ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO Guides

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-14-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Zeon is on a distinguished road
Default A Comprehensive Guide of Ranged Weapons of SDGO (work-in-progress)

Okay, youíre probably wondering: what is this? Well, this is just a pointless guide on ranged weapons currently in the metagames of Kr/TW/HK, zero-ranged shooting weapons, close-mid-ranged weapons, mid-ranged weapons, mid-long ranged ones and flashlight-esque weapons, and, of course, the ever annoying pests Ė funnels. I wrote this guide because ÖÖI was really, really bored, and that I wanted to do something to make up for the MSotws we all sorely miss.

Before I begin, I should probably warn you that this is going to be a big wall of text, so if you canít stand walls of text, I wouldnít recommend you to read this guide.

First things first: I will be categorising the weapons into five categories, zero-range, close-range, mid-range, long range, and sniper-range. In each of the categories, the weapons listed will only be top weapons which are considered all-powerful in their respective range category. There are, again, five tiers for the grade of these weapons: Retarded, OMGhax, hax, feggy and high-tier.

Explanations:
Retarded: requires no whatsoever skill to use. Has high damage, fast reload, short firing delay and high hit rate and or special-ailments
OMGhax: requires little skill to use, fast reload, high damage, high hit rate
Hax: high attack speed, high damage, requires little skill to use.
Feggy: high damage, fast reload, requires little skill to use.
High-tier: high damage, may have special ailments. Requires some skill to use, usually due to self-immobility, too long/ short firing delay, or strange firing positions.

First category: zero-range

1. Retarded: Quin Manthaaís R2 Beam Scattergun

Now, while there are many beam shotguns out there which have no firing delay and high damage, the Quin Mantha wins in that it has a frickiní wide beam sabre (a pair, in fact) which allows it to stun enemies to use its retarded beam shotgun. The damage received from a full burst can destroy most, if not all rocks, and the thing is, the beam scattering arc of the quin Manthaís shotgun is quite small so unlike V2A and V2AB, itís easy to get people with a full burst in the face instead of missing some beams.

The retarded part? This thing is non-flinching, that means that even if you come out first in melee, youíre still going to get caught by its crazy wide beam sabres and receive a beam spray (not the GMs!) of death. Rocks with no beam defense die right way, and papers and scissors till get their asses whopped. While this weapon does have a firing delay (fairly long, in fact), the fact it has a wide beam sabre makes it extremely easy for one to catch people and spray beam them to death.

2. OMGhax: V2ABís Beam Spray Pods

Y no V2B, you ask? The reason is, just like why I chose Quin Manthaís scatter beam over Kshatriyaís V2AB has a beam sabre to supplement its scattering beam gun so that one does not have to rely on that high risk method of rushing at, firing, and turning away at the last second V2B has to use against its enemies. The beam spray pod on itself is a great weapon with fairly fast reload (unlike other beam shotguns), with a clip type ammo and no self-immobility. Most papers will die with a shot in the back. This brings me to another bonus V2Ab players have. One can slash the enemy unit once, and then boost around it to gain a critical beam shot, but of course this isnít recommend against rocks or stuff with instant MCA (Pazabi, Nobel)

3. Hax: Kshatriyaís beam scattergun

Kshatriyaís beam scattergun is similar to Quin Mansaís but the spread of its beams is much larger, so that itís much harder to do any damage in mid-range. Pazabi also has a similar weapon but because of its lower base attack and that it does not have non-flinch compared to Kshatriya which does not flinch once skill 1 kicks in, its tactical use is much more limited. Anyway, since Kshatriya flinches like any ordinary unit before its Fortress EX is activated and that it has no beam sabre or melee weapon in mode 1, its use becomes much more limited than Quin Mansaís.

4. Feggy: Legend Gundamís R2 Dragoon Shot

Attack Speed, Special Ailment, (relatively) fast reload, Legendís Dragoon shoulder shotgun has it all. However, the glaring weakness about it is its low attack. The number of beams is quite low compared to true HAX zero ranged weapons as shown above, resulting in its low attack (barely higher than that of a knockdown beam). This problem is only slightly alleviated by Legendís high attack with its SP1 (attack-up). So, at the end of the day, youíre not really using Legendís shotguns for damage, instead, itís more for stunning and catching people. If you really want to use it to instant kill, you should probably use the critical shot method as in V2AB, although the damage is still not that great.

