ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community


Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO Events & Announcements

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

8.7

 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
04-25-2013   #101 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
pkemr4's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 366
iTrader: (0)
pkemr4 is on a distinguished road
IGN: NA: joshirosama
Level: 99
Guild: Oldtypes
Default

ive been kicked several times in random rooms for no reason.. i know the room rules and follow them (no doubles, no MA, etc) and i still get kicked. maybe its because oldtypes is on the kick on sight list for koreans? :/
__________________
SDGO NA IGN: joshirosama
SDGO KR IGN: Ristelle
SDGO TW IGN: joshirosama
 
Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-25-2013   #102 (permalink)
捕獲神
Asuna's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLa TaleLeague of LegendsElsword
Awards Facebook Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,055
Blog Entries: 2
iTrader: (0)
Asuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Elesis
Class: Sword Waifu lt_warrior
Level: 70
Xfire: Balgora
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng422
Yes, I am aware of the new registration. However, just because you're not Korean it doesn't mean you stole that info. I'm sure you can wrap your head around that.
I'm sure you can also wrap your head around that it is minor identity theft. I never said major. I'm sure GMs won't know, but what if the owner of the KSSN decided to kill your account? Nexon has been famous for having that, same for Hangame.

Why are you so sure that we can't be banned for being foreign? Just because a GM said so in the past, I'm sure the rules have changed. Since Netmarble adopted that new rule, it means registration is more secure and restricted to foreigners that were using KSSNs to plan.

Besides, one person already posted what I was going to post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef1218
Bng, you didn't get kicked doesn't mean it's safe for everyone.

How could he be so sure we were not Korean other than our clan? Yes we don't have Korean characters in our IGNs but that's not enough.
Just because you got like a few lucky breaks, doesn't apply to anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FonSpark
Does this mean Yanli can't create new kr account anymore?

In my limited knowledge, we generated random KSSN numbers to act as a child's account, so we aren't stealing any identity here.
KSSN don't work anymore, you have to use i-Pin now. There's no option for KSSN anymore.
__________________
SDGO: TW: Quantj KR: Rias NA: Quant
Elsword: NA: Edaina KR: Melodiana, Jillian
Current Interest: Puzzle and Dragons


Last edited by Asuna; 04-25-2013 at 12:36 PM.
 
04-25-2013   #103 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Bng422's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAika OnlineLeague of Legends
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada & Hong Kong
Posts: 4,108
iTrader: (0)
Bng422 has a spectacular aura aboutBng422 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LostTheGame / Bng422 (NA)
Class: Mid-Range
Level: Blue ♦♦♦ / >>> (NA)
Guild: 카르페디엠 (KR) /Vanrawr (NA)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuna
I'm sure you can also wrap your head around that it is minor identity theft. I never said major. Besides, one person already posted what I was going to post.

Quick question, if it does happen hat if you get banned, what are you going to do? Why are you so sure that we can't be banned for being foreign?



Just because you got like a few lucky breaks, doesn't apply to anyone else.
Go outside for once and meet some real Korean friends. It's not identity theft.

How many of us have actually been banned for being foreign? Blue lock isn't a ban. A ban = shutting down your account. You can lift a blue ban given you have the correct info and you are living in Korea. Go look at the 4/25 notice; those are the real bans, even if they are or 7 days or 30 days. You, of all people, should know what a ban is since you used hacks.

If I get banned? Continue with life? If they banned people for being a foreigner, they would've locked themselves in like Japan.


Quote:
Originally Posted by beef1218
Bng, you didn't get kicked doesn't mean it's safe for everyone.
That day, Valcard and I were in that room for many rounds. No one was lagging and we didn't say anything in public. Suddenly someone said "go home" and kicked us. How could he be so sure we were not Korean other than our clan? Yes we don't have Korean characters in our IGNs but that's not enough.

I don't want to migrate either. Could we have someone that knows Korean follow up in that Korean forum to monitor if things will get worse?
Andy, Ball is famous. People knew about Ball from a loooooooong time ago. That's a story for another time.

