Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
02-22-2012   #201 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

ichiru001 is on a distinguished road
IGN: Harmel

Truely sad for business reason that seperate us away.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-22-2012   #202 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Conquer OnlineSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMabinogiDynasty Warriors Online

Trent957 is on a distinguished road
IGN: HZMN

I still dont get why wasabii waited for so long and personally i still think OGP had a hand in this bull crap. Just now it seems like they left a "convenient reminder" to someone higher up.

Then that leaves one other thing, why isn't CN, JP, or TH IP blocked if this is contractual? Or are they blocked now too?

Either way, guess this is it for me on SDGO, it was fun and nice meeting you all. Don't feel like starting from scratch again on KR, the proxy for TW would just make it a lagfest, HK i won't even touch, and I hate the NA server to the very bottom of my soul since its existence is the direct cause of this.

02-22-2012   #203 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Jaen has a spectacular aura aboutJaen has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Falathar
Class: Scissors, Rocks, Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng422

Not by me btw, but they changed the automatic reply.

"In order to give each servers an equal environment for the game, this SD Gundam Online server will have IP bans"

Basically what the first sentence says. It's official. TW. It's over.

People in SEA regions: Brace yourselves. The wave is coming.
That's so lame. Guess KR is the only one that is relatively safe since they had a ban already, reversed it and they are the main game so they have much more weight to throw around.

Only downside, no talking on KR =(.

Man...I just added a coin pack right before the IP ban for delta+.

02-22-2012   #204 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Time for preparation of proxy. I predict a swift collapse of the SEA servers, so I am not all too worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaen
That's so lame. Guess KR is the only one that is relatively safe since they had a ban already, reversed it and they are the main game so they have much more weight to throw around.
I won't be that optimistic if I were you.

02-22-2012   #205 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmfx19a
Time for preparation of proxy. I predict a swift collapse of the SEA servers, so I am not all too worried.

I won't be that optimistic if I were you.
But that just leaves...NA...

Which is...NA...

And also, are they really just going to say nothing/turn their backs on the players who have spent a lot of money in their game? I mean I can understand if they are contractually bound but there should at least be a formal announcement/apology? Especially since this IP ban came without any warning, completely unannounced.

Last edited by Jaen; 02-22-2012 at 09:18 PM.

02-22-2012   #206 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games

Quote:

Only downside, no talking on KR =(.

Man...I just added a coin pack right before the IP ban for delta+.
Thing is, we don't know if KR will pull the same damn thing. They tried the IP block themselves once, but i think that IP ban was over a broader area.

If KR decides to just IP block NA, then it really is game over cause I dont think a single person here has openly supported NA and I don't know how many here would willingly go to NA given the scenario if KR surgically IP Bans NA

02-22-2012   #207 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent957
Thing is, we don't know if KR will pull the same damn thing. They tried the IP block themselves once, but i think that IP ban was over a broader area.

If KR decides to just IP block NA, then it really is game over cause I dont think a single person here has openly supported NA and I don't know how many here would willingly go to NA given the scenario if KR surgically IP Bans NA
I'm sure people would be a lot more open to NA if they fixed any 1 of the 3 issues.

1) Terrible community (ok this one is hard to fix)
2) Extreme greed, which even the likes of Wasabii has never tried
3) Super delayed content release

02-22-2012   #208 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Quote:
And also, are they really just going to say nothing/turn their backs on the players who have spent a lot of money in their game? I mean I can understand if they are contractually bound but there should at least be a formal announcement/apology? Especially since this IP ban came without any warning, completely unannounced.
Apology and all would be nice, since they did allow foreign players to officially play on their servers.

But apologize? Wasabii? They who reply using automated messages? I wouldn't even dream.

02-22-2012   #209 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterBloodline Champions

Iknowyou has a spectacular aura aboutIknowyou has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I'm sure people would be a lot more open to NA if they fixed any 1 of the 3 issues.

Hmmm...the issue for me is that I've already spent well over $250 USD on the TW server in a short period of only 3 months. Of course, this sum isn't much comparing to some other people I know, but it's still a lot of $$ to me.

02-22-2012   #210 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games

Quote:

1) totally agreed

2)to be fair, their Astro S ranks are a bit cheaper than TWs equivalent, then come C3. But their Web gacha is.....yea

3)This has more to do with the fact the game is 5 years old already and OGP treating it like its a brand new game. Honestly, these next few months will be interesting in NA to say the least, now that their primary competition has essentially been eliminated. How the act on it will be interesting to see and show just how greedy they are in light of this news.

Point 3 kind of goes back to Point 1, if OGP plays the extreme greed card, then it would be up to the community to make sure it doesnt happen. But most of them are so complacent sucking on OGPs **** and anyone that has any real opinion have either been banned from their forums (like me) or already left.

