ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO Guides

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (5) Thread Tools Display Modes
02-16-2013   5 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks
Default Guide to OC and OCEX

Since I don't really spend as much time on this game anymore, plus it looks like KR will be moving away from the OC system, I'll just post a guide on how OC and OCEX works.

Take note that this guide will only increase your chances of OCing by a significant amount. You'll still need luck, but the luck factor is reduced by a significant lot once you understand how the mechanics behind OC and OCEX works (now you can be Doxx too).

Obviously, the reason I did not reveal this in the past is because the less people who know this, the better it will be for the ones who do. But since I do not really care too much about the game anymore. Also, disclaimer, I am not 100% certain it applies to KR, since I do not have anyone to test it there. But I am pretty certain it works for TW and NA. Then again, it's your choice whether you want to believe what I am typing out here.

Firstly, understand that the OC and OCEX event is determined through a server-wide system. Success is not determined randomly via the player's terminal, but through a fixed pattern defined by the server side.

In the case where lots of players are OCing at the same time, the success of OC may seem random enough. But do it during the wee hours and it becomes obvious that there is a fixed pattern to the success and failure of OC.

And so, the mechanics for OC (I'll set OCEX aside).

1.) OC rates are grouped by the OCs the units are at. For example, all units that are undergoing OC1 -> OC2 will use the same predefined rates from the servers. OC2 -> OC3 will use another set of predefined rates. Obviously, the higher the OC is, the lower the success rate. Also, this means that the ranks of the suits you are OCing will mean jack shit to the success. An OC5 C-rank unit will be reading the same data off the server as compared to an OC5 S-rank unit.

2.) The Koreans are obviously not the most hardworking programmers when it comes to coding. Instead of assigning a random variable which will decide the outcome of the OC attempt, the KR side has decided to code it by assigning a consecutive number of OC passes, followed by a consecutive number of OC failures.

To make it clearer, let the event where an OC attempt passes be o, and let the event where an OC2 attempt fails be x.

And so, the OC rate on the server side for OC2 will hypothetically go something like this: ooooooooxxooooooooxxooooooooxx.......... And so on.

Given enough players who are attempting OC at the same time, the chances of success will seem random enough. But what if you are the only person in the server doing the OC? What if you are doing an OC5->OC6, and the server may set the rates to be somewhere along the lines of ooxxxxxxxxooxxxxxxxx......?

So, the real tip to OCing is to actually prepare lots of suits to OC in advance before you actually do so. I'll recommend at least 10~15 suits per group (10 OC3 suits, for example) before you attempt to OC. If you want, you can prepare some C ranks as sacrificial fodders.

Log onto the server during the dead hours and begin your OC. Start off with the sacrificial lambs, and pray that you fail the OC. After that, keep OCing until you succeed. If you are the only person OCing on the server, you should encounter consecutive successes until you fail once more. That is when you know you should stop OCing. Take note of the number of success, because it should be roughly similar for each cycles, give or take 1 or 2. Once you are familiar with the success and failure cycles, you can even OC without LP chips if you are brave enough to do so for the lower OC group.

If you actually hit success on your first OC attempt, you'll not be able to gauge how far you are into the success portion of the OC cycle, so OC with LP till you fail.

Once you reach the failure portion of the OC cycle, move to another group or just give up for the day. This is especially so for the OC5 and OC6 attempts, because the number of failures are significantly higher than the number of success.

Take note that different server has different success rates. TW's server has pretty shitty rates compared to NA.

For OCEX, it operates on a similar vein to the OC cycles. However, the number of failures before each success is much higher. And contrary to the OC cycles, OCEX will only happen once per cycle, so there is no consecutive success. This explains the reason why you'll never see consecutive OCEX success within a split second away from each other.

As far as I know, there is no definite way of knowing how far into the failure part of the cycle you are in each time you attempt to OCEX. And so, the way to OCEX will take a different approach to how you OC your suits.

Again, it is recommended to prepare at least 10~20 OC6 suits before you start. You can go with just 1 suit if you want, but that will really take a whole lot of luck despite the understanding of how the system works. However, it is not impossible, because I've OCEXed more than thrice successfully in just one go.

There's three tips to go around doing the OCEX.

Firstly, it's obvious that you should not attempt to OCEX shortly after someone gets their OCEX. It will be some time before the failure attempts are used up, so postpone the attempt for later.

