ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO Guides

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
09-26-2011   3 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
Ao
天使じゃない!
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLuniaDragon NestElsword
Awards Facebook Fan

Ao has a spectacular aura aboutAo has a spectacular aura aboutAo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Ao
Class: Rock lt_templar
Level: Double Silver
Guild: Synergy
Default Ao's Guide to Teamwork and Mindset

The guide to Teamwork and proper mindset!

Guide is currently incomplete, I am still working on it.

Table of Contents (press ctrl + F and type in the code in order to find the section you want to read!)

Code - Title

1.001 - Preface and brief introduction
1.002 - Priorities
1.003 - Roles on the battlefield
1.004 - The basics of Teamwork
1.005 - Rocks Mindset
1.006 - Scissor Mindset
1.007 - Paper Mindset
1.008 - Explanation of Roles on the Battlefield
1.009 -

Disclaimer

This guide is written based on my experiences in playing sdgo. If you happen to disagree with me, feel free to comment and or argue with me.

Preface

Now before we begin I would like to talk about the reasons for which I am writing this guide, and what I find is important for players aiming to improve in sdgo. In my opinion, it would help to read this even if you are only a casual player and do not wish to be competitive, as it will help you do much better and accomplish more.

Though I cannot directly provide players with the experiences that I have had, I will try my best to teach and preach what I know.

Priorities

Also, I would like to point out that no matter how important you find saving your team mate to be, your life is always the most important. You want to survive as long as you possibly can, and dish out as much damage as you possibly can.

This applies to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenoN8
As long as you are still alive, you are a threat to the enemy team
As long as you are still alive, you can dish out tonnes of damage if you play smartly. You can still pressure the opponent, and sometimes even cause enemies to make rash decisions that lead to their death. As long as you are still alive in game, there is always something for you to do.

So do NOT get your priorities wrong and waste your lives saving a stupid player with a better suit.

Roles on the Battlefield

Before we go into teamwork, there are some things we have to cover.

The most important of which is the role that you play on the battlefield. Each suit has its own role, though rocks, papers and scissors all have their generic roles. In order to identify a suits role, we must look at its strongest points. These can be correctly interpreted by looking at its weapon damage/set and skill set. Sometimes, OC can also play a role in determining a suits place on the battlefield.

Once a suits strongest point has been identified, you can work from there.

Lets take, for example, RX-78, the original gundam.

The suit has standard melee, a standard rifle and vulcans. It has def up and newtype skills, and since it is a rock, it has a default of ~5 seconds of boost.

The newtype skill would add additional boost, as well as radar. This provides the suit with excellent mobility and it aids in decision making.

Def up increases your def by 9%, letting you be slightly more tanky. However, you should not rely on this to change your playstyle, since chances are you'll be hit quite hard regardless.

You can also look at its stats on olgame to check how it can adapt and how you could build it.

A quick look at this suit suggests that it is a mid-close ranged fighter. Though, you should also look at things like the speed of its melee, this is just a quick example.

This means that you will not want to be too far from your enemies, as it would limit the amount of damage you could do. The closer you are, the more damage you can put out.

Other suits that are more rifle based will want to stay a bit furthur away so they can dps with their rifles, these and flashlight suits generally want to stay out of melee reach as, most of the time, they are not exactly good at countering using melee due to crappy reach and lower boost duration.

Generally, rocks are close-mid ranged, and generally infighters. Scissors are generally midrange DPS. Papers are generally far ranged support fire.

This does not mean that you should simply have papers camp in the base, and have scissors stand faaaaar away from the rocks. That would not be teamwork.

The basics of Teamwork

In my opinion, working together means to help one another accomplish a similar goal. In SD, that goal is annihilating the opposing team from the face of your blue and pure world.

Ok Ao, I understand that I should work with my team, but what does this mean if i am to carry out the role of my suit at the same time???