5. High-tier: Psycho, Psycho AR, Pazabi and V2Bís beam shotguns.

These weapons all do great damage, however, there is no melee weapon in any of these units when in the mode with the beam shotgun. As a result, some timing and skill is needed to properly utilise these weapons without endangering oneself to concentrated fire or melee.

Second Category: Close-range

1. Retarded: Stargazer Gundamís R2 Voiture Lumiere(Beam)

This is a beam boomerang which has insane projectile size, firing speed, splash, travelling speed and great damage. Itís so fast that its travelling speed has often been compared to that of beam rifles. Also, this weapon shoots a little beyond visual range, so itís not a bad weapon beyond close range either. While one may expect some need to manual aim, auto-lock works very well with this, which is why this has been classified as a Retarded Tier Weapon. This weapon will literally rot your bazooka skills away.

2. OMGhax: Astraea F2ís weapon 2 GN launcher

Imagine the hitbox and animation of a flashlight married to the firing speed and damage of Rebornsí beam rifle, this is exactly what Astraeaís GN Launcher is about: fast firing speed, extremely large hitbox, fast reload, short intervals between shots. Its only vice is its short range, but it still fires quite a bit farther than shotguns like Kamferís, though wih shorter range than beam rifles. The result: it is perhaps an even more brainless weapon than Stargazerís boomerang, but its short range has made it a worse weapon. Anyway, to give a B(S) rank to have such a weapon, Netmarble must be crazy!

3. Hax: Sinanju R2ís Rocket Bazooka

Most of the time, we tend to ignore the weapon prefixes of most weapons: large beam sabre means beam sabre, large beam rifle is just the same old beam rifle, large GN Cannon is still that KD flashlight, but then, in the case of Sinanju, we have a weapon which has a name which actually means something: the Rocket Bazooka.
Rokcet, thatís right, the bazooka is rocket-powered (which bazooka isnít rocket propelled, anyway?) If you have played Charís Zaku II, you should know that(0.)3X speed skills are very useful to increase combat efficiency and attack pace, but what about a 3X speed bazooka? Sinanjuís bazooka has such fast projectile speed and manual aim is barely needed. With Skill 2 (Char Ghost) activated, it gets rock boost, NTD-esque boost recovery and Limiter-Release-like attack speed. Couple this with the rocket bazooka and you get hax firing speed and projectile speed. Papers and ssissors will bleed to death in close-middle range against this fearsome weapon. If I had a grope with this weapon, it would be the slight firing delay before the shell is launched but with Skill 2 this can hardly be felt.

4. Feggy: Kampferís Shotgun

So whatís so special about Kamferís shotgun? A lot of suits have shotguns, so why Kampfer? The answer is: Kampferís shotgun has zero-travelling speed. Thatís right, but it does NOT count as beam damage. Forget about manual aim, just spam right click all the way through. The damage and range a both on the low side, though, but I suppose thatís a price for its brainlessness.

5. High-Tier: Honourable mention: Psycho Megapraticle Gunís Weapon 3

Psycho AR is literally Rocksí nightmare. Its attack is highest among any unit in the game except WZCís R2. 22.8 points of attack, but weíre not here to talk about stats, are we? The most crazy thing about Psycho AR is its incredible firepower, Scatter beam guns in R mode which rival that of Kshatriya, and the real Ďstarí of the unit, the megaparticle gun, which, if you just look at what it does and its special effects, seems just like any old feggy KD flashlight, BUT, if you care to look at its attack: you will be shocked. 1360X3. Yep, thatís the kind of damage it does, and donít forget about the 22.8 attack stats! Do you still remember BRAVEís wep 3? Forget about it, Psycho AR can offer more damage in a much shorter period of time. But still, you might ask, why do you count it as a close ranged weapon, isnít it a flashlight after all? Netmarble did one thing to balance tis broken weapon, to give it a kind of strange hitbox which makes it really hard to land all three hits unless youíre in close range or against large units. Plus, the firing delay makes it hard to use, but, if you do manage to land all three hits, youíll probably take out at least 20 per cent of the enemyís health Ė in one go.

I will be updating this thread in the future. Kudos if you made it this far!!!

It's as if the Spirit of Zeon has taken shape! - Anavel Gato

Last edited by Zeon; 09-14-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-14-2012   #2 (permalink)
Raven
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterKingdom of Loathing

StrykerX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to StrykerX
IGN: StrykyX
Class: Raven lt_blader
Level: Derp
Guild: En Garde

You're right....It's pointless.
Especially since you give 90% of the stuff up there an extremely lopsided opinion. And they aren't even accurate for the most part.