Secondly (and most importantly), you'll have to do some research before the EX attempt. Log in during a specific period of time each day (weekdays and weekends separately, because the traffic will be vastly different) and take note of the time difference between each OCEX success. For example, say that you notice there's an average of 1hr difference between each OCEX success during the weekday mornings after stalking the chat for a week. Now with that in mind, continue to play normally during the fixed periods you have set your eyes on. Using the example from above, say an OCEX success was announced on the server at 9am on that day. Now nothing is heard from the server at 10am, and this goes on even till 10.15am. Now it's a good time for you to try spamming the OCEX you've stored up to see if you can snipe off the success chance. Obviously, it will be important for you to have someone else on the server who can inform you if anyone has succeeded before you while you're in the room attempting OCEX.

The extra allowance in the timing is entirely up to your own judgment. You can set 30mins, even an hour. It depends on how much risk you're willing to take.

This also means that contrary to OC, it's better for you to attempt OCEX when there is a steady daily traffic in the server at that particular period of time. You can also try your luck in the wee hours if the OCEX announcement did not pop up for quite a while, though it's best to do some research before hand for that. Personally, for the TW side, I tried the OCEX technique a few times during the x2 event, where there will be a hoard of people attempting to OCEX. The initial cycles at then will be somewhere around 8 sec per success, but that is obviously not the best time to do it. I waited till the success cycle varies to around 1min 30sec per success, then I waited for the chance when there's no success even after the 2 min mark. Got 2 OCEX twice on that day. I've also did the OCEX attempts on the mornings using the same techniques and achieved success as well.

Lastly, it's a lot better to do OCEX attempts as a group. The Taiwanese used to snipe off the OCEX as a clan by going for massive OCEX attempts together at the same time. I've actually seen a screenshot of someone getting 5 consecutive OCEX in a day with the tips mentioned above.

That's all. Happy OCing and OCEXing.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-16-2013   #2 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

No wonder I had rotten luck with OC.

| Adventus |

02-16-2013   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

pkemr4 is on a distinguished road
IGN: NA: joshirosama
Level: 99
Guild: Oldtypes

maybe this is how yoshi got oc ex 2 times in 1 hour in NA....

02-16-2013   #4 (permalink)
DoX
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Facebook Fan

DoX is on a distinguished road
IGN: SDoXX / DoX
Class: B.R.S/W.R.S
Guild: Refuge/En Garde

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmfx19a
Since I don't really spend as much time on this game anymore, plus it looks like KR will be moving away from the OC system, I'll just post a guide on how OC and OCEX works.

Take note that this guide will only increase your chances of OCing by a significant amount. You'll still need luck, but the luck factor is reduced by a significant lot once you understand how the mechanics behind OC and OCEX works (now you can be Doxx too).

Obviously, the reason I did not reveal this in the past is because the less people who know this, the better it will be for the ones who do. But since I do not really care too much about the game anymore. Also, disclaimer, I am not 100% certain it applies to KR, since I do not have anyone to test it there. But I am pretty certain it works for TW and NA. Then again, it's your choice whether you want to believe what I am typing out here.

Firstly, understand that the OC and OCEX event is determined through a server-wide system. Success is not determined randomly via the player's terminal, but through a fixed pattern defined by the server side.

In the case where lots of players are OCing at the same time, the success of OC may seem random enough. But do it during the wee hours and it becomes obvious that there is a fixed pattern to the success and failure of OC.

1.) OC rates are grouped by the OCs the units are at. For example, all units that are undergoing OC1 -> OC2 will use the same predefined rates from the servers. OC2 -> OC3 will use another set of predefined rates. Obviously, the higher the OC is, the lower the success rate. Also, this means that the ranks of the suits you are OCing will mean jack shit to the success. An OC5 C-rank unit will be reading the same data off the server as compared to an OC5 S-rank unit.

2.) The Koreans are obviously not the most hardworking programmers when it comes to coding. Instead of assigning a random variable which will decide the outcome of the OC attempt, the KR side has decided to code it by assigning a consecutive number of OC passes, followed by a consecutive number of OC failures.

To make it clearer, let the event where an OC attempt passes be o, and let the event where an OC2 attempt fails be x.

And so, the OC rate on the server side for OC2 will hypothetically go something like this: ooooooooxxooooooooxxooooooooxx.......... And so on.

Given enough players who are attempting OC at the same time, the chances of success will seem random enough. But what if you are the only person in the server doing the OC? What if you are doing an OC5->OC6, and the server may set the rates to be somewhere along the lines of ooxxxxxxxxooxxxxxxxx......?

