Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-24-2011   #61 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

I'd believe Loki or Susano-Ou rather than believing in you

| Adventus |

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-24-2011   #62 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Games
League of LegendsSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryDragon Nest
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorFacebook Fan

Role has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant future
IGN: DestN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisaragi
I'd believe Loki or Susano-Ou rather than believing in you
At first I thought you were talking to me. Then i looked back and saw that lulz. I beat you both while trolling, what does that make me?

06-24-2011   #63 (permalink)
The Ordinary Witch uguuuu
Games
Cosmic BreakSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryMegaman Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Marisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Marisa
IGN: bippusuta
Class: Homing Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirei
At first I thought you were talking to me. Then i looked back and saw that lulz. I beat you both while trolling, what does that make me?
Quoting Nat.

"A ugly troll."

Last edited by Marisa; 06-24-2011 at 10:10 PM.

06-24-2011   #64 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirei
Troll Warlord

and I'm Skeleton King!

| Adventus |

06-24-2011   #65 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Games

Role has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant futureRole has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai
Quoting Nat.

"A pretty troll."
Good job.

Troll Warlord, I like it.

06-24-2011   #66 (permalink)
The Ordinary Witch uguuuu
Games
Cosmic BreakSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryMegaman Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Marisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Marisa
IGN: bippusuta
Class: Homing Spammer

Post editting? lolololol

06-24-2011   #67 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Games

You fany? Only person that editted was you 3 times, but if you want me to edit it sure

06-29-2011   #68 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Tournament canceled.

Only 3 teams had actually registered, out of which Shift's team dropped out (sadly) because he had some university activities.

Despite how people are saying they want to be competitive and stuff, I guess this is the actual state of competitiveness GGFTW is currently in - the competitiveness of players are proportional to the amount of rewards offered.

I am very very disappointed.

06-29-2011   #69 (permalink)
Ao
天使じゃない!
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLuniaDragon NestElsword
Awards Facebook Fan

Ao has a spectacular aura aboutAo has a spectacular aura aboutAo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Ao
Class: Rock lt_templar
Level: Double Silver
Guild: Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmfx19a
Tournament canceled.

Only 3 teams had actually registered, out of which Shift's team dropped out (sadly) because he had some university activities.

Despite how people are saying they want to be competitive and stuff, I guess this is the actual state of competitiveness GGFTW is currently in - the competitiveness of players are proportional to the amount of rewards offered.

Sorry Nek0

tried to make a team but couldn't find a 4th

"orz

http://luciferseal.blogspot.com/ <--- click there for light novel project. Latest update: Volume 4 Released

06-30-2011   #70 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

Why not just have no prize = =
I'd participate, if only I can find a way around that OC factor.

06-30-2011   #71 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games

No prize = even less people join because there's nothing at stake

| Adventus |

06-30-2011   #72 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Games

Hense the.

Quote:

06-30-2011   #73 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

no one want ur dirty money!
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

06-30-2011   #74 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter
Awards Facebook Fan

Mr20090526 will become famous soon enoughMr20090526 will become famous soon enough
IGN: 20090526
Guild: MMOG

wanted to make a team MMOG but only weis interested..... maybe next time..... this week a bit busy too.... 1 hangar is better than no hangar.... even if the prize is 1 coin i will try to join.....
IGN:GEF_pilot n(.)(.)b
SD GUNDAM ONLINE SEA <- shitty server
IGN:20090526 n(.)(.)b

06-30-2011   #75 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Facebook Fan

Cappie is on a distinguished road
IGN: Kap

The Tournament is canceled ?
I wanted to know if i could sign my team up ?

Last edited by Cappie; 06-30-2011 at 12:52 PM.

06-30-2011   #76 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Tournament canceled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappie
The Tournament is canceled ?
I wanted to know if i could sign my team up ?
*Faceplam*

07-01-2011   #77 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Facebook Fan

Cappie is on a distinguished road
IGN: Kap

Oh i see ...
Okay okay, next time i hope
Thanks for organizing things like that, its very cool !

TW Sdgo IGN - Kap

07-01-2011   #78 (permalink)
Wei Wei~
Awards MoM Award

weissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to weissritter
IGN: Weibritter // Edelweis
Class: Lion / Gundams to_scientist
Guild: Symphony

Nek0 should know this before hand tho :P

I mean for all the previous tourny that were made, you already know that the player base is currently very small, and their skill level, was well... you know.
And its actually hard to find a handful of player that can keep up with OCEX of your team's suits. Even if their skill can be on even ground.

