ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Rusty Hearts > Rusty Hearts General Chat

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
05-24-2011   3 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #61 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

5000 Keys left lawl: Rusty Hearts Closed Beta Key Handout!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-01-2011   #62 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

E3 trailer just released~

06-04-2011   #63 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

So does this make Frantz some angsty noble loner then?

06-04-2011   #64 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Is anyone else having problems getting a closed beta key from that IGN giveaway?

My friend signed up and entered the code, but it just sends him to a blank page with Rusty Hearts pictures.

06-09-2011   #65 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of

Some E3 coverage:

Quote:
Rusty Hearts was actually the first game demoed, but it was the one I enjoyed the most. It is another Korean online game, though this time with a very heavy anime flavor. It may be online-driven, but it shares more in common with brawlers such as God of War or Castle Crashers. The style is a very slick, punk Gothic like later Castlevania titles.

For this demo, only two characters were playable -- a witch with a penchant for big, sharp things and a dude who lets his fists do the talking. However, there are a lot of customization options to distinguish players from one another, such as hair color swaps and wild costumes. How wild? My alt costume was a giant cockroach, someone else's was similar to Kratos' Cod of War, and yet another's was... I swear... friggin' Pedobear.

The game can be played with the keyboard and mouse, but it's optimized for and feels so much better with the controller. You've got an attack button, a jump button, a guard, a magic, and various combinations thereof. You string together combos smoothly, and everything moves at a rapid pace.

The levels themselves can be a bit labyrinthine, with multiple paths and doors that open up after you clear a room. Just from the level I played, there's not much beyond hacking and slashing from room to room, but you know what? I like that. I just want to get a group of folks together and smack the ever-loving piss out of fools.

Perfect World is pushing the free-to-play online for all three titles, so there's very little risk to give them a run once they drop. The closed beta for Rusty Hearts begins next month, while Blacklight Retribution and RaiderZ should be on their way very soon.

Hot babe playing Rusty Hearts. Let's make a guild with her:

Some lucky people in LA got to test it.

Quote:
Rusty Hearts Is Basically Castlevania - PC Preview at IGN

Rusty Hearts is interesting to me, and it took me a little while to figure out why. I mean, at its core it is a session-based action MMO in the style of Dungeon Fighter Online, where you enter a dungeon that is divided into a series of rooms and fight your way from room to room, ultimately encountering some sort of boss. Like DFO, there's a rating system that takes into account how many abilities you use during a dungeon run as well as how well you perform combos. There are four playable characters, though I only saw two -- a scythe-wielding teenager and a brawler called Tude.

What stuck out about Rusty Hearts was the aesthetic. Although the art style looked like basic anime to an anime layman like myself, while playing the game, it felt distinctly similar to Castlevania. The enemies I was fighting were of supernatural origin -- skeletons and vampires and other Castlevania standards -- and the fast pace and heavily exaggerated actions only helped reinforce the impression that I was playing something akin to a Castlevania MMO.

The interaction between weapons and skills were very Castlevania-like as well. Depending on the weapon your character has equipped, their special abilities will have different effects. As the female character with a scythe, one of my moves would draw a line of fire along the ground. With a sword in hand, the same move would just hit enemies explosively. It reminded me of the way the card system worked in Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, with each new card combo performing a different effect.

I can't say for sure whether the story follows the same pattern, as I saw little in the way of the story arc. Perfect World, the western publisher of Rusty Hearts, wants to keep most of the story under wraps for now. I hope that Rusty Hearts introduces enough to differentiate itself from the famous vampire-slaying series, though even if it doesn't, it'll be sure to attract a very specific audience. With the closed beta coming this July, will you be one of them? Let us know in the comments below.

06-11-2011   #66 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Angela statue:

Apparently they gave away teddy bears as well. The ones the little loli is holding in pink and blue. D:

06-15-2011   #67 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Wait... so are we not getting Frantz? I thought he was the very first character in Korea.

06-16-2011   #68 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Nobody knows. I don't really mind since I was planning on playing Tude anyway.

06-16-2011   #69 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Quote:
The story setup is simple: Lord Vlad the leader of the Vampire armies (shocking I know) is waging war against all humans and half-Vampires to be certain that all who remain are purebloods. Itís your job as the player to stand united against him and his minions, and that means a whole lot of dungeon-crawling, arse-kicking, and loot collecting. Rusty Hearts is equal parts Diablo and Castlevania and itís an interesting mix that works well with the keyboard or the Xbox 360 controller I was using. The gameís best feature isnít its story, but rather its beat-em-up action that will remind many of games like Final Fight, Castle Crashers, and even a little Devil May Cry. If that sounds appealing to you in any way shape or form, you should probably keep your eyes on Rusty Hearts.

The combat is a mixture of special skills on your hotbar and attack combos between you and your partners. You can also grab enemies and toss them about or pound them into the ground with Tude, much like the action found in games like Vindictus. Itís all very fast-paced and the enemies drop loot like piŮatas. Everything from potions to gear and special reward cards will line your bags by the time youíre done. At the end of each dungeon thereís a bonus mini-game where all players who picked up cards get to turn over one in the hopes of finding something rare or unique. Youíre all picking from the same cards, so youíd better pick yours quickly and hope luckís on your side. The developers told us that some cards have items that people canít even buy from the store if they wanted to, so I guess thatís pretty good incentive to go card hunting and whack all monsters in a dungeon.
Kewl.____________

06-16-2011   #70 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

cant wait for this x] july come faster!!! QQ
and yay we got our own mini forum /shot

06-17-2011   #71 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

I'm too lazy to even look at what the characters are till the actual beta but I got a beta key I didn't even remember signing up for, go figure.

06-17-2011   #72 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone is still looking for a key, they have 8.4k here:
Rusty Hearts Closed Beta Giveaway

Requires a signup though, if that irks anyone.

06-20-2011   #73 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Teaser for 4th Character Natasha:

06-20-2011   #74 (permalink)
-

Cornlito has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Cornlito
Guild: Frenchbread

With skills like that, I'd imagine she'd be a favorite.

06-20-2011   #75 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

wow she looks kinda fun lol i can sense a bandwagon /shot

06-20-2011   #76 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornMax
With skills like that, I'd imagine she'd be a favorite.
Well, it's a teaser. They're gonna make it look especially fun. The real product is never as fun as the commercial.

Case and point: every commercial ever for a movie playing in theaters

06-20-2011   #77 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Well you know what
I have the biggest boner for that character at the moment just because she kicks and has dual guns.

Now depending on her actual character design, I might be torn between her and Angela for scythe. ;_;

06-21-2011   #78 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Eden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Tabi, Renmei

Well, I think I know who I'm gonna play now.

06-21-2011   #79 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Is she supposed to be that purple haired girl or someone else?

06-21-2011   #80 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
Is she supposed to be that purple haired girl or someone else?
Yes____________