ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO Events & Announcements

Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-18-2012   #41 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterCosmic BreakPerfect World

tehprognoob will become famous soon enough
IGN: Cynister(TW) MidBoss(KR)
Guild: O.M.F.G.

But it not having actual Fortress...

Does that mean its DEF C/OC gains will be normal now? It's technically not Fortress anymore.
Arios Gundam (GNHW/M) Skill 1 Crossbone Gundam X3 OC3 DSTAT Deathscythe Hell Custom OC3 DSTAT Freedom Gundam (Meteor) C1 Infinite Justice OC5 Kyshatria OC3 Neue Ziel OC 4 Qubeley (Awakened) Ace Sazabi C2 Zeta Gundam (Awakened) OC 4

GG TW

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-18-2012   #42 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

KirovReporting has a spectacular aura aboutKirovReporting has a spectacular aura about
Guild: exMachina

it still is fortress
S The-O's defense increase with skill 2 is fortress-level
and it thus gets the def penalty in oc
Pazabi OCEX Rau Dinn OCEX Rocknanju OC6 HiNu OC6 Scizabi OC6 HWS OC6 GundamMC OC6 BR Rezel OC6 Quess Doga OC6 Char Zaku OC6 Geara Doga OC6 Stark Jegan OC6 Wing EW OC6 NGC OC6 Scinanju OC5 ARPA OC5 BD3 OC5 007 OC5

^all gone/currently have *v*
Rezel OC6 BB senshi hyaku shiki OC6 Kaempfer OC6 Missile GINN OC6 Sinanju OC5 Zabanya SR Ace

01-18-2012   #43 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Jaen has a spectacular aura aboutJaen has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Falathar
Class: Scissors, Rocks, Paper

Probably no one else cares about B ranks but...

range nerf potentially ruins BR Rezel, turns it into a one dimensional suit orz.

Also, scissors in general will be harder to play now, shorter range = more exposed to rocks in order to do damage.

01-18-2012   #44 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaen
Probably no one else cares about B ranks but...

range nerf potentially ruins BR Rezel, turns it into a one dimensional suit orz.

Also, scissors in general will be harder to play now, shorter range = more exposed to rocks in order to do damage.
More like, back to how it was supposed to be, not easy mode.

01-18-2012   #45 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonred
More like, back to how it was supposed to be, not easy mode.
As stated above, game will go back to camping papers, being protected by scissors and rocks. It's not any harder, just less active and more boring imo.

Also, by normalizing the ranges of so many suits to one value it makes the game less interesting.

Match tactics will shift to more generalized tactics for fighting types rather than fighting specific suits. I'll grant that it's a lot easier to balance the game but suits lose a lot of their unique flavor like Unicorn's long range game. Now things like a beam magnum just turns into a standard beam rifle with a slightly fatter beam...

01-18-2012   #46 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

KirovReporting has a spectacular aura aboutKirovReporting has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
As stated above, game will go back to camping papers, being protected by scissors and rocks. It's not any harder, just less active and more boring imo.

Also, by normalizing the ranges of so many suits to one value it makes the game less interesting.

Match tactics will shift to more generalized tactics for fighting types rather than fighting specific suits. I'll grant that it's a lot easier to balance the game but suits lose a lot of their unique flavor like Unicorn's long range game. Now things like a beam magnum just turns into a standard beam rifle with a slightly fatter beam...
it will be harder or more boring depending on what suits you have on the team
a team composed of HWS, HAC, S qub, pazabi will prolly end up boring, while a team like F91, X3, S zeta, and 00R will be prolly more exciting than the first
Pazabi OCEX Rau Dinn OCEX Rocknanju OC6 HiNu OC6 Scizabi OC6 HWS OC6 GundamMC OC6 BR Rezel OC6 Quess Doga OC6 Char Zaku OC6 Geara Doga OC6 Stark Jegan OC6 Wing EW OC6 NGC OC6 Scinanju OC5 ARPA OC5 BD3 OC5 007 OC5

Rezel OC6 BB senshi hyaku shiki OC6 Kaempfer OC6 Missile GINN OC6 Sinanju OC5 Zabanya SR Ace

01-18-2012   #47 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLeague of Legends

AixE is on a distinguished road
IGN: ZenoN8
Class: Gorilla lt_knight
Guild: MARZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirovReporting
it will be harder or more boring depending on what suits you have on the team
a team composed of HWS, HAC, S qub, pazabi will prolly end up boring, while a team like F91, X3, S zeta, and 00R will be prolly more exciting than the first
I think what Fala is trying to say is the tug-of-war scene(or trench warfare meta) is back in the game.

01-18-2012   #48 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

lolno

the trench warfare is long gone now

unless its paper vs paper

01-18-2012   #49 (permalink)
Raven
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterKingdom of Loathing

StrykerX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to StrykerX
IGN: StrykyX
Class: Raven lt_blader
Level: Derp
Guild: En Garde

Quote:
Originally Posted by AixE
I think what Fala is trying to say is the tug-of-war scene(or trench warfare meta) is back in the game.
with funnel and flashlight range nerf, unlikely....

it was waaaayyyyy more like trench warfare when everyone can shoot everyone from across the map

01-19-2012   #50 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

TBH it's probably not a huge deal on KR (which is now IP blocked anyway ffffff) where players tend to want to be aggressive.

But on TW where camping is already the dominant strategy when this patch hit TW the game will basically be like ye old British warfare.