The role of your suit can be adapted. Though there is an optimal role, if you were to try and play GNAD without seeing your opponents a single time, you might be doing well and carrying your team, but you will not be working together with them. Working together with a team can bring out a suits TRUE potential, despite the fact that you are not playing your suit in its niche. However, this does not mean that you should disregard the role of your suit on the battlefield! Even if you move as a group, rocks should (generally) be in the lead of your group!

The most important thing about working as a team is sticking together, regardless of how you want to play your suit.

If you are alone, you become delicious prey for the other teams meleeing rocks. Unless your fighting a group of idiots that you can easily 1v4 without even breaking a sweat, WORK WITH YOUR TEAM.

Being grouped together is not all that it is! Even if you are grouped together with your teamies, it doesn't count as teamwork. You have to work with the other people in your team and assist them in carrying out their roles, in the process of which you will end up carrying out your own role.

While moving in a group, it is important to try and keep each other alive. If you notice that a team mate is being melee'd, MELEE THE PERSON MELEEING YOUR TEAM MATE (or KD them before they start meleeing your team mate!) Dont just stand there and vulcan or not notice like generic TW's!

If your team mate is meleeing someone else, it gets a bit trickier. First, you should check if there is anyone that poses a threat to said teammate (though you should already be aware becuase you should be constatly scanning the environment anyways). If there is anyone that poses a threat, attack them in the most efficient way to prevent damage to your team. That can mean driving them off by spamming your uber high damage weapons. Alternatives include KDing them before they start attacking, or beating them senseless with your beamrifle/axe/fists/whatever. Every single instance in this game is situational; there is no one answer for everything. You can only act based on your own judgement, something I hope you will have more of after reading this guide.

If there are no threats to your team mate, start helping him dish out damage on his poor target. This does NOT mean that you should start meleeing the guy that your team mate is meleeing. USE YOUR RANGE WEAPONS, HOWEVER, DO NOT KD THE PERSON THEY ARE MELEEING.

Each member of a team should be cautious of things that are a threat to them, and try to take out MS that threaten their team mates (and you are efficient at killing)

How to kill is somethign that will come to you through experience, but generally, do things like MCA to force or get criticals. In the case that they enemies turns, you can acutally give your team mates crits because now your enemies back is facing them, but make sure you do not expose your own back to the enemy in doing so. Getting greedy is always one way to get yourself killed.

Oh and all of you should remember

Your team is your sword and your shield

The Mindset of a rock player

You are bait

You are the one who will break the formations of the enemy

You are the one whose presence alone should create pressure for the enemy.

Hunt to kill

Haste kills everyone, so dont be hasty

When you see an opening, bring down your vicious fangs and tear into their flesh

The sword is your soul

I will not let my shield break!

The Mindset of a Scissors player

Your blade, my gun

I'll entrust you my gun, if you entrust me your soul

Did you just drop the soap?

The gun is stronger than the sword, until the sword is up your ass

I will not let my sword break!

Mindset of a paper player

The anchor

I am a single bullet

I will protect

A Blade? bullshit, I have DPS

Did you overpower my blade? So I took it, and threw it on the ground!

The shield protects the frail blade

Explanation of battlefield roles

Bait
Infighter
Nuke (glass cannon)
Guardian
Tank
Midrange DPS aka General Support
Support fire
Spec *****
Healer

Keep in mind that all mobile suits can play multiple roles! The vast majority of the suits are able to play all roles to an extent if needed! Also, as mentioned by hexi, you also have to look at both your and your enemies team comp. Sometimes certain roles are either not needed or impossible to play. And different roles are for different situations. This is something only experience can bring out.

Also keep in mind that I am personally someone who loves to play in a close combat environment, i can manual aim relatively well (now my hit ratio is up to around 80%), but i personally do not like to just sit back and shoot. This being said, feel free to contribute to this guide via corrections and additions. I am also willing to debate over things if you find or think that I am incorrect.

