ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO Events & Announcements

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (4) Thread Tools Display Modes
10-20-2011   #201 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

That's why I just decided to shut my trap about newbies and low skill people. Unless they're people who think they're I'M BETTER THAN NEWBS!!! while their skill level are the same. Selective trolling, really. I only troll people I hate.

| Adventus |

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-20-2011   #202 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAika OnlineLeague of Legends

Bng422 has a spectacular aura aboutBng422 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LostTheGame / Bng422 (NA)
Class: Mid-Range
Level: Blue ♦♦♦ / >>> (NA)
Guild: 카르페디엠 (KR) /Vanrawr (NA)

What I don't get is why people who are "good" at this game lets everyone know they are good.

Why can't they keep it to themselves? Set some goals for yourself? Wouldn't that be more satisfying?
Game Count: 3344 Win Percentage: 65.85% Ranking: #15

10-20-2011   #203 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Vandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the rough

Meh it's not even that.

A person is less likely to take advice from someone who treats them like crap and constantly screams about how they're the superior player, and more likely to pay attention to someone that actually treats them like a human being. For all this crying about skill levels on TW, it seems counterproductive to alienate everyone.

People need to realize that, and I say this for both communities, when you act as a veteran or someone that's experienced. For most new players you represent that entire community. It's why when KR trolled the hell out of TW, it was just a few people. And yet despite it being just a few people TW mistrusted KR players for the longest time and would instantly turn hostile at first mention of the latter.

Even for someone like me that tries to approach situations even handed, it made actually getting the community to open up to me fairly difficult. Ordinarily someone should not have to play with people off of a forum to show they aren't a terrible person in order to be taken remotely seriously. And this is a similar situation we are looking at should things continue as they are.

I think that if people are serious about wanting a good community from the get go. We need to focus on presenting ourselves as good players, and patient human beings. And actually offer them constructive criticism and even take the time out of our day to pull those receptive aside and try to teach them advanced tactics / ideas personally. Even if they don't personally grasp it completely, for any new player the idea of veterans actually caring and looking out for you is something that encourages you to stay on a game and bring friends.

And with a niche property like Gundam, in english, getting people to actually stay will be very important. Especially with many veterans off KR, TW, HK, and any other SDGO server weighing if they want to bring focus off of what they already have and start from scratch.

10-20-2011   #204 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of

Most people that claim they're the strongest are ***gots (like me)

But some, they do have a goal. To seek a stronger opponent. So they boast in hopes of somebody taking the challenge and fulfilling it. Of course, not many area like that, but people like that exist.

Also, I gave up teaching people because I have a streak of teaching people and make them into terrible players somehow (like vart and melt)

| Adventus |

10-20-2011   #205 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAika OnlineLeague of Legends

Bng422 has a spectacular aura aboutBng422 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LostTheGame / Bng422 (NA)
Class: Mid-Range
Level: Blue ♦♦♦ / >>> (NA)
Guild: 카르페디엠 (KR) /Vanrawr (NA)

Well, it all depends on how the person is giving criticism.

I started my game from learning someone that constantly gave criticism and negative comments, but he did it in a way that I could understand.

I find the people who give good criticism are the ones that make you want to best them or play on the same level with them. The people who just blantly screams "SUCK LESS" don't have a good influence on people at all. The people that says "SUCK LESS... but blah blah blah" are the ones that are the ones with good criticism.

And I agree; SDGO population is slowly dying and we shouldn't do stuff that makes new players leave. Like this forum, for example, someone entirely new comes ask a question. I usually answer a few of those, but when he starts asking about everything I tell him to be more independent. Instead of just saying "Stop asking dumb questions go away" which makes the "veterans" here look like they don't tolerate new players.
Game Count: 3344 Win Percentage: 65.85% Ranking: #15

10-20-2011   #206 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Vandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the roughVandol is a jewel in the rough

Not even teaching people, just help them with quests or give them advice.

SDGO is no different then any other MMO. You are generally more willing to give a MMO a chance if someone offers to help you with quests, give you resources, or spare some time even with something as trivial as adding you as a friend. And SDGO like every MMO is slow in the beginning and only gets good after a few days.

Right now the forums are worthless, but we need to focus on damage control for the people that lurk and don't post. And actually make us seem like decent human beings. After that Shifty, we have full picks on the player base. All of them speak english, all of them share interests, and we aren't constrained to a handful of players we have to essentially take despite whatever major shortcomings they may have.

