ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   SDGO Guides (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-guides/)
-   -   SDGO and me. (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-guides/70532-sdgo-me.html)

Vartio 02-11-2010 08:33 AM

SDGO and me.

I was wondering if anyone here knew of any other ways than the Nagle algorithm to increase dataflow between the Server and me.

ANY way that's free and doesn't involve a new modem (I freaking wished).

Is there any ports I can open.

Is there any programs I can install.

What ever really!

I am getting sick of this damn inability to reach the Factory at all. I need a solution and ASAP.

weissritter 02-11-2010 12:04 PM

CS Online﹝絕對*力﹞ 哈啦板 - 巴哈姆特

try this if you can understand chinese.

Vartio 02-11-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weissritter (Post 1153881)
CS Online�•�*Š›ž “ˆ•� - 巴“ˆ†‰

try this if you can understand chinese.

Translator helps, still a bit confusing after the NoDelay

TMoody 02-11-2010 03:30 PM

Joining the Factory doesn't appear to be online based... It's the changes that are made that are saved...

Sounds more like a problem with your PC.

Vartio 02-11-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoody (Post 1154042)
Joining the Factory doesn't appear to be online based... It's the changes that are made that are saved...

Sounds more like a problem with your PC.

O-o... then why is it that I always have trouble? Whenever it's loading my mech and it's specs in Factory, it sticks me at the "Wavelength" forever. I doubt it's just my comp 'cause I can do a dozen things while that's going on without added lag to my other programs..

TMoody 02-11-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vartio (Post 1154060)
O-o... then why is it that I always have trouble? Whenever it's loading my mech and it's specs in Factory, it sticks me at the "Wavelength" forever. I doubt it's just my comp 'cause I can do a dozen things while that's going on without added lag to my other programs..

It doesn't matter if you can do a dozen other programs, what matters is what those programs do and use.

My PC can run Borderlands, an XBox 360 game at 200 FPS.

If I try to run a PS2 Emulator, it runs at around 20-30 FPS rather than the usual 50 for a PS2.

It's all based on what resources the program needs... When you get a mech's specs, it's all there. The model, the stats, all of that is client side. What those stats are is pretty much a notepad file being sent to you, around 1kb at the max... And that's for your entire hangar...

So I would be willing to bet it is your PC. In-game/connecting to others are the only real places where internet connection makes a major point. Otherwise, as I said, it's all basically small document files...

Vartio 02-11-2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoody (Post 1154102)
It doesn't matter if you can do a dozen other programs, what matters is what those programs do and use.

My PC can run Borderlands, an XBox 360 game at 200 FPS.

If I try to run a PS2 Emulator, it runs at around 20-30 FPS rather than the usual 50 for a PS2.

It's all based on what resources the program needs... When you get a mech's specs, it's all there. The model, the stats, all of that is client side. What those stats are is pretty much a notepad file being sent to you, around 1kb at the max... And that's for your entire hangar...

So I would be willing to bet it is your PC. In-game/connecting to others are the only real places where internet connection makes a major point. Otherwise, as I said, it's all basically small document files...

Then what the hell am I supposed to do about this? I mean it works well for everyone, and I generally tend to always have my computer reformated like 1 time every half a year.

Gundam00Raiser 02-11-2010 05:43 PM

maybe not pc problem, just pass ur pc specs and ill tell ya, also ur inet connection and ur geographical position

TMoody 02-11-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vartio (Post 1154103)
Then what the hell am I supposed to do about this? I mean it works well for everyone, and I generally tend to always have my computer reformated like 1 time every half a year.

*sighs* t doesn't matter that you have it reformatted, the main thing is what your CPU is capable of.

It's not that complicated. You can't play 360 games on a PS3, you can't use Windows Programs on a standard Mac, need I go on?

IonCannon 02-11-2010 08:13 PM

i got stuck during the first time entering Factory
so far since that update ... i have the same problem about 4 times

just restart the game

Shiki 02-12-2010 07:29 AM

Miyuki has an english version of what Wei gave:
/forum/computers-tec...-xp-vista.html