ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   SDGO Guides (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-guides/)
-   -   SDGO KR Rating System (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-guides/123947-sdgo-kr-rating-system.html)

Bng422 12-31-2013 12:26 AM

SDGO KR Rating System

Yo.

Not sure if people are aware of this or not, but the rating system has been implemented in KR for about a week now.

The rating system is essentially an ELO system. Basically it gives you a number, and your number reflects on your wins and losses. If you want more info I suggest wikipedia or google.

So, how does it work? Let's understand some concepts first.

http://imageshack.us/a/img835/1450/p7kz.jpg

Labeled 1. and below your clan name (or if you don't have one, blank) is a number. That is your 레더 (ladder/rating). Everyone starts at 1000. When you win a game, your rating increases. When you lose a game, your rating decreases. As simple as that. The amount for increase/decrease depends on the rating of the people you're playing against. If you win against a higher rating team than yourself, you gain more. If you win against a lower rating team than yourself, you lose more. Same goes for losing games. On a side note, if you dodge (alt f4, or unfortunately, zoa) you will lose 30 rating automatically.

This system is essentially the same as Solo Que for League of Legends if you're familiar with that game. You get paired up with randoms and you play a game. No Duo Que (going into a game as a pair) or Team Que (that's called clan war). Just you and a bunch of randoms. Who is on your team is entirely random. It does not matter what their rating is, and you can keep meeting the same guy over and over again. You can unexpectedly meet your friends too.

So how do you join a match? It's a little different than joining a room like you're use to with SDGO. You click the large blue button (labeled as 2. in the screenshot) to start. You are then brought to this screen:

http://imageshack.us/a/img17/8578/ekk5.jpg

And you have a choice to play points or deathmatch. I don't know if anyone plays points or not, but you can get into a game of deathmatch usually within ~15 seconds. Click the confirm button and you are brought to this screen:

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/3445/a9py.jpg

And that's just a timer for how long you've been "in que." Just a thing though, you will enter the game with the suit you currently have selected. So for me, if I went through all that, I would go into a game with my Sergei GN-X.

Now here's a little tip and stuff for everyone. I've noticed some trends:

RAU DINNS ARE EVERYWHERE

Be sure to pack sp downs and sp awakening skill parts of your own to counter them. You will most likely have >at least 1< Rau Dinns in your game. Also, try to avoid using S ranks. You will, no doubt, be eating a lot of SPs and will die very quickly.

Some common suits that people use are:
Rau Dinns
GP02 MLRS
Jegan (ECOAS)
Jegan (Shield Missile)
GN-X Sergei Custom
GN-XII Cannon
Wing EW
ReZEL Commander Type
Acguy Repair
Strike Freedom Meteor

If you want to know what prizes there are at the end of the season, go here and look at the table: http://gundam.netmarble.net/Communit...earchCatIdx=14

The main prize is Celestial Being Flag.

Good luck everyone!

SmilyT1 12-31-2013 04:29 AM

Personally this was worse than drawing a SR, so never going to play it seriously until they do something about the balance.

Jaygrazer 12-31-2013 05:53 AM

Thanks Bear! Quick question, is this going to be in SDGO indefinitely?

Bng422 12-31-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmilyT1 (Post 1837803)
Personally this was worse than drawing a SR, so never going to play it seriously until they do something about the balance.

I can understand what you mean... The team "balancing" is pretty unfair at times... Like sometimes I get 3 other C ranks while the other team has 4 Meteors, or pros like Geniuses or SynysterGates is on the other team while I always get some guy that's trolling with a C rank.

And the fact that you always seem to lose more than what you gain... Yeah, the struggles are real. Hopefully they do something about the Rau Dinns because losing a full-HP B rank life to 1 SP is not very fun at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaygrazer (Post 1837806)
Thanks Bear! Quick question, is this going to be in SDGO indefinitely?

Should be! This is the very first season so I expect more down the road.

FonSpark 12-31-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bng422 (Post 1837828)
I can understand what you mean... The team "balancing" is pretty unfair at times... Like sometimes I get 3 other C ranks while the other team has 4 Meteors, or pros like Geniuses or SynysterGates is on the other team while I always get some guy that's trolling with a C rank.