It's my hope, and perhaps even dream, that we grab the best and brightest of the players we encounter and get them to maintain interest in the game. It's no different then a breeding project. We're looking for the players with the best qualities, in order to minimize the undesired traits and maximize the ideal traits. Hopefully by doing this we'll actually get a overall base that's closer to KR in growth, and not so much near what HK or TW currently is at. (I hope no one is offended by this, if so I am sorry.)

10-20-2011   #207 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng422
Instead of just saying "Stop asking dumb questions go away" which makes the "veterans" here look like they don't tolerate new players.
I'm trying to stop myself from doing that. After all, I understand how newbies don't know what to do in the first place anyway. They can't search something they don't know, and even if they lurk more, they wouldn't know where to start.

I really think that NA SDGO will be like gunz. When someone that's from kr/tw/hk already knows the ss/mca/qs and stuff, someone is bound to follow. And there will be people who won't learn it just like gunz.

Now, if the publisher is not OGP, I'd go and observe. So I'll just sit on my ass in TW, because I'm too lazy to rebuild and do something. Or play TF2.

| Adventus |

10-20-2011   #208 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandol
People need to realize that, and I say this for both communities, when you act as a veteran or someone that's experienced. For most new players you represent that entire community. It's why when KR trolled the hell out of TW, it was just a few people. And yet despite it being just a few people TW mistrusted KR players for the longest time and would instantly turn hostile at first mention of the latter.
Well said, I especially agreed with the quoted part...even though I now do play KR sometimes, but being originally started as a TW player, I still have some of those negative feeling you mentioned toward KR player :/

Honestly, I never thought about trolling the new player in NA...I only thought about how chatting in game is gonna be so much easier and fun...and beside, I'm not even good to be a troll lol, lately I found myself constantly losing, most of the time I only won because I used OP or high OC suit...

Anyway, it would be sad if veteran players or even this forum leave a bad impression on the new players, maybe some of the veteran ppl here should go troll too--trolling those who was trying to troll the newbies lol

Last edited by Blizt; 10-20-2011 at 01:44 AM.

10-20-2011   #209 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisaragi
Most people that claim they're the strongest are ***gots (like me)

But some, they do have a goal. To seek a stronger opponent. So they boast in hopes of somebody taking the challenge and fulfilling it. Of course, not many area like that, but people like that exist.

Also, I gave up teaching people because I have a streak of teaching people and make them into terrible players somehow (like vart and melt)
The only thing you taught me was that there was a place to hide in colony fall....
I learnt from ryuma.....
As much as I could.

The only thing I have a real grudge is KR server itself, not the players in general.
I never forgot being kicked 10 times in a row by just entering a room.

Last edited by Crimsonred; 10-20-2011 at 01:47 AM.

10-20-2011   #210 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games

Well, currently, our face of SDGO board here is "IF YOU DON'T KNOW GO SEARCH = =" thanks to the effort of a certain somebody.

Yeah.

Also melt, is that not teaching? Its still teaching. Not to mention the thousand small things before that like how2rush and taking cover. And while I did teach about the spots, I don't see you practicing it anyway, and play like I don't teach anything. Not my loss, so I'll just wait for a person worth teaching my ways to.

| Adventus |

Last edited by Kisaragi; 10-20-2011 at 01:47 AM.

10-20-2011   #211 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Well, currently, our face of SDGO board here is "IF YOU DON'T KNOW GO SEARCH = =" thanks to the effort of a certain somebody.

Yeah.

Also melt, is that not teaching? Its still teaching. Not to mention the thousand small things before that like how2rush and taking cover. And while I did teach about the spots, I don't see you practicing it anyway, and play like I don't teach anything. Not my loss, so I'll just wait for a person worth teaching my ways to.
I don't play DSH/DSHC.
No reason to do that when I play support = =.
By the way, did so many people actually teach vartio?
I heard like 3 different people taught him already...

10-20-2011   #212 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games

Right.

I did not only teach hiding places, but routes and how not to play certain maps. You think its just for DSH/DSHC? supporters can play the hiding place as traps and melee-breakers. I did not just teach Colony Fall. I taught most common maps except Neo China, because I didn't like that map. When I say you're a terrible player, I mean it.

