ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO Guides

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-13-2010   #41 (permalink)
┬──┬ノ( -ノ)
Games
Kingdom of LoathingSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAudition 2Fiesta
Awards Facebook Fan

Retune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really nice
IGN: Retune

1) You can either: Train your reactions so you can see it and react in time [use SS to gtfo of the way]

Or: Check the scoreboard often. Pay attention to the skills that have activated on each suit. I.E. If God/Master/Shining BM is in Hyper Mode, they most likely have their SP ready.

2) As IonCannon said, this is standard practice with range suits [esp those with AoE weps.] I'd recommend shooting back, or timing you attack so you get to the enemy when and where you predict him to land. Or you could just Sp [if you have a ranged or Beam Spec]

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-13-2010   #42 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaen
More questions incoming.

1) I am getting hit by sp more and more now when I close in to melee. It's actually really annoying to work so hard and take all that damage to close to melee range only to hit once or twice and then get hit by sp. So am I just supposed to learn the MCA circle slash and use it everytime? Does it dodge all SPs or just the melee ones?

2) Sometimes when I get into melee range of a suit they just boost up and shoot me. Then they land and boost up and repeat. What is the best way to deal with this? Do I just need to get better at catching? Should I also try boosting behind them when they are in the air so it's harder for them to shoot me?
1) Many solutions to this. MCA provides u with a decent way of avoiding MELEE specs around 50% of the time. It's not that great but still something to work with.
Best way to dodge spec is the spec cancel + slide-screen-slash. It works with everything but spec cancelling differs from player to player depending on ur latency and lag. I know I used to be able to spec cancel when I see the little freeze animation but now I cant...so its all anticipation for me now...stupid lag.
Another way is just to totally back off and re-catch them. Slash them once or twice and then boost out, boost back towards them.

Try to notice who has sp and who doesnt. Generally you can tell by their auras or pressing tab and looking at who has 2 of their skills up.

2) As a rock, u naturally have more boost than most of the other suits... so its a little bit of the way your trying to catch on your part. Air catching takes a little practice and getting used to. I remember I couldnt do it at all and barely anyone could on the TW server when the game just opened up.
No, generally trying to boost towards their back wont do shit for you ._. As a rock, you sometimes have to take a little to do alot. This goes the same with any zook based unit (I see retards trying to play mid/far range with zooks against lasers and big beams. That's just fail.)
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

05-13-2010   #43 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Jaen has a spectacular aura aboutJaen has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Falathar
Class: Scissors, Rocks, Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seim
1) Many solutions to this. MCA provides u with a decent way of avoiding MELEE specs around 50% of the time. It's not that great but still something to work with.
Best way to dodge spec is the spec cancel + slide-screen-slash. It works with everything but spec cancelling differs from player to player depending on ur latency and lag. I know I used to be able to spec cancel when I see the little freeze animation but now I cant...so its all anticipation for me now...stupid lag.
Another way is just to totally back off and re-catch them. Slash them once or twice and then boost out, boost back towards them.

Try to notice who has sp and who doesnt. Generally you can tell by their auras or pressing tab and looking at who has 2 of their skills up.

2) As a rock, u naturally have more boost than most of the other suits... so its a little bit of the way your trying to catch on your part. Air catching takes a little practice and getting used to. I remember I couldnt do it at all and barely anyone could on the TW server when the game just opened up.
No, generally trying to boost towards their back wont do shit for you ._. As a rock, you sometimes have to take a little to do alot. This goes the same with any zook based unit (I see retards trying to play mid/far range with zooks against lasers and big beams. That's just fail.)

1) By spec canceling do you mean you can use your spec and use MCA to cancel it before it finishes casting so you can get the invulnerability without actually using the spec?

2) So what are the basics of air catching? Is it like you for them to boost up and then on their way down you boost up to meet them and melee or do you boost when they boost? The second way sounds kinda bad against papers since they have more vertical boost than rocks right?

Btw thanks again. I'm learning so much from people in this thread.

05-13-2010   #44 (permalink)
Booger face
Games

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

Spec cancelling is using ur own spec and make urself invurnerable to their spec. This way, both players misses their spec.
Sometimes when you get meleed, spec the other way and then turn slash back. Usually u catch them completing their last swing and u return the melee combo back on them.