If people were making such a huge fuss about our clan, Fon and I would've been kicked for sure. How much of the sd population actualy use the forums? Not that much.

It's very easy to point out a non Korean player. I shouldn't need to elaborate on that.
__________________
00 Qan[T]
Game Count: 3344 Win Percentage: 65.85% Ranking: #15

Last edited by Bng422; 04-25-2013 at 12:40 PM.
 
04-25-2013   #104 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
pkemr4's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 366
iTrader: (0)
pkemr4 is on a distinguished road
IGN: NA: joshirosama
Level: 99
Guild: Oldtypes
Default

is kssn useless now for blue locks? and is yanli still doing the service where he gives you the account owners name and full kssn for 20$?
__________________
SDGO NA IGN: joshirosama
SDGO KR IGN: Ristelle
SDGO TW IGN: joshirosama
 
04-25-2013   #105 (permalink)
捕獲神
Asuna's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLa TaleLeague of LegendsElsword
Awards Facebook Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,055
Blog Entries: 2
iTrader: (0)
Asuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Elesis
Class: Sword Waifu lt_warrior
Level: 70
Xfire: Balgora
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng422
Go outside for once and meet some real Korean friends. It's not identity theft.

Go look at the 4/25 notice; those are the real bans, even if they are or 7 days or 30 days. You, of all people, should know what a ban is since you used hacks.
I do have Korean friends, thank you very much. And I don't ask for their SSN to play game. I thought friends aren't tools.

Remember, the rules have changed, you can't use past experiences. If you get blue locked, what if it asks I-Pin instead of KSSN? Even with the KSSN, you would be powerless to unlock it. And still Andy's posts answers most of the things you typed.

In the end, just stay low everyone. If blue lock comes, we'll see whether it is KSSN or I-Pin for unlock.
__________________
SDGO: TW: Quantj KR: Rias NA: Quant
Elsword: NA: Edaina KR: Melodiana, Jillian
Current Interest: Puzzle and Dragons


Last edited by Asuna; 04-25-2013 at 12:46 PM.
 
04-25-2013   #106 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
beef1218's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,193
iTrader: (0)
beef1218 will become famous soon enough
IGN: AndyX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng422
Andy, Ball is famous. People knew about Ball from a loooooooong time ago. That's a story for another time.
What's the story? I'm curious.
 
04-25-2013   #107 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Bng422's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAika OnlineLeague of Legends
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada & Hong Kong
Posts: 4,108
iTrader: (0)
Bng422 has a spectacular aura aboutBng422 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LostTheGame / Bng422 (NA)
Class: Mid-Range
Level: Blue ♦♦♦ / >>> (NA)
Guild: 카르페디엠 (KR) /Vanrawr (NA)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef1218
What's the story? I'm curious.
Skype.

But my point still stands: Not a lot of the total population use the forums. If our clan was really such a big deal, like OMG FOREIGNERS THIS IS KOREA -kick-, then we wouldn't be welcomed in every game. Nothing happened to Fon and I, so calm down people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuna
I do have Korean friends, thank you very much. And I don't ask for their SSN to play game. I thought friends aren't tools.
I don't care about how many Korean friends you have or using them as tools in a tool shed. You missed my point by a mile.

A friend letting you use his identity for a game is not identity theft. Apparently generosity doesn't connect for you in your head.
__________________
00 Qan[T]
Game Count: 3344 Win Percentage: 65.85% Ranking: #15

Last edited by Bng422; 04-25-2013 at 12:52 PM.
 
04-25-2013   #108 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Destiney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 531
iTrader: (0)
Destiney is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng422
It's very easy to point out a non Korean player. I shouldn't need to elaborate on that.
^. I mean... some of you lag a alot or atleast more than average, not saying all but many do.
E.g SDGais game where there was 3 people who was standing still on gais screen but he could still hit(?) them. That lag?
__________________
SDGO IGN: 냉혈과신앙 aka Zergie
I don't troll people. I just dont give them cookies.
 