09-14-2012   #3 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAika OnlineLeague of Legends

Bng422 has a spectacular aura aboutBng422 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LostTheGame / Bng422 (NA)
Class: Mid-Range
Level: Blue ♦♦♦ / >>> (NA)
Guild: 카르페디엠 (KR) /Vanrawr (NA)

It may be pointless but it's interesting to see what your opinion is on weapons.

Continue the good work!
Game Count: 3344 Win Percentage: 65.85% Ranking: #15

09-14-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms

Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all

it looks like u are talking about the unit itself, not the weapons because if u ask me v2ab has the best shotgun in game, together with v2b, not because of melee or not melee, because they can be used while moving

09-14-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

I can't believe so many of you tried reading my post! Thanks a lot! BTW Uncharted, maybe I just like Quin's shotgun because it has self immobility.

09-14-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

KirovReporting has a spectacular aura aboutKirovReporting has a spectacular aura about
Guild: exMachina

you do know DSHC's w3 is blocked by veteran sniper, not veteran ranger
so that somewhat makes it a ranged weapon, technically
Pazabi OCEX Rau Dinn OCEX Rocknanju OC6 HiNu OC6 Scizabi OC6 HWS OC6 GundamMC OC6 BR Rezel OC6 Quess Doga OC6 Char Zaku OC6 Geara Doga OC6 Stark Jegan OC6 Wing EW OC6 NGC OC6 Scinanju OC5 ARPA OC5 BD3 OC5 007 OC5

^all gone/currently have *v*
Rezel OC6 BB senshi hyaku shiki OC6 Kaempfer OC6 Missile GINN OC6 Sinanju OC5 Zabanya SR Ace

09-14-2012   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

So does it count as mid-range damage? I was thinking of adding Shenlong's claws or maybe 007s, but I think they're just melee weapons.

09-14-2012   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

KirovReporting has a spectacular aura aboutKirovReporting has a spectacular aura about
Guild: exMachina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeon
So does it count as mid-range damage? I was thinking of adding Shenlong's claws or maybe 007s, but I think they're just melee weapons.
those two are prolly blocked by ranger iirc
Pazabi OCEX Rau Dinn OCEX Rocknanju OC6 HiNu OC6 Scizabi OC6 HWS OC6 GundamMC OC6 BR Rezel OC6 Quess Doga OC6 Char Zaku OC6 Geara Doga OC6 Stark Jegan OC6 Wing EW OC6 NGC OC6 Scinanju OC5 ARPA OC5 BD3 OC5 007 OC5

^all gone/currently have *v*
Rezel OC6 BB senshi hyaku shiki OC6 Kaempfer OC6 Missile GINN OC6 Sinanju OC5 Zabanya SR Ace

09-15-2012   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterFinal Fantasy XIVConcerto GatePhantasy Star Online 2

Reiterpallasch is on a distinguished road
IGN: KRSDGO - Reiterpallasch

I agreed with some of your opinions, though some others I was neutral at. One I'd have to disagree with those is Kampfer's shotgun.

You're right about the zero travel speed being a huge strong point of the weapon. However, spamming it is rarely a good idea given its fire rate and very limited ammo (3), and it requires a lot of manual aim against anything in the air as the wide splash won't trigger unless it hits an object. The biggest thing though is the damage, was surprised to see you say it's low because it's easily one of the strongest short range weapons I've ever used. Mine's OC6/ATK now, so mine's obviously packing a larger punch but in proportion to my sword or chain mine it has considerably high damage for a gun. I've seen it do upwards of 33%+ damage to B-Rank Scissors.

I'm happy to see some opinion/overview stuff again, keep up the work I'm looking foward to reading it. Just wanted to give my thoughts on what is one of my favorite weapons in SDGO.
OC6 (Scizabi, Hi-Nu, SR Neue Ziel, Kampfer, GP02, Xamel, Guntank) OC5 (Crossbone X-1, Zeta Awakened, HWS, Pazabi, Neue Ziel, Z Plus C1) OC4 (Kshatriya, Cherudim, SR Dendrobuim, Zeong) OC3 (Crossbone X-1 Kai, Gold Frame Amatsu) OC2 (Skull Heart, Crossbone X-2 Kai, Turn A) Waiting to OC (Ex-S, Penelope, Dendrobuim, Rocknanju, Crossbone X-2, Crossbone X-3, SRudim, Tallgeese III, F91, The O Awakened, Qubeley Awakened)

