Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Eudemons Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-08-2011   #21 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

Ok, you remove spec.

Enjoy dying against nonflinch units if you don't have:
a) Anti-noflinch (Only Sandrock EW and EZ8. Whoops.)
b) Range weapons and have the boost to avoid no flinchers (Whoops, there goes alot of papers, scissors, and all-melee units)

Or

Die fighting against things you have no hope of winning in the first place without spec (1v2, which a spec could turn tides)

Specs are part of the metagame. You remove or revamp it, you revamp a hell lot of the system. THIS IS NOT A ****ING 2D FIGHTING GAME LIKE MVC. THIS IS A TPS. If you don't avoid it in the first place, its your own bloody fault. "But I shot him first and he should be knocked down!" Boo ****ing hoo. Its not the system's problem, its because of the packets being sent to the server. Not the spec system.

Its less of "Special attack", more like a Limit Break.

You all keep complaining about the wrong things about the game. Rocks being overpowered (Yet, things like MLRS and Rau's Dinn are dominating shit and not rocks), Specs, and other random crocks.

| Adventus |

Last edited by Kisaragi; 06-08-2011 at 09:26 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-08-2011   #22 (permalink)
捕獲神
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLa TaleLeague of LegendsElsword
Awards Facebook Fan

Asuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Elesis
Class: Sword Waifu lt_warrior
Level: 70
Xfire: Balgora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisaragi
Ok, you remove spec.

Enjoy dying against nonflinch units if you don't have:
a) Anti-noflinch (Only Sandrock EW and EZ8. Whoops.)
b) Range weapons and have the boost to avoid no flinchers (Whoops, there goes alot of papers, scissors, and all-melee units)

Specs are part of the metagame. You remove or revamp it, you revamp a hell lot of the system. THIS IS NOT A ****ING 2D FIGHTING GAME LIKE MVC. THIS IS A TPS. If you don't avoid it in the first place, its your own bloody fault.

Its less of "Special attack", more like a Limit Break.
Well, my suggestion was having spec, but not making the player invincible during the animation.

06-08-2011   #23 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterS4 LeagueFreeJackCabal Online

Kenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the rough
IGN: BusterX
Class: Brawler to_fighter
Level: ♦♦♦
Guild: Seven Swords 七劍(HK)/Synergy(TW)

If we removed autolockon, I couldn't give a rat's arse if they raised the spec power to over 9000.

Jokes aside (and rudeness misconceptions aside), yeah remove dem autolocking basterds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retune
Reminds me of the 'I CAN'T MOVE OR ATTACK BECAUSE THE OTHER GUY IS DOING HIS EPIC TRANSFORMATION' rule in anime.
Yeah, Super Robot animes/Sentais tend to do that. His enemies will be frozen for 10 seconds while they do the special transformation/killing blow. If it was realism, the massive enemy army could just shoot while they transform and the protagonists die.

I'm ok with specs though because they can turn the tides of battle in an instant, not like in S4 League where the feg who spams most sword dashes and semi auto weapons wins the game. Then again, the absence of spec in that game allows you to counter the sword attack with special maneuvers that is reminiscent of SS/MCA in Gundam.

00 Raiser, 00 7S/G, V2AB, Infinite Justice, HWS v, Master Fuunsaiki, God Fuunsaiki, SR Sazabi, Crossbone X1 Kai, X2 Kai, Harute (Final Mission Type) Stargazer, Crossbone X3, Sazabi

Upcoming projects: Arios Ascalon (100% Complete!), Crossbone X1 Skullheart (100% Complete!)

HIATUS AGAIN!
Playing PSO2
IGN - ホモゲーバスター
Ship 1 - Feoh

06-08-2011   #24 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunleon
Well, my suggestion was having spec, but not making the player invincible during the animation.
In that case, that would STILL render specs useless against antiflinchers that still has teammates. You're still screwed against 1v2.

Specs are there because you can turn the tides quickly. TO ASSIST YOU against some shit. Otherwise, do you really hope to win against a OCEX def Psyco with, say, GM?

You all say its to balance. How about before you all open your mouths, you think first what could possibly go wrong with your theory.

| Adventus |

06-08-2011   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

Special attacks are not broken.
Lag is broken.
Nothing you can do to fix it. (it's always there.)

06-08-2011   #26 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games

Exactly. The spec system, all that shit, that's not what's wrong.

The problem lies in the sending of packets over the internet, and when one person is late at sending the packets, you get all kinds of bullshit. Like me sliding (YES YOU GUYS, I ACCEPTED THAT I SLIDE AT CERTAIN MAPS. HAPPY NOW?!) or the infamous 1 mile melee tech.

| Adventus |

06-08-2011   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light

Or the infamous SP that makes you freeze....
I'm not even going to touch on how a lagger can walk away from your spec even if it's right in their face.

06-08-2011   #28 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

The spec system can use refining though.

Drkmerc himself as quited due to the specs system being in place, which bridges the gap in skill between between two players. You just don't see a similar system being implemented in common FPS or TPS shooters.

However, Shift had also brought out good points. Specs are quite essential in dealing with fortress units, anti-flinch (especially those with vaccines), and so on.

I think it is the way this game is designed that makes spec required. However, it just makes the game more casual, since spec allows one a huge margin of error.

06-08-2011   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

To be honest, this game has much more focus on team work than most fps/tps games.