04-25-2013   #109 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 329
iTrader: (0)
FonSpark will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurudov
They could writte to you something and no one of you two responed that's why they could know it. But still we don't know how long they know about us as foregin clan so that could be a problem to anyway...

And yes someone watching korean forum to see if things go worse would be great to.
I think someone has made a list to keep track of foreign clans in his korean forum. Hope people will let that list die along with time. But it's best to take a look at their forum to know what's going on.



Pkmr4: Not you, but your senior (Shasmir and maybe other clan members) spoke english in public. Or, while playing, people ask you something and you don't respond.
__________________
Web designer apprentice - freelancer
Accepting web applications development starting from October 2015
Preferred frameworks: PHP Symfony, AngularJS

Currently a gundam seed fangay

Hate Allelujah's
Master at nothing
Missed too many specs
Now Jesus Yamato fanboy
Korean f3g, NA f/-\g player
King of fail OC <= no longer true
Cute, sweet, too much derp
FonSpark(KR), Bonjour (HK), Feb(NA, SEA and other servers that I don't remember )
 
04-25-2013   #110 (permalink)
捕獲神
Asuna's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLa TaleLeague of LegendsElsword
Awards Facebook Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,055
Blog Entries: 2
iTrader: (0)
Asuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Elesis
Class: Sword Waifu lt_warrior
Level: 70
Xfire: Balgora
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng422
I don't care about how many Korean friends you have or using them as tools in a tool shed. You missed my point by a mile.

A friend letting you use his identity for a game is not identity theft. Apparently generosity doesn't connect for you in your head.
But I don't use them as tools and what you said is not generosity, it's more like someone begging to play a game.

You made me laugh, because if your "friend" lends his identity for a game, it's still identity theft, though minor. So you still are supporting my statement. This is some self-masochism for you, isn't it? This sounds like Mitt Romney all over again. Guess the argument is over.

Just going to repeat what I said.

Everyone stay on the look out and play safely like before. Just because there was a certain person who says Koreans don't care does not mean any of us would get any leeway.

Blue lock might really be the end, if i-Pin is required to unlock.
__________________
SDGO: TW: Quantj KR: Rias NA: Quant
Elsword: NA: Edaina KR: Melodiana, Jillian
Current Interest: Puzzle and Dragons


Last edited by Asuna; 04-25-2013 at 01:27 PM.
 
04-25-2013   #111 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Bng422's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAika OnlineLeague of Legends
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada & Hong Kong
Posts: 4,108
iTrader: (0)
Bng422 has a spectacular aura aboutBng422 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LostTheGame / Bng422 (NA)
Class: Mid-Range
Level: Blue ♦♦♦ / >>> (NA)
Guild: 카르페디엠 (KR) /Vanrawr (NA)
Default

[-----]

If your friend GIVES you his info so you can play a game, that is NOT identity theft. Identity theft is where you obtain the info ILLEGALLY (i.e. not informed) and use it for personal benefits. Please note that identity theft and identity fraud is a crime. Using your friend's ID (for a game, mind you) is not a crime in any way, unless you end up getting him fined in some way.

[-----]
__________________
00 Qan[T]
Game Count: 3344 Win Percentage: 65.85% Ranking: #15

Last edited by Torikakae; 04-27-2013 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Play nicely please
 
04-25-2013   #112 (permalink)
G-Fortress
Cypher15's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterPhantasy Star Online 2Phantasy Star UniverseMini Fighter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,963
iTrader: (0)
Cypher15 is a jewel in the roughCypher15 is a jewel in the roughCypher15 is a jewel in the rough
IGN: MyzrDelta
Class: Visitor to_magician
Level: *>>>
Guild: -----
Default

Shorty and I got kicked from a room too, I thought it was trivial (no 259, etc.). However, I hadn't fought one match there at all. I assumed it was because we were clannies, but never thought this would happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FonSpark
Xurudov/SDGai: I guess from your first message, you got 35 points from killing the same people 7 times, so they got mad or something like that. Your second message indicated his assumption that we aren't korean nor chinese.
I guess when you abuse things like lag, these things happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng422
[-----]
Sounds more like using your friends for an ulterior motive to me.
__________________

Last edited by Torikakae; 04-27-2013 at 07:03 AM.
 