Just you being selective and not turning advice into something more. At least now I feel what's it like when a teacher teaches something and people don't listen anyway. And they say I'm mean and evil. Well, whatever. If people want to listen to advices, I'd give them. If they "listen" and then do nothing? Not my loss.

That's why I won't ever be like you scholars of KR. Nobody listens.

| Adventus |

Last edited by Kisaragi; 10-20-2011 at 01:57 AM.

10-20-2011   #213 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
Right.

I did not only teach hiding places, but routes and how not to play certain maps. You think its just for DSH/DSHC? supporters can play the hiding place as traps and melee-breakers. I did not just teach Colony Fall. I taught most common maps except Neo China, because I didn't like that map. When I say you're a terrible player, I mean it.

Just you being selective and not turning advice into something more. And they say I'm mean and evil. Well, whatever. If people want to listen to advices, I'd give them. If they "listen" and then do nothing? Not my loss.
I do use the rush routes, but it's like during the time you never see me play now.
Because you quit, remember?

10-20-2011   #214 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games

Yeah.

Just like when you're a terrible passive rock and terrible support anyway, routes mean shit when you forget the team or don't know how to play your MS. That's why I hate being in a team with you, you do jack shit to the team. That's why I prefer other English players like Reva, Andy, Kenny, and even Bng.You're all bark, but no show. You want to play with better players, yet you can't break people your own play level. Don't tell people this and that when you yourself aren't much different.

Just 'cause I quit doesn't mean I don't have alts. I quit, but I do come on when I have nothing to do.

| Adventus |

Last edited by Kisaragi; 10-20-2011 at 02:14 AM.

10-20-2011   #215 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Chsal is on a distinguished road
IGN: Chsal
Level: Bronze Shield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandol

I'm probably gonna play between TW and NA.

Especially with those practically free S rank quests. All I need is Destiny :3.

10-20-2011   #216 (permalink)
Oukacon.
Games
Grand ChaseTrickster OnlineCosmic BreakGrand Fantasia
Awards Pervert Award

Reinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Reinshiki
IGN: Reinshiki
Class: Amy, Arme, Ryan and Mari.
Level: What's the point? GC now so easy.

Hrm. If Singapore is region-blocked then, oh well.

- Winners never quit, and quitters never win. But people who never wins and never quits, are idiots.
- To save yourself unnecessary trouble, read the forum rules.

10-20-2011   #217 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Screenshot of the Week Winner

setsuko has a little shameless behaviour in the past
IGN: Setsuko
Level: Brigadier General
Guild: LoliMoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ao
i'm going to play this

make Synergy again

troll the shit out of nubs

bad guy detected

10-20-2011   #218 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterCosmic BreakACE OnlineZero Online

Leongz has a spectacular aura aboutLeongz has a spectacular aura aboutLeongz has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Leongz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng422
I started my game from learning someone that constantly gave criticism and negative comments, but he did it in a way that I could understand.
Sounds like someone I know.

Anyway, I myself have made many mistakes in the past.
Some that I shouldn't have and could easily be avoided if I took the right action.
However, what is already passed is over.
I've moved on and will just AVOID repeating the same mistake like what I did in the past.

10-20-2011   #219 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterCosmic BreakPerfect World

tehprognoob will become famous soon enough
IGN: Cynister(TW) MidBoss(KR)
Guild: O.M.F.G.

Eh, am thinking of making a noobs' guide there like the ones here (a compilation of the basics, mindset, units and their uses, etc)

I mean, not everyone is a *** like Apester.
Arios Gundam (GNHW/M) Skill 1 Crossbone Gundam X3 OC3 DSTAT Deathscythe Hell Custom OC3 DSTAT Freedom Gundam (Meteor) C1 Infinite Justice OC5 Kyshatria OC3 Neue Ziel OC 4 Qubeley (Awakened) Ace Sazabi C2 Zeta Gundam (Awakened) OC 4

GG TW

10-20-2011   #220 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Games
League of LegendsSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryDragon Nest
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorFacebook Fan

Role has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant future
IGN: DestN

God, shit occurred while I was sleeping. I'm not going to go to NA just to troll people. I always wanted an English Server in forever so when it is finally happening, I'm going there. And anyway I'm just going to troll Kira because he is too trollable. You can't not troll him.

Btw my first post means that they'll hear me raging at them for being bad not trolling them =)