ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO MS Discussions

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-24-2011   #1 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks
Default [MSoTW] [CB] SR-GP03 (Bng422)

SR GP03 by Bng422

GP-03 DendrobiumOrchis (Folding Bazooka)
SR rank
Paper

Hello! Welcome to my very first MSoTW! I will try my best to introduce and further analyze a suit that is currently wrecking most rooms: SR GP-03 DendrobiumOrchis. I will now refer this behemoth as SR Dendro throughout this MSoTW.

Let’s get started!

SR Dendro is a SR rank that you can only obtain through custom cap. It can take many rolls to get this, but it is well worth your G/coins. Eventually, SR Dendro will be replaced by another SR rank, usually within 2 months, so work hard to get it or else never get the chance to! SR Dendro is known to have massive firepower, being able to demolish most suits in relatively quick speed. Much like the anime, SR Dendro has a built-in I-Field that blocks 80% of beam weapons. More on that later. Now, onto the suit itself!
Note: this article is based on pre-nerf SR Dendro.

MODE 1

DendrobiumOrchis mode

Stats:
Attack: 21.3
Agility: 12.6
HP: 16.8
Defense: 24.3
Special Attack: 18.3
Speed: 22.8

As you can see, SR Dendro has very nice stats. It’s HP and Defense is the typical MA stats, and it’s attack is very high. This, along with its high damaging weapons, makes SR Dendro a monster. You may think the Agility and Speed may be lacking a bit, but it’s skills will make up for that. More on that when we discuss skills.

MODE 2

Dendrobium Stamen mode

Stats:
Attack: 22.8
Agility: 17.4
HP: 16.8
Defense: 19.8
Special Attack: 18.3
Speed: 22.2

When SR Dendro purges (meaning you can’t go back to mode 1), it’s attack and agility increases while it’s defense and speed decreases. These stats are also very good, much better than your average paper stats. It’s attack stat is 22.8, which is very high for a paper. Both modes play differently, so you must learn when to purge and take advantage of each mode.

WEAPONS

MODE 1
DendrobiumOrchis mode

SEARH DISTANCE: 5000
BOOST
Horizontal: 2.78 seconds
Vertical: 5.56 seconds

Mega Beam Cannon
Damage: 2000
Ammo: 2
Reload: ~6 seconds/shot
Range: 4550

This is the only beam property weapon on DendrobiumOrchis mode. It is a large, snipe-able projectile beam that makes you immobile for a short time when you shoot. This weapon also deals 0.5 of KD factor, which is half of your average KD beams. It means that if you want to KD, you must hit your target twice. This can help support your teammates as you can deal good damage with a beam weapon, without causing trouble by KDing. The reload is relatively good and each shot reloads separately, so use it when you can. This weapon is great for dealing with suits that have PS Armor, such as Freedom. This weapon is blocked by skills such as I-Field and its other forms and Veteran Infighter.

Folding Bazookas
Damage: 900*2
Ammo: 12
Reload: ~2 seconds/shot
Range: 3500

This bazooka shoots 2 rounds at a time, one shortly after the other. This is the main damage dealer of SR Dendro on both modes. It has very good reload and good travel speed. It may be a bit harder to aim because you are so big, but aiming is very crucial whenever you use suits that have zooks. The double shot isn’t too far apart from each other, so aim ahead of units or use the splash damage they have to hit targets on the ground. This weapon is good against suits that have I-Field, such as NeulZiel, but not so well against suits with PS Armor because it blocks ballistic damage. This weapon is blocked by PS Armor and its other forms, as well as Veteran Sniper.

108-Tube Missile Pod
Damage: 350*24
Ammo: 1
Reload: ~13 seconds/shot
Range: 3000

This weapon shoots out 2 containers, which in return shoots out tiny homing missiles all over the area. Do not let the weapon damage misguide you; its 350 damage per missile, but that’s assuming all missiles hit 1 person which is near impossible. The missiles are shot out in a way to make sure at least some of them can hit enemies, so not all of them will hit. This weapon is great for supporting teammates, as well as raining down damage on a team that is forced to turtle. This weapon is good for dealing with suits with I-Field, but does poorly against suits with PS Armor. This weapon is also blocked by Veteran Sniper.

I-Field Barrier
HP: 13000
Effects: blocks beam weapon damage by 80%

This is what makes SR Dendro scary to suits that must rely on beam weapons. The I-Field Barrier blocks out 80% of beam weapons, so it takes many shots to break this I-Field. It may take quite a few shots even if all 4 members of a team shoot at one SR Dendro. Each time you are shot, you receive 20% of the damage, however it is not too noticeable. I-Field only blocks beam weapons, so ballistics go through it like it never existed and you take full damage. Beware of your surroundings and act accordingly!

