League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-26-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

ChaosMatrix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ChaosMatrix
Default Idea for a Fanfic

Title : Unknown as of yet. Im pretty terrible with coming up with names.

Premise: A fanfiction based on SDGO, the game we all love and play

Story: Earth, or one very much like it, engulfed in decades of war. Fighting and death is the only thing its inhabitants had known. It all started and a very beginning of what was supposed to be the earth federation, an idea that was aimed to stop famine and the constant conflicts between nations over earth's diminishing resources caused by overpopulation and bring peace upon the earth. However, a simple act of terrorism destroyed any hopes of peace for this earth and without the earth federation, nations continued their conflicts, escalating into a world war with no end in sight.

Entire countries where either destroyed or assimilated by more stronger ones and even superpowers like the US and the UK faced total collapse, their resources almost spent on the war and facing civil unrest within as their citizens were on the verge of civil war, driven by desperation as famine ran rampant all across the globe. humanity was consumed by hatred and thus they did whatever possible to sabotage one another, the result, space colonies never happened, mobile suits were never developed. But that did not stopped other more inhuman weapons from being created.

That all changed in a single moment, when during a battlefield a new weapon was tested, one that was meant to totally destroy their enemies but maybe by chance, maybe by fate, instead when the weapon went off, it tore open the fabric of space for a moment and from it, fell something that gave humanity hope, a Gundam.

Humanity paused in its march of war, scientist from all over the world stopped developing means to kill one another and congregated upon where the Gundam emerged and the discovery that changed the mind of humanity was announced. There were other worlds like their own, parallel earths, each with their own history. Those who went to explore these worlds were called travelers and these in turn returned with tales of these worlds and the gundams that existed in them as well as new technologies.

Gundams became a symbol of wonder and hope and thus humanity broke off the chains of war and joined together, new technologies came that improved the lives of the battle torn countries, the threat of decease and famine was eradicated, but still conflict reigned.

Haunted by the shadow of war and suffering during the long decades humanity endured, the leaders of man came together and agreed in a way to solve conflicts between nations and entities without resorting to war and a pact was formed, taking advantage of the tales of the parallel earths' gundams, it was decided that conflicts would be solved in duels between teams of mobile suit pilots and so travelers went forth to gain schematics on the different earths and what in time became known as the capsule fighters was born.

Special designated fields on different parts of the globe were separated for use in these gladiatorial matches and a ruling council was chosen to oversee the rules governing the fights. The first capsule fighters were sponsored by corporations but in time privateers joined and as technology progressed and humanity enjoyed peace, many of those that in the past developed weapons for destruction now moved on to develop technologies for capsule fighters.

One of the first was that in which Capsule fighter took its name came from, as teams needed to quickly moved towards their designated battlefield, they moved to space and many lived either in their own private ships or in space stations orbiting earth. One of the rules of the matches, was that the field to be used was not announced until the time in which the match was to take place, as to avoid tampering or sabotage. The mobile suits participating where then launched from space towards the earth, to survive reentry, each unit was encased in a protective energy field called capsule, instead of being sent in an actual psychical contraption that could damage the field, endanger the pilot or contaminate the earth with debris.

The setting of this story takes place two decades after the birth of capsule fighting. Humanity still enjoys peace and capsule fighting has become a sport of sorts although those who participate in it understand the seriousness and necessity of capsule fighting, as many disputes are solved in these matches.

Each team is composed of 3 parts. The capsule fighter which pilots the mobile suit, the crew that maintains, repairs and in many cases, mans the ship in orbit and finally what many considers the most important part of each team, the traveler, the one who ventures into the parallel worlds in search of technology and mobile suit schematics for the capsule fighters, it is a dangerous job as it often involves infiltrating governments or the military of that world and many never return.

By this time the council has a good library of mobile suits to provide to starting teams but most of the more powerful suits are very rare as many are either prototypes or were developed in secrecy. Those teams who manage to get their hands on such units are often considered the elite, hired for top dollar, the most famous amongst all capsule fighters. All units are built by the team in which they are used and can be modified up to a certain point as per the rules governing capsule fighting.

The story centers around a young capsule fighter who inherited what was left of his father's team after his death, a capsule fighter of some renown who mysteriously died during a match, and must put together again his father's old crew, his aim, to become the best capsule fighter and surpass his father. The only remaining unit in his father's old hangar, an astray red frame and with it he must face the challenges of capsule fighting.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-26-2011   #2 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

wow it's CMX...!!

(giving my comments later after I read this...text of wall >w<|||)

"Gundams became a symbol of wonder and hope"
^^^ When I read this I can't help but fix it to "Gundams became the fake symbol of wonder and hope"...but anyway, my real thought:

Pretty interesting setting, this is somewhat like the new Gundam ZXA manga...

People traveled to other parallel universe to obtain technology or ms's info...some returned, most other did not...

I suggest that you can add another setting - that the technology or info obtained are not always completed.

So you could have say this guy stole the info of Nu Gundam, but because certain parts/technology's info were missing, it actually could lose to, errr, GM in UC0079's lol (perhaps other traveler stole more complete data on GM and other technology to upgrade it)

2 questions here though:

- Will the battle only takes place on Earth? Is there possibility that the battle field would be set in space sometimes? (would be a shame if it didn't)
- Are you gonna write the fanfic yourself or just suggesting idea and setting? =]

Last edited by Blizt; 07-26-2011 at 05:59 PM.