I will now proceed to explain all the roles, keeping in mind i might have forgotten some, remind me if i have.

Also, keep in mind that in a real rush, the infighters, midrange and long ranged suits are all very close together. If your whole team is rushing, make sure to wait so that the papers can catch up. Do not underestimate positioning in this case either. The most upfront will be the one autolocked onto by the other team.

Bait

Very, VERY useful. Bait is exactly as the name implies. You use yourself to bait your enemy into performing a certain role. Typically going after you and thus exposing their back.

Please note that bait is often is or possesses a secondary role. You are never only bait.

Infighter

The infighter is the brawler. The melee rock. You run in, beat the living shit out of things in close-mid range. This role typically requires someone who is sufficiently skilled in melee. Please note that infighters do not only use their swords! Guns should be used too if they are availible for your mobile suit! Keep in mind that not all infighters are tanks.

Often, if you try to tank, you will die. You are in cover on the front lines, coming out whenever you feel its safe to steal more prey. You are kind of like a small carnivorous mammal. You are slightly larger than the rat, and you can eat it. Though, if it is aware of you it can fight back and cause damage. You can also get eaten by hawks, etc.

Note that there is a subbranch of the infighter that is the hawk in the image. What you do here is simply play more sneakily, stay slightly furthur behind your front lines so that you dont get autolocked on right away and you can kill people who try to melee your team.

There are some suits that are specialized in close-mid range but do not play normally. These are cloak units. While you want to get in on the front lines, you play more like the subbranch of infighter where you try not to have someone locked onto you. In fact, unlike regular infighter units, which can cause pressure with their pressence, you are supposed to pressure with the lack thereof. Just assasinate. You can leave your team to go assasinate, but make sure you judge the safety first, and retreat without taking damage if possible. Note that if you are using something like DSHC you can also stay near a team mate and guard your team from melee once your cloak skill activates. Though this isn't even infighter anymore lol.

Infighter is often associated with bait and tank.

Nuke (glass cannon)

Honestly, there's not too much to say.

Dont be at the front of a rush. Be near the middle. Do as much damage as possible, take as little as possible.

You can hit really effing hard. Take advantage of that. You are the hawks on the battlefield. If you see prey, stay out of its sight but keep it in yours, and snatch it up.

associated with guardian and midrange dps/general support.

Guardian

Protect your team! Melee people meleeing your teamies! KD people meleeing them!

make sure they dont get pwnt by rushers!

Generally you should stay relatively out of sight.

associated with the nuke because these do this especially well.

Tank

Suits like SRC and dozle.

You are NOT a true tank. You cannot stand there and taking shittonnes of damage. however, you CAN take more damage than others. You can be really good at the front of a rush. You can still do damage.

Very often, you are an infighter.

However, there are midrange DPS suits like HAC and FA alex that are also tanks.

These suits should just play the role of a midrange dps normally, but you can be a bit more aggresive when you're team is rushing.

Midrange DPS aka General Support

Most sci and paper fall into this catagory. Shooting rocks do too.

often associated with nukes.

You play at the midrange, behind the rocks.

(incomplete)

Support fire
Spec *****
Healer

http://luciferseal.blogspot.com/ <--- click there for light novel project. Latest update: Volume 4 Released

Last edited by Ao; 10-11-2011 at 08:17 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-26-2011   #2 (permalink)
Ao
天使じゃない!
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Ao has a spectacular aura aboutAo has a spectacular aura aboutAo has a spectacular aura about

Post reserved in case I need space

http://luciferseal.blogspot.com/ <--- click there for light novel project. Latest update: Volume 4 Released

09-26-2011   #3 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAika OnlineLeague of Legends

Bng422 has a spectacular aura aboutBng422 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LostTheGame / Bng422 (NA)
Class: Mid-Range
Level: Blue ♦♦♦ / >>> (NA)
Guild: 카르페디엠 (KR) /Vanrawr (NA)

You forgot the "don't **** over you teammate" like kd the person he's meleeing when he's got a hit in or teleing after the guy risked his life to save you only to be 2v1ed cause you left.

