ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO Events & Announcements

Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-14-2012   #41 (permalink)
The Ordinary Witch uguuuu
Games
Cosmic BreakSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryMegaman Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Marisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Marisa
IGN: bippusuta
Class: Homing Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng422
I haven't seen NA give out anything for free, but then again I don't hang out in NA at all so I dunno.
Free Rental S ranks.

Also, you can get HAC for free as of now doing a certain number of mathces in a row.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-14-2012   #42 (permalink)
捕獲神
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLa TaleLeague of LegendsElsword
Awards Facebook Fan

Asuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Elesis
Class: Sword Waifu lt_warrior
Level: 70
Xfire: Balgora

You know Vartio, I was being sarcastic and that was supposedly a rhetorical statement. Don't go all out and answer it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartio
Who's to say KR won't do this too? I did, again as mentioned above, -emphasize- on the word "INTRODUCED".

Retroactive defense does not make what they did back then right either. NA isn't right now, TW was not right then.

Irony was though TW offered -free- C3 AR ranks, KR makes them cash only, but hey, not the point.
Koreans do what? I thought they made the game? No way they'll do things ahead, we got to inform the "original game developers" about that!

Last edited by Asuna; 07-14-2012 at 08:58 PM.

07-14-2012   #43 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
Rumble FighterSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterCosmic Break

jawfin will become famous soon enough
IGN: Acguy
Level: low, about 10
Guild: none yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtype
read all of it and i want to ask you this

would you like to play in NA or TW with your all pals and new peeps from ggftw??
I miss TW immensely, but from what I've read, and from nearly every time I've logged on to TW (thanks Amazon VPN guide), no one from my friends list has been on.

Again, from what I've read, most old TW players have moved to KR and/or SEA.

While I've got an insane investment in my TW account, there's just no one I know there anymore, or so it has seemed each time I've checked.

In the NA server, I can at least convince some of my friends to go to an english website to signup, download and install the game.

There's no language barrier, and I don't have to worry about indiscriminate banning.

It's nice to be able to understand all the buttons and information on the publisher's website and clan page.

My son and I have actually been able to setup a clan. It's small (only 10 people right now), but our daily attendence has kept us around rank 60.

It's nice to be able to actually read and understand the events, and be able to submit a helpdesk ticket without using someone to try and translate.

So while I spent over a year on Taiwan, and usually dropped at least $100 a week for their constant events, the social factor is what's keeping me away.

I live in California. It just makes sense for me to play the NA version.

Maybe a lot of the other TW players lived elsewhere and were blocked from SDGONA. Maybe they don't want to use a version years behind what they were used to. Or maybe just the intense hatred for OGP has kept them away. I don't know.

I'm blocked from SEA, JP and TW. KR has it's own SSN issues that sounds like will be getting worse soon.

I can VPN in to SEA, but it's a new server, too.

TW doesn't have anyone I know anymore, and I can't even utter one english word on KR.

Again, it just makes sense for me to play the NA version.

Every once in a great while I'll see someone I recognize: Vaj, Alucius... but basically it's a bunch of new people on a new server learning a "new-to-them" game.

I know that this is a long answer to the simple question posed to me, but I wanted to fully explain myself: how it's not what I want, but what makes the most sense.

I hope to see some of you in SDGONA.

Thanks,

Jawfin
NA IGN: Gundam

07-14-2012   #44 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakSD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

Vartio has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerX

As for the topography argument....there is no topography in the internet
Found this late, silly edit ons
There is. NA Cannot play SEA. SEA cannot play NA. It's literally that simple. Then again I might have used the wrong phrase.

Last edited by Vartio; 07-14-2012 at 08:56 PM.

07-14-2012   #45 (permalink)
Raven
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterKingdom of Loathing

StrykerX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to StrykerX
IGN: StrykyX
Class: Raven lt_blader
Level: Derp
Guild: En Garde

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawfin
I miss TW immensely, but from what I've read, and from nearly every time I've logged on to TW (thanks Amazon VPN guide), no one from my friends list has been on.

Again, from what I've read, most old TW players have moved to KR and/or SEA.