07-26-2011   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterCosmic BreakPerfect World

tehprognoob will become famous soon enough
IGN: Cynister(TW) MidBoss(KR)
Guild: O.M.F.G.

we should make a fanfiction subsection...
Arios Gundam (GNHW/M) Skill 1 Crossbone Gundam X3 OC3 DSTAT Deathscythe Hell Custom OC3 DSTAT Freedom Gundam (Meteor) C1 Infinite Justice OC5 Kyshatria OC3 Neue Ziel OC 4 Qubeley (Awakened) Ace Sazabi C2 Zeta Gundam (Awakened) OC 4

GG TW

07-26-2011   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

ChaosMatrix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ChaosMatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BliztForever
wow it's CMX...!!

(giving my comments later after I read this...text of wall >w<|||)

"Gundams became a symbol of wonder and hope"
^^^ When I read this I can't help but fix it to "Gundams became the fake symbol of wonder and hope"...but anyway, my real thought:

Pretty interesting setting, this is somewhat like the new Gundam ZXA manga...

People traveled to other parallel universe to obtain technology or ms's info...some returned, most other did not...

I suggest that you can add another setting - that the technology or info obtained are not always completed.

So you could have say this guy stole the info of Nu Gundam, but because certain parts/technology's info were missing, it actually could lose to, errr, GM in UC0079's lol (perhaps other traveler stole more complete data on GM and other technology to upgrade it)

2 questions here though:

- Will the battle only takes place on Earth? Is there possibility that the battle field would be set in space sometimes? (would be a shame if it didn't)
- Are you gonna write the fanfic yourself or just suggesting idea and setting? =]
Well thats the thing, is not like they went there one day and magically got Nu's plans fer instance. Its a process that takes time, for one, they first need to figure out what they want to get and how to get it, since its mostly military hardware is not like they can just waltz in a base and get what they want. They would also need to reverse engineer whatever they cannot find.

Like the setting says, its been 2 decades since capsule fighting started and a little longer since parallel worlds were discovered and even after all that time, there are very few S-rank suits in the story. Also bear in mind that most scientific minds turned towards examining what was discovered in the parallel worlds, which also aids in the speed in which the information is processed and developed.

About space, thats actually a good point, remember that humanity is just now emerging into space, instead of having several space colonies around the place due to the decades of war. But having a match on the moon does sounds interesting.

I plan to write it myself, might need help coming up with names, since I totally suck at that. I got all the personalities and back story for most characters of the story, just have like zero names for it.

07-26-2011   #5 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosMatrix
I plan to write it myself, might need help coming up with names, since I totally suck at that. I got all the personalities and back story for most characters of the story, just have like zero names for it.
Bumping for a fellow clan-mate.

If you need any help, feel free to ask.

07-26-2011   #6 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterS4 LeagueFreeJackCabal Online

Kenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the rough
IGN: BusterX
Class: Brawler to_fighter
Level: ♦♦♦
Guild: Seven Swords 七劍(HK)/Synergy(TW)

We totally need a fanfic section. I've been itching to write one as well.

00 Raiser, 00 7S/G, V2AB, Infinite Justice, HWS v, Master Fuunsaiki, God Fuunsaiki, SR Sazabi, Crossbone X1 Kai, X2 Kai, Harute (Final Mission Type) Stargazer, Crossbone X3, Sazabi

Upcoming projects: Arios Ascalon (100% Complete!), Crossbone X1 Skullheart (100% Complete!)

HIATUS AGAIN!
Playing PSO2
IGN - ホモゲーバスター
Ship 1 - Feoh

07-27-2011   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlineRising Force OnlineLuna Online
Awards Facebook Fan

OMGHAX is on a distinguished road
IGN: OMGHAX/Scythe0fDeath
Class: Berserker
Guild: SDGO HK: 七劍

Do want!!!!!11111

Last edited by OMGHAX; 07-27-2011 at 12:25 AM.

07-27-2011   #8 (permalink)
Raven
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterKingdom of Loathing

StrykerX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to StrykerX
IGN: StrykyX
Class: Raven lt_blader
Level: Derp
Guild: En Garde

me wants to write one too lolx.....but after im free of course

07-27-2011   #9 (permalink)
┬──┬ノ( -ノ)
Games
Kingdom of LoathingSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAudition 2Fiesta
Awards Facebook Fan

Retune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really nice
IGN: Retune

Go for it, fellow fanfic writer

07-27-2011   #10 (permalink)
G-Fortress
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterPhantasy Star Online 2Phantasy Star UniverseMini Fighter

Cypher15 is a jewel in the roughCypher15 is a jewel in the roughCypher15 is a jewel in the rough
IGN: MyzrDelta
Class: Visitor to_magician
Level: *>>>
Guild: -----

It's a very good premise, but if we were to include the protagonist in our own stories, would we have a name for us to use? Or shall he simply be called "The boy" for the sake of both simplicity and ease of access?

If I'm reading all of this correctly, I assume that since Capsule Fighters travel to different worlds for different technologies, then we can write about them coming into contact with familiar elements of the various universes in the Gundam Metaverse? I've never written a fan-fic before, but this Idea intrigues me.

07-27-2011   #11 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

Another idea/suggestion for you:

Make it that when the "Capsule System" is activated, the field will make the blur the appearance of the suit inside (perhaps blurry white like a real capsule? XD); of course, some suits' identities can't be hidden too well due to their smaller size (ex: F91) or larger size (ex: GP03D).

So it's kinda like in game's/real life's capsule, sometimes you don't really know what's inside it until it came out =]

And maybe you can have some teams using some tactic related to this to deceive their opponents about what suits they're using.

P.S. honestly, your "capsule system" is so interesting, that I'm kinda itching to write a story with your setting, perhaps a story that happens in another parallel world or something xD

Last edited by Blizt; 07-27-2011 at 09:19 PM.