Derp.
Game Count: 3344 Win Percentage: 65.85% Ranking: #15

09-26-2011   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Facebook Fan

altimore is on a distinguished road
IGN: ALTimore
Class: Master of Friendzone to_schoolgirl
Guild: O.M.F.G

Pretty good! Just a few suggestions tho.

I'd say there are still a few times when it's possible for you to break away from the main group and wreak havoc on the enemy team from behind. But it depends on how stupid the opponents are, and what suit you have.

Best to be done when your suit has a way to hide + a way to knock down + a way to dish out damage in a short amount of time. (Talkin bout you DSH) But even then, you gotta have some pretty good judgement, cause when you jump in, you have to be sure that your teammates will quickly follow and take advantage of the confusion you just caused. It's even better if for some reason, you're able to pull one of your teammates along with you while somehow, the rest of the group manages to distract the rest of the enemy team. I admit that it's a pretty high risk strategy, and one that REALLY, UTTERLY requires good coordination with your team, but it does give some pretty high returns when pulled off right. Sneak attacks can't be underestimated. XD

Also, add the role of mobile armors! While they're big sitting ducks in the hands of inexperienced players, if put in the proper hands (with the proper C/OC), and teamed with good players, they can be devastating.

09-26-2011   #5 (permalink)
捕獲神
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLa TaleLeague of LegendsElsword
Awards Facebook Fan

Asuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Elesis
Class: Sword Waifu lt_warrior
Level: 70
Xfire: Balgora

[11:55:53] Ao: just wrote a huge block of text on ggftw
[11:55:59] Ao: writing a guide to try and make people less stupid
[11:55:59] Ao: lawl
[11:56:16] Quant: yeah
[11:56:21] Quant: a huge block text
[11:56:31] Quant: that stupid people won't read
[11:56:33] Quant: gg Ao
[11:56:34] Quant: gg.
[11:56:39] Ao: lol

09-26-2011   #6 (permalink)
Ao
天使じゃない!
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by altimore
Pretty good! Just a few suggestions tho.

I'd say there are still a few times when it's possible for you to break away from the main group and wreak havoc on the enemy team from behind. But it depends on how stupid the opponents are, and what suit you have.

Best to be done when your suit has a way to hide + a way to knock down + a way to dish out damage in a short amount of time. (Talkin bout you DSH) But even then, you gotta have some pretty good judgement, cause when you jump in, you have to be sure that your teammates will quickly follow and take advantage of the confusion you just caused. It's even better if for some reason, you're able to pull one of your teammates along with you while somehow, the rest of the group manages to distract the rest of the enemy team. I admit that it's a pretty high risk strategy, and one that REALLY, UTTERLY requires good coordination with your team, but it does give some pretty high returns when pulled off right. Sneak attacks can't be underestimated. XD

Also, add the role of mobile armors! While they're big sitting ducks in the hands of inexperienced players, if put in the proper hands (with the proper C/OC), and teamed with good players, they can be devastating.
not done yet~ i'm going to add sections on specific types of units, etc later

09-26-2011   #7 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Games
League of LegendsSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryDragon Nest
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorFacebook Fan

Role has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant future
IGN: DestN

Vartio tactic works well. It does it's job 100% of the time.

09-26-2011   #8 (permalink)
Ao
天使じゃない!
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirei
Vartio tactic works well. It does it's job 100% of the time.
Isn't that when you get on your knees and suck the other guy off?

09-26-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Azngege will become famous soon enoughAzngege will become famous soon enough
IGN: AZNBEAST
Class: GUNDAM
Level: Double Silver Diamond
Guild: UVERFlag

the bright green text hurts my eyes x.x

09-26-2011   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Facebook Fan

altimore is on a distinguished road
IGN: ALTimore
Class: Master of Friendzone to_schoolgirl
Guild: O.M.F.G

Epic mindsets sound like something out of FSN.

