ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   SDGO Guides (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-guides/)
-   -   SDGO skill library--From noob to NT, all skills you need to know!(will keep updating) (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-guides/94070-sdgo-skill-library-noob-nt-all-skills-you-need-know-will-keep-updating.html)

ceacar 04-01-2011 08:41 PM

SDGO skill library--From noob to NT, all skills you need to know!(will keep updating)

Foreword:
Many SD player in this forum may not know Chinese, so they have few resource to know the skills in SD.
So I planned to write a post about skills.
However, due to the CCNP test I need to take, I postponed this plan.
Hopefully I can find a job in network engineering : )
Now I finally have the time to write this post.

Key assignment
The default key assignment is sloppy(It’s netmarble~). Some skills is impossible to perform with default keyassignment.
Recommend key assignment:

Weapon 1 – Q
Weapon2—E
Weapon3—C
Weapon4—R
Use item—F (you can’t use ur item when you are shooting people or when you are lying on the ground)
Transform—R
Back view—TAB
Game status—CTRL
The rest remains unchanged, forget the original QE. Pros never use them

To improve your skills, you need master both Melee and shooting skills.
Skill will be classifed into different levels.
New soldier(level0)---skill you must master if you don’t want to lose too much, old soldier(level1)------skills you need to learn and use, if you don’t want to beat by pros too much, ACE(level2)—skill you must know if you wants to be as tough as pros, NT(level3)—Skill of this class is hard to master. If you can master them you are already NT.

1. Move combination attack/Move cancel acceleration(MCA)
Theory: Use weapon switch to cancel the stiffness after you use 1. Every MC has different stilffness time.
MCA is a very important skill which you must master. (it’s a level0 skill, you should be able to use it in most of your movement)
It can be used for walking(save boost),climbing, cancel stiffness, deal more damage to ur enemy
Practice it for 1000 times, it will become the habit. Then you can’t play without it : )

How to:
Step1: roughly face your enemy, switch to weapon1
Step2: left click. Ur MS will boost toward your enemy.
Step3: When the MS is performing the slash, fastly hit W+weapon2+W(in my case it’s WEW). Then wait until the MS use the boost again
Repeat step 1~3
Spoiler!

(1)MCA-walk(level0)
When you face your enemy and perform a slash, ur ms will automatically use free boost to approch ur enemy(except ECM or the enemy is beyond your lock range). However, it can only move a small distance, however, it is enough.
You can use it multiple times to approach your enemy. So when you are near ur enemy, you will have plenty boost to perform different thing.
Spoiler!

(2) Fast shooting(without switching weapon) and Fast MCA-shooting(with weapon switch)
Spoiler!

Fastshooting: (it’s a level 0 skill)
Step1: press blank to jump into the air

Step2:switch to range type weapon and left click

Step3: during the shooting performance, fastly press AorD+ AorD or You can just press AorD+AorD (this is what I do) remember: don’t release the last buttom you just pressed

Step4: wait until ur MS starts to boost, release the buttom or press D or A (the opposite direction) for once. Then left click. You will find you can do more shots in the same time.

Repeat step 1~4

Fast MCA-shooting: (it’s a level 3 skill. If you want to be a New Type, this is the skill you must master)
Step1: press blank to jump into the air
Step2:switch to range type weapon and left click
Step3: during the shooting performance, fastly press AorD+any other weapon+AorD or You can just press A+A+any other weapon (this is what I do) remember: don’t release the last buttom you just pressed
Step4: wait until ur MS starts to boost, release the buttom or press D or A (the opposite direction) for once. Then left click. You will find you can do more shots in the same time.
Repeat step 1~4

Why this: This skill is not only used in shooting. When you press AA or DD or WW or SS, you MS don’t start to boost immediately. If you include a switching weapon action, your MS will start right after you switched weapon. It feels like that ur MS has full DEX.

Look at the vids again. Now it will make more sense to you

Spoiler!

(3) MCA damage potential: (level1)
This is a level 1 skill. Vastly used by players in the senior channel.
Vids first:
Spoiler!

Use MCA you can hit your enemy in different directions.
Two slashes MCA is recommended. Cause if ur enemy took two slashes from you, it will not be likely to hit back immediately. So you have enough time to boost to the back of enemy and get beautiful critical : )

Now see the vids again. You will see that the nataku B class MS is not fast enough. So it took a bigger risk to dash to the back of the enemy to get critical.
Take a look again
Spoiler!