While I've got an insane investment in my TW account, there's just no one I know there anymore, or so it has seemed each time I've checked.

In the NA server, I can at least convince some of my friends to go to an english website to signup, download and install the game.

There's no language barrier, and I don't have to worry about indiscriminate banning.

It's nice to be able to understand all the buttons and information on the publisher's website and clan page.

My son and I have actually been able to setup a clan. It's small (only 10 people right now), but our daily attendence has kept us around rank 60.

It's nice to be able to actually read and understand the events, and be able to submit a helpdesk ticket without using someone to try and translate.

So while I spent over a year on Taiwan, and usually dropped at least $100 a week for their constant events, the social factor is what's keeping me away.

I live in California. It just makes sense for me to play the NA version.

Maybe a lot of the other TW players lived elsewhere and were blocked from SDGONA. Maybe they don't want to use a version years behind what they were used to. Or maybe just the intense hatred for OGP has kept them away. I don't know.

I'm blocked from SEA, JP and TW. KR has it's own SSN issues that sounds like will be getting worse soon.

I can VPN in to SEA, but it's a new server, too.

TW doesn't have anyone I know anymore, and I can't even utter one english word on KR.

Again, it just makes sense for me to play the NA version.

Every once in a great while I'll see someone I recognize: Vaj, Alucius... but basically it's a bunch of new people on a new server learning a "new-to-them" game.

I know that this is a long answer to the simple question posed to me, but I wanted to fully explain myself: how it's not what I want, but what makes the most sense.

I hope to see some of you in SDGONA.

Thanks,

Jawfin
NA IGN: Gundam
I wonder how long you took typing all that.....Jokes aside, I wish you the best of luck in NA.
But really, we don't hate NA server, we just hte how OGP handles stuff. You know....c4 A ranks and all... Maybe cuz we are jut too used to TW and/or KR where it is more(not perfectly) balanced and suits aren't released in random order.

07-14-2012   #46 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
I wonder how long you took typing all that.....Jokes aside, I wish you the best of luck in NA.
But really, we don't hate NA server, we just hte how OGP handles stuff. You know....c4 A ranks and all... Maybe cuz we are jut too used to TW and/or KR where it is more(not perfectly) balanced and suits aren't released in random order.
Future Webcaps (TW)
Wing EW, Noir (which technically was released 'earlier' than on NA in terms of content for SEA)
Only HK hasn't screwed up with the "Random order" deal...

07-14-2012   #47 (permalink)
捕獲神
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Asuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
But really, we don't hate NA server, we just hate how OGP handles stuff. You know....c4 A ranks and all... Maybe cuz we are jut too used to TW and/or KR where it is more(not perfectly) balanced and suits aren't released in random order.
Word.

message too short

07-14-2012   #48 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games

Quote:
Yeah... the only reason I can think of OGP doing something so "outside of the rules" is that they're trying to give people who are spending real money a "value added" item, over what a "free point user" would be able to get.

Not really "pay to win", but just a recognition that "if you spend real, hard earned cash with us, we'll make something special available for you."

07-14-2012   #49 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

And most everyone on NA hates how SEA handles stuff. Badly.

NOTHING will -ever- trump C4 S-Ranks.

07-14-2012   #50 (permalink)
Raven
Games

Quote:
Future Webcaps (TW)
Wing EW, Noir (which technically was released 'earlier' than on NA in terms of content for SEA)
Only HK hasn't screwed up with the "Random order" deal...
I never uttered a single word about SEA server not being random, and TW future caps are what? 1-2 months ahead? and most of them are useable with points.

Last edited by StrykerX; 07-14-2012 at 09:16 PM.

07-14-2012   #51 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games

Quote:
And most everyone on NA hates how SEA handles stuff. Badly.

NOTHING will -ever- trump C4 S-Ranks.
Was the C4 S rank just a bug that was getting fixed, or is it a real, permanent thing?

I though I read a notice from CC about an update that was supposed to address the C4 S ranks problem, but I don't really follow the CC forum.