Lawl

09-26-2011   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Chsal is on a distinguished road
IGN: Chsal
Level: Bronze Shield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azngege
the bright green text hurts my eyes x.x
^This.

You should add in there somewhere:
"TLDR : Don't be a ****ing idiot."

09-27-2011   #12 (permalink)
┬──┬ノ( -ノ)
Games
Kingdom of LoathingSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAudition 2Fiesta

Retune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really nice
IGN: Retune

Awesome! A guide on how to use common sense!

Repp'd you bro.

09-27-2011   #13 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterS4 LeagueFreeJackCabal Online

Kenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the rough
IGN: BusterX
Class: Brawler to_fighter
Level: ♦♦♦
Guild: Seven Swords 七劍(HK)/Synergy(TW)

This is actually a good guide.

00 Raiser, 00 7S/G, V2AB, Infinite Justice, HWS v, Master Fuunsaiki, God Fuunsaiki, SR Sazabi, Crossbone X1 Kai, X2 Kai, Harute (Final Mission Type) Stargazer, Crossbone X3, Sazabi

Upcoming projects: Arios Ascalon (100% Complete!), Crossbone X1 Skullheart (100% Complete!)

HIATUS AGAIN!
Playing PSO2
IGN - ホモゲーバスター
Ship 1 - Feoh

09-27-2011   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterCosmic BreakPerfect World

tehprognoob will become famous soon enough
IGN: Cynister(TW) MidBoss(KR)
Guild: O.M.F.G.

Useful. Very useful.
Arios Gundam (GNHW/M) Skill 1 Crossbone Gundam X3 OC3 DSTAT Deathscythe Hell Custom OC3 DSTAT Freedom Gundam (Meteor) C1 Infinite Justice OC5 Kyshatria OC3 Neue Ziel OC 4 Qubeley (Awakened) Ace Sazabi C2 Zeta Gundam (Awakened) OC 4

GG TW

09-28-2011   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

KirovReporting has a spectacular aura aboutKirovReporting has a spectacular aura about
Guild: exMachina

teamwork
noun
1. the act of trying to be the last one alive in a losing match
2. the act of using your teammates as bait(or not, doesn't matter if they're there or not) while you go in and reap the kills

that sums up my teamwork
as Mr Bushido put it: "I'm a one-man army"
couldnt care less about my team as long as i get my kills, which i do most of the time
i guess its cuz i play this game to destroy, not win
Pazabi OCEX Rau Dinn OCEX Rocknanju OC6 HiNu OC6 Scizabi OC6 HWS OC6 GundamMC OC6 BR Rezel OC6 Quess Doga OC6 Char Zaku OC6 Geara Doga OC6 Stark Jegan OC6 Wing EW OC6 NGC OC6 Scinanju OC5 ARPA OC5 BD3 OC5 007 OC5

^all gone/currently have *v*
Rezel OC6 BB senshi hyaku shiki OC6 Kaempfer OC6 Missile GINN OC6 Sinanju OC5 Zabanya SR Ace

09-28-2011   #16 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

^And then you complain about having a bad winrate.

| Adventus |

09-28-2011   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter
Awards Facebook Fan

Durandal is on a distinguished road
IGN: Noctus

Very useful guide, thanks!
Repped+

09-28-2011   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

mrlon3lyvn is on a distinguished road
IGN: LittleBot
Class: Smasher lt_warrior

Lead newbies to common senses. But its really big post. I suggest u change those green to blue, its hurt... a bit.

09-29-2011   #19 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoSora
Explanation of battlefield roles

Spec *****
;_;

Why the hatred?

09-29-2011   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmfx19a
;_;

Why the hatred?
I dunno, maybe cause he's a full on rock player and get hit by those alot.
I like your bacue though, it's a cute doggy.