ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online (http://ggftw.com/forum/sd-gundam-capsule-fighter-online/)
-   -   Should Spec Be Removed From The Game? (http://ggftw.com/forum/sd-gundam-capsule-fighter-online/97444-should-spec-removed-game.html)

Marisa 06-08-2011 04:58 PM

Should Spec Be Removed From The Game?
 
Y/N?

And why so?

Question inspired from a friend who kept ranting on and on about it saying that it requires no skill at all and totally negates the damage from your combo. Second rant include spec counter saying that it relies on lag. Third part about his rant involved being stuck in spec and this can be abused. The final part was saying that people spec so much that they use it more than they look at they're skills.

Personally for me I think there should be an option to turn off spec and turn on spec. So I'm kinda yes and no about it.

My opinion to make spec better.

Quote:

1.) Make a mini-game where you have a chance of avoiding the spec. I.E AR Exia spec. You can click to avoid the swords. But, if you miss the sword 3&4 you will take damage. But, not all of it.
2.) Be able to run away from the bullets during range spec. Make it so you have only a limited area to move in. I.E FAZZ spec you have to run away from the missiles.
3.) Make it so that beam spec pushes you back.
4.) In order to spec. You must not be taking damage.
5.) Be able to hit someone during spec. It doesn't make sense that someone is invincible while they're doing an animation. Be able to cancel the spec. This mostly applies to people who beam spec. Seriously they are standing there. WHY ARE THEY INVINCIBLE?
6.) Make beam spec able to go through walls. I'm pretty sure that DX has way more than enough power to OBLIDERATE that tiny building your behind. In fact I'm pretty sure that DX can destroy an island.

chivien 06-08-2011 05:10 PM

The only thing that needs to change is how spec work to negate damage , can't be used when you're taking damage is about right

Azngege 06-08-2011 05:29 PM

when my clannies and i play, as long as its not DM, then we dun use spec =/

Retune 06-08-2011 05:32 PM

Specs are part of the game's appeal.

I agree that specs are abused WAY too much by the players of the game, but its already become part of the game.

Marisa 06-08-2011 05:34 PM

Updated with my opinions to make spec better.

AixE 06-08-2011 06:24 PM

Don't see any problems with Specs though. Its a way to save yourself from rushing rocks.

Marisa 06-08-2011 06:28 PM

It's not that.

It's the PHYSICS BEHIND IT.

Because like I said. If your scything someone and they are nearly dead. They're not just gonna go cancel that out and say "OMG SUPER SAIYAN MODE I SHINING FINGER (LOL) SWORD YOU."

Ao 06-08-2011 06:32 PM

Also i think a certain area should be required to use spec.

For example, some rocks sp someone then run into/through a building (from the point of view of ppl looking @ it)

this would make each sp more unique b/c of a certain area required for it to function

Marisa 06-08-2011 06:37 PM

Yes. That is how EZ8 scissor version spec should work.

Also limit range to spec to ground only. Unless unit can float.

This game needs serious physics rebalancing.

Temjin747J 06-08-2011 07:09 PM

Nah, it'll make the game too streamline and not unique, hell that'll make most of the MS no different at all as far as weaps go(G-3 and 105 Dagger example) Besides, I like watching 'em :P

Ao 06-08-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ai (Post 1547082)
Yes. That is how EZ8 scissor version spec should work.

Also limit range to spec to ground only. Unless unit can float.

This game needs serious physics rebalancing.

not only physics, it would be great if melee was more intense, and included stuff like strike with combination X to get combo X, and combo X can be countered of opponent does same button movements, but that would amek it too much like a figther

setsuko 06-08-2011 07:15 PM

my bucue sp9 + skill part = ohko

Marisa 06-08-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xLucifer (Post 1547117)
not only physics, it would be great if melee was more intense, and included stuff like strike with combination X to get combo X, and combo X can be countered of opponent does same button movements, but that would amek it too much like a figther

That destroys the purpose of rocks though. You could potentially have scissors DECIMATING rocks in melee matches. Freedom does not count.

AixE 06-08-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ai (Post 1547079)
It's not that.

It's the PHYSICS BEHIND IT.