So, the real tip to OCing is to actually prepare lots of suits to OC in advance before you actually do so. I'll recommend at least 10~15 suits per group (10 OC3 suits, for example) before you attempt to OC. If you want, you can prepare some C ranks as sacrificial fodders.

Log onto the server during the dead hours and begin your OC. Start off with the sacrificial lambs, and pray that you fail the OC. After that, keep OCing until you succeed. If you are the only person OCing on the server, you should encounter consecutive successes until you fail once more. That is when you know you should stop OCing. Take note of the number of success, because it should be roughly similar for each cycles, give or take 1 or 2. Once you are familiar with the success and failure cycles, you can even OC without LP chips if you are brave enough to do so for the lower OC group.

If you actually hit success on your first OC attempt, you'll not be able to gauge how far you are into the success portion of the OC cycle, so OC with LP till you fail.

Once you reach the failure portion of the OC cycle, move to another group or just give up for the day. This is especially so for the OC5 and OC6 attempts, because the number of failures are significantly higher than the number of success.

Take note that different server has different success rates. TW's server has pretty shitty rates compared to NA.

For OCEX, it operates on a similar vein to the OC cycles. However, the number of failures before each success is much higher. And contrary to the OC cycles, OCEX will only happen once per cycle, so there is no consecutive success. This explains the reason why you'll never see consecutive OCEX success within a split second away from each other.

As far as I know, there is no definite way of knowing how far into the failure part of the cycle you are in each time you attempt to OCEX. And so, the way to OCEX will take a different approach to how you OC your suits.

Again, it is recommended to prepare at least 10~20 OC6 suits before you start. You can go with just 1 suit if you want, but that will really take a whole lot of luck despite the understanding of how the system works. However, it is not impossible, because I've OCEXed more than thrice successfully in just one go.

Firstly, it's obvious that you should not attempt to OCEX shortly after someone gets their OCEX. It will be some time before the failure attempts are used up, so postpone the attempt for later.

Secondly (and most importantly), you'll have to do some research before the EX attempt. Log in during a specific period of time each day (weekdays and weekends separately, because the traffic will be vastly different) and take note of the time difference between each OCEX success. For example, say that you notice there's an average of 1hr difference between each OCEX success during the weekday mornings after stalking the chat for a week. Now with that in mind, continue to play normally during the fixed periods you have set your eyes on. Using the example from above, say an OCEX success was announced on the server at 9am on that day. Now nothing is heard from the server at 10am, and this goes on even till 10.15am. Now it's a good time for you to try spamming the OCEX you've stored up to see if you can snipe off the success chance. Obviously, it will be important for you to have someone else on the server who can inform you if anyone has succeeded before you while you're in the room attempting OCEX.

The extra allowance in the timing is entirely up to your own judgment. You can set 30mins, even an hour. It depends on how much risk you're willing to take.

This also means that contrary to OC, it's better for you to attempt OCEX when there is a steady daily traffic in the server at that particular period of time. You can also try your luck in the wee hours if the OCEX announcement did not pop up for quite a while, though it's best to do some research before hand for that. Personally, for the TW side, I tried the OCEX technique a few times during the x2 event, where there will be a hoard of people attempting to OCEX. The initial cycles at then will be somewhere around 8 sec per success, but that is obviously not the best time to do it. I waited till the success cycle varies to around 1min 30sec per success, then I waited for the chance when there's no success even after the 2 min mark. Got 2 OCEX twice on that day. I've also did the OCEX attempts on the mornings using the same techniques and achieved success as well.

Lastly, it's a lot better to do OCEX attempts as a group. The Taiwanese used to snipe off the OCEX as a clan by going for massive OCEX attempts together at the same time. I've actually seen a screenshot of someone getting 5 consecutive OCEX in a day with the tips mentioned above.

(Why am I been drag in to this...)
Fastest cycle break i've seen in TW for OCEX streak is precisely 20 sec during 2x Event ( prob because they've been plaaning in large group to OC6/OCEX at the same time hence rapidly change the cycle to the point you can ex at the same time). And yes that took my 3 hour of observation only to do so.(All hail the TW Fightars)

Another thing to add for the EX cycle sequence:

1 OCEX= Every ??(Yours to self-discover :P)EX done in the server itself.

It has been done and tested during my stay in SEA SDGO ( now stop pestering me why I'm not in TW very often). Yes, it's a pain to observe the monitor day & night just to learn the cycle to the core.

