ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO Guides

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-29-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Jaen has a spectacular aura aboutJaen has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Falathar
Class: Scissors, Rocks, Paper
Default A few melee questions

This is about my 3rd week or so playing this game so I'm still pretty bad. Got a couple of melee questions though.

I've been playing a lot of B Sandrock and I have a problem with a few things.

1) Mobile armors give me a lot of trouble. Stuff like that red crab thing(Val Varo), GP03, Nue Ziel (SP?) etc. Am I just supposed to leave these guys alone and let some ranged on my team deal with them?

2) Sword Strike and God (sometimes nobel and that pink color A or S rock with wings and 1 cannon on each shoulder) give me some trouble as well. Sometimes when I fight one of these we boost in circles around each other to look for an opening but I either attack too early or my boost runs out and he gets me. How do you guys usually deal with this? Should I just avoid meleeing against these suits?

3) Sometimes even when I catch someone with my melee they boost up and escape after only 1-2 hits. Is this is just Sandrock's melee hits being too slow? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Last edited by Jaen; 04-29-2010 at 05:37 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-29-2010   #2 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

1)Why the hell are you meleeing something with no flinch

2)Why the hell are you meleeing god, and sword strike has a long melee range

3)Lag

| Adventus |

04-29-2010   #3 (permalink)
The Ordinary Witch uguuuu
Games
Cosmic BreakSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryMegaman Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Marisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Marisa
IGN: bippusuta
Class: Homing Spammer

1st) You DON'T melee a MA. It's very bad and they don't flinch only when they have low hp. :Cough: CMX...

2nd) Avoid melee go with ranged. Unless you know MCA or SS. (They probably use MCA...)

3rd) It's lag.

*Shift beat me by 5 seconds.

04-29-2010   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

So are there any other suits I should avoid melee against, besides God, Sword Strike, Nobel?

04-29-2010   #5 (permalink)
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Marisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to behold

DSH unless your positive you can take it down. Just avoid fighting high-tier melee suits until you can melee good. Oh if your using a rock NEVER MELEE an F91 unless your confident about killing it.

04-29-2010   #6 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuyaIzayoi
DSH unless your positive you can take it down. Just avoid fighting high-tier melee suits until you can melee good. Oh if your using a rock NEVER MELEE an F91 unless your confident about killing it.
You forgot Red Frame Powered. The W3 stuns.

Rule 1. of melee: If you're not gonna try seriously and don't learn the basic skills, you can forget meleeing.

| Adventus |

04-29-2010   #7 (permalink)
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent

Rule 1. of melee: If you're not gonna try seriously and don't learn the basic skills, you can forget meleeing.
I just MCA around RFP with my F91....Looool.

I'm not scared of that suit.

04-29-2010   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:

I have no problem with trying seriously and learning the basic skills, I've been trying to learn MCA in training mode from that video posted on here somewhere. But you know as I said, it's only my 3rd week in so I'm still pretty terrible.

Actually, as a question 4, whats a good way to get better at melee? How to practice and such?

04-29-2010   #9 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuyaIzayoi
I just MCA around RFP with my F91....Looool.

I'm not scared of that suit.
scruuuuubs

done right, it could take out gods and masters and hell, even MAs

| Adventus |

04-29-2010   #10 (permalink)
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
scruuuuubs

done right, it could take out gods and masters and hell, even MAs
In the event I see a Red Star with God/SS/SI/RFP ect....

They can say hello to Mr. VSBR.

04-29-2010   #11 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

1) Sandrock is a perfectly good against MAs. Use your homings and annoy them. Otherwise, go for the other suits on the enemy team.

2) You can outmelee a Swordstrike or God (before hyper) but its hard unless the opponent doesnt know about SS (almost everyone does, not sure about noob channel).
2.1) Learn to SS. Also, after learning to SS, u can manipulate weapon 1 melee dash to gain more boost and attempt an opening strike without losing boost. This lets u conserve more boost than ppl think :>

3) Yea, it lags but with SS u can still follow up sometimes, just have to cancel ur slash. Most of the time I can only get 2 more swings in but better pros can do mid air MCAs and gain the whole melee string.

4) Refrain from using noob suits like God, RFP, DSH, Nobel (hyper and non hyper). These are stupid for training using a rock. Sword Strike may be a nice starting suit since its the easiest to use.

