ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO Events & Announcements

Prius Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-28-2011   #5501 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

supersora is on a distinguished road

@Crimsonred: I dont know, how It could help me. I dont even understand, what he says and what those moves should be. Also the Link "SDGO Skill Tutorials" doesnt work.

And how should I look around the forum, when I dont even know what I should look after..

Last edited by supersora; 07-28-2011 at 12:30 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-28-2011   #5502 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterCosmic BreakPerfect World

tehprognoob will become famous soon enough
IGN: Cynister(TW) MidBoss(KR)
Guild: O.M.F.G.

Pick through threads and read. Looks up MCA tutorial on Youtube, etc.
Watch this video:

MCA (SS if you aren't circling an opponent with melee) is definitely the second most important skill for a general player, the most important skill for a rock-type player. (The most important in general being teamwork and good aim, manual or semiauto.) Look through the wiki for the new players' guide. They explain a lot of mundane things very clearly.
Don't have fun. Get the basic skills down and then have fun.
Arios Gundam (GNHW/M) Skill 1 Crossbone Gundam X3 OC3 DSTAT Deathscythe Hell Custom OC3 DSTAT Freedom Gundam (Meteor) C1 Infinite Justice OC5 Kyshatria OC3 Neue Ziel OC 4 Qubeley (Awakened) Ace Sazabi C2 Zeta Gundam (Awakened) OC 4

GG TW

07-28-2011   #5503 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

stray201 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersora
@Crimsonred: I dont know, how It could help me. I dont even understand, what he says and what those moves should be. Also the Link "SDGO Skill Tutorials" doesnt work.

And how should I look around the forum, when I dont even know what I should look after..
Dude, you're not putting any effort in here. Here's some homework: Read the first two pages of EVERY SECTION of this SDGO forum. Any time someone describes a "skill" (really more of a trick) like MCA or ZBS, take your best MS into the training room and practice it. I suck at MCA almost as hard as I suck at Dance Dance Revolution (just awful), but I can ZBS like a boss if I'm paying attention. Practice does that.

No one here wants to hold your hand and walk you through every single thing from A to Z. If you can't do some research and learn at least the basics from all the info posted across this forum, people are going to get tired of helping you very quickly. You'll find that the same thing applies pretty much everywhere in life.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehprognoob
Don't have fun. Get the basic skills down and then have fun.
Dead on. Getting good at anything competitive involves getting the crap kicked out of you repeatedly. I get the feeling Supersora's never tried any martial arts before, lol.

Last edited by stray201; 07-28-2011 at 01:02 PM.

07-28-2011   #5504 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

I dont get MCA and SS at all 0_o How is that **** possible? Its IMPOSSIBLE. I think I wont use Meeles anymore.

07-28-2011   #5505 (permalink)
G-Fortress
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterPhantasy Star Online 2Phantasy Star UniverseMini Fighter

Cypher15 is a jewel in the roughCypher15 is a jewel in the roughCypher15 is a jewel in the rough
IGN: MyzrDelta
Class: Visitor to_magician
Level: *>>>
Guild: -----

Dude, there's like over 2 pages of this thread dedicated to you and your inability to look for yourself. You owe the people who have helped you this much: Don't. ****ing. Quit. Melee. I try not to rage a whole lot, but I will admit that somebody like you deserves it.

07-28-2011   #5506 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

stray201 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersora
I dont get MCA and SS at all 0_o How is that **** possible? Its IMPOSSIBLE. I think I wont use Meeles anymore.
It's a trick. You trick the server into thinking you're doing something that you're actually not. You're playing with latency to pretty much create an optical illusion.

You don't need it. It helps, a lot, and people who CAN do it consistently will own you till you master it. That doesn't mean that you can't play melee without it, it just means that you probably need to give yourself a competitive handicap, like using a no-flinch MS like God Gundam, Master Gundam, or Neue Ziel.

