ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Games > Wakfu > Wakfu Class Discussion > Sadida

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-03-2008   #1 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Euler Breslau
Class: SMN-main, AST.
Level: i200 SMN
Guild: Get Some LLC
Default Sadida = Overpowered?

Not a rant or anything. Just a short 'article', if you will, of me wasting time (and reviving the Wakfu forum) and informing of the power of the Sadida.

It seems like Sadidas are yet again, a powerhouse.

Back in Dofus, they manipulated sharp, roots lined with thorns to inflict massive earth damage. Grew bark for skin and become invincible for a few turns. Heck, they've manipulated many aspects of the earth and binded them to their adversaries, killing them with a multitude of attacks ranging from Mother Nature's tears and emitting a poisonous (flatulence) gas to the entire field, causing damage to anyone caught in the danger zone.

Now, Sadidas lose their normal brute force (yet still retaining much use, mind you), and emphasize more power onto the dolls. Dolls are quick to cast, only using 2 AP a cast. Resewing only costs a small 4 AP, easily combo-able with the initially sewn doll. Not only that, but they don't have the same summon restrictions as the "summoner" (and I use this in quotations because they may have lost their status to the Sadidas) does. Instead of being limited with monster slots, the Sadida only must overcome the basic Leadership status -- easily passable with a Blue Larva Hat (+1 Leadership).

Compared to the Osamoda, leveling is much easier (with extra emphasis in the killing aspect, since the Osamoda's overpowered spell 'Capture' has been nerfed). Instead of having 1 pet with 1 distinct trait (gobbal tank, tofu hit-n-run, pioette APer) with it's erratic AI, you are able to summon a doll that can switch roles in 4 AP. At Lv 3, a Sadida can already have a tank and an attacker doll.

The Earth line of the Osamoda also fails in comparison with the Sadida. Though both trees do not normally combine well with summons (lack of support), the Sadida still has more summon-friendly skills. The Osamoda's 'Punch of Crackler' is a centered AoE, attacking monsters surrounding the caster, whereas the Sadida can cast 'Manifold Bramble' at a distance and not be caught in the center of it all (though, if the foe is being tanked by dolls, Mystic Flood might be a better, more doll-friendly option).

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-03-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supporter
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDeco OnlineDofusEmil Chronicle Online

DarkMaverick will become famous soon enough
IGN: Fortify
Class: Grand Archer to_thiefmaster
Level: 54
Guild: iPie

Ah, I remember reading a bunch on the official forums about Osamodas and Sadidas. Mostly making the argument that both are powerhouses, but the Osa was slightly better. It was a couple days ago and I was only reading to kill time, so I don't remember the exact details.

Anyways, since Ecaflips are almost completely broken, skill-wise, I'll make a Sadida and see for myself. 8D

12-03-2008   #3 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMaverick
Ah, I remember reading a bunch on the official forums about Osamodas and Sadidas. Mostly making the argument that both are powerhouses, but the Osa was slightly better. It was a couple days ago and I was only reading to kill time, so I don't remember the exact details.

Anyways, since Ecaflips are almost completely broken, skill-wise, I'll make a Sadida and see for myself. 8D
I took down a Gobelette at Lv 5 solo with 2 Attacker Dolls. o/

12-04-2008   #4 (permalink)
Supporter
Special
Games

Yeah, at level 5 I downed a level 22 Royal Piwi. Took forever, but I did it and I don't even have a Blue Larva Hat yet.

Edit: There's arguments both ways, but they are pretty stupid for PvM because they'll rarely die.

Edit2: Omg, I nabbed a Blue Larva Hat and that is what makes them insane.

Last edited by DarkMaverick; 12-04-2008 at 01:00 AM.

12-04-2008   #5 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Yeah, at level 5 I downed a level 22 Royal Piwi. Took forever, but I did it and I don't even have a Blue Larva Hat yet.

Edit: There's arguments both ways, but they are pretty stupid for PvM because they'll rarely die.

Edit2: Omg, I nabbed a Blue Larva Hat and that is what makes them insane.
Yep. Insane in the membrane. amirite?

12-04-2008   #6 (permalink)
Supporter
Special
Games

So, I can't figure out exactly what it is yet, but I think it has something to do with the total amount of time you spend on your turns or the number of skills used. Anyways, I've been getting huge exp bonuses. At level 18, fighting level 21 mobs, if I go through and only make two warrior dolls and just pass my turns I get almost 5k exp. If I make 2, use Puppet Mastery, and make a third then I only get about 1.9k exp.

I'm going to mess around with it more...

12-04-2008   #7 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
So, I can't figure out exactly what it is yet, but I think it has something to do with the total amount of time you spend on your turns or the number of skills used. Anyways, I've been getting huge exp bonuses. At level 18, fighting level 21 mobs, if I go through and only make two warrior dolls and just pass my turns I get almost 5k exp. If I make 2, use Puppet Mastery, and make a third then I only get about 1.9k exp.

I'm going to mess around with it more...
Maybe the doll levels add to the whole "your level(s):their level(s)" ratio thing?
I'd be on to test it, but I haven't had the time to go on lately. Too busy with homework, and my friend pestering me to play FFXI with him.

12-04-2008   #8 (permalink)
Supporter
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuyaBaka
Maybe the doll levels add to the whole "your level(s):their level(s)" ratio thing?
I'd be on to test it, but I haven't had the time to go on lately. Too busy with homework, and my friend pestering me to play FFXI with him.
5k exp is still more than my level 40 Sram can get from any level Royal Gobball.

Edit: Oh geez. I think it's the number of skills used. I let everyone of my turns time out and only made two warrior dolls and got 4.3k exp.

12-04-2008   #9 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
5k exp is still more than my level 40 Sram can get from any level Royal Gobball.

Edit: Oh geez. I think it's the number of skills used. I let everyone of my turns time out and only made two warrior dolls and got 4.3k exp.
I'm assuming EXP gained is determined by how lazily you can get by? .-.

In general PvE, Sadidas are amazing.
The Doll's AI is no match against a human mind (the AI in general, actually). Sadidas will have to rely on their Earth and Voodoo spells in order to take on another player.

Last edited by kuyaBaka; 12-04-2008 at 10:20 PM.

12-04-2008   #10 (permalink)
Supporter
Special
Games

Huh... Maybe it does have something to do with that ratio and if so I'm casting sacrifice on all, but one of my dolls the turn things are going to end.

Just pulled 6k exp off a level 24 with one doll out in the end, but I had been spamming skills every turn.

Edit: I just don't know...

Last edited by DarkMaverick; 12-04-2008 at 10:40 PM.