In the combat, ur enemy will react differently. They may use their shield to shield ur MCA. Sometimes, you need to guess what ur enemy will reactor, where they gonna turn, so you can get more critical.
When you are facing pros, they know this well. So, sometimes, you can just trick them. You can hit them twice, then wait about 0.5~0.7 seconds (don’t let it stop your whole slash performance), pros will think you have dashed to the back, they will just turn back. At this time, you can left click again to perform the rest slash with beautiful critical

(5) MCA climbing: (level1)
VIds first
Spoiler!

Why this:
MCA can make your MS climbs higher with less fuel consumption.
MCA climbing is also a must in the air melee combat.

How:
Step1: press blank
Step2: After a while, left click. Ur MS will slash.
Step3: When the MS is performing the slash, quickly switch to other weapons and press blank, or quickly hit W+weapon2+W+blank (in my case it’s WEW+blank). Then wait until the MS use the boost again. Don’t the last the W, but you can release blank
Repeat step 1~3

Take a look again:
Spoiler!

(5) Air melee combat: (level2)
Before this, you must master MCA thrust and MCA climbing.
Then you will be able to perform this skill
Vid first:
Spoiler!

Most air melee combat happens when you are with scissors or papers.
Most scissors and papers will jump, when sb wants to melee them.
Rocks consume more fuel in the vertical direction. You can just wait on the ground praying that they will fall back to the ground, or you can use the MCA climbing to climb to the right altitude and slash them : )
Developing this skills needs a lot of melee battle experience. You need to have a clear sense of where the enemy might be. How high they are. Which direction they are moving.

(6) Sin swap—SS level4
This is a post which introduce SinSwap to you guys.
This skill is always kept as a secret among those real pros.

Now, I m gonna tell you guys how to do this.
Plz, ignore the SS I mention in my skill library post. That's basically...not right.

Ok, here we rock.

SinSwap basic:
switch to weapon 1 and lock enemy and press left buttom of your mouse. Then w+weapon2/3 + w.
When you feel that you have already cancelled the stillness which caused by slash and you are moving, press left buttom immediatly.
If you succeed, you will hear no sound of boost. Only you hear the sound of weapon switch.
Alright, this basic skill is gonna take times for you to master.
Remember some MS will always make boost noise no matter how hard you try.
For example: Destiny.
Most MS can do the SS.
However, I recommend those MS with high DEX. High DEX makes SS much more easier.

Vid First:

There are basically two type of SS.

Type 1:

SS with Building.

This is basic SS.

How to:
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/ceacar/ss1.jpg

You first lock your enemy and press left buttom on your mouse.
After that press w and space + weapon2 + w, your MS should have enough speed to climb to a propriate height to just get on the top of the building or beside the building(no matter you are going to SS from above or side).
Then hit left buttom on your mouse.
Tip: you should hear no boost sound in the second slash.

Type 2 Advanced SS----Quantization

Quantize with Building.

vid first

How to:
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/ceacar/ss2.jpg

Step1:
You need to press left bottom toward ur enemy.

step2:
After that press w and space + weapon2 + w, your MS should have enough speed to climb to a propriate height to just get on the top of the building or beside the building(no matter you are going to SS from above or side).
Then hit left buttom on your mouse.(Tip: you should hear no boost sound in the second slash.)

step3:
After second boost you should be landing on the top surface on the building which is not far away from where you were. Then w+weapon2+w to cancel stillness and hit left buttom toward enemy(no Boost sound is the key! otherwise you will never SS)

This is a vid to show you how to do it.

Quantize with your teammate

vid first:

How to:
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/ceacar/ss3.jpg
much easier than Quantization with Building.

You first lock your enemy and press left buttom on your mouse. You should boost right behind your teammate.
After that press w and space + weapon2 + w, your MS should have enough speed to climb to a propriate height to just get on the top of yourteammate or beside the building(no matter you are going to SS from above or side).
Then hit left buttom on your mouse.
Tip: you should hear no boost sound in the second boost.

As for Knock down SS, you only need to perform normal melee dash after you knock down.

Pro:
beat ***t out from newbies and surprise those guys who don't know it.