If you want to get passable at melee, find a room where it's 6v6 on Gundam Fight map, points match, and just get in the mix. You're gonna get stomped initially. Get used to it, because even when you get decent you're always going to run into someone every now and then who's got your number and will lay you out like a skinny crackhead getting clocked by Mike Tyson.

BUT, try other styles of MS too. Maybe you're right, maybe rock oriented melee isn't right for you. Maybe you would prefer to own melee players with beam spam. Better get good at positioning yourself and learning the maps then, because most papers have crap boost and slow melee. Maybe you want to take out the guys that keep flashlighting your team's melee. Scissors are in the middle between paper and rock, they have ok melee and good ranged weapons usually, and their boost is also middle of the pack, but a lot of them get junked by good melee suits.

Bottom line is if you can't handle losing, getting owned, being outdone by players with better MS or suits that counter yours, this game might not be for you. Until you man up and get past your "waaah I can't stand losing" attitude, this will be my last post to help you. Frankly, I'll be surprised if that sentiment doesn't catch on with the other folks around here too. The personalities on this forum have an extremely low tolerance for laziness.

07-28-2011   #5507 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Chsal is on a distinguished road
IGN: Chsal
Level: Bronze Shield.

Quote:
I am sorry for not even being a decent player, please delete all my previous posts, it seems I am not fit to be even telling others of anything related to SDGO.
Ok I apologise. Maybe absolutely must is a bit extreme.

But in all honesty its an important skill to learn and I feel that if a person ever decides to play a melee suit they should learn it.

07-28-2011   #5508 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chsal
Ok I apologise. Maybe absolutely must is a bit extreme.

But in all honesty its an important skill to learn and I feel that if a person ever decides to play a melee suit they should learn it.
SS is a must to play SDGO decently.
It's so useful for boost conservation.

07-28-2011   #5509 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon SagaLegend of Edda

SereneSky is on a distinguished road
IGN: apricots // KaruLion
Class: Saint // Lion to_engineer

Just wondering, could someone clarify the difference between soon lock and semi-auto aiming?

07-28-2011   #5510 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterCosmic BreakPerfect World

tehprognoob will become famous soon enough
IGN: Cynister(TW) MidBoss(KR)
Guild: O.M.F.G.

I don't know if there is...what I do is autolock, press fire, and move the cursor up so that the moment firing animation ends, the rifle is pointed right at the target. Bad for using suits with differing firing speeds. Freedom rifle and Strike Noir just aren't the same.
(I always full-manual rifle a lot more in rock suits though == don't know why)
Arios Gundam (GNHW/M) Skill 1 Crossbone Gundam X3 OC3 DSTAT Deathscythe Hell Custom OC3 DSTAT Freedom Gundam (Meteor) C1 Infinite Justice OC5 Kyshatria OC3 Neue Ziel OC 4 Qubeley (Awakened) Ace Sazabi C2 Zeta Gundam (Awakened) OC 4

GG TW

07-28-2011   #5511 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehprognoob
I don't know if there is...what I do is autolock, press fire, and move the cursor up so that the moment firing animation ends, the rifle is pointed right at the target. Bad for using suits with differing firing speeds. Freedom rifle and Strike Noir just aren't the same.
(I always full-manual rifle a lot more in rock suits though == don't know why)
Strike noir basically uses a 2 shot Beam Machine gun.
Reloads fast, shoots fast.

07-29-2011   #5512 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

But Its impossible to do SS and MCA. I dont get how it works..and I looked at the tutorial 5 times. Also..melee seems to be bad for PvP. Example my last fight:

I played my Impact Gundam and had to face a Dynasis(I hope I wrote it right xD). He was firing at me, so I hide myself. As he reloaded I start to attack, but he fastly fly in the air. Okay, so I switch to my beam and want to shoot, but he fastly transform into his fighting mode and after 2 seconds, I was dead.

