ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   SDGO Guides (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-guides/)
-   -   Looking for some advice on a new water map in KR (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-guides/100853-looking-some-advice-new-water-map-kr.html)

Blizt 08-21-2011 12:14 AM

Looking for some advice on a new water map in KR

Recently I've been playing a few maps currently only existing in KR, one of them being that HUGE water map (Onogoro Island) is giving me great trouble...

For the record, I ALWAYS lose when this map is chosen, wait no, more like whenever this map is picked I instantly became a noob.

Sometimes when the enemy is standing on the middle part right in the open, so I jumped up and start shooting too, in the end only to lose all my boost and slowly, helplessly, dropped to the ground...if I could...(usually got killed before even touching ground >.>)

Weis who was playing me in that map said there seems to be way to use the "V descend" method, but I didn't find out how...

Also there seems to be some booster looking thing near the wall, are those usable or something?

Shameful to say, a few times when playing this map, using Freedom/S Zeta, I died twice less than 50 secs...Orz

Bng422 08-21-2011 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BliztForever (Post 1590200)
Recently I've been playing a few maps currently only existing in KR, one of them being that HUGE water map (Onogoro Island) is giving me great trouble...

For the record, I ALWAYS lose when this map is chosen, wait no, more like whenever this map is picked I instantly became a noob.

Sometimes when the enemy is standing on the middle part right in the open, so I jumped up and start shooting too, in the end only to lose all my boost and slowly, helplessly, dropped to the ground...if I could...(usually got killed before even touching ground >.>)

Weis who was playing me in that map said there seems to be way to use the "V descend" method, but I didn't find out how...

Also there seems to be some booster looking thing near the wall, are those usable or something?

Shameful to say, a few times when playing this map, using Freedom/S Zeta, I died twice less than 50 secs...Orz

Can't give you much advise since I suck balls on that map too, but there's a few things I can tell you.

The "V descend" method isn't the same V like in space. In space, you descend like MAs and descend relatively fast. In water, when you press V it accelerates your descend but at a much slower pace. Even if it is a tiny bit faster, those extra few seconds can save your life.

For the booster pads, you have to destroy something first. The things you have to destroy are some switch thing, which is located inside the middle square of the map. In order to access the inside of the map, you need to break the doors which are in front of your spawn. They take quite a bit of melee hits to break.

Once you're inside, you will see these blue and red lines. These lines are according to your booster pad color. In the middle, you will see 2 switches. Melee these switches (takes about 5 hits) to destroy them and unlock the booster pad for your spawn.

When you go on the booster pad, you will reach the top of the map which is 1/5 land. There you can use suits with good homings like Rau Dinn and Reborns to rain down on people.

Muffinz 08-21-2011 12:38 AM

^^ Activating the switch and ascending to the land part of the map is pretty much the best strategy for that map when playing in groups. It's what all zergs tend to when playing that map.

I think that map had a good concept and it would've really fun to play in that map had there been no water.

Me no like water T_T

Crimsonred 08-21-2011 12:40 AM

It's kinda like the water version of secret jungle base.
You control the top to win.
Cause water is that disadvantageous to play in.

Blizt 08-21-2011 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffinz (Post 1590207)
I think that map had a good concept and it would've really fun to play in that map had there been no water.

Well...I don't exactly hate it (funny thing, I hated Alaska's water map, yet felt nothing for this bigger one lol), it gives chance for those "underwater use ms" in the game (would be even better if these ms can V decent freely as long as in water)

Anyway, do you think that ppl will really pay attention if I tried to jump up there without using the booster? You know, using the w1 slash then switch weapon and repeat method (or using funnel).

I did that once, but it was in a 2v2, and eventually I was forced to come down because the V2A I'm facing kept staying in R mode...

Muffinz 08-21-2011 12:53 AM

I don't think its a very good idea to do it Blitz. From what I've seen, most suits who "float" in the water too long gets shot down pretty easily. You would just be an easy target for all the lazors and missiles, etc, etc.

Crimsonred 08-21-2011 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BliztForever (Post 1590214)
Well...I don't exactly hate it (funny thing, I hated Alaska's water map, yet felt nothing for this bigger one lol), it gives chance for those "underwater use ms" in the game (would be even better if these ms can V decent freely as long as in water)

Anyway, do you think that ppl will really pay attention if I tried to jump up there without using the booster? You know, using the w1 slash then switch weapon and repeat method (or using funnel).

I did that once, but it was in a 2v2, and eventually I was forced to come down because the V2A I'm facing kept staying in R mode...

When you get up you'll have like 0 boost.
So no.
Jumping in water takes more boost I think, that or you jump up a lower amt.
Booster is the best way since its so fast.

Uncharted 08-21-2011 01:46 AM

how to win on this map :
dominate the top part of the map

Crimsonred 08-21-2011 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimsonred (Post 1590208)
It's kinda like the water version of secret jungle base.
You control the top to win.
Cause water is that disadvantageous to play in.

Stop stealing my lines QQ

Blizt 08-21-2011 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimsonred (Post 1590238)
When you get up you'll have like 0 boost.
So no.
Jumping in water takes more boost I think, that or you jump up a lower amt.
Booster is the best way since its so fast.

I don't think it will cost all of my boost...
But, if getting to the top is the key, and the switch takes awhile to break, it shouldn't be that risky to jump up while most are breaking the door/gathering in the middle at the start?

Also, I know there's a ship on the water and it won't move, can that be destroyed too? Also what happens if you break that bomb looking thing in the middle? :/

Uncharted 08-21-2011 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BliztForever (Post 1590261)
I don't think it will cost all of my boost...
But, if getting to the top is the key, and the switch takes awhile to break, it shouldn't be that risky to jump up while most are breaking the door/gathering in the middle at the start?

Also, I know there's a ship on the water and it won't move, can that be destroyed too? Also what happens if you break that bomb looking thing in the middle? :/

at start always koreans rush the middle, the switches get destroyed and that enables the rupture of the booster lockers, then always somebody breaks the doors and they go up, certainly being on top wont make ur team win but it will help a lot, since u'll be firing targets practically since they will have no cover whatsoever

@melty
sorry didnt read the posts above :/

tehprognoob 08-21-2011 02:47 PM

Playing MAs or going into MA mode with transformable suits help because MAs descend faster in water.