Con:
You will not likely get pros while using this. They knew what you are doing and they will not just sit there and wait for you to kick their ass.
If ur enemy dodged this attack, it's time for you to worry ur ass : )
In real combat, it is seldom used.

P.S.: vids are from 17173.com.
If you don't understand any detail in my post. Leave your questions and I will try my best to answer.

3. Ways of Aiming: Auto-Lock(level0) & Semi-Auto(also called SoonLock level1) & Manual (level3)

Spoiler!

(1)AUTO-LOCK
How: You just press your right buttom and don’t release it. Your MS will automatically lock ur enemy.
It is so easy to use. However, it has certain shortcoming. You can’t hit MS when they are moving.
IS there any way to hit them using autolock?
Sure, you need to move in the same way ur enemy is. For example: You are facing your enemy. If you enemy boost left, you need to boost rightward. When your enemy is slowly walking left, you need to fire when you are walking rightward.
In a word, you move what ur enemy move, then fire!

(2)SEMI-AUTO-LOCK(level1)

This aiming method has a comparatively larger chance to hit ur enemy even when they are moving.
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/.../soon_lock.png
How:
In the picture red circle is enemy MS. Square is
Assume that ur MS’s beam rifle has little latency in firing.
Just move ur mouse roughly at the 4 placed painted blue(diamond) and click.
This can hit the enemy standing or walking.

If you want to hit an enemy is boosting left or right, you need to place ur mouse at the places where the black stars are.

Advice: imagine your beam rifle is a knife, it will cut to the MS. You need to feel it yourself.

(3)AIM MANUALLY(level 3)
The advantage of manual aim is stable: no matter what kind of enemy you can all keep certain level of precision.

(4)Advanced way of using cannon(level2)
Vid first
Spoiler!

There are basically two ways to make ur cannon hit the moving enemy.
--1—after you click mouse, you need to replace ur cursor at the place where you anticipate the enemy will move when your cannon just fire.
--2—use the soon lock to use the cannon. For example: ur enemy is moving leftward. You need to place ur cursor much more left to perform the soon lock(about 1.5~2 width of enemy’s MS).

4. Turkey shoot (level2)
Vid:
Spoiler!

--1—for MS with machine guns: Just move before the last bullet went out. Then you will shoot a new round with the one bullet left in your ammo : )
--2—For MS with two range weapons: You can throw more damage. Just after you shoot 2 then move a little bit and at the same time switch to other weapon and fire. Then Move a little bit and switch. Repeat

5. Make your missile turn (level1)
You can change the route of ur missile goes and finally bypass the obstacles and hit ur enemy.
How:
Point your cursor roughly at ur enemy. Then click and at the same time. Turn ur cursor any degree. The missile will go out in the direction you pointed at and hit your enemy.

Vid:
Spoiler!

And here is the Vi Gundam HWS’s Vid.
It’s missile is the best I think : ) very easy to use.
Spoiler!

6. Soon snipe (level1)
You can snipe at no time.
How:
Click blank then quickly press shift and after that left click.
Every MS has different rhythm of Soon Snipe. You need to feel it ur self.
Some MS will need to wait a while after you pressed blank then press shift and left click
Vid:
Spoiler!

7. Something you should know

==1==
Extra Damage between three attributes

Rock vs Scissor 1.2 times of the damage Scissor vs Rocks 0.8 times of the damage
Scissor vs paper1.2 paper vs scissor 0.8
Paper vs rock 1.25 rock vs paper 0.75

==2==
Some math:

Hp=(measured number of hp in the MS’s garage +5.5)*580

Damage=weapon damage*(Attack- Def +30)/30
PS: this equation is not correct since it can’t explain the theory that the OC attack can increase about 20% of damage and OC def can decrease about 30~40% of damage.

Ulti damage=(measured number of ulti +21.4)* ulti’s damage
Map ulti damage=145 which is between the melee ulti(higher) and area ulti(lower)

Reaction time=4/(Dex+1)

Boost speed=0.22*(speed+30)
The unit is the tile in the train ground. Tile/second

==3==
Boost time difference

Horizontal boost time:
Rock is roughly 5 seconds Scissor is about 3.5 seconds and Paper is about 2.5 seconds.

But there is exceptions:
00 gundam’s boost is about 4.2seconds long. After transform, it is roughly 4.8 seconds.
F91 after transform, its boost can last for 3.8seconds.
Arios after transform, it can move 4.77seconds!
Strike freedom is about 3.78 seconds.