Note: When you switch MSes in Ship and Grid mode, you start again in OrchisMode, therefore you gain a new I-Field Barrier.

Special Attack
Type: Range

Area of Effect Special Attack, allowing you to hit multiple targets at once. SR Dendro’s Special Attack isn’t too high or too low, so act accordingly to the situation.

MODE 2
Dendrobium Stamen mode

SEARCH DISTANCE: 5000
BOOST
Horizontal: 2.38 seconds
Vertical: 4.76 seconds

Beam Sabers
Damage: 1100
Ammo: N/A
Reload: N/A
Range: 500

A nice, solid melee for SR Dendro. SR Dendro is one of those special papers that have a 5 hit melee chain. Each hit is very smooth and very easy to cancel, making it able to match the previous paper-king F91’s melee. Its damage is your average scissor damage, but with SR Dendro’s high base attack stat it makes this weapon a very deadly melee weapon. This weapon is also great for chaining into combos as well.

Folding Bazookas
Damage: 1000*2
Ammo: 21
Reload: ~2 seconds/shot
Range: 3500

No, I am not fooling you, and your eyes are not playing a joke on you. SR Dendro mode 2 actually has 21 shots in his Bazookas. Accompanied by its fast reload of 2 seconds/shot, you have enough ammo to take down everyone. This weapon is a dream to every zook lover; With such high ammo, spamming it should be no longer a problem. However! You should still aim with this, because it does a lot of damage! The damage has increased from mode 1, from 900*2 to 1000*2. Like mode 1, each zook is shot quickly after the 1st shot. This weapon is able to melt most enemies with ease. However, players should beware of suits with ballistic defense such as PS Armor, and suits with Veteran Sniper.

Beam Rifle
Damage: 1400
Ammo: 7
Reload: ~4 seconds/shot
Range: 2800
Effect: Causes SLOW

This weapon is one of the nicest support weapons. Being a beam rifle, it travels instantly and has decent search distance. The damage on this beam rifle is also high as well, higher than most scissor beam rifles. The delay between shots is a bit longer than scissors, but it is still very effective. When your shot lands on someone, it causes the ailment of SLOW which temporary slows down an enemy. This weapon is great for supporting your team, as that slow can make quite a few openings for your team. This weapon is your counter for suits with skills that weaken your Bazookas, such as PS Armor. However, this weapon is ineffective against I-Field suits and suits with Veteran Sniper.

Shield
HP: 2000
Effects: Blocks 50% damage from all weapons

Your standard issue shield. Still good to have one, nevertheless!

Special Attack
Type: Range

The Special Attack is no different from mode 1, save for animation. Use this wisely.

SKILLS

Mobility Up
Description: The unit’s movement speed (+10%) , boost speed (+2.4) , and agility (+4.5) are increased.
A very nice skill to have for SR Dendro. If you thought mode 1 was a bit clunky, this skill fixes all its movement problems by adding agility, boost speed and movement speed. This weapon allows SR Dendro to move better, and can be vital for some situations.

Kou’s Obsession
When the unit's health drops below 50%, the unit's defense against medium-range weapons (-50% damage) , movement speed (+2%) , boost duration (+100%), and Agility(+7.6) are increased and the unit's sniping weapon has its reload increased and will do critical hits when zoomed in.

This weapon is a very nice addition to SR Dendro. When SR Dendro’s HP drops to 50%, its boost and agility is increased to very high numbers. It’s defense against mid-range weapons are also increased by 50%, with its weapon 1 on mode 1 hitting Criticals when snipe mode is used. However, generally when you have 50%, you may have switched to mode 2 already. In mode 2, this skill makes SR Dendro into a very speedy and agile demon with high damage-dealing weapons. Definitely a nice skill to have.

HOW-TO: SR DENDROBIUM

OKAY, I HAVE THE SUIT, BUT WHAT DO I DO?

SR Dendro’s both modes can be played very differently. From how I play it, mode 1 is used to support your teammates and to deal with multiple targets, while mode 2 is used to fight enemies 1 on 1.

Both modes has its bazookas as its main damage dealer, so you must have good knowledge of how to aim and shoot bazookas. Also on mode 1, since you are so large, you are often targeted by multiple enemies. If you cannot withstand the amount of fire rained upon you, purge to save yourself. When you purge, you can now dodge and use cover more effectively.