04-25-2013   #113 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 329
iTrader: (0)
FonSpark will become famous soon enough
Default

Lol your room master was mean to Shorty&you lol. I even see a guy saying Sorry in english, and he gets kicked lol.
__________________
Web designer apprentice - freelancer
Accepting web applications development starting from October 2015
Preferred frameworks: PHP Symfony, AngularJS

Currently a gundam seed fangay

Hate Allelujah's
Master at nothing
Missed too many specs
Now Jesus Yamato fanboy
Korean f3g, NA f/-\g player
King of fail OC <= no longer true
Cute, sweet, too much derp
FonSpark(KR), Bonjour (HK), Feb(NA, SEA and other servers that I don't remember )
 
04-25-2013   #114 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterS4 League
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,000
iTrader: (0)
Zeomn is on a distinguished road
IGN: Raiven
Default

.... I guess I should play a few games for now and see what happens...

Last edited by Zeomn; 04-25-2013 at 04:50 PM.
 
04-25-2013   #115 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
iShorty123's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterPhantasy Star Online 2S4 LeagueSoldat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AMERICA FCK YEAH
Posts: 687
iTrader: (0)
iShorty123 will become famous soon enough
IGN: oiShortyo
Class: Rock and Scissor. to_warrior
Guild: Looking for one
Xfire: ursshorty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng422
[-----0
If your friend GIVES you his info so you can play a game, that is NOT identity theft. Identity theft is where you obtain the info ILLEGALLY (i.e. not informed) and use it for personal benefits. Please note that identity theft and identity fraud is a crime. Using your friend's ID (for a game, mind you) is not a crime in any way, unless you end up getting him fined in some way.

[-----]
What?........
__________________
TW IGN: iShorty
KR IGN: oiShortyo

Last edited by Torikakae; 04-27-2013 at 07:04 AM.
 
04-25-2013   #116 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Temjin747J's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 369
iTrader: (0)
Temjin747J is on a distinguished road
IGN: Temjin74
Level: Triple V
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng422
[-----]

If your friend GIVES you his info so you can play a game, that is NOT identity theft. Identity theft is where you obtain the info ILLEGALLY (i.e. not informed) and use it for personal benefits. Please note that identity theft and identity fraud is a crime. Using your friend's ID (for a game, mind you) is not a crime in any way, unless you end up getting him fined in some way.

[-----]
Who the hell gives someone their social security info as a favor to someone? I sure wouldn't give my friends my Social Security if they asked for it. But the other thing is Yanli's friends don't really know us...they're just giving yanli their KSSN to sell off since they have no use for it.
"Oh hey guy halfway around the world, want my social security info to play a game with big heads?"
"Sure guy from korea I'm getting off another guy from korea!"

Sounds kinda stupid doesn't it? Just saying.

And I haven't been kicked out of rooms yet or anything, or at least not more often than I normally am.
__________________

I like Virtual on ;0

Last edited by Torikakae; 04-27-2013 at 07:04 AM.
 
04-25-2013   #117 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Bng422's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAika OnlineLeague of Legends
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada & Hong Kong
Posts: 4,108
iTrader: (0)
Bng422 has a spectacular aura aboutBng422 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LostTheGame / Bng422 (NA)
Class: Mid-Range
Level: Blue ♦♦♦ / >>> (NA)
Guild: 카르페디엠 (KR) /Vanrawr (NA)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temjin747J
Who the hell gives someone their social security info as a favor to someone? I sure wouldn't give my friends my Social Security if they asked for it. But the other thing is Yanli's friends don't really know us...they're just giving yanli their KSSN to sell off since they have no use for it.
"Oh hey guy halfway around the world, want my social security info to play a game with big heads?"
"Sure guy from korea I'm getting off another guy from korea!"

Sounds kinda stupid doesn't it? Just saying.

And I haven't been kicked out of rooms yet or anything, or at least not more often than I normally am.
I have?

