League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-30-2011   #161 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Sin turned her head towards the source of the explosion, only to be greeted by the sea of phantasms that came pouring out. "It's never that easy, is it." She groaned.

Sin walked over to the four sins, waving her hand at them. "Rest, I'll need you later." With that, they disappeared, though their presence can still be felt within the seven swords floating behind Sin.

Sin turned around, her scythe followed and cleaved off the bodies of two crawlers and the arms of a roper. "Let's make haste, we'll have less casualties and have to care about less dead weight if we make a mad dash for the entrance." She pointed at direction towards the entrance, a short row of chains rained down upon the phantasms a few meters ahead of them, only to be filled back in by more.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-05-2011   #162 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Nasu Kha
Class: Carpenter lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Watching as the phantasms burst out from the direction she just pointed in, Anna couldn't help but let out a huge sigh. "Come on now Hooch, it's just me," she groaned, "Yeah we've brought some people you'd probably rather not see, but this is a bit much."

Anna groaned as she stood up, limbering up her joints which were still going stiff from the cold, despite her fire enchantment. Tch, you know, I've still got a lot going on at work... if they cut my body at all, I'm going to ****ing kill everybody. It's not just my life on the line, it's my livelihood too.

She proceeded to reach into her father's bag, and pulled out... "What in the hell is this? Durandal?" she pondered out loud, "How in the HELL did he get this?!"

But there was no time to think about that. She whispered into the blade, and it began to glow white. She then rushed over to Romeo and struck down the huge phantasm that had threatened him with a swift strike to the goddamn face! "I swear," she said to the angel, "He probably has Blackbeard's severed head in here somewhere."

10-10-2011   #163 (permalink)
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Flesh and gore spread as the clashes of blade on bone persisted. The Phantasms, however, seemed endless. With strong bouts of carnage and blood lust more of the beasts replaced those that fell. In the midst of battle, a familiar woman with feathered wings of darkness and a sword of flame rose up to face the group.

"You can not pass," Fortunata raised her blade, "You shall not pass!"

From the skies overhead a unfamiliar airship roared and from it dropped... Incubi and Succubi!? Kanaete Kagamiya was amongst the first to fall! Her, and a man with a strong likeness to her and Kai yet looked to be much... Older. Kana wielded the same crimson and black blade she had during her time in the army; the older man a simple dagger with a strange oriental pipe in his free hand. With them were Kagamiya cubi armed to the teeth and ready for battle.

"You all saw what the message said!" The man roared to the crowd, "Now fight for your pride... And for this world!"

As if right on cue a odd ringing filled the air. Drake who had already left the plane once they retrieved Emilio looked to the skies. What he saw was an unbelievable sight.

"The souls being sucked up..." Drake blabbered on, "They're... Stopping?... No, They're..."

In this infinite concentration, I will execute the purge,

Singing full of magic filled the air. It was surprisingly good, considering the voice belonged to...

"Lucifer!?" Frigga exclaimed, "Lucifer is... Singing!?"

For the sake of summoning and liberating you, little bird
I shall purge the evil that threatens you!

The phantasms' behavior changed slightly, as if they were taking to... Sickness! Fatigue seemed to fall upon them but ever so slightly, yet as the song progressed more horrible effects fell upon the Phantasms. Nothing seemed to befall upon the party and cubi assassins though!

Drake punched a Phantasm in it's god damn face. His hand burnt a bit from their acidic fluids yet compared to before the effect seemed diluted. Like what happened in those early chemistry labs years ago at school with acids, water, and bases.

"I don't get it," Drake made his way to where the others were, "Lucifer is our enemy, right? And if this is really him singing... Why's he helping us?"

"It feels like I should be remembering something very important..." Bianca struck down a good handful of crawlers with lightning magics, then scratched at her head, "But what could it be?"

Celina shrugged as she set aflame a large deformed Phantasm of sorts, "You're not the only one. I have the same feeling."

"Like there's something in the very back of my head trying to nag at me..." Romeo added.

"Less talking, we need to get through these foul beasts!" Michael barked at the others. However I do understand what my kin are getting at...

In this hurried frenzy of destruction, I will cut the bonds that hold soul and flesh together!
Purge the evil spirits, purge the diseased flesh, purge the taint!
In this hurried frenzy of destruction, I will cut the bonds that hold soul and flesh together!
Begone and fall from this ephemeral world!

