ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   S4 League (http://ggftw.com/forum/s4-league/)
-   -   Patch 18 (http://ggftw.com/forum/s4-league/76552-patch-18-a.html)

Nihil679 05-26-2010 02:52 AM

Patch 18

No ffffing Spy Dagger.
No ffffing Grenade Gun.
No ffffing Office Map (but something else makes up for it).
The new item class are all ffffing AP.
Ffffing AP event.

But the best part is Hyperium TD map.
Shit is two-layered. Top-layer which is pretty much an open field (like football, hurr hurr) with the fumbi in the middle circle.
Bottom layer can be accessed by breaking the top layer (which grows back at an annoyingly quick rate). Reset points where the fumbi circle is, along with stairs in the middle-sides of the underground to get back on the top layer. On opposing ends, there's a gate-thing that leads a ramp up to the enemy's goal behind an even bigger gate thing. The big gate thing is absolutely ****ing impenetrable without help, but it protrudes out, so if you have Anchor, have fun zooming past it into the goal.
Then there's the sides of the goal which are also breakable.
The goal area is an absolute cluster **** if your enemy or you have a defender. Why? Because it's ****ing tiny. You can't get in there without getting ffffing zapped by a Sentinell if they have one. Either that, or it's ffffing clogged with blocks that you HAVE to kill and break.
Then the respawn point is high-up off the floor. Meaning? Wallsniping fgts, all day long. It's almost as bad as Tunnel, but Tunnel is bullshit because it has one layer. This shit has TWO LAYERS.
Misc. shit. Bottom layer, along with the gate + ramp, there are small ramps that lead up after breaking the top-layer on each left/right side.
Random little areas to take cover on the top layer on each goal side. moar sniping ffff
The side-halls of each goal area has a little line-hole-thing. You can shoot people through it. Get a Cannonade. You'll get a lot of defenders pissed. Which is what you should be doing. Because you're using a Cannon. Yeah. A Cannon.

So yeah, outside of a ****ing cluster**** of ****ing defenders even though it might be ONE ****ing person in there, map is da shit.
Patch is balls though.

WhatThePho 05-26-2010 07:37 PM

I like the map.

Less CS and more bat on top level. The choke coming from bottom to top is too narrow though, an idiot standing there can get everyone behind him killed.

Nihil679 05-26-2010 09:14 PM

I still use Counter Sword here. Looks easier to smash through the goal and start spamming inside than with Bat.

I hate
the lower level
so much.
Unless you have your entire team breaking down the gate, it's pretty much pointless to take the mainway. Only reason I would jump down there is for the side-ramps for easier/safer access to the side-doors.

WhatThePho 05-26-2010 09:40 PM

i play sword only so top level is pretty damn safe for me. especially when idiots start using cs only to drop themselves down.

Nihil679 05-26-2010 11:42 PM

oplz. S4 mode for lulz. Start crying blood when you can't get into their goal because of Sentry/Sentinells and Blocks and Heavy Machineguns.

Livin' the life. \o/

Vioded 05-29-2010 02:50 AM

When I played the new map it made me think. tunnel/colosium had a baby,
I hope im not the only one that had that in mind.

Tea 05-29-2010 05:23 PM

maybe i should come back and randomly come into one of Kaz's TD games.. he's usually in one of those.. XD;;