ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Rusty Hearts General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/rusty-hearts-general-chat/)
-   -   Got a Scythe Focus Build? (http://ggftw.com/forum/rusty-hearts-general-chat/112610-got-scythe-focus-build.html)

StormVentus 05-19-2012 07:34 PM

Got a Scythe Focus Build?

Alright so I just recently finished the quest for Scythe Focus, I didn't touch a single SP point in order to keep my scythe build nice. If you are Scythe Focus or have a nice Scythe Focus build please share.

PKShota 05-19-2012 08:01 PM

Lv4 Wall of Fire + Upgrade (Your core Scythe skill <3)
Lv4 Fireball + Upgrade
Lv4 Fire of Fury + Upgrade
*Lv whatever Pumpkin Bomb - You may get this skill but be warned, a rumor says the damage is bugged, I have not experienced this yet
Lv whatever Fire Field

Lv4 Windy Blast
Lv2 Tornado + Upgrade (optional but recommended)
Lv3 Rock Fist
Lv3 or Lv4 Sandstorm

Lv2 Magic Missile (I believe Lv1 shoots 2 missiles, right? If it shoots 3 then keep it at Lv1, otherwise go for Lv2)
Lv3 Heal (may increase if you wish, I kept mine at 5)
Lv1 Pillar of Light

Lv1 Ice Blade + Upgrade (optional skill but recommended for big single strikes in PvE or Ice Blade+Sandstorm trick game in PvP)
Lv3 Ice Crystal
Lv whatever Freeze
Lv whatever Ice Burst + Upgrade

Lv2 Windy Weapon (prereq. for Rust Tornado)
Lv whatever Max HP Increase (this is a buff, this will be your healing skill per 150 seconds while you wait for Heal's enormous cooldown of 270)
Max Increase Damage (this is a buff)

Max all element Mastery skills (Scythe, Water, Fire, Wind), but keep Holy Mastery at Lv3 for Pillar of Light.

Avoid these skills:

Quote:

Pillars of Fire (it requires higher level Wall of Fire/Fireball as prereq for Fire Mastery, which raises their cooldown. The damage sucks anyways and you do more with Wall of Fire per 3 seconds)
Cure: Frozen
Ice Weapon
HP/MP increase
(these are the passives. It's a very small amount later on when you have thousands upon thousands of both at high levels, but it's a good dump skill if you have nothing better to raise)

Sleep (I think it has some use, but not many, I'd say avoid it unless you have nothing better to take)

Cloth Mastery (A lot of people don't like this. The mana returned is either bugged or doesn't work right to my understanding and this leaves you with very little physical defense, a lot of Angela's mix and match armors to find the best Phy/Mag and damage bonuses. You want a pretty balanced amount.
While you can avoid Cloth Mastery I still use it just in case it does become more useful. Right now mine is at Lv6 but whatever. I don't feel like hunting for stat armor, so.

Anyways, trust me on this build. With this build I have 159 spare points in case I have some skill emergency in the future. If you have questions feel free to ask.

StormVentus 05-19-2012 08:18 PM

Well so far I have the following

Normal
Windy Blast: Level 2
Fire Wall: level 4
Rock Fist: Level 3
Sandstorm: Level 2

Special
Tornado : Level 1
Magic Missle: Level 4
Ice Blade Level 1

Buff Skills
Max Hp Increase: Level 3

Passive'

MP Increase: Level 4
Water Mastery: Level 1
Scythe Focus: Level 1
Upgrade: Wall of Fire: Level 1
Wind Mastery: Level 1
Mid Air Dash: Level 1
Hp Increase: Level 1
Roll-Down: Level 1
Magic Damage Increase: Level 3
Help of the Wind: Level 2
Fabric Master: Level 5
Scythe Mastery: Level 3

I hope this seems ok and maybe you can adjust somethings to make it work?

PKShota 05-19-2012 08:44 PM

You're fine, not many problems. A few overleveled skills isn't a big deal (but many overleveled skills is)

Keep following the build but watch the skill's next level for increase in cooldown. Never let your skills' cooldown increase. (Unless it is necessary for powerful skills. The exception to this rule is Pillars of Fire.)

Edit: I got some new info:

Level Fire Mastery until you need Wall of Fire to be upgraded. Then just keep it there, don't level Wall of Fire.

Fire of Fury is an option to max, it's easy to execute but may leave you open from my experience.

Max Ice Blade (optional, not recommended in my opinion), Ice Crystal, Freeze
Lv1 Ice Burst

Pillar of Light may be optionally maxed, but I recommend saving the SP until your late levels to decide about the investment.

This is from another person and I haven't tried maxing said skills yet, so save your SP by keeping them at low levels then decide for investment later.

Gladiat 05-22-2012 10:27 AM

Did they fix Ice Blade? I remember the hitbox being really messed up in CB.

ANXHaruhi 07-27-2012 08:50 AM

This still applies post reborn? Wanted to go back to Angela and since I have been reading everywhere be careful with your SP now and focus on only one skillpath mostly, makes me lost about the best way to spend points.

Gladiat 07-27-2012 11:49 AM

Did they make any major changes to SP or skills in the last 2 months? This was posted in May so it might not be as up-to-date with the current state of the game.

Shadow5YA 07-27-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladiat (Post 1751446)
Did they make any major changes to SP or skills in the last 2 months? This was posted in May so it might not be as up-to-date with the current state of the game.

Yes, very major. Most offensive skills max out at lower levels (like 3-5), cooldowns have changed, prerequisites have changed, base SP has changed, new SP quests, and SP costs have changed. Most active skills are slightly cheaper, but the Masteries are expensive as hell.

One look at the new skill tree should give you an idea of how different it is.

ANXHaruhi 07-27-2012 12:24 PM

That's why I'm asking. After seeing some user comments about the new system recommending to spend only in one of the 3 section of the skillset, while being quite obvious that doing it on Angela scythe it's like cutting her power by a good margin, I've got my doubts about what to do.

Shadow5YA 07-28-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANXHaruhi (Post 1751460)
That's why I'm asking. After seeing some user comments about the new system recommending to spend only in one of the 3 section of the skillset, while being quite obvious that doing it on Angela scythe it's like cutting her power by a good margin, I've got my doubts about what to do.

I don't personally have a Weapon Focused Angela, so I can't give any specific tips, but I can say that SP is definitely tight now.

However, I can give general tips about what to prioritize.

First, invest in everything under the Base column. The roll, air dashes, Armor Mastery, and weapon Mastery passives are all necessary.

Second, make sure you have one level (and possibly only one level) in the active/attack skills you need. Leaving things at lv1 sounds limiting, but missing other skills completely because of no SP is even worse.
The reason why SP is so tight is because the Skill Masteries (Wind Mastery, Fire Mastery, etc.) cost hundreds of SP now. There isn't enough to invest in all three skill branches, but at the same restricting yourself to one branch is severely limiting your character's ability.

Limit the levels you invest into the Skill type Masteries to the minimum needed as prerequisites for attack/buffing skills. As nice as Cooldown reduction sounds, the amount of time it reduces is often less than 1 second. The passives don't really have a large impact on skill cooldowns unless the they are large numbers, like the lv~40 skills with 100+ sec cooldowns.

Hope that helps.

ANXHaruhi 07-31-2012 03:49 AM

Thanks for the tips! I think I'll be able to level up the skills without missing something. Just a question It's better level up the skills or the masteries? Mainly what is more damage-wise for spending the SP after getting up to lvl cap and have some SP left. Thanks for all