Anyways,good job on providing this guide after so long~
(Finally taboo has been broken~)

THE FINAL GAME BEGINS
MY SDGO CHANNEL(Ongoing)

Last edited by DoX; 02-25-2013 at 02:21 PM.

02-18-2013   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Awards Facebook Fan

MouMouMou will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmfx19a

Wow it's work /forum/sd-gundam-cap...ml#post1805602

I try OC5 -> 6 using this method

Thx

06-08-2013   #6 (permalink)
DoX
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Facebook Fan

Time to finalize my research on OCEX rate.

Where to start? Oh yea..
The experiment was done right after someone took the last EX of the night before 98% total player went offline/sleep .[ Yes, it has been done in the (very) early morning ]

OCEX-Experiment Log-Time (for precise result)

*1:45 AM-Some fella went EX Wing EW ( By the time this happens, obviously ppl will stop OCEX after the notice popped out)

*3:45 AM-There are only like less than 2% player base in the server(empty pvp room, 2 afk mission room). So the time is right time to start the experiment. A lot of sacrifice made by all sides and still not giving up

*5:45 AM- After 15 consecutive EX fail, almost gave up on continuing till decided to do the final sacrifices for OCEX

*6:05 AM- Upon reaching the 20th time EX'ing a unit, it was as predicted all these years and the last unit used passed OCEX. At that point of time the final draft of the experiment come to an end. Rejoice~

Conclusion:

Based on what we've been through, I have finally concluded the rate for EX'ing any unit is 1/20 chance since its based on OC rotation.

I repeat myself again, its 5% chance or 1/20 oc
*doesnt apply to gen6 since its ez mode for upgrading

And so now I'll end this draft of this experiment for good
Credits to Narru & Zenoxagas for assisting me on this final draft experiment as well

THE FINAL GAME BEGINS
MY SDGO CHANNEL(Ongoing)

06-20-2013   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

qweqw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoX
Time to finalize my research on OCEX rate.

Where to start? Oh yea..
The experiment was done right after someone took the last EX of the night before 98% total player went offline/sleep .[ Yes, it has been done in the (very) early morning ]

OCEX-Experiment Log-Time (for precise result)

*1:45 AM-Some fella went EX Wing EW ( By the time this happens, obviously ppl will stop OCEX after the notice popped out)

*3:45 AM-There are only like less than 2% player base in the server(empty pvp room, 2 afk mission room). So the time is right time to start the experiment. A lot of sacrifice made by all sides and still not giving up

*5:45 AM- After 15 consecutive EX fail, almost gave up on continuing till decided to do the final sacrifices for OCEX

*6:05 AM- Upon reaching the 20th time EX'ing a unit, it was as predicted all these years and the last unit used passed OCEX. At that point of time the final draft of the experiment come to an end. Rejoice~

Conclusion:

Based on what we've been through, I have finally concluded the rate for EX'ing any unit is 1/20 chance since its based on OC rotation.

I repeat myself again, its 5% chance or 1/20 oc
*doesnt apply to gen6 since its ez mode for upgrading

And so now I'll end this draft of this experiment for good
Credits to Narru & Zenoxagas for assisting me on this final draft experiment as well
Master Dox can you teach me the secret for OC 6?

06-20-2013   #8 (permalink)
DoX
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by qweqw
Master Dox can you teach me the secret for OC 6?
Tip for oc6 :

-Do it RIGHT AFTER anyone sucessfully OCEX any unit at that time for best assurance

-Maximum rows of success oc6 is 2 times . Just make sure no one trying to oc6 at same time

THE FINAL GAME BEGINS
MY SDGO CHANNEL(Ongoing)

06-20-2013   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

qweqw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoX
Tip for oc6 :

-Do it RIGHT AFTER anyone sucessfully OCEX any unit at that time for best assurance

-Maximum rows of success oc6 is 2 times . Just make sure no one trying to oc6 at same time
Thanks Master

another question
is it immediately after someone success at oc ex?
did maximum rows of success means 2 oc 6 will success after some one oc ex?

06-21-2013   #10 (permalink)
DoX
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by qweqw
Thanks Master

another question
is it immediately after someone success at oc ex?
did maximum rows of success means 2 oc 6 will success after some one oc ex?
Yes,it must be done immediately prior the popup b4 some1 go for thee steal

And yes maximum is 2 times sucess 1 go b4 the 15 fail streak

THE FINAL GAME BEGINS
MY SDGO CHANNEL(Ongoing)