ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Ryan - The Bounty Hunter (http://ggftw.com/forum/ryan-bounty-hunter/)
-   -   Ryan Stage Build (not rb yet) (http://ggftw.com/forum/ryan-bounty-hunter/56761-ryan-stage-build-not-rb-yet.html)

eatmyfist 09-03-2009 12:37 PM

Ryan Stage Build (not rb yet)

Lol another edit, took out Concentrated shot for Magma Explosion :P

------------------------

Edit: My build so far - http://lunian.genin.jp/calc/LSC/?nam...110-000-118814
If you have any opinions, please comment below! Thanks.

------------------------

Hi guys so yeah I'm planning on getting Ryan very soon so I'm trying to figure out what my skill build is gonna be.

This is the skill build for staging without a rebirth yet, so no rebirth skills.

Also I am new to using the jp simulator so if something is not right please tell me.

http://lunian.genin.jp/calc/LSC/?nam...910-000-118816

Yeah so I pretty much made the build off of Sinned's skill guide (credits where credits due), and dumped the rest of the points into increased physical damage.

I got 1 point into the moving shots (right slide shot, left slide shot, etc) for supposed evasion, maybe to dodge boss attacks while still hurting them I guess? I'm open for opinions and changes.

Thanks!

JustinBieber 09-11-2009 01:39 PM

Lunia Skill Calculator(JP)

4 points left over for whatever you want.

eatmyfist 09-11-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LolWut (Post 974080)

4 points left over for whatever you want.

So instead of maxing burning land, max ARG?

I've also looked around the forums, alot of people say that Concentrated Shot isn't worth maxing due to delay/weak damage.

Would it be worth it to max Rapid Shot?

If it's not worth it to max either, should I max out increased physical damage + merciless shot?

Or maybe Diversion shot? Seems pretty nice, 155-172 x 5, and you move back.

ShiningSeraph 09-11-2009 04:05 PM

The build Lolwut posted at the top is fine pre-rebirth. Burning Land is one of my favorite moves since it has low cooldown, great damage, and "resets" by being able to hit downed targets. Only downside is you can be in trouble if you use it at the wrong time.

Amplified Railgun is good enough at 1, so yeah. Concentrated Shot is fine pre-rebirth, since all you are doing is regular stages where it is actually effective. Elsewhere, it isn't so spectacular.

Rapid Shot doesn't pierce, but the rebirth version does, so just wait until that. Diversion Shot, I thought about messing with since the bullets do pierce, but I'd rather use it as utility. Physical Damage passive and Merciless Shot are not worth pumping.

eatmyfist 09-13-2009 06:25 PM

Alright, thanks for your input guys.

I'm going to follow lolwut's build, I dumped the rest of the points into IPD.

The build is on the first post.

If anyone else has other opinions to share, please go ahead and do so! ^^

Shadow5YA 09-13-2009 07:00 PM

I still don't think Max Concentrated Shot and Max Burning Land are the best for stages.

As people have already mentioned, the damage from max Concentrated Shot is mediocre. If you want to keep it for stalling/flinching, then leave it at 1. Burning Land at least does a lot of damage, but it leaves you very vulnerable against unflinchable bosses. The skill isn't cancellable at any point, and there's even some delay at the end. Against unflinchable bosses that can hit you at any time they want to, Burning Land is a risky skill to use. You could argue that the smart thing to do is to freeze the boss to give time for Burning Land, but there are better attacks to use after freezing, such as Iron Bomb or Impartial Shot. I understand that maybe it's not that much of a big deal since we're dealing with horrible and slow stage AI, but that still doesn't change my stance that Concentrated Shot and Burning Land are not the best skills to use.

I'd recommend either maxing Magma Explosion or Flame Impact, because they both deal more damage than Concentrated Shot in a shorter amount of time. Both of these Grenade skills also are dash cancellable, with Magma Explosion being easily comboable and Flame Impact being a hard knockdown.

I'd recommend maxing the Physical Damage passive, but its effectiveness solely depends on your ability to >>AS S consistently and in rapid succession, which not many players have mastered (or even plan to master).

eatmyfist 09-14-2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow5YA (Post 977576)
I still don't think Max Concentrated Shot and Max Burning Land are the best for stages.

As people have already mentioned, the damage from max Concentrated Shot is mediocre. If you want to keep it for stalling/flinching, then leave it at 1. Burning Land at least does a lot of damage, but it leaves you very vulnerable against unflinchable bosses. The skill isn't cancellable at any point, and there's even some delay at the end. Against unflinchable bosses that can hit you at any time they want to, Burning Land is a risky skill to use. You could argue that the smart thing to do is to freeze the boss to give time for Burning Land, but there are better attacks to use after freezing, such as Iron Bomb or Impartial Shot. I understand that maybe it's not that much of a big deal since we're dealing with horrible and slow stage AI, but that still doesn't change my stance that Concentrated Shot and Burning Land are not the best skills to use.

I'd recommend either maxing Magma Explosion or Flame Impact, because they both deal more damage than Concentrated Shot in a shorter amount of time. Both of these Grenade skills also are dash cancellable, with Magma Explosion being easily comboable and Flame Impact being a hard knockdown.

I'd recommend maxing the Physical Damage passive, but its effectiveness solely depends on your ability to >>AS S consistently and in rapid succession, which not many players have mastered (or even plan to master).

I learned alot from that post lol o.O

Thanks for your input!!

I'm taking out Concentrated shot for sure, and putting those points into Magma Explosion (great for PvPing, something I do occasionally).

I'm still not totally convinced that Burning Land is that bad, honestly if I could I would put those points somewhere else but there isn't anything else worth maxing, lol. I've had some serious thoughts about Rapid + Diversion shot, just to help me cruise through the lower stages a bit easier, but it's not that hard anyway, so yeah.

I had 5 points leftover, so I dumped the rest into IPD.

Just to let you guys know, I plan on RBing as soon as I hit 70, so yeah, I'll be back with another build including the RB skills ^^b

More work for you guys is coming lol :P

Thanks again.