My friend, who we usually hang out together and he buys me drinks, food and other stuff out of pure generosity, wanted to try out Xbox Live for a month. I bought it for him using my own credit card. (There are no 1 months in Canada)

Note how his account now has my information and if he bills anything, the bill goes to me. Now is that identity theft? As long as he doesn't do anything suspicious or shady, like my bill going up to the thousands, it's not identity theft.

Which was what I was talking about earlier. If you ask a Korean friend if he can apply a game for you, how exactly would a GM know you stole that identity? They blue lock you when they get suspicious. Note how that blue lock isn't a permanent ban since you can remove it. Accounts usually don't get perma-banned for security information reasons. However, for obvious ones like a 70 year old KSSN being used to apply for SD, that's pretty self explanatory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuna
Another important thing that slipped past you is that if they really didn't care about foreigners, why did they switch to i-Pin for registration? It's a new protection to get over this minor identity theft problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng422
Yes, I am aware of the new registration. However, just because you're not Korean it doesn't mean you stole that info.
__________________
00 Qan[T]
Game Count: 3344 Win Percentage: 65.85% Ranking: #15
 
04-25-2013   #118 (permalink)
捕獲神
Asuna's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLa TaleLeague of LegendsElsword
Awards Facebook Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,055
Blog Entries: 2
iTrader: (0)
Asuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Elesis
Class: Sword Waifu lt_warrior
Level: 70
Xfire: Balgora
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng422
You have some shitty ass friends if that's what you consider begging. So what, if you want to borrow a game you consider that begging your friend to let you play his game? Wow.

If your friend GIVES you his info so you can play a game, that is NOT identity theft. Identity theft is where you obtain the info ILLEGALLY (i.e. not informed) and use it for personal benefits. Please note that identity theft and identity fraud is a crime. Using your friend's ID (for a game, mind you) is not a crime in any way, unless you end up getting him fined in some way.

Thanks for skimming out the important parts of what I said. Y'know, what the whole topic is about atm.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You gave me such a good laugh, I think this will be a joke topic from now on.

I should point out more major flaws in your argument, it's like you're comparing apples to dung.

You lose to my point again, what if it's i-Pin? Do your korean friends even know how to get i-Pin?

Be back later, need to laugh some more.
__________________
SDGO: TW: Quantj KR: Rias NA: Quant
Elsword: NA: Edaina KR: Melodiana, Jillian
Current Interest: Puzzle and Dragons


Last edited by Asuna; 04-26-2013 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Removing stuff :D
 
04-25-2013   #119 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Sandor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: SD, California
Posts: 355
iTrader: (0)
Sandor is on a distinguished road
Class: Sandor lt_warlord
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng422
Go outside for once and meet some real Korean friends. It's not identity theft.
Some logic you got there buddy. Do you even know the purpose social security numbers/cards work (and why they make them use it in the first place?) ...and yet you say that it isn't essentially a crime, as long as you don't get caught.

Too heavy of a guilty conscience playing those KR games huh?

Maybe you should go outside for once and get some common sense.

__________________

once and Always a member of Synergy
 
04-26-2013   #120 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 329
iTrader: (0)
FonSpark will become famous soon enough
Default

We need to stop this now before a mod intervenes.

As for guys who know each other outside of this forum, you can finish this debate using personal chat you know
__________________
Web designer apprentice - freelancer
Accepting web applications development starting from October 2015
Preferred frameworks: PHP Symfony, AngularJS

Currently a gundam seed fangay

Hate Allelujah's
Master at nothing
Missed too many specs
Now Jesus Yamato fanboy
Korean f3g, NA f/-\g player
King of fail OC <= no longer true
Cute, sweet, too much derp
FonSpark(KR), Bonjour (HK), Feb(NA, SEA and other servers that I don't remember )
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-events-announcements/121446-4-18-kr-april-update.html
Posted By For Type Date
Shouts | Secret Society This thread Refback 04-25-2013 11:06 PM

Pockie Ninja
Need a new browser game?

Try 

Pockie Ninja

Rating:  

8.3
Hide this banner by registering for our community.