==4==
About EX effect

Attack ,Def and Dex is about 4 oc points.
Boost regenerate: cut off recovery time 1 second (30% improvement)
Speed: Ironically, no change observed.
D.D: increase a little (I should say really little) speed of using QE(original key assignment)
MOV: increase about 20% walking speed.
Lock distance up: Very obvious effect. It’s like ten tiles of the training ground. Very good skill for some MS

Some vids: you can see how I use these skills.
Melee:

Sword calamity:
Spoiler!

Sandrock EW:
Spoiler!

Nataku EW:
Spoiler!

Melee and range type:

Blue destiny 2---80% of shooting is manual
Spoiler!
]

Old BD2 vid. However, at that time I have good manual aiming : )
Spoiler!

Range Type:

Vi Gundam Hws:
Spoiler!

Xamel:
Spoiler!

My old vids: filmed over 6 months ago. You can see my skill growth : )
Strike noir Avalanche Exia Xamel ceacar alex 14th sd gundam online
Filmed in Korean server.—well made movie and good fight
Spoiler!

Noir Strik and Strike Freedom SD Gundam Online By Ceacar Alex 15th_vol2.rmvb
Filmed in Korean server.—I get the master from many red stars in Korean server in midnight. It’s crazy LOL
Spoiler!
]
00 cheridum and unicorn SD gundam
Filmed in Korean server
Spoiler!

Sunrise Akatsuki GN TYPE E GN TYPE D SD Gundam Online By Ceacar Alex 15th_vol3.rmvb
Spoiler!

SD Windzero Custom and Zeta by Ceacar Alex 15th vol1.rmvb

Spoiler!

victory_2_burst.rmvb
beautiful critical : -)
Spoiler!

If you think this post helps you, plz leave comments : )

If you have any problem, leave comments or email me(alexDOTyonderATyahooDOTcom)

Final: We play games. Never got played by game. Ur real career and life are much more important than the virtual one : )

EDIT:
Add2 skills:
1. 2+1 snipe: 2 slashs and add one soon snipe. It can make maximize ur damage. But it also has drawback. U used up ur life saving snipe cannon. You may need to float in the air for a while to regenerate that life saver : )

2. Cannon_advanced_using_2: when ur enemy are near the edge of the wall. You can use ur cannon to pierce the wall to hit him!
Theory: If ur cursor's center doesn't hit the wall, the cannon can actually pass the wall. If the cannon's big volume just overlapped with the enemy MS's volume. You get a hit.
Vid:
cannon_advanced_2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjR5LtyDyuM
Spoiler!

Edit-update at 4/7/2011
3. how to see ur MS's action from the front.
Reverse ur camera angle first. Then turn 180 degree. wait for 5 or more seconds. release the button of reversing camera. Then you can do anything but moving ur mouse.

vid:
Spoiler!

4. Death Scythe EW----how to make it invisibility perfectly when using it's weapon 3?
answer: keep its default paint and no polish! Or you will make it much more easier to be spotted

5. How to dodge missile

Provided by Ai at # 18th

ceacar 04-01-2011 08:41 PM

Sofa~LOL
AHHHH

From NooB to New Type. Every single skill you need to be pro in SDGO.
Three red stars will guide you through these skills.
/forum/sdgo-guides/9...ml#post1504298
:py55:

chivien 04-01-2011 09:23 PM

You bot dive 24/24 .. what's there to be a pro ? ... botting

ceacar 04-01-2011 09:55 PM

Hey, I just think some people may not know certain skills.
So, I wrote a post to let people know them.
Yes, I do bot diving.
When I play, everybody is in bed. Except few pros.
So most of times, I m fighting pros.
My skill is not that bad :)

Bng422 04-01-2011 10:47 PM

Well, obviously hes demonstrating something. I'm pretty sure everyone tries out something new in the training mode...

Anyway, good read. Glad you put out videos too. +rep

StrykerX 04-02-2011 01:43 AM

MCA is movement cancel acceleration....you might wanna change that....

Retune 04-02-2011 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrykerX (Post 1504404)

Does the name really matter that much?