In order to use SR Dendro to its full potential, use the vertical boost time to your advantage.This is crucial, as it allows you to out boost rocks trying to catch up to you, and allows you to have the aerial advantage for shooting zooks. SR Dendro should be in the air more, which allows it to use its weapons 2 & 3 more effectively.

THINGS TO LOOK OUT FOR:

- Undetected melee suits
- Suits with powerful ballistic weapons
- Weapons that cause bullet zero

When you are using mode 1, if people cannot kill you with range, they usually resort to melee. Things that you should look out for are suits that can clock, and suits that can do high damage with each melee hit. In mode 1, since you do not have any melee weapons, you can’t counter then directly like regular S Dendrobium. When you notice something is whacking your back, immediately avoid them and rain hell on them with your zooks.

Another thing to look out for are suits with powerful ballistic weapons, such as Vulcans and bazookas. Since these are not blocked by your I-Field Barrier, you take full damage and it can damage SR Dendro a lot. Some example suits to look out for:

- Unicorn NTD, for its Vulcans
-Sinanju, for it’s high damage and fast bazookas
- Amatsu Incomplete, for invisibility and powerful bazookas
- Suits with bullet zero, such as whips or dash attacks

Basically, if you meet a suit with powerful ballistics you should either avoid them by range, or purge so you have a better chance at dodging them. Since mode 1 is a big target, the zooks are very easy to land on you. By purging, you decrease your hitbox greatly and can fight them back with speed.

And finally, ailments. The worst ailment that can be slapped on SR Dendro is bullet zero. Bullet zero renders your entire mode 1 ammo-less because all your weapons are ammo based. The usual reaction to this is to purge, and use your melee or fast reloading bazookas to fight back. All this can be fixed by Vaccine, of course.

COMPARISONS TO OTHER SUITS

There really isn’t much of a comparison, as SR Dendro is pretty unique in the way it fights.

If you must, you can compare it with regular S rank DendrobiumOrchis.

S Dendro is permanently in Orchis mode (MA mode), so he will not gain the bonus of having speed as another way to play. Also, S Dendro is lacking the double bazookas, and is instead replaced by a beam rifle. Pretty much everything S Dendro can do, SR Dendro can do better.

One thing that could be better than SR Dendro is that S Dendro’s I-Field Barrier is a skill, therefore it is permanent. This can have its positives and negatives, but its for you to figure out.

C/OC BUILDS

C HP OC DEF – The “universal” build that can be applied for most suits. When you add C to HP and OC to DEF, SR Dendro becomes even more tankier and able to take more abuse.

C HP OC ATTACK – Another common build, but instead you add attack. You add HP in order to survive Special Attacks more, and Attack to take advantage of SR Dendro’s already high damage by increasing it even further.

C ATTACK OC ATTACK – The build I use. This build allows your attack to be maximized (a whopping of 29.4attack in mode 2, and 30.0 if you increase your SR Dendro to C3!). I recommend this build because SR Dendro already has nice defense, which is good enough for the most part. By increasing it’s attack, you can wreck more rooms by killing rocks with a few bazookas and destroying other things with your 21 shot deep twin bazookas.

Pros. Vs Cons.

PROS
- Has a large amount of ammo
- Nice reload
- Damage per shot is very nice
- Twin Bazookas (nuff said)
- Defense is good (along with built in I-Field Barrier)
- Purge mode for much better speed
- One of those rare, 5 hit melee chain papers
- Great for supporting teammates
- Has both beam and ballistic weapons

CONS
- No melee on mode 1 (but can use bazookas instead)
- Large (mode 1)
- Once I-Field Barrier breaks, mode 1 may get destroyed quickly by enemies
- Purge (not always a good thing)
- Once bullet zeroed, mode 1 is weaponless

As you can see, there are definitely more pros than cons! If you want a good paper with high damaging bazookas and an epic reload, SR Dendro is made for you.

VIDEOS

So? What are you waiting for? If you are playing the TW Server and you love zooks, MAs, or scissors (mode 2) then you should try to get this suit ASAP. This is (supposedly) the last month SR Dendro is up on custom cap, and he will be replaced by another SR rank forever. Do not miss your chance!

Thanks for reading my article!

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 12-24-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-24-2011   #2 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAika OnlineLeague of Legends

Bng422 has a spectacular aura aboutBng422 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LostTheGame / Bng422 (NA)
Class: Mid-Range
Level: Blue ♦♦♦ / >>> (NA)
Guild: 카르페디엠 (KR) /Vanrawr (NA)

f-ed up my pics.