Jawfin

07-14-2012   #52 (permalink)
G-Fortress
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterPhantasy Star Online 2Phantasy Star UniverseMini Fighter

Cypher15 is a jewel in the roughCypher15 is a jewel in the roughCypher15 is a jewel in the rough
IGN: MyzrDelta
Class: Visitor to_magician
Level: *>>>
Guild: -----

C4 S Ranks were in the JP Server a long time ago.

-Just Saying-

07-14-2012   #53 (permalink)
Raven
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawfin
Was the C4 S rank just a bug that was getting fixed, or is it a real, permanent thing?

I though I read a notice from CC about an update that was supposed to address the C4 S ranks problem, but I don't really follow the CC forum.

Jawfin
Its a bug...apparently
If they dont fix it, fine. But I swear, if they keep it up for 1 more patch I going KR full time.
Anyone who thinks us TW migrants in SEA are loyal to CC needs more sense in them.

07-14-2012   #54 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Muffinz is on a distinguished road
IGN: muf8si
Guild: 카르페디엠

For the record, I believe that OGP isn't really doing a bad job as some of you make it up to be.

Like jawfin mentioned earlier, they seem to really be trying their best. They just don't do it in the direction that (most or some) people want them to be.

However, I do recognize that OGP needs to rectify some problems in their handing of the game.

For instance, more often than not, OGP releases mobile suits with half-assed, or not at all, balance changes such as Rau's Dinn and HWS.

Releasing such suits at a time where the meta barely has enough suits to counter these top tier suits is just a big no-no. Especially since players with enough luck and cash can easily obtain and level up these units to just own any room. It's unfortunate that OGP milks these "gacha units" for as long as they could.

Moreover, I noticed that the current meta and community makes the learning curve in the game rather steep. In both PVP channels, I noticed that just about everyone (from what I saw, there are no Non OC or Non-"Specific Unit" rooms) uses highly oc'd units or game breaking suits(sometimes even both) that make it harder for many newcomers to get used to (or even like) the game. It also doesn't help that many players have awful and even arrogant attitudes online.

Other than that however, OGP does try very hard to reward players with ingame and real life prizes. They sometimes offer GunPla prizes (which I have won once e..e) on facebook occasionally and offer many events that usually offer ingame point prizes or sometimes ABC units. My friends and I often log on to our accounts with a 3k to 5k point gift(s) lol. And we very rarely play this server.

Their decision to let players gain points from any channel wasn't a bad idea as well considering that there aren't as many rooms in Expert channel as there is in Beginner channel.

Furthermore, it really isn't constructive to just post unnecessary troll comments like "SDGO NA's going to the toilet" or the like on every thread about SDGO NA. Some users do enjoy playing that server here in ggftw and perhaps even converse about it in such threads. Leaving such bad comments is just in bad taste.

Last edited by Muffinz; 07-15-2012 at 03:35 AM.

07-15-2012   #55 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAdventure Generation Online

AmuroRay will become famous soon enough
IGN: atlc0
Class: supporter\cross boner :D
Level: Silver Diamond & Three Silver Diamonds

MAF GO BACK TO KR NOWZ!!!

what you say makes sense

the only thing that makes me say that NA is going to end fast is putting HWS this early some would say its not early but it is, since there is no good counter for it and that thing doesn't teach new players the skills needed to play in S rank rooms or anyother type of room......and its the buff'ed HWS so that really makes it wrong for me

07-15-2012   #56 (permalink)
捕獲神
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtype
MAF GO BACK TO KR NOWZ!!!

what you say makes sense

the only thing that makes me say that NA is going to end fast is putting HWS this early some would say its not early but it is, since there is no good counter for it and that thing doesn't teach new players the skills needed to play in S rank rooms or anyother type of room......and its the buff'ed HWS so that really makes it wrong for me
You might as well tell OGP to put in 00 gundam then 00 Raiser next patch.

07-15-2012   #57 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Odds are the next SS Rank is Infinite Justice it seems. They've been following KR fairly tightly, excluding HWS's exact release time...

07-16-2012   #58 (permalink)
捕獲神
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Vartio, I noticed that topic of yours in OGPlanet got tl;dr'd and closed, waste of time?