ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   SDGO Guides (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-guides/)
-   -   Advice any one o.o? (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-guides/75683-advice-any-one-o-o.html)

Tuxaia 05-09-2010 07:27 AM

Advice any one o.o?

Hai people (im new Lol) But not to the game though i still fail at it <_<. Im a Rock user currently im using Hyper shining im like 900 exp away from hyper mode. Trying to get god gundam. but the thing is i can barley get kills ._. is it because of shinings lack of range or do i just fail that much T^T Any ways when i usually go melee people they just move out the way then i try my best to move before they come at me usually i move out the way or they get me. Gundams like unicorn and strike freedom give me a hard time to also IJ/J gundam and ofc Good players so any advice for a rock player like me ._. (i dont know how to SS or MCA)+before i was trying to get Sword strike should i get him or stick to leveling shining.

123Bob 05-09-2010 08:48 AM

Well, if you are aiming for a melee-oriented suit like God, I suggest you learn more about melee techniques. I don't know the names, but I know some of the stuff that they do (although I myself never remember to use them :P).
You can get out of the melee animation faster by switching to W2 so you can dash away or behind your enemy quicker. You can also eliminate the melee dash by facing away from your enemy then attacking then turning back before the attack lands. This is good for countering melee.
For now, I suggest you level Shining first. Sword Strike can be gotten later. Maybe after God. Don't have too many aims at once. It clogs up your hangars like I learned :(.

Retune 05-09-2010 04:33 PM

Watch the Youtube tutorial Clips.

This one will show you how to SS and MCA.

The guy says MCA is impossible without SS. The first clip shows him dashing around and meleeing without using SS. Then he starts SSing. Pay attention to the weapon bar.

SS - Attack - Switch to wep2/wep3 - Dash - Switch to wep1 (if you want)
You switch during the lag time after the slash/punch.

Then he shows you how to MCA.

MCA - Attack (once or twice) - SS to the side - Attack (once or twice) - SS to the back - Attack.

MCA in slow motion.

The Chinese word means Slash. The block of Chinese text says let go of W when you slash.

I suggest you practice with RX-78-2 Gundam first, then move up.

Seim 05-10-2010 01:51 PM

I dont think God is a good choice for beginner rock users....
It's actually quite hard to play God effectively. People will argue that they do know but they're in denial ._. Signs that you dont know how to use it well is when you die 15 seconds into the game, your team gains a little lead and then losing it all because u died twice already making it a 3v4, and when u ONLY use vulcans to shoot (yes i know it seems impossible but i have seen a person do this).

I would main a B rank rock first instead of an A rank rock tbh and practice SS+MCA with that.

Anyways, on to SS and MCA.
MCA = SS with a target.

First you need to get the hang of SS-ing since its fundamental to playing a rock and reduce the chance of you getting caught and reducing the time ur vulnerable. Hell, you could just learn SS and forget about MCA to play a rock decently.

MCA = The whole point of this is to allow you to have a way to dodge melee specs as well as a method to get crits in a melee string. Some people are stupid and MCA out of a crit string for no reason too.

To do SS, I find it easier like this:
swing-> tap w and 3 together twice, hold w after second tap to remain dashing -> press 1 -> swing

You can try with weapon 2 as well as most people SS and MCA with that one. Its basically all preference.
Also... BEWARE! Your keyboard may potentially make alot of noise and ur fingers may get tired after periods of time! :<

atlc040 05-10-2010 04:26 PM

Stick to a rock suit with larger sword slash aoe before moving on to the punching types, those requires effort to catch someone

nyejyh 05-11-2010 10:54 AM

i like the guide. yeeeee.

littleflowergirl 05-24-2012 01:29 PM

Thanks for the guide - going to keep practicing.