Air catching is mostly about the position of ur screen. It's kind of intuition now for me so I dont really know how to explain it. Of course, the best way is to get higher than them and melee down for me. The more you play, the better u get at it.
Rocks should still be able to match papers going vertical. Esp if u SS up.

05-13-2010   #45 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

blackinu is on a distinguished road

some times though air catching doesn't work depending on lag.....especially when you do catch them they magicly float upward in toward the 2nd hit.....****ing lag =_=.

05-25-2010   #46 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

When you chain your spec with your w1 is there supposed to be a delay? There's always a delay for me where people can escape but I just played this Blue Frame 2nd L that looked like he went from W1 -> spec no delay.

05-25-2010   #47 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

Its lag on your part.

| Adventus |

05-25-2010   #48 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent
Its lag on your part.
Lag as in there's not supposed to be delay or lag as in that Blue 2nd was supposed to have delay and I didn't see it?

05-25-2010   #49 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

You lag, and therefore your special started late.

| Adventus |

05-25-2010   #50 (permalink)
┬──┬ノ( -ノ)
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Retune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really nice

Extreme cases can include: Dying and then speccing for no reason once you respawn, speccing about 30 seconds+ after you clicked it, being invincible and stuck for the whole match.

05-25-2010   #51 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

123Bob will become famous soon enough

I've had laggers spec me and the two of us just stood there for a long ass time...

05-25-2010   #52 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

ShanaMia will become famous soon enough

I've heard of laggers melee speccing someone that was using a beam spec. Kinda funny.

05-25-2010   #53 (permalink)
Wei Wei~
Awards MoM Award

weissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to weissritter
IGN: Weibritter // Edelweis
Class: Lion / Gundams to_scientist
Guild: Symphony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaMia
I've heard of laggers melee speccing someone that was using a beam spec. Kinda funny.
I was able to KS a teammate that was using an AoE SP on someone No idea why i was even able to hit it to begin with = =;

05-25-2010   #54 (permalink)
┬──┬ノ( -ノ)
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

An F91 lagged so much that he changed between melee spec [that hit] to a beam spec. On my screen I was frozen, but he didn't lose ANY SP bar, came around and melee'd me, and SP'd me again when i respawned.

05-28-2010   #55 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Just tried it out in a training game the difference is huge. Almost no delay chaining w1 into spec.

Also sometimes when I have the targeting brackets over someone and it turns green when I click my melee boost won't trigger. Happened in a recent game where I was looking at the back of someone meleeing my teammate and I must have clicked 3-4 times when it didn't melee boost or didn't even try an empty swing. I'm guessing this is due to lag too?

05-28-2010   #56 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

123Bob will become famous soon enough

You will stop boosting when you reach them. Since you were already touching them, you only did a short boost. You will still boost, just not as much. Turn slashing will still be faster.

05-28-2010   #57 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Bob
You will stop boosting when you reach them. Since you were already touching them, you only did a short boost. You will still boost, just not as much. Turn slashing will still be faster.

No there was a good distance between us. It was like the left mouse button is broken (which it isn't). It's probably lag, and if it is I don't think there is much I can do about it since I'm on the west coast of the USA.

05-28-2010   #58 (permalink)
Booger face
Games

Yea its lag.
the spec will most likely register and you'll do it when you dont intend to do it automatically.
happens when someone in my family uses PPS... i hate that thing.

05-29-2010   #59 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Default MCA Redux

So today was the first time someone used MCA on me (at least that I noticed).

I was trying to learn it before today mostly to avoid all those annoying specs but I'm not quite there yet since my attempts were not smooth at all like the guy who did it to me. I've been trying it in the training mission but I think I boost too far and end up having to boost back before slashing again. The guy who did it on me basically made it look just like those videos.

So how much do you guys boost when you MCA? Right now I tap it and hold it for a tiny bit. Am I just not turning enough when I boost? My mouse sensitivity is already on max.

Last edited by Jaen; 05-29-2010 at 11:08 PM.

05-29-2010   #60 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games
MapleStorySD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineZero Online

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Strikegundam
IGN: Natsume

MCA is overrated...
action cancel is probably the most important when you use melee