"The souls are singing and dancing with the magic..." Drake thought aloud once he finally reached the main group.

Ludo looked over at Drake, "So that's what the odd ringing in the air is... Correct?"

"I think so," The teen nodded, "These monsters are getting mighty spazzy..."

Fortunata held her head, but didn't seem effected by the song much, "Damn... The real Lucifer is... But I thought Death..." She muttered under her breath.

"Anyways if we're going to cut down Fortunata now's the time to do it!" Romeo pointed out.

Spoiler!

Dance!
Dance!

I will sing unto the corrupted ritual
You are a sacrifice for this night of evils!

I am the dancing fallen morning star, a sacrifice for this world
You are a sacrifice, give yourself to me!

Dancing to the countdown of Metempsychosis, that is my fate

If my body were to exhaust in the midst of this sealing ritual
The earths will crumble, the skies will shatter
The ugly face of truth will come forth and bring about the end

Those other phantasms in the skies... They're going to terrorize the worlds! Bianca thought in slight panic, Maya... Maya, can you hear me? It's an emergency!.. Maya....!

---

"Have a seat... The least I could do is get you a drink."

Maya took a seat on the mighty comfortable looking leather sofa, "Thank you."

"I was told to stay here," Maya began to explain, "I'm... As you would say am like a server for the other archangels. Our minds are all interconnected and we can communicate via our minds. However this connection is severed when I'm in battle, or even when I'm... killed." Maya stayed quiet for a bit, "A-anyways I don't really know anyone in this city since I usually stay in Bi'nah so I appreciate this mu..."

Maya cut herself off, and looked like she had seen a ghost. She instantly stood from her seat and was quick to find the balcony. The dark terror in the skies that she saw in the distance was more then enough to freak out. At least internally.

"Grandison! Forget the drink! This is..."

An odd distant song seemed to resounded too and though Maya felt she was forgetting something she merely shrugged it off. She couldn't tell who was singing since it was just far too faint.

"... This is bad." Was all Maya could muster under her breath.

---

Oh, even if my body were to crumble...

"These maggots are more annoying then how Kazzy summed them up!" the old man bit down on his pipe as he backed up from cutting down a phantasm.

Kana frowned, "You're too care-free... Just like Kazuki, Dad... You should really be more serious about this, you know."

"I know," the old man laughed, "Oh right, I heard my grandson from your end is a ginger! I have an onslaught of ginger jabs and jokes to taunt him with when I finally meet him!"

"When are you finally going to turn senile?"

Even if my soul were to be extinguished...

Fortunata called forth brilliant tongues of fire and darkness with her blade. She directed them at the party but her strength was really lacking compared to the battle in the Yggdrasil. Perhaps the song really was affecting her strength!

I will continue to pray for Purification,
Purification of the heavens, purification of the land, purification of the outside and the inside, purification of the six roots of perception
Heavenly gods, earthly gods, gods of myriads
Should you be free your presence will bring naught but destruction!

Let the real battle begin!

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

Last edited by Dani; 10-10-2011 at 04:28 PM.

10-10-2011   #164 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert

"You can not pass... You shall not pass!"

Such a familiar voice... Anna pondered, still mid-battle, Why do I remember this?

She turned for a moment and saw a somewhat familiar face, though she couldn't put her finger on who it belonged to... Not like it mattered, what with the cubi falling from the sky!

"In this infinite concentration, I will execute the purge,"

"Lucifer!? Lucifer is... Singing!?"

"For the sake of summoning and liberating you, little bird
I shall purge the evil that threatens you!"

My... my head... Anna thought to herself, her head pounding, What in the...

The voices of her companions began to fade from her ears, and all she could hear was the song:

Dance!

Dance!

Purification of the heavens, purification of the land, purification of the outside and the inside, purification of the six roots of perception

As the lyrics were muttered, both Anna and Frigga dropped to the ground in a heap. Soon enough, Anna lifted herself up and started dusting off the snow, only to notice some serious changes to her form: no longer did she have her tattoos, her hair turned black, but even more noticeable than that... She had a devil tail, black wings, and her breasts had grown from a C to an E!

"What in