是名字而已, 真要管嗎?

ceacar 04-02-2011 07:28 AM

Just updated 2 new skills.
Enjoy

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrykerX (Post 1504404)

name added ^_^

mechmaster90 04-02-2011 08:20 AM

Nice guide, I was also thinking of that technique (which is not really a technique) when you're hiding behind a wall or something, and you manually right-hand shoot without showing yourself too much you know.
Quite useful depending on the MS.
Oh and for units that can hit more than their actual KD combo (like Crossbone), I've seen people using turn slash to avoid the KD on the last hit, and continue the combo (eg. 1-2-3 melee, TS, 1-2-3-4 KD, sometimes even adding a w2 shot in between).

Also, imo if you want to learn MCA (particularly air catching) and turn slash, you might want to increase mouse sensitivity. A lot. Default is 50% iirc, but I know a lot of people who use maximum sensitivity. Just some advice.

ceacar 04-02-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mechmaster90 (Post 1504526)
Nice guide, I was also thinking of that technique (which is not really a technique) when you're hiding behind a wall or something, and you manually right-hand shoot without showing yourself too much you know.
Quite useful depending on the MS.
Oh and for units that can hit more than their actual KD combo (like Crossbone), I've seen people using turn slash to avoid the KD on the last hit, and continue the combo (eg. 1-2-3 melee, TS, 1-2-3-4 KD, sometimes even adding a w2 shot in between).

Also, imo if you want to learn MCA (particularly air catching) and turn slash, you might want to increase mouse sensitivity. A lot. Default is 50% iirc, but I know a lot of people who use maximum sensitivity. Just some advice.

I use mouse sesitivity 11 and 700DPI for my g9x
I get very used to it.

Melee combo has certain risk.
If you combo take too much time, you will be the target. Or the other enemies have circles back to get you.

If you add shot in the combo, and ur enemy is a pro. U will be slashed back. Then you will be the guy being comboed : )

A lot of MS has very good combo ability(8 slashes). However, it comes with price to pay : )

mechmaster90 04-02-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceacar (Post 1504582)
I get very used to it.

Melee combo has certain risk.
If you combo take too much time, you will be the target. Or the other enemies have circles back to get you.

If you add shot in the combo, and ur enemy is a pro. U will be slashed back. Then you will be the guy being comboed : )

A lot of MS has very good combo ability(8 slashes). However, it comes with price to pay : )

Yes indeed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceacar (Post 1504582)
I get very used to it.

I personnally use a notch under max sensitivity, whatever suits you best I guess.
However I didn't change the key config, bar the rear view button (mouse3 sucks). I just got used to switching with the 123 keys.

Bng422 04-02-2011 03:23 PM

Im considering switching the weapon keys to Q,E and C because I always have trouble pressing the key in the heat of a fight. I use F to snipe because it feels comfortable for me. Since I refuse to use items, that key can stay the same.

My Apple Magic Mouse doesn't have a mouse3 click... and right clicking is way to difficult to use. I've gotten used to manual aiming, and it definitely helps when you are fighting suits with Auto-Lockon Jammers (read: DSHCs).

I just feel that using auto aim is just too easy. It requires no skill at all to me.

chivien 04-02-2011 04:08 PM

All skills that you don't need to know ... and Ceacar ... how about you online for once because at Saturday ReSync don't have enough members to WAR

ceacar 04-03-2011 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chivien (Post 1504721)
All skills that you don't need to know ... and Ceacar ... how about you online for once because at Saturday ReSync don't have enough members to WAR

I usually will be on at friday night or saturday morning with two of my friend.
Why dont u bring other two people and have 3V3 or 4V4 (with two random other guy)
Looking forward to it.
We always have trouble finding a proper group to fight.

BTW: u should really behave ur self. Don't shoot from the lip. Grow up, kid

chivien 04-03-2011 10:10 AM

Ahh no , I just hate botters that's all ... diving is okay though
And BTW , it's sarcasm

iShorty123 04-03-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chivien (Post 1505108)
Ahh no , I just hate botters that's all ... diving is okay though
And BTW , it's sarcasm

This guy makes total sense.
:py14:

ceacar 04-06-2011 09:38 PM

update at 4/7/2011, 2 skills added

Marisa 06-12-2011 07:29 PM

SDGO Techniques for Newbies

I have no idea if this goes in videos or guides.

Ao 06-12-2011 08:19 PM

first vid has embedding disabled

Crimsonred 06-13-2011 03:52 AM

Didn't I make a similar thread already?