Just a friendly remark: I think kr people are too generous these days (or at least it's been a while since my absence in kr). When I was playing with them, generally S room = no ABC allowed, and in ABC rooms, people who play worse than bot program will also be kicked after a few rounds. Things may change after all...

DoX 12-31-2013 08:49 PM

When in doubt, use Astray Mina Costum & give em rau dinns a Shaco Smirk all day long

Bng422 01-01-2014 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FonSpark (Post 1837834)
Just a friendly remark: I think kr people are too generous these days (or at least it's been a while since my absence in kr). When I was playing with them, generally S room = no ABC allowed, and in ABC rooms, people who play worse than bot program will also be kicked after a few rounds. Things may change after all...

It would be great if we could at least see what our own team was using and their rank BEFORE the game starts... But unfortunately, we roll the dice and do with what we have.

And in case anyone was wondering, taking on 4 Strike Freedom Meteors with 3 healing Acguys and 1 ECOAS Jegan is impossible. It really is.

Koreans will play in a very dirty style in order to win. Have one S rank on your team? He eats 12 SP downs for the entire match. Rau Dinns will pack SP Awakening to nuke everything. You got close to someone with an all melee? They'll teleport or warp you away.

Only way to beat them is to join them: play in a really try hard mode with your own hax.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoX (Post 1837846)
When in doubt, use Astray Mina Costum & give em rau dinns a Shaco Smirk all day long

Many Rau Dinns pack hides and vaccines. Good luck getting close to them...

And it pisses me off, but I've noticed some really shitty players spamming Rau Dinns as well. It's not an auto win suit, but it's just so easy to use. Once you get the hang of it and you can overwhelm them, they become a piece of cake.

But when it's good players using Rau Dinns... You're in for a world of pain.

DoX 01-01-2014 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bng422 (Post 1837858)
Many Rau Dinns pack hides and vaccines. Good luck getting close to them...

And it pisses me off, but I've noticed some really shitty players spamming Rau Dinns as well. It's not an auto win suit, but it's just so easy to use. Once you get the hang of it and you can overwhelm them, they become a piece of cake.

But when it's good players using Rau Dinns... You're in for a world of pain.

I wish i was blind enough to not notice a moving turkey:py27:
Its called learn to apply fear to it instead of being stunned by them:py05:

pkemr4 01-01-2014 05:50 PM

i can imagine how bad this would be if it hits the NA server

FonSpark 01-02-2014 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bng422 (Post 1837858)
It would be great if we could at least see what our own team was using and their rank BEFORE the game starts... But unfortunately, we roll the dice and do with what we have.

Damn, that sounds as good as heaven on earth for yolo-C-rank-players and not getting punished.

Good thing and bad thing: I have never tried this mode before :py36:

gtman 01-04-2014 02:34 AM

lol I already have up on the top 1000 thing, 1 win gives u about 5~15 ladder pts but 1 lose takes off 10~30..

Bng422 01-05-2014 04:17 PM

Yup.

The struggles are real.

At this point, I'm not touching it anymore since I got a high enough rating and the dudes around my rating keep yolong and going down. I should still be within 300 and be able to get the CB Flag when the season ends :D

Ao 01-12-2014 09:32 PM

I'm kind of curious as to exactly how low your elo could hit.

I mean, I'm almost tempted just to steal someone's KR account and tank it all the way down.

FonSpark 01-13-2014 12:18 AM

I used to think 1000 (your starting rank) is the rock bottom but it isnt. A dude was at 1120 when I played with him.

gtman 01-13-2014 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FonSpark (Post 1838434)
I used to think 1000 (your starting rank) is the rock bottom but it isnt. A dude was at 1120 when I played with him.

lol, more than 1000 = higher, I have seen some guys at 9xx so it should probabely get as well as 1?

setsuko 02-04-2014 05:46 AM

weird, i dont have that emerald button ...why ? :py27:

http://s28.postimg.org/qxkwwtch9/button.jpg

gtman 02-04-2014 10:00 AM

^ this season is already finished.. I guess it will reappear when the next season begins.

setsuko 02-04-2014 05:32 PM

is this 4vs4 or 1vs1 ? if it's 1vs1 then destroy rules... :py48:

AmuroRay 02-05-2014 09:55 AM

It's a four on four Deathmatch. If it was a one on one it would be crap

Ao 02-06-2014 10:25 PM

Wait, I thought points was also available?