ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Rusty Hearts Announcements (http://ggftw.com/forum/rusty-hearts-announcements/)
-   -   [NA] Rusty Hearts Expansion: Reborn (http://ggftw.com/forum/rusty-hearts-announcements/114709-rusty-hearts-expansion-reborn.html)

WingedSylphe 07-11-2012 02:28 PM

Rusty Hearts Expansion: Reborn

Rusty Hearts - Free Multiplayer Hack 'n' Slash

That HG Tude <3

Also, need help to update the wiki with incoming stuff :py55:

PKShota 07-11-2012 04:26 PM

my body is ready.

Nihil679 07-11-2012 08:20 PM

What changes did they make to existing weapons, if any? I might be understanding it wrong, but it sounds like existing weapons get some new stuff, I don't remember hearing anything about it when people posted about the new weapons.

WingedSylphe 07-12-2012 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nihil679 (Post 1744797)
What changes did they make to existing weapons, if any? I might be understanding it wrong, but it sounds like existing weapons get some new stuff, I don't remember hearing anything about it when people posted about the new weapons.

This patch will add new weapons (twin sword, glaive, heavy gauntlet and weapon bag). You'll have to create a new character to use those weapons. As for the existing weapons, the korean version had revamp of the skills' power/cooldown/w.e.

I'll be adding more details as soon as I obtain them :py45:

james 07-13-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingedSylphe (Post 1744905)
This patch will add new weapons (twin sword, glaive, heavy gauntlet and weapon bag). You'll have to create a new character to use those weapons.

So my current Edgar can't use a Glaive? Or does that only apply to charas who have already picked a main weapon?

PKShota 07-13-2012 10:33 PM

I think he means if you want to use the focus for the weapon you'll have to make a new character. You could probably still use the weapon if you can get one, just not use its focus skills.

/hopingEdgarbecomesfree2createforamoment

RaiTheSoul 07-15-2012 12:05 AM

I'm about to start playing this game but should I wait until this happens?

PKShota 07-19-2012 03:53 PM

I should mention this:

Rusty Hearts exclusive preview - Rising again ... | GamesRadar

Quote:

Old favorites haven’t been neglected: resident badass Tude goes from a clawed close-range pugilist to a bonafide metal boxer with his dual steel gauntlets, which amplify his already-impressive melee bashing tenfold. As if the new job focuses weren’t enough, two previously-premium characters will now be completely free, so stingy gamers can look forward to giving them a go.
I have very high hopes Edgar will become free, for one, Roselle seems more popular than the other avatars, and currently, Meilin is in her 2nd giveaway contest.

But I'm thinking Roselle will stay premium. Because we already have Leila, and she's free.

Either way I'm still expecting to play Edgar for free. /needglaive+msword

BoredomKillz 07-19-2012 05:02 PM

ooooo i hope its edgar, i wanted to try glaive and dont want to make another angela orz

WingedSylphe 07-19-2012 05:31 PM

Well guess what guys, I got good news!

Perfect World Entertainment's Mark Hill previews Rusty Hearts: Reborn | Massively

Quote:

PWE is also looking to provide players with a wider variety of characters to choose from, so the studio has decided to make Edgar, who is currently available only via cash-shop purchase, playable from the get-go.
=)

Edit: Fun fact:
One week ago a previous interview about the expansion was telling this:
Quote:

As if the new job focuses weren’t enough, two previously-premium characters will now be completely free, so stingy gamers can look forward to giving them a go.
However, on this interview only Edgar was confirmed being free. After asking Summ (the community manager), he confirmed me it, which makes Edgar and Leila free, and Meilin and Roselle CS-avatars.

Now with the 2 interviews I think ppl got it wrong on the 1st one. They kinda forgot the fact that Leila was at the base a CS-avatar which they THEN decided to make free.

I'm now facing a huge rant on the forums because ppl wanted ALL avatars to be free (like in the korean version of the game).
However I understand PWE's logic. Meilin and Roselle are still quite used/popular by the community, while Edgar is... well, less appreciated, which may be why he ends up free.

BoredomKillz 07-19-2012 06:13 PM

woot /o/ yay shota with a spear! /shot
is he free right now? /might actually patch now or something x]

WingedSylphe 07-19-2012 06:28 PM

He'll be free when the expansion is out, on the 24th.
I might go and grab him (I have already one, but wanna start a fresh one forthe forest area) so who knows :3

BoredomKillz 07-19-2012 06:34 PM

ah okies, ill try him out on the 24th /o/ (or not since elsword is updating too /shot)

WingedSylphe 07-19-2012 06:37 PM

And trickster'd updating on the 24th too.
Is that day the MMO Update day? XD

Anyways, maybe I should prepare a list with all the people who's gonna be on for the 24th o.o
Mebbe we can all discover the new stuff together o.o XD

PKShota 07-19-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingedSylphe (Post 1748155)
Edgar was confirmed being free

OMG YES

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...i_Sadistic.png

BoredomKillz 07-19-2012 06:56 PM

unfortunately i am west server =( it always seems like the ggftw ppls are on east in all the games xD

Nihil679 07-19-2012 06:58 PM

The 24th is like the day of everything.
Even my Yugioh booster pack is coming out that day.

WingedSylphe 07-19-2012 06:58 PM

Actually, I should be playing on EU since Im french.

Blame Sid for getting me into East in the first place XD

james 07-19-2012 08:14 PM

MAKING ALL THE EDGARS IN THE WORLD AND HAVING ZeRO REGRETS.

I want this patch now. :v

XIIAlexIIX 07-20-2012 02:44 AM

Eh. So I have to buy another Roselle just to get twin swords?