02-22-2012   #211 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

ichiru001 is on a distinguished road
IGN: Harmel

If they need 'equal environment for the game' tw will block sea as well as NA and then.. i afraid if sea will most likely block NA.

02-22-2012   #212 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games

Equal Environment says explain why CN, TH, and JP don't have IP blocks for TW

02-22-2012   #213 (permalink)
Polar Bear
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAika OnlineLeague of Legends

Bng422 has a spectacular aura aboutBng422 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: LostTheGame / Bng422 (NA)
Class: Mid-Range
Level: Blue ♦♦♦ / >>> (NA)
Guild: 카르페디엠 (KR) /Vanrawr (NA)

Quote:
They do.

msg too short. Too sad to make it white.
Game Count: 3344 Win Percentage: 65.85% Ranking: #15

02-22-2012   #214 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games

i stand corrected then

disregard my last post.

02-22-2012   #215 (permalink)
Wei Wei~
Awards MoM Award

weissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to weissritter
IGN: Weibritter // Edelweis
Class: Lion / Gundams to_scientist
Guild: Symphony

Quote:
I still dont get why wasabii waited for so long and personally i still think OGP had a hand in this bull crap. Just now it seems like they left a "convenient reminder" to someone higher up.

Then that leaves one other thing, why isn't CN, JP, or TH IP blocked if this is contractual? Or are they blocked now too?

Either way, guess this is it for me on SDGO, it was fun and nice meeting you all. Don't feel like starting from scratch again on KR, the proxy for TW would just make it a lagfest, HK i won't even touch, and I hate the NA server to the very bottom of my soul since its existence is the direct cause of this.
JP are officially blocked too.
HK part of CN works fine.

Quote:
But that just leaves...NA...

Which is...NA...

If you haven't transfer ur cards pts into SD, you can get a refund with a 15% fee and they terminate ur account as a result. And you have to sign a contract with them for the refund, and need to do it in person at TW.

Maybe I should threaten them with my remaining 2k points :3 Not that it means much.

Quote:
If i remember correctly, JP, blocks NA outright, blocks CN permanently for any of their JP games. TW is always blocked as well.

Anyways, from most of the replies from Wasabii, I got a feeling OGP did something. I don't know what they did, but they did something...
But then TW did block before, they also "officially" announced they will block, and then block, and then went back on their words a month later. Destroyed over half of the original MMOG clan.

So I am going to see, if all else fails, paying for good VPNs always isn't a bad choice since they are that expensive if I buy it via CN.

Last edited by weissritter; 02-22-2012 at 10:11 PM.

02-22-2012   #216 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

FrostByte is on a distinguished road
IGN: Zanmato
Guild: UVERflag

If that is true, then I have no choice. It was a good run, 2 yrs or so? Even if Wasabi_t_c_h returns the passage, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. It was fun for those whom I had the pleasure and honor playing with and against. Thanks so much, not just for the games, but the help on technical matters. Catch me on some games if ever you guys ever play them. (Guild Wars (main game), Hunter Blade(Yes, cheap rip-off of Monster Hunter), AVA).

02-22-2012   #217 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games

Well I think this is the end of SDGO for me, I'll still post here but my days in SDGO are done unless I can convince myself to move up to KR, unless they pull the same thing that TW just did. I'll still post and lurk occasionally, but I think this is a rather pathetic turn of events, created by a server we all wanted to happen in the beginning only to now have it ruin everything.

If any of you guys are playing Star Trek Online or plan on trying it out, PM me and I'll add you there.

02-22-2012   #218 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Ragnarok OnlineSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterPhantasy Star Online 2

Alteau is on a distinguished road

Quote:

With NA being my only option, I'm done with SDGO altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostByte
Catch me on some games if ever you guys ever play them. (Guild Wars (main game), Hunter Blade(Yes, cheap rip-off of Monster Hunter), AVA).
Quote:
If any of you guys are playing Star Trek Online or plan on trying it out, PM me and I'll add you there.
Keep posting these! I wanna find something to play, Or else I'm going back to Ragnarok Online.

EDIT

I'll be checking up on these forums every once in a while so if the server miraculously lifts the IP ban please post it~

Last edited by Alteau; 02-22-2012 at 10:37 PM.

02-22-2012   #219 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterElswordCosmic BreakS4 League
Awards Facebook Fan

ninjaonizuka is on a distinguished road

Before i just give up i will start kr again -sigh- at least i had a lot of memories with sdgo :[

02-22-2012   #220 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLeague of LegendsGrand ChaseAudition 2
Awards Facebook Fan

soulzter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to soulzter
Class: lolragequit
Guild: Synergy

well gl luck finding another server or another game = =