Because like I said. If your scything someone and they are nearly dead. They're not just gonna go cancel that out and say "OMG SUPER SAIYAN MODE I SHINING FINGER (LOL) SWORD YOU."

I think it works as intended, much like the "ultimate attacks" with fighting games.:py01:

Retune 06-08-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AixE (Post 1547154)
I think it works as intended, much like the "ultimate attacks" with fighting games.:py01:

Reminds me of the 'I CAN'T MOVE OR ATTACK BECAUSE THE OTHER GUY IS DOING HIS EPIC TRANSFORMATION' rule in anime.

Marisa 06-08-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retune (Post 1547164)
Reminds me of the 'I CAN'T MOVE OR ATTACK BECAUSE THE OTHER GUY IS DOING HIS EPIC TRANSFORMATION' rule in anime.

Funny thing is. You have like 10-30 seconds to run away but, you never do that. I sure hope SDGO could implement a rule where you could run/dodge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AixE (Post 1547154)
I think it works as intended, much like the "ultimate attacks" with fighting games.:py01:

Last I checked I could cancel a spec by hitting someone. Especially in MVC2.

AixE 06-08-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ai (Post 1547178)
Funny thing is. You have like 10-30 seconds to run away but, you never do that. I sure hope SDGO could implement a rule where you could run/dodge.



Last I checked I could cancel a spec by hitting someone. Especially in MVC2.

I meant the concept of Specs even exists in this game, not the overall execution of it.

And yes I do agree that giving invincibility when executing Specs are kinda ridiculous. But the game had also given you a few options to counter the incoming spec, mainly by: Counter using your own spec, MCA(Its harder to dodge a range spec), or if the opponent only have a silver of life, why don't just shoot?

Bng422 06-08-2011 09:31 PM

Specs should have a option in the room making menu to toggle on or off. I don't like specs a whole lot because its just a click and "OMG LAWL 1 HIT HALF UR HP" kind of thing. It doesn't make it satisfying when you kill someone with spec, instead of say, out beam rifling them.

And I totally agree on spec is based on lag. Everytime someone specs me I fly away in time, only to be teled back to them and get specced... or when I spec, the guy spec cancels last second and I get specced, or if hes lagging. The system is kinda random sometimes.

Also, AUTO LOCKING. UGH. TURN THAT OFF... Flashlights OCEX with search distance hits you across the entire map. It's annoying.

Crimsonred 06-08-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AixE (Post 1547209)
I meant the concept of Specs even exists in this game, not the overall execution of it.

And yes I do agree that giving invincibility when executing Specs are kinda ridiculous. But the game had also given you a few options to counter the incoming spec, mainly by: Counter using your own spec, MCA(Its harder to dodge a range spec), or if the opponent only have a silver of life, why don't just shoot?

Hmm, well have you seen this situation?
Shoots KD beam at enemy to finish him off.
He gets hit on your screen but is not KDed and uses SP on you.
After SP he regenerates the HP that should have been gone and you have a ***** of HP gone. (It applies to any kind of attack, the sadder ones being status effects since they magically do not affect the opponent.)

Lag makes SP the most broken thing ever.
Also, if they have to remove SP, I also want the stupid rock scissor paper thing gone.
Rock have way too much damage and can kill scissors suits so easily while scissors cant do they same to rocks. (same thing can apply to papers.)
This is because of OC + Softmax giving suits way too high stats.

The mini game thing will not work due to lag, I can guarantee it.

Asuna 06-08-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimsonred (Post 1547262)
Hmm, well have you seen this situation?
Shoots KD beam at enemy to finish him off.
He gets hit on your screen but is not KDed and uses SP on you.
After SP he regenerates the HP that should have been gone and you have a ***** of HP gone. (It applies to any kind of attack, the sadder ones being status effects since they magically do not affect the opponent.)

Lag makes SP the most broken thing ever.
Also, if they have to remove SP, I also want the stupid rock scissor paper thing gone.
Rock have way too much damage and can kill scissors suits so easily while scissors cant do they same to rocks. (same thing can apply to papers.)
This is because of OC + Softmax giving suits way too high stats.

The mini game thing will not work due to lag, I can guarantee it.

You know I actually think keeping spec can be a good thing, just the fact the player is not invincible during spec animation.

I've seen that situation multiple times Melty, including experiencing it myself...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.