07-29-2011   #5513 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Chsal is on a distinguished road
IGN: Chsal
Level: Bronze Shield.

I assume you are talking about your Impulse, versus his AR Dynames.

Well, its no wonder you died. Hes a PAPER and you are a ROCK.

Just keep trying, except this time attack scissors suits and run away from papers.

Quote:
But Its impossible to do SS and MCA. I dont get how it works..and I looked at the tutorial 5 times. Also..melee seems to be bad for PvP.
Well... You don't have to learn it right now or anything, but the basic idea is:
After you slash, you notice theres a time when you can't move right? Its called melee-lag.
Thats a big problem because people like to kill you during that time.
So, theres a way to cancel that delay.
What you do is you switch to wep2 or 3 after your slash.
If you do it correctly then you will cancel the melee lag and be able to dash away.
It takes some practice, but its important if you want to play melee.

But if you don't want to learn it right now, thats fine. You can focus on your beam-skills instead. In fact, that might be a good idea. With the exception of Sword Impulse, Impulse is used to make Destiny and Akatsuki, both of which are range-based suits.

TLDR : Just keep trying.

07-29-2011   #5514 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

No, I was meaning, that everyone easely escape an meele attack and fastly attack before I can do something(hasnt do something with the meele-lag)

07-29-2011   #5515 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterS4 LeagueFreeJackCabal Online

Kenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the rough
IGN: BusterX
Class: Brawler to_fighter
Level: ♦♦♦
Guild: Seven Swords 七劍(HK)/Synergy(TW)

C2 B ranks. Do you guys still play your C2?

00 Raiser, 00 7S/G, V2AB, Infinite Justice, HWS v, Master Fuunsaiki, God Fuunsaiki, SR Sazabi, Crossbone X1 Kai, X2 Kai, Harute (Final Mission Type) Stargazer, Crossbone X3, Sazabi

Upcoming projects: Arios Ascalon (100% Complete!), Crossbone X1 Skullheart (100% Complete!)

HIATUS AGAIN!
Playing Phantasy Star Online 2
IGN - ホモゲーバスター

07-29-2011   #5516 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

I played a C2 Ahead until c1
For bushido's ahead

Last edited by Crimsonred; 07-29-2011 at 07:04 AM.

07-29-2011   #5517 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Games
League of LegendsSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryDragon Nest
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorFacebook Fan

Role has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant future
IGN: DestN

I delete c2 B ranks. C3 or go be 400g.

07-29-2011   #5518 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterCosmic BreakACE OnlineZero Online

Leongz has a spectacular aura aboutLeongz has a spectacular aura aboutLeongz has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Leongz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirei
I delete c2 B ranks. C3 or go be 400g.
^ This

07-29-2011   #5519 (permalink)
Raven
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterKingdom of Loathing

StrykerX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to StrykerX
IGN: StrykyX
Class: Raven lt_blader
Level: Derp
Guild: En Garde

@supersora
Probable reasons why you fail to melee correctly,
1)you dont SS/MCA
2)you lag superbly
3)you stop and then click, using melee boost to catch your targets. This is very bad because the slow startup of melee boost can and will slow you down. Best thing to do is click WHILE boosting to cancel melee boost startup animation and make a direct transition from boost to melee boost.
4)you melee only from ground. Attack at odd angles to catch people off guard and to improve hit rate.
5)you dont stick to the basic rule of "prey on the weak, gang on the strong" pick off the weak targets first before regrouping with team to take on the stronger ones(MAs etc.etc. for a rock suit, almost all high DPS papers)

@Schweizersabel
yup, but only one suit, Red Frame Kai, anything less rare that is C2 I can and WILL break

07-29-2011   #5520 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

C2 B rank have a use also!
Being used for mixing better suits! (or in sword impulse's case, making a fodder for a omnipotent suit)

@stryker
Agreed, casval gundam and rfk are so rare I don't care if it's c3 or not