It's the fact that people just like to OC their suits and play like a reckless fool.
They think they are godly just because they have super high stats and can't die and stray away from their team, do not pay attention to team positions, and as a result he is picked off easily and thus his team will lose.
A one man rush is sucide, a whole team rush is a legit tactic. (so much difference between the two..)

The main reason for the SP is because of the various mechanics which make SP a necessary system.
Removing SP at this point will not help balance at all, seriously.
Think about it, the only thing that can damage 00R in transam mode is gone, the method for a paper to deal with rock in close range, and lots of other stuff.

Last edited by Crimsonred; 06-08-2011 at 10:33 PM.

06-09-2011   #30 (permalink)
┬──┬ノ( -ノ)
Games
Kingdom of LoathingSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAudition 2Fiesta
Awards Facebook Fan

Retune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really nice
IGN: Retune

Now that I think about it, specs are like the X factor in this game.

Unpredictable [to an extent], and able to change the tides of battle <Not the whole game, but a single encounter>

For me, the presence of specs keep me on my toes; I check the skills on the tab menu and try to predict who has specs and who doesn't. This affects my method of approach, of course.

06-09-2011   #31 (permalink)
楪 いのり
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterGrand ChaseMapleStoryCosmic Break

KanonoXlove is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to KanonoXlove
IGN: XDestinyHikariX/AssaultX
Class: Verstile Type
Guild: Ptolemaois/Synergy

I prefer spec in the game so that you can counter attack unlike in most games where you go , AAAAHHH I AM GETTING ATTACKED OR MELEED AND I AM GOING TO DIE HELP !!!!!.

06-09-2011   #32 (permalink)
The Ordinary Witch uguuuu
Games
Cosmic BreakSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryMegaman Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Marisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Marisa
IGN: bippusuta
Class: Homing Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunleon
That sums up more than half the complaints.

06-09-2011   #33 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games

What should really complainers that think so think about the consequences of that

You remove invincibility

Then why spec at all? And in turn, you let antiflinchers and MAs dominate the game. Neue Ziel suddenly became even more of a monster.

| Adventus |

06-09-2011   #34 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisaragi
What should really complainers that think so think about the consequences of that

You remove invincibility

Then why spec at all? And in turn, you let antiflinchers and MAs dominate the game. Neue Ziel suddenly became even more of a monster.
And stun suits become god like cause they cancel your spec animation.
Sounds so stupid.

06-09-2011   #35 (permalink)
The Ordinary Witch uguuuu
Games
Cosmic BreakSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryMegaman Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Marisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Marisa
IGN: bippusuta
Class: Homing Spammer

Here's the BEST SOLUTION I COULD THINK OF. And I"m telling you. I actually thought of it out and it seems so balance.

Make a button mashing bar between the spec starter and the victim.

If the victim fills they're bar more...They take half damage of spec.

If spec starter fills they're bar more....Victim takes full damage.

Yes...use the system from Naruto.

I agree with Nek0 saying that spec bridges the gap in skill between two players though.

If you prefer the NO SPEC method.

Make an "Overheat" bar for the MA. If it fills up for a limited time you can be flinched by melee. It can be filled up by meleeing/range.

Last edited by Marisa; 06-09-2011 at 04:48 AM.

06-09-2011   #36 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Again, it will not work because of lag.
etc. lag will cause your bar to increase slower and you will lose either way.

06-09-2011   #37 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games
MapleStorySD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineZero Online

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Strikegundam
IGN: Natsume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai
Here's the BEST SOLUTION I COULD THINK OF. And I"m telling you. I actually thought of it out and it seems so balance.

lag will make it fail..

06-09-2011   #38 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterCosmic BreakACE OnlineZero Online

Leongz has a spectacular aura aboutLeongz has a spectacular aura aboutLeongz has a spectacular aura about
IGN: RustLeo

In my opinion, what will happen to a suit's Signature move if special is removed?
Like if you remove it, you are removing a signature move/weapon that the suit is famous for.
For example:
GP02A (Physalis). He doesn't have a weapon to nuke, its his special.
Gundam (Magnetic Coating). Know what is his melee special ?

Remember the anime ?
If you remove their special(s), you wont have that 'ultimate move' that was used in the anime at the most *cough* important scene *cough*.

Hence the term "SPECIAL" is there in the game. To show that some different suits may have unique specials/signature move(s) that cannot simply be executed or imitated by any other suit for the heck of it in the game.

Hence in my opinion, I say that special-system should be kept in the game as it is. Improvements are welcomed. Removing special ? No thanks, I'd like to continue seeing my GP02A's nuke.

Last edited by Leongz; 06-09-2011 at 04:57 AM.

06-09-2011   #39 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai

Yes...use the system from Naruto.

I agree with Nek0 saying that spec bridges the gap in skill between two players though.

If you prefer the NO SPEC method.

Make an "Overheat" bar for the MA. If it fills up for a limited time you can be flinched by melee. It can be filled up by meleeing/range.
Because quick-time events are soooo easy to do when its over the internet.

For the last ****ing time, specs aren't the problem. Lag is. Get it through your thick skulls. If you get hit by spec, its entirely your fault for letting yourself getting hit by it.

| Adventus |

06-09-2011   #40 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Or make GP02's nuke a ranged weapon
I'd love to see that.