01-19-2012   #51 (permalink)
Raven
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterKingdom of Loathing

StrykerX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to StrykerX
IGN: StrykyX
Class: Raven lt_blader
Level: Derp
Guild: En Garde

Quote:
TBH it's probably not a huge deal on KR (which is now IP blocked anyway ffffff) where players tend to want to be aggressive.

But on TW where camping is already the dominant strategy when this patch hit TW the game will basically be like ye old Spartan warfare.
fixed

01-19-2012   #52 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Facebook Fan

pikachuwei is on a distinguished road
IGN: akzubeth
Level: Bronze Diamond

Well unicorns magnum still has same range as s rank beam zooms besides f91s one and it has bigger hotbox and less firing lag

01-19-2012   #53 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Vandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the rough

After actually looking into Char's Gelgoog and having a video recorded for me, care of Delta I can say I'm ecstatic about this patch.

HP 13.8 -> 14.4
Def 15.3 -> 18.3

Is pretty huge, especially with the ammo reload on the stunbeam being lowered to 5 seconds per shot. Hopefully with the other tweaks being fairly substantial, this patch when our respective servers get it will greatly improve the metagame.

01-19-2012   #54 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAika OnlineLeague of Legends

Bng422 has a spectacular aura aboutBng422 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LostTheGame / Bng422 (NA)
Class: Mid-Range
Level: Blue ♦♦♦ / >>> (NA)
Guild: 카르페디엠 (KR) /Vanrawr (NA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandol
Hopefully with the other tweaks being fairly substantial, this patch when our respective servers get it will greatly improve the metagame.
So which server do you play now, Vandol?

I'm assuming NA, but I've seen you online sometimes in TW o..o"
Game Count: 3344 Win Percentage: 65.85% Ranking: #15

01-19-2012   #55 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Vandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the rough

Pretty much all the servers. I've been lending out my account to some friends who wanted to see content ahead of time on TW, and on NA I've been mainly focused on competitive SDGO since that would, and will never happen on KR for us foreigners. I've been trying to knock myself back in the mood for TW, but the general play attitude combined with our natural lag and high oc / cheap suit selection of TW players makes it hard to enjoy it for a few games. Like a friend of mine remarked when we were both playing, it's disheartening when a person in Rau can literally carry a room, yet play worse then a new NA player right when they swap to K-Ball or another suit.

The other reason why I've never been interested in playing in TW, is the staggered release schedule on top of S rank milking. While the gachas are a good deal for newer players, if you have an accrued collection, it's hard to justify the entry fee when most of the suits are recycles that you already possess but Wasabii deems as profitable. However, if NA goes down a terrible road and ruins the S rank releases, or staggers out the content releases, I'll probably give TW a harder look.

TLDR: Playing NA with a sidefocus on TW BNG, though with the current state of the 3 main servers, things are set to change at any real moment.

01-19-2012   #56 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAika OnlineLeague of Legends

Bng422 has a spectacular aura aboutBng422 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LostTheGame / Bng422 (NA)
Class: Mid-Range
Level: Blue ♦♦♦ / >>> (NA)
Guild: 카르페디엠 (KR) /Vanrawr (NA)

I see. I do agree with you that when people use naturally game wrecking rooms like Rau Dinn, SR Dendro, and the likes people become godlike. But when they switch to a more basic suit, say GNX-IV, it feels like a completely different person playing...

Like I made a non-OC room to train my GNX-IV... the people playing the suits had no idea what they were doing and felt like I was playing in noob channel.

Well, I wish you luck in NA. I'm probably not gonna start in NA because it would be the 4th time I start a new account, and I'm not motivated to do so =/

See yeah later~
Game Count: 3344 Win Percentage: 65.85% Ranking: #15

01-19-2012   #57 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

I've played SDGO for 4 years, and have had 5 accounts over the length of it. 2 on KR, 1 on JP, 1 on TW, 1 on NA, and I can say its' just one of those things where you'll feel like creating an new account when there's justifiable reason. For you who has played on TW for so long, there isn't much reason to move over to a server like NA as of just yet. Similar player base, less suits, same business model so where's the incentive?

For both of us, our positions could switch easily, especially with how young NA is at current. If they get their stuff together when it comes to S ranks, and actually releases things in order as opposed to TW, then it becomes a justifiable endeavor. Though if OGPlanet milks as hard as Wasabii in TW's infancy, then the choice is clear for me, as well as you being that TW will be the superior server.

While we both may have different servers at current, it doesn't entail that it'll be that way forever. Given a few months we may be playing alongside each other instead of different servers as of this moment.

01-19-2012   #58 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLeague of Legends

AixE is on a distinguished road
IGN: ZenoN8
Class: Gorilla lt_knight
Guild: MARZ

Quote:

But on TW where camping is already the dominant strategy when this patch hit TW the game will basically be like ye old British warfare.
Yea, this is what I am saying It's already happening in TW right now. And tbh, I am a trench-warfare guy, so I am fine with that. (Scissors player*winks*)

Last edited by AixE; 01-19-2012 at 05:15 AM.

01-19-2012   #59 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games
MapleStorySD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineZero Online

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Strikegundam
IGN: Natsume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng422
I see. I do agree with you that when people use naturally game wrecking rooms like Rau Dinn, SR Dendro, and the likes people become godlike. But when they switch to a more basic suit, say GNX-IV, it feels like a completely different person playing...
personal experience huh?

01-19-2012   #60 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandol
While we both may have different servers at current, it doesn't entail that it'll be that way forever. Given a few months we may be playing alongside each other instead of different servers as of this moment.
I actually don't see any real reason for English players to play TW over KR, to be honest. I won't be playing TW myself if not for me knowing the language.