Think I can fix it somehow?
Game Count: 3344 Win Percentage: 65.85% Ranking: #15

12-24-2011   #3 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

No time to fix the images, so I'm sorry for that, Bng.

EDIT: If you can upload the images and PM me their links, I'll fix it later.

12-24-2011   #4 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmfx19a
No time to fix the images, so I'm sorry for that, Bng.

EDIT: If you can upload the images and PM me their links, I'll fix it later.
alright that would be good.

Thanks nek0!

-lesson learned-

12-24-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterCounter-Strike OnlinezOMG!League of Legends
Awards Facebook Fan

xConvict will become famous soon enoughxConvict will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to xConvict
Guild: None

Will mode 1 wep 1 mess up someone's melee just like Blu Duel's wep 3?

12-24-2011   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

Quote:
Originally Posted by xConvict
Will mode 1 wep 1 mess up someone's melee just like Blu Duel's wep 3?
Yes it does.

12-24-2011   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

KirovReporting has a spectacular aura aboutKirovReporting has a spectacular aura about
Guild: exMachina

its interesting cuz, 22.8 attack stat is not "high for a paper", but one of the "highest" in the whole game
with AS qubeley being 24.3, and only a few suits following up for #2 with 22.8(EZZ, V2AB mode 2, SRD mode 2)
Pazabi OCEX Rau Dinn OCEX Rocknanju OC6 HiNu OC6 Scizabi OC6 HWS OC6 GundamMC OC6 BR Rezel OC6 Quess Doga OC6 Char Zaku OC6 Geara Doga OC6 Stark Jegan OC6 Wing EW OC6 NGC OC6 Scinanju OC5 ARPA OC5 BD3 OC5 007 OC5

^all gone/currently have *v*
Rezel OC6 BB senshi hyaku shiki OC6 Kaempfer OC6 Missile GINN OC6 Sinanju OC5 Zabanya SR Ace

12-24-2011   #8 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirovReporting
its interesting cuz, 22.8 attack stat is not "high for a paper", but one of the "highest" in the whole game
with AS qubeley being 24.3, and only a few suits following up for #2 with 22.8(EZZ, V2AB mode 2, SRD mode 2)
High for a paper, as in compared to other S rank papers =/

High for a paper is essentially saying its one of the highest...

12-24-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

KirovReporting has a spectacular aura aboutKirovReporting has a spectacular aura about

how much was DX's atk in mode 2 again?*sarcasm*
Pazabi OCEX Rau Dinn OCEX Rocknanju OC6 HiNu OC6 Scizabi OC6 HWS OC6 GundamMC OC6 BR Rezel OC6 Quess Doga OC6 Char Zaku OC6 Geara Doga OC6 Stark Jegan OC6 Wing EW OC6 NGC OC6 Scinanju OC5 ARPA OC5 BD3 OC5 007 OC5

Rezel OC6 BB senshi hyaku shiki OC6 Kaempfer OC6 Missile GINN OC6 Sinanju OC5 Zabanya SR Ace

12-24-2011   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirovReporting
how much was DX's atk in mode 2 again?*sarcasm*
Or WZC for that matter.
Lol.

12-24-2011   #11 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games

Actually, to be exact, SR Dendro shares the highest attack (21.3) with 4 other suits (excluding R modes for WZC and DX)

=/

EDIT: thanks for adding the images, Nek0! It makes it less than a huge block of text.

Last edited by Bng422; 12-24-2011 at 11:05 PM.

12-24-2011   #12 (permalink)
楪 いのり
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterGrand ChaseMapleStoryCosmic Break

KanonoXlove is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to KanonoXlove
IGN: XDestinyHikariX/AssaultX
Class: Verstile Type
Guild: Ptolemaois/Synergy

Is this the 1st MS that has ranged SP in both forms ? @_@ I feel like i`m forgetting some suits ......

Last edited by KanonoXlove; 12-24-2011 at 11:17 PM.

12-25-2011   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng422
Actually, to be exact, SR Dendro shares the highest attack (21.3) with 4 other suits (excluding R modes for WZC and DX)

=/

EDIT: thanks for adding the images, Nek0! It makes it less than a huge block of text.
i reckon thats "among S ranks mode 1"
cuz when you add in AS and/or mode 2, things are way different

and no, AS kyrios has ranged in both modes

12-25-2011   #14 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games

I avoid comparing S ranks to A ranks because of the large gap they have between them. It's not the same as comparing ABCs =\

But yes, What you say there is true.