So even if you increase the prizes to let say 2000M per person, it just warren more random players that hasn't even finish newbie server to join. And most of the time ends up idling the whole game. The more fun people are usually at KR server, and will not come to TW server just for this.
Its not even challenging to call it a tournament. Even those mission zakus can serves as better opponents.

So
1, if your looking for "good GGFTW players" for a tourny, well there isn't enough to satisfy your team's needs.
2, if your looking for entertainment value, its more entertaining to do missions or play random matches than a tourny.
3, if your looking to kill newbies, its easier to just open a new account and use that.
4, If you truly looking for a challenging team play, should try on baha and do their weekend 4v4 games against other TW players, or join KR's weekly no OC clan matches.

07-01-2011   #79 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by weissritter

I mean for all the previous tourny that were made, you already know that the player base is currently very small, and their skill level, was well... you know.
And its actually hard to find a handful of player that can keep up with OCEX of your team's suits. Even if their skill can be on even ground.

So even if you increase the prizes to let say 2000M per person, it just warren more random players that hasn't even finish newbie server to join. And most of the time ends up idling the whole game. The more fun people are usually at KR server, and will not come to TW server just for this.
Its not even challenging to call it a tournament. Even those mission zakus can serves as better opponents.

So
1, if your looking for "good GGFTW players" for a tourny, well there isn't enough to satisfy your team's needs.
2, if your looking for entertainment value, its more entertaining to do missions or play random matches than a tourny.
3, if your looking to kill newbies, its easier to just open a new account and use that.
4, If you truly looking for a challenging team play, should try on baha and do their weekend 4v4 games against other TW players, or join KR's weekly no OC clan matches.
Option 5. train a bunch of people so that you have enough people who are interested. (Painstaking)

07-01-2011   #80 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by weissritter

So
My aim is to hold something that will make GGFTW improve, whether it is OCing of suits, training of teamwork, or if you like, just enjoying playing 13 points against each other in a more competitive setting. Everyone can join the tournament regardless of their clans, and improve together.

Believe me, if I can hold 13 point matches weekly and get enough teams to join without having the need to offer prizes, I will go through the trouble of handling all the administrative work and planning weekly, perhaps even make it a league.

You always see players here talking about, you know, wanting to improve, wanting to play competitively, etc etc. Especially on the front page of clan threads. But what we are seeing here is just the opposite.

I thought that having more 13 point tourneys will be a good incentive to get the community to play competitively together, and learn from the games we had with each other. I had even set the games to be best out of 5, so that we can rack up more games during the tourney to learn more about how the other team plays.

I stand to gain nothing from hosting the tournament. And like you had said, I can do the whatever you had suggested, without even having to spend a single cent. But I offered some small prizes, despite having limited cash resources, in hope that people will want to join it. No matter what, those cash will be going out to someone, even if my team manages to win.

I don't really see your point about OC. I had started out the first GGFTW 13-point tourney with an OC5 CR Dog as my only OC5ed competitive-viable suit. I had much more options now, because I put in time and effort to OC the suits that I want (if people still remember, my aim of having 1 OC5 competitive suit for each class and rank). OC5, OC6 and OCEX are not something exclusive to our team - check the accomplishments thread. There is not too much difference between OC6 and OCEX, while OC5 should be playable at the very least. Also, Shift had his account banned, but being a University student who only have his weekends free, he is aiming for an OC5 Ball-K with his new account, and the last I checked, it should already be OC3 one week ago.

And as for my team, it's not like we don't put in effort into every competition which we joined. We had planned for training nights to improve our teamwork, and we discussed what suits to use as a team, so that I can try to OC my suits as high as possible. Example, during the second tournament, my MRLS hit OC6 only the night before the tournament after repeated grindings. At the very least, for me, I give my all in the tournaments that I joined. We put in effort to try to win.

tl;dr. I am disappointed with the attitudes, and not because 'boohoo no team to pwnzzz'. If everyone puts in efforts to play in the 13 points tournaments, the issues you had raised would not be that much of a problem.

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 07-01-2011 at 10:58 AM.