ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO Events & Announcements

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-10-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

einyaki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default General Question and Answer

Again this thread is meant to be a posting ground for small questions that doesnt fall into any of the pre-posted threads.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-10-2009   #2 (permalink)
The Ordinary Witch uguuuu
Games
Cosmic BreakSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryMegaman Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Marisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Marisa
IGN: bippusuta
Class: Homing Spammer

Where do most English people hang out?

05-10-2009   #3 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

To avoid stupid questions such as "OMG WHAT DO I NEED TO BUILD THIS DD: D: D: D: D:" and "OMG WHAT SKILLS DOES THAT HAVE DD: D: D: D: D:"

SDGO WIKI use it.

05-10-2009   #4 (permalink)
The Ordinary Witch uguuuu
Games
Cosmic BreakSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryMegaman Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Marisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Marisa
IGN: bippusuta
Class: Homing Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metty
To avoid stupid questions such as "OMG WHAT DO I NEED TO BUILD THIS DD: D: D: D: D:" and "OMG WHAT SKILLS DOES THAT HAVE DD: D: D: D: D:"

SDGO WIKI use it.
Thank you! I never knew that site existed...I can finally prepare my Justice in advance..

05-11-2009   #5 (permalink)
kyubey☆bandwagon
Special
Games
MapleStoryDragon NestTrickster OnlineDC Universe Online

LiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud of
IGN: MewCharm
Class: Cleric lt_explorer
Level: 47
Guild: Scandalous

err.. always want to ask this question:

1) What's the damage difference between Hit, Smash, Critical, and Crash?
2) Let's see if I get this right. Hit is from the front. Smash is from the side? Ehhh.
3) I don't understand Crash. I see that often, but I don't know what it means. ._.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Oh yes, forget about Guard. :X

Last edited by LiLMewmew; 05-11-2009 at 01:41 PM.

05-11-2009   #6 (permalink)
Wei Wei~
Awards MoM Award

weissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to weissritter
IGN: Weibritter // Edelweis
Class: Lion / Gundams to_scientist
Guild: Symphony

from what I can see, smash counts when u miss a direct hit. Like a bomb landed on the side and it dealt smash dmg to a unit near it.

Hit is basically a direct Hit from the front.

Guard is hit to their shield and the damage is relatively lower than hit and smash.

Critical is from the back. Basically it should be 1.5x or a higher multiplier of the damage(I am not 100% sure on the multiplier)

Crash is... I never had one @_@ Usually I just see it from teammates.

05-11-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

SixShock will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by strumfuryx
Where do most English people hang out?
In the Korean verison. That would be a start.

05-11-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Signum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLMewmew
err.. always want to ask this question:

1) What's the damage difference between Hit, Smash, Critical, and Crash?
2) Let's see if I get this right. Hit is from the front. Smash is from the side? Ehhh.
3) I don't understand Crash. I see that often, but I don't know what it means. ._.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Oh yes, forget about Guard. :X
Hit: A hit, weaker than Smash
Smash: A hit, stronger than Hit
They seem to occur at random but there might be something deeper than that.

Critical: A hit/smash with 2x multiplier, so the damage still fluctuates

Guard: When hitting a shield. I recall it being half damage, but it seems to be less a lot of the times.

Crash: The shield has a certain amount of life and after it's used up, it'll break and you see a Crash sign.

Last edited by Signum; 05-11-2009 at 03:17 PM.

05-11-2009   #9 (permalink)
Wei Wei~
Awards MoM Award

weissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond repute

Question:

Is there a bug such as the beam rifle bug with Crit when done in a certain way and shot from the front(NOT BACK)?

05-11-2009   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by weissritter
Question:

Is there a bug such as the beam rifle bug with Crit when done in a certain way and shot from the front(NOT BACK)?
No, but there are certain angles that could get you a crit even if you're shooting from the front on some of the larger suits.

Some suits with a large melee weapon range can do criticals from the front or a little to the side at the right angle though.

05-11-2009   #11 (permalink)
Wei Wei~
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signum
No, but there are certain angles that could get you a crit even if you're shooting from the front on some of the larger suits.

Some suits with a large melee weapon range can do criticals from the front or a little to the side at the right angle though.
so it has to be at the right angle to shot a crit on psycho even from front eh?

no wonder than

Ok thanks for the reply

05-11-2009   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

funkmflex will become famous soon enoughfunkmflex will become famous soon enough

units like the cgue can crit from anywhere as well with the AP rounds ability

05-11-2009   #13 (permalink)
kyubey☆bandwagon
Special
Games
MapleStoryDragon NestTrickster OnlineDC Universe Online

LiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud of
IGN: MewCharm
Class: Cleric lt_explorer
Level: 47
Guild: Scandalous

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmflex
units like the cgue can crit from anywhere as well with the AP rounds ability
Did you ever read the wiki?
If not, here's the AP rounds ability:

No, its not crit from anywhere.

05-11-2009   #14 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

Quote:
Hit: A hit, weaker than Smash
Smash: A hit, stronger than Hit
They seem to occur at random but there might be something deeper than that.
A little add-on info, Smash usually appears when target's "head" has been hit. (you could try this out in practice field)
Also, rumor has it that Smash basically means 100% damage, while Hit means 80% or so damage; there is yet to have very accurate testing result tho.

05-11-2009   #15 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLMewmew
Did you ever read the wiki?
If not, here's the AP rounds ability:

No, its not crit from anywhere.
Yeah thats why red letters that say "critical" pop up when the AP skill procs. Same thing is done with the melee skill. The extra damage is for all intents and purposes a crit.

Last edited by Metty; 05-11-2009 at 07:16 PM.

05-11-2009   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

funkmflex will become famous soon enoughfunkmflex will become famous soon enough

no need to read the wiki when you know the ability :P

05-11-2009   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metty
Yeah thats why red letters that say "critical" pop up when the AP skill procs. Same thing is done with the melee skill. The extra damage is for all intents and purposes a crit.
These orange "criticals" are different from the regular blue criticals we see. The orange ones only add a small amount of damage. You can have blue criticals and orange at the same time if you're shooting someone in the back with a mg and you have the AP Rounds skill activated.

05-12-2009   #18 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold

There's 1 more missing: the Red Critical

It's not the red Critical you see with AP Rounds like from Cgue's MG, it can only be found when a sniper has Precise Sniping activated and hit enemy in the back; the damage applied would be x4...hax...D:

but I rarely see it...mainly because I don't have that kind of luck often when on my sniper, and you probably won't even see it if someone hit a Red Critical on you :/

05-12-2009   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BliztForever
There's 1 more missing: the Red Critical

It's not the red Critical you see with AP Rounds like from Cgue's MG, it can only be found when a sniper has Precise Sniping activated and hit enemy in the back; the damage applied would be x4...hax...D:

but I rarely see it...mainly because I don't have that kind of luck often when on my sniper, and you probably won't even see it if someone hit a Red Critical on you :/
The multiplier is somewhere closer to 3x than 4x. Otherwise, you would be able to 1hko C ranks too easily.

05-12-2009   #20 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games

Quote:
The multiplier is somewhere closer to 3x than 4x. Otherwise, you would be able to 1hko C ranks too easily.
well, maybe, I think it was x4 because Critical + behind should be x2 then x2...
but anyway, x3 or x4, it's hax enough, I remember one time I used GM Sniper Custom and hit a enemy with full health, I think I wipe about 3/4 of his HP off o_O