA that KD's. Sounds useful? Well, no. For one, it has immobility, which is a cursed thing on any weapon. For another, its damage sux. For third, I could really use a stun rifle or at least the common beam saber in this weapon slot. At least it can save your teammate that is being melee'd without you going into the melee-spec danger zone.

W2: Beam Rifle: The usual, if I can call the insanely short pre- and post-delay on this rifle usual for a rock. It shoots friggin fast. Sadly, that is its only merit

W3: Rocket Bazooka: The very bazooka that made Scinanju a zooking horror is back, on a rock, with better reload and booster to abuse it. It is a zook, and it hurts with good splash, no explanation needed. Thank gods for no immobility. Not that scinanju has immobility on bazooka, but you never know with rocks and ranged weapons.

Skills

Booster Extension
Possibly the most welcome skill on any suit alongside reload up. Booster length and recovery are both 1.5x, which gives rocknanju insane boost, which it needs, being the melee suit it is.

Return of the Red Comet
Makes you 3x faster, AND increases your booster by another 50% making you hit the boost cap of 10 seconds. No, really both skills are mobility based, and this suit's mobility is unmatched by any other suit in the whole game.

Melee spec, Beam spec

OC
HP/ATK or ALLATK for offensive
HP/DEF for defensive
That's the thing, the OC with this suit is vague
You seem like you need defense to survive longer during melee, then you seem like you can use a bit more damage. It is one of the only suits in the game not to have a "standard" for OC points to this day. Both skills not affecting eithor attack nor defense doesn't help eithor.

Overview
Tricky suit, but very fun. It is like having your own race car, except you have to shoot and slash while driving. The weapon layout is quite extreme, and you really need to use that R button a lot. You can find yourself with no way to return fire in some situations, while you are running from a fellow rock with no way to slash him in others. Its damage being vague doesn't help, not to mention it cannot stand too many hits due to various factors. But it does have the best mobility in the whole game, and those who can abuse that to the full, can harness both fun and power in his hands. And it looks darn cool, and that's what matters.

Play tips
-Ambush, anyone?
Cloak, then rush behind the lines, then hack one foe to bits, then fall behind using your recently-obtained booster extension. Of course, it can fail, but it's fun. Besides, it can actually change the flow of battle if it succeeds.
-Its defense stat is decieving you
No matter how high a defense stat, if you try to land the full 111121113 combo, chances are that you will be a bulls-eye target for nearby enemies. No amount of defense will save you from concentrated fire from 2~3 foes. So don't be greedy, and learn to hit less and run faster.
-R a lot
Do I need to explain this, because that is one extreme weapon layout.
-Don't stop running
Your greatest merit is your mobility, abuse it to the fullest. You can even chase down a NJCex. Hide one place, then quickly move to another place, repeat. You can be the one-man army that can cause distractions, ambush, disrupt enemy lines, and etc, depending on the play.
-Don't be greedy
I feel the need to repeat this, I really do.

zgmfx19a 12-24-2011 08:08 PM

00 Quan[T]

00Quan[T] by KirovReporting

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...-00_Qan-T-.jpg

The latest quantization suit to join the ranks. Despite poopular belief, it came out as scissors. Not much people had a problem with that though, only on the first few days did people fret.

Stats
Nothing too special except for a high attack stat in mode 2, along with a low defense to make up for it.
Yes, you have that site, I just comment.

Weapons

Mode 1

W1: GN Sword V: 4 hit kd slash. Not exactly ground-sweeping or wide or anything, but it is fast. But you have the option in Mode 2, so...

W2: GN Sword V: A beam rifle. Seems a bit low on damage, you have mode 2 anyways, and it complements mode 2 well while it is in reload...and vice-versa. 00Q was never known for its reload rates.

W3: GN Sword Bits: Melee funnels, simply put. They home in at the target, and they poke at it madly. You just watch the target try to run away desperately, then you realize you cannot use R. Well, it helps out in several situations, especially ones with I-field that you cannot get near in any way. Mode 2 is good, but these bits aren't to be underestimated eithor. Just watch out for funnel-destroying or funnel-controlling suits.

Mode 2

W1: GN Sword V(Buster Sword): One, big, wide, slash. Long reach btw. It has a reload, despite being melee, but it hurts, and it's only self-defense anyways. But it hurts, hurts a lot. Having no melee boost simply makes it much more easy to use

W2: GN Sword V(Buster Rifle): A beam bazooka that hurts a lot. 5 shots straight, but rather slow reload. If you have good ammo control that should not trouble you much. However, this IS 00Q's main weapon, and is its most abused one. It hurts like hell, and I think you should slap papers in the face with this whenever possible. No immobility, and blocked by veteran sniper if i recall correctly.

Skills

Trans-am(Quanta)
The usual trans-am. Mob up, boost up. Simply awesome.

True Innovator
Same as 00R without the booster bit. While it is much harder to maintain these days, quantization is still good, and you get a radar as a bonus. Awesome.

Melee spec, Beam spec, kudos if you get to use eithor one, especially the melee one.