09-15-2012   #10 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

>kampfer shotgun
>not manual aiming

WHY. You're wasting one of the best damn property of it. It WILL HIT IF IT REMOTELY HITS the enemy around corners.

| Adventus |

09-15-2012   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterFinal Fantasy XIVConcerto GatePhantasy Star Online 2

Forgive me Kisaragi but I'm not always sure who you're talking to, if it's me then :

I manually aim the thing all the time, I did forget to mention but yeah the splash is huge, I've hit 4 people at once with it a couple of times. The ammo is limited and shots have way too much strategic value to manual aim, I was more mentioning that idea that you could forget about manual aiming in general and how I always find it annoying that you can't always rely on the shotgun's wide spread if the target is not actually near anything. It gets easy to get used to aiming around the target and miss it because there wasn't a close enough object to detonate the shot.

Of course if you were talking to the OP then this response is moot and I agree with you. I guess I agree with you either way, the splash rules.
OC6 (Scizabi, Hi-Nu, SR Neue Ziel, Kampfer, GP02, Xamel, Guntank) OC5 (Crossbone X-1, Zeta Awakened, HWS, Pazabi, Neue Ziel, Z Plus C1) OC4 (Kshatriya, Cherudim, SR Dendrobuim, Zeong) OC3 (Crossbone X-1 Kai, Gold Frame Amatsu) OC2 (Skull Heart, Crossbone X-2 Kai, Turn A) Waiting to OC (Ex-S, Penelope, Dendrobuim, Rocknanju, Crossbone X-2, Crossbone X-3, SRudim, Tallgeese III, F91, The O Awakened, Qubeley Awakened)

09-15-2012   #12 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

I'm talking to tc

kampfer is one of my biggest favorites, and shotgunning had always been one of the most fun weapons to use, and damage kicks ass. And best thing is, the splash is goddamn great to punish people who are blissfully unaware of their surroundings

I remember trolling a nz because it stayed in non-melee mode and i chainmined it and finishing with shotgun kites... good times.

| Adventus |

09-15-2012   #13 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAika OnlineLeague of Legends

Bng422 has a spectacular aura aboutBng422 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LostTheGame / Bng422 (NA)
Class: Mid-Range
Level: Blue ♦♦♦ / >>> (NA)
Guild: 카르페디엠 (KR) /Vanrawr (NA)

ZII has the same shotgun except it's double shot (both shoots at the same time so wider splash), reloads fast, and ZII MA mode has shit high mobility (especially with skill 2).

You guys should give it a try if you haven't already. ZII needs more love.
Game Count: 3344 Win Percentage: 65.85% Ranking: #15

09-15-2012   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games

If the damn thing didn't require me to get 2 more C1s I'd have gotten it after the plans were out. I pretty much decided if I have to make Rock Zeta again for Zeta 3 that I'll suck it up and get the C1s so I can make Zeta II first, even if I can't paint the yellow on it >:

I hate getting C1s, I was surprised Skull Heart didn't need one just so softmax could troll me.

09-15-2012   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng422
ZII has the same shotgun except it's double shot (both shoots at the same time so wider splash), reloads fast, and ZII MA mode has shit high mobility (especially with skill 2).

You guys should give it a try if you haven't already. ZII needs more love.
It's different, ZII is a zook shotgun.
Like Hyaku shiki.
Not kampfer.
Kampfer is like the only dude other then AR buster who has it anymore.

09-15-2012   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Oh, I forgot about AR Buster, but AR Buster's has self immobility, doesn't it? And oh, I know I shouldn't just talk about weapon stats, but you guys are right, Kampfer's shotgun does hurt more than most. It has a power rating of 1300, I guess I just didn't notice that because of the number of crazy hurting weapons around these days.

11-12-2012   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

ceacar is on a distinguished road

Actually, you didn't say how to use these weapons correctly.

As I know, V2B's scatter beam has roughly 7 beams. the top beam's angle is way up too high.
So when u try to melee this scatter beam, the top beam always miss, which often left just a little bit hp for ur enemy to fight back.

So here's trick for it, when you feel you are going to have 0 range with enemy, shift your camera angle to roughly ranging 240 degree. you will have no problem hitting all of the beam : )