08-05-2011   #441 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Awards Facebook Fan

iPwn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho
It's shark week :v
Explain....

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-05-2011   #442 (permalink)
Ao
天使じゃない!
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLuniaDragon NestElsword
Awards Facebook Fan

Ao has a spectacular aura aboutAo has a spectacular aura aboutAo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Ao
Class: Rock lt_templar
Level: Double Silver
Guild: Synergy

ignore him, he's a troll~

I'll go check application right now, well, between death matches

btw the practice was filled really quickly =X

edit: approved

http://luciferseal.blogspot.com/ <--- click there for light novel project. Latest update: Volume 4 Released

Last edited by Ao; 08-05-2011 at 08:09 PM.

08-05-2011   #443 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

xdgod is an unknown quantity at this point

IGN:Trillkil
Prefered name:arch
Prefered suit type(s):rock
Playing style:not sure
Time Zone:GMT+8
Playtimes:TW morning

08-05-2011   #444 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
Rumble FighterSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterCosmic Break

jawfin will become famous soon enough
IGN: Acguy
Level: low, about 10
Guild: none yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoSora
btw the practice was filled really quickly =X
I hope it was productive, constructive and error reductive.

Jawfin

P.s. surf & turf at Blue Bayou was delicious, fireworks were very nice, and feet are mostly blisters. Aaaah, Disneyland!!!

08-05-2011   #445 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterS4 LeagueFreeJackCabal Online

Kenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the rough
IGN: BusterX
Class: Brawler to_fighter
Level: ♦♦♦
Guild: Seven Swords 七劍(HK)/Synergy(TW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisaragi
I wholeheartedly agree.

In pubs, there is no such thing as teamwork and stuff. Pubs are a proof you can stand up on your own.
Well, there is. Depends on the players you're playing against/with. Higher-ranked players in here has epic teamwork. They move as one, taking out the opposition in the shortest time possible. Sure there is the matter of individual skill, but teamwork is more of knowing your role and performing it properly rather than solo rushing like a boss.

I doubt one person with skill can survive an attack from 3 people with equal or greater skill. I've played more than enough games to know that even legit red stars can fall against a group of diamonds that know how to work together. Same goes for blue badges/red stars that work in organized teams to stomp strong opponents.

Random team deathmatch works wonders.

00 Raiser, 00 7S/G, V2AB, Infinite Justice, HWS v, Master Fuunsaiki, God Fuunsaiki, SR Sazabi, Crossbone X1 Kai, X2 Kai, Harute (Final Mission Type) Stargazer, Crossbone X3, Sazabi

Upcoming projects: Arios Ascalon (100% Complete!), Crossbone X1 Skullheart (100% Complete!)

HIATUS AGAIN!
Playing PSO2
IGN - ホモゲーバスター
Ship 1 - Feoh

08-05-2011   #446 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

That's not really teamwork if you rely on one man working everything, that's called carrying a game.

Pubs: Either you do shit yourself and hope that everyone else know what they're doing, or you lose

Legit blue stars here don't work together, they diminish people with their sheer skill.

There is a difference between "teamwork" and "multiple people doing what they usually do and kill stupider players". In pubs, you don't "work together". You only have yourself to worry about.

| Adventus |

Last edited by Kisaragi; 08-05-2011 at 11:30 PM.

08-06-2011   #447 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games

Kenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
That's not really teamwork if you rely on one man working everything, that's called carrying a game.

There is a difference between "teamwork" and "multiple people doing what they usually do and kill stupider players". In pubs, you don't "work together". You only have yourself to worry about.
I did not say anything about one person carrying the game. And lol at your definition of "not teamwork", it's the same thing. It also applies to "multiple people doing what they usually do and kill skilled players because they are awesome as fk".

Maybe the mindset of players differ in HK and TW. In HK, teamwork is a priority among players. Cover for each other otherwise you'll be fighting a solo game later on.

No matter what you say, "not working together" and "worrying only about yourself" is a flawed idea. People need to worry not only themselves, but their team mates as well. There is greater strength in solid numbers, and not just your individual edge.