OC
ALL-ATK if you want to hit like bricks
HP/ATK if you want to hit hard but also care about your skill hp requirements
Eithor way, you should focus on hitting hard

Overview
Despite being nerfed in more than a few ways, it is still a powerful suit, and ranks as one of the best scissors still. Its reload may be nerfed, but its damage still remains, and quantizations is quantization regardless of SP usage. Not to mention the sword bits hurt. The sword hurts more, especially the big one. The skill set is one that many suits yearn for. It is also very mobile, which is not something you want from your foe. Its not that it is a suit without counters, but it is a suit that can bring tears to your eyes if you are not prepared for it. Face it with caution, use at your pleasure.

Play tips
-Learn to maintain skill 2
As with 00R, the true talent in playing this suit is shown by "how well you manage sp". While some people simply get to use quantizations as a one-time evacuation measure, others can keep that skill 2 on for a really long time, and I don't mean by not getting hit. Learn to do damage, lots of it, and in an efficient way. More damage, more sp, more quantization.
-Know your sword timing
Sword bits, buster sword, both of them. Find out, figure out, what situations you need what. Both have penalties and both are beyond handy. Find out the most appropriate usage timing, and you will have a very versatile suit in your hands.
-Hold the line
I never thought I'd have to say this, but you aren't setsuna. Point made. Do I need to explain how to hold the line?
-Red=Skill2?
00R's skill 2 is quantization, but it also gives the trans-am effect. However, 00Q has a trans-am separately, and is red whenever skill 1 is on. Unfortunately, more than several people aren't fully aware of this, and often mistake a 00Q with only trans-am to also have quantization. While it sounds stupid, it can also be used to your advantage. See what I am getting at? If you played poker more or less seriously, then you should. It is a darn neat trick.
-You cannot quantize when attacking
That includes sword bits. Can't even count how many people actually fail to figure this out.

Bng422 12-25-2011 12:11 AM

My top 2 most wanted suits for TW... And coincidently they both (should) come out together...

How much better is rocknanju's zook, anyways? (In terms of damage, reload speed, and shooting speed)

Because is its more badass than scinanju I might end up hogging this weapon all day... That 10 second of boost is like begging you to kite someone...

xConvict 12-25-2011 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bng422 (Post 1658832)
My top 2 suits for TW

This is a lie.
You don't have Rocknanju and 00Q in TW

Bng422 12-25-2011 12:17 AM

Fixed.

And how I wish I have both...

Uncharted 12-25-2011 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bng422 (Post 1658832)
My top 2 most wanted suits for TW... And coincidently they both (should) come out together...

How much better is rocknanju's zook, anyways? (In terms of damage, reload speed, and shooting speed)

Because is its more badass than scinanju I might end up hogging this weapon all day... That 10 second of boost is like begging you to kite someone...

they are like almost the same, the thing is rocknanju has that alt mode w1, useless piece of shit, and the melee and zook are split up.

as always kirov with good articles

also w2 on rock nanju (main mode) deals awfull damage to unit and gives a high kd value, meaning it is better to w1 7 times and finish of w3 (IF u can)

KirovReporting 12-25-2011 03:01 AM

technically, the first hit of w2 doesnt count as 1 whole hit, so the 111121113 combo is very possible and easy
if you go into the second click of w2, thats another matter, and the third hit kd's completely

OMGHAX 12-27-2011 06:42 AM

Nice review on the Rocknanju. Now I'm more interested to get it. :D

KirovReporting 12-27-2011 07:05 AM

the sad bit is rocknanju looks way better on paper than in practice

OMGHAX 12-27-2011 05:20 PM

I don't get what you mean.

Uncharted 12-27-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMGHAX (Post 1659777)
I don't get what you mean.

he gets raped on rooms, just that

KirovReporting 12-27-2011 08:03 PM

just that in theory, rocknanju can be real osm, but you gotta have darn good hands to do that

OMGHAX 12-27-2011 09:59 PM

Ahh I see. I better keep that in mind.

Bng422 12-27-2011 10:07 PM

It can't be worst than scisnanju, right?

I mean, scisnanju kicks ass against everything... rocknanju can't be lesser since it's a SR rank...

right?

Just mode 2 w1 looks really useless... they could've added stun gun :<

OMGHAX 12-28-2011 12:40 AM

Yep. I want the stun gun better than the cursed grenade launcher.

KirovReporting 12-28-2011 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bng422 (Post 1659825)
It can't be worst than scisnanju, right?

I mean, scisnanju kicks ass against everything... rocknanju can't be lesser since it's a SR rank...

right?

Just mode 2 w1 looks really useless... they could've added stun gun :<

it can be worse, sadly

but then, that is totally up to the map and your frequency of R-pressing

the lack of flashlights, added with the lack of any kind of defense against them makes it harder

tehprognoob 12-28-2011 09:13 AM

On the other hand, if you get up close, it's a totally different story.

Bng422 12-28-2011 12:29 PM

I doubt anyone of proper intelligence would let their teammate get mauled on by a long combo by Rocknanju... Unless 1v1.

I feel that Rocknanju is better off as a hit and run. Like Scisnanju, fly around, abuse long boost duration, then wreck shit when the moment comes?

And damn, Rocknanju's nuclear zooks are even more nuclear than Scisnanju's...