ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Hunting Grounds > Ryan - The Bounty Hunter

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-07-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

xShadowSinx is on a distinguished road
IGN: Spamzorzz
Class: Healer lu_eir
Level: 2x
Guild: MMOKami
Default Good set effects for Ryan? And PvP build.

I've been away from Lunia for about 3 months now, and I'm always a PvPer. So I'm interested in Ryan, but find there aren't many PvP builds for him yet. I would appreciate it if someone could help me make a decent one or provide me with one I could base my build around to fit my preferences. Since I barely know what he's like, what set effects would be best with him? I will probably get the attack buff, I've heard it helps a lot at lower levels. If it helps to know, I'm a heavy cash user, so funding items and running out of gold shouldn't be a problem.
Krieg-LemonKrieg
Dacy-DamnDacy
Eir-Spamzorzz

B> Eir Rock Soul Equips.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-07-2009   #2 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure how many pvp rooms actually allow set effects nowadays.

Most people just go with the bonus sets, though (Ancient Elf Hero and Ancient White Dragon) since they give MP recovery and the 2-set effect of AEH gives a chance for a damage boost after you use your level 60 skill which is cancelable after the two grenades shoot out. AWD gives HP recovery which is rather evil, but useful.

You could try to get a set that increases physical crits (assuming most of his attacks are physical. i can't remember).

07-07-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

paraesmic will become famous soon enough
IGN: [GS]xHanna
Class: Eir lu_eir
Guild: Arcanum

Mmmh... before the rebirth (and bonus) there were planty of people using L.Drake 6 pieces for the freezing effect and I loved who used the hiding effect (phantom set?)...
but right now their stats would be too low and the effect would be useless.
I'd suggest AWD (Ancient White Dragon) because it has hp regen (+ mp regen if you take all the set)

Quote:
You could try to get a set that increases physical crits (assuming most of his attacks are physical. i can't remember).
Considering that in the passives Ryan has physical crit, I think that his skills are phyisical o_o but I don't know

(yuki=magic attacks > magic critical, lime physical attacks >physical crti, ryan bullets attack = ?!!?

07-07-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Kruger has a spectacular aura aboutKruger has a spectacular aura about
IGN: VaporTrail
Class: E75 / Jagdpanther

physical crits only affect a,s, >>as, and gatling skills. Every other tabs (which do the majority of ryan's damage) are magic, so if you want you can get a mix of L. Lir/ Holy Moon L. Lir sets to get the best chances of magic critical rate.

Bonus sets are already mentioned so I'll skip that.
9th degree greatest general.. best general? Don't remember the name.... gives a very good boost to strength at the cost of quite a bit of int, which hurts ryan's mp pool since their only reliable way of getting mp in a pvp match is the passive mp regeneration boost (a must max for pvp ryans). Not to mention most of ryan's skills eat about 200+ mp when maxed.

If you saved the shining cloak and glove boxes like I did XD, they really add on to the >>as chains which really help.

But yeah choose whatever fits you.

07-08-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

xShadowSinx is on a distinguished road
IGN: Spamzorzz
Class: Healer lu_eir
Level: 2x
Guild: MMOKami

Well I think I'll go full AWD. It's cheap because it's easy to get, great stats, and I think I'll do a high hp-regen build.

HP Regen
HP Regen Buff
AWD 10 HP a second
AWD 4% of damage HP regen

should help a bit. Thanks guys
Krieg-LemonKrieg
Dacy-DamnDacy
Eir-Spamzorzz

B> Eir Rock Soul Equips.

07-11-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraesmic
Considering that in the passives Ryan has physical crit, I think that his skills are phyisical o_o but I don't know

(yuki=magic attacks > magic critical, lime physical attacks >physical crti, ryan bullets attack = ?!!?
Ryan's "melee" chains are physical. All of the skills in the Gatling tab are physical. That means you can still use impartial shot in pvp or Concentrated Shot (ew) and get a critical.

However, Ryan's Grenade skills are magical and do Fire damage. That means ryan's main combo skill, Magma Explosion, doesn't have any crit, as well as Flame Impact (eh...) and the uber hax dmg Iron Bomb.
Ryan's Rail Gun skills do Light damage, so those are magical as well. This includes Ryan's Freeze Rail Gun, Amplified Rail Gun, Rapid Rail Gun, and the first three hits of Merciless Shot.