However, Sandrock is still one of the best suits to learn melee with and learning how to balance missiles + melee is important too.

As for Learning how to MCA and SS, I remember Ryu posting something about it in his profile. You could check that out.
But a major learning break for me was when a clanmate told me that tapping 2/3 + w twice to cancel is easier than pressing 2/3 and w separately.

I personally MCA/SS with weapon 3 but most of the others use 2. Learning how to switch with 2 is probably better too since some suits dont have a weapon 3 to cancel with.
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

04-29-2010   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seim
1) Sandrock is a perfectly good against MAs. Use your homings and annoy them. Otherwise, go for the other suits on the enemy team.

2) You can outmelee a Swordstrike or God (before hyper) but its hard unless the opponent doesnt know about SS (almost everyone does, not sure about noob channel).
2.1) Learn to SS. Also, after learning to SS, u can manipulate weapon 1 melee dash to gain more boost and attempt an opening strike without losing boost. This lets u conserve more boost than ppl think :>

3) Yea, it lags but with SS u can still follow up sometimes, just have to cancel ur slash. Most of the time I can only get 2 more swings in but better pros can do mid air MCAs and gain the whole melee string.

4) Refrain from using noob suits like God, RFP, DSH, Nobel (hyper and non hyper). These are stupid for training using a rock. Sword Strike may be a nice starting suit since its the easiest to use.

However, Sandrock is still one of the best suits to learn melee with and learning how to balance missiles + melee is important too.

As for Learning how to MCA and SS, I remember Ryu posting something about it in his profile. You could check that out.
But a major learning break for me was when a clanmate told me that tapping 2/3 + w twice to cancel is easier than pressing 2/3 and w separately.

I personally MCA/SS with weapon 3 but most of the others use 2. Learning how to switch with 2 is probably better too since some suits dont have a weapon 3 to cancel with.

Awesome, a lot of good info here thanks. But when you say tapping 2/3 + w twice to cancel do you mean hitting 2 and w at the same time? What I have been trying is tap 2, tap w twice, tap 1, left click. Is there a better way?

04-29-2010   #13 (permalink)
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

MCA makes a big difference in battles...See this video.

This is how to MCA.

04-29-2010   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

IonCannon will become famous soon enoughIonCannon will become famous soon enough
IGN: Ioncanon
Level: noob

lol @ the sword strike video
i only do the same as that losing guy ... repeated swooping down from mid-air

04-29-2010   #15 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seim
Why is Berserk Nobel noob when it does not dash cancel? D:

04-29-2010   #16 (permalink)
kyubey☆bandwagon
Special
Games
MapleStoryDragon NestTrickster OnlineDC Universe Online

LiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud of
IGN: MewCharm
Class: Cleric lt_explorer
Level: 47
Guild: Scandalous

I melee MA's and antiflinch all the time.
You should melee them when they less expect you to melee them. Also, melee when they are near death. Easy kills. :>

04-30-2010   #17 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

yea hit 2 AND w at the same time twice. This will change weapons and dash.
I choose to hit 3 and w though cause my hands are fats and they dont like 2 :<

@Nek0 cause a lot of nobels rely on weapon 3 (not saying its wrong) and thats way too easy to catch/chase. Also you have to train nobel for beserk nobel :<
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

Last edited by Seim; 04-30-2010 at 12:25 AM.

04-30-2010   #18 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games
MapleStorySD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineZero Online

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Strikegundam
IGN: Natsume

having good melee skill is like an art to me
so much you need to learn, like MCA, SS, action cancel...
AND MY LAG POWER

04-30-2010   #19 (permalink)
Banned

meltyace is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaen
Awesome, a lot of good info here thanks. But when you say tapping 2/3 + w twice to cancel do you mean hitting 2 and w at the same time? What I have been trying is tap 2, tap w twice, tap 1, left click. Is there a better way?
There is, use mouse wheel to change to 1 faster and left click at the same time

04-30-2010   #20 (permalink)
Raven
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterKingdom of Loathing

StrykerX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to StrykerX
IGN: StrykyX
Class: Raven lt_blader
Level: Derp
Guild: En Garde

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltyace
There is, use mouse wheel to change to 1 faster and left click at the same time
no offence but screw the mouse wheel, it does no good. best way to train is with a 5 hit melee, basic rock(no anti-flinch, not pure melee, 1 or 2 melee weaps + 1 or 2 ranged weaps)