I would post more but I'll just leave it at that. You know how it is with us. I've shared my words, so I'm done here.

00 Raiser, 00 7S/G, V2AB, Infinite Justice, HWS v, Master Fuunsaiki, God Fuunsaiki, SR Sazabi, Crossbone X1 Kai, X2 Kai, Harute (Final Mission Type) Stargazer, Crossbone X3, Sazabi

Upcoming projects: Arios Ascalon (100% Complete!), Crossbone X1 Skullheart (100% Complete!)

HIATUS AGAIN!
Playing PSO2
IGN - ホモゲーバスター
Ship 1 - Feoh

08-06-2011   #448 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAika OnlineLeague of Legends

Bng422 has a spectacular aura aboutBng422 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LostTheGame / Bng422 (NA)
Class: Mid-Range
Level: Blue ♦♦♦ / >>> (NA)
Guild: 카르페디엠 (KR) /Vanrawr (NA)

Quote:

Pubs: Either you do shit yourself and hope that everyone else know what they're doing, or you lose

Legit blue stars here don't work together, they diminish people with their sheer skill.

You talking about yourself? Self compliment much?

Anywho, say you have 1 good guy and 3 dumbasses. Shouldn't the 3 dumbass help the good guy? You can't let the good guy solo by himself. No matter how good one person is, he won't win against 4 other guys.

So what do you do? Work together. You play pubs, you adapt to different people's playstyles.
Game Count: 3344 Win Percentage: 65.85% Ranking: #15

08-06-2011   #449 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of

I'm a three bar. I'm not talking about myself. I'm talking about other monsters. Just like how a lone Sword Calamity today went from alone to winning. Against 4 people, including me, some with 2 lives. Don't be a ***got and jump to conclusions about who I'm talking about. Even I'm talking about "legit", my old account isn't a legit blue star as I dived here and there in a minority of my matches.

"The 3 dumbasses SHOULD do x". But the fact is, they don't do it.

I play pubs, I don't adapt myself. I just play how I do. I kill because I want to. It isn't exactly easy to sync with people I can't even talk to or not knowing what they're doing in the first place.

Yes, of course people need to look after each other. But pubs, people don't do that. Of course there's strength in numbers. Tell me, how the **** do you cover for someone if they go alone into the wild, trying to be a hero and fighting the whole enemy team themselves? It'll be fine if they can escape, with a kill or two, but that's usually not the case.

When I can't help people, its best I start helping myself first and do shit. If I die, then I'm already a deadweight. My only concern every game is to help myself and survive. Only by surviving I can do something about the team.

Miracles happen sometimes. People can do something out of the blue if they do it hard enough. That includes winning even if they're outnumbered. Quality > Quantity.

| Adventus |

Last edited by Kisaragi; 08-06-2011 at 12:55 AM.

08-06-2011   #450 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLeague of Legends

AixE is on a distinguished road
IGN: ZenoN8
Class: Gorilla lt_knight
Guild: MARZ

[QUOTE=Schweizersabel;1582798]

Maybe the mindset of players differ in HK and TW. In HK, teamwork is a priority among players. Cover for each other otherwise you'll be fighting a solo game later on.

The mindset of good players in HK or TW are generally the same. The only difference is TW players will have the tendency to put their pride and skills(which normally is their melee skill) before team play in pubs. Which is sad, really.

08-06-2011   #451 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games

Quote:

Yes, of course people need to look after each other. But pubs, people don't do that. Of course there's strength in numbers. Tell me, how the **** do you cover for someone if they go alone into the wild, trying to be a hero and fighting the whole enemy team themselves? It'll be fine if they can escape, with a kill or two, but that's usually not the case.
I do that sometimes when I feel like Chuck Norris haha.

I dunno lol. How often does miracles happen? I wouldn't count on it. I would much rather save my team mate than flee because I need to survive. In fact, we all need to survive. If the situation permits it, try and save your team mate. It's less frustrating that way. Flee when there's absolutely NOTHING you can do to save someone.

I'm talking about the probable, not miracles. We all try hard enough here, there's no doubt about that.

Quality in numbers > Solo Quality > Quantity > No Quality at all

So here, have a penguin.

HIATUS AGAIN!
Playing PSO2
IGN - ホモゲーバスター
Ship 1 - Feoh

08-06-2011   #452 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games

Yes, that's of course the best. Quality and Quantity together is the perfect combination.

I only save someone if:
1. It doesn't endanger me
2. Its a good trade-off (2 people or 3 for the price of 1)
3. The mate I'm saving will survive after me saving him, its useless to save someone just to prolong the inevitable

I don't like to be a realist. Probability can suck my balls. I'm a pirate, I take it all. I always bet even if the chances are 0.001%. I'll do whatever I can think to screw probability back to savage times.

| Adventus |

Last edited by Kisaragi; 08-06-2011 at 01:14 AM.

08-06-2011   #453 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games

Quote:
Yes, that's of course the best. Quality and Quantity together is the perfect combination.

I only save someone if:
3. The mate I'm saving will survive after me saving him, its useless to save someone just to prolong the inevitable

I don't like to be a realist. Probability can suck my balls. I'm a pirate, I take it all. I always bet even if the chances are 0.001%. I'll do whatever I can think to screw probability back to savage times.
Other than being a pirate, those things that you mentioned are the very foundations of teamwork that I am talking about.

I'm glad we had this talk, and now I must continue my writing.

Synergy people, stay cool. You can overcome anything if you put your minds into it.

HIATUS AGAIN!
Playing PSO2
IGN - ホモゲーバスター
Ship 1 - Feoh

08-06-2011   #454 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

Quote:

I only save someone if:

I hate how in KR I try to save my teammate and he uses tele just so nicely so that I die. (was you today leongz, amazing tele which cost me a life)

Last edited by Crimsonred; 08-06-2011 at 01:52 AM.

08-06-2011   #455 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterCosmic BreakACE OnlineZero Online

Leongz has a spectacular aura aboutLeongz has a spectacular aura aboutLeongz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonred
I hate how I KR I try to save my teammate and he uses tele just so nicely so that I die.
Was that me ?

08-06-2011   #456 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweizersabel
Other than being a pirate, those things that you mentioned are the very foundations of teamwork that I am talking about.

I'm glad we had this talk, and now I must continue my writing.

Synergy people, stay cool. You can overcome anything if you put your minds into it.
This, I have to disagree until they realize Ao set it as a competitive clan, and not purely social

Also, I don't look for teamwork in those I mentioned, only anything that profits me

| Adventus |

08-06-2011   #457 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Games
League of LegendsSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryDragon Nest
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorFacebook Fan

Role has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant future
IGN: DestN

I always save my teammates. Even if they are noob or not. That's just the way i roll. Gets me killed in SDGO and in LoL and I still don't learn.

In KR, always expect everyone is packing a teleport. Pretty sure I told this to everyone before.

Last edited by Role; 08-06-2011 at 08:33 AM.

08-06-2011   #458 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
League of LegendsSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTera Online

Narru will become famous soon enoughNarru will become famous soon enough
IGN: narru
Level: Dual Silver Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirei
I always save my teammates. Even if they are noob or not. That's just the way i roll. Gets me killed in SDGO and in LoL and I still don't learn.

In KR, always except everyone is packing a teleport. Pretty sure I told this to everyone before.
I do the same as you, which cost me lots of death in SDGO and LoL too...

08-06-2011   #459 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

Few people turned up today, I am disappointed...
Also thanks to Nek0,Sveroz and friends for the fun matches.

08-06-2011   #460 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAika OnlineLeague of Legends

Bng422 has a spectacular aura aboutBng422 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LostTheGame / Bng422 (NA)
Class: Mid-Range
Level: Blue ♦♦♦ / >>> (NA)
Guild: 카르페디엠 (KR) /Vanrawr (NA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonred
Few people turned up today, I am disappointed...
Also thanks to Nek0,Sveroz and friends for the fun matches.
Alert! Alert! 2nd MARZ incoming!

Lack of attendance = fall of MARZ.
Game Count: 3344 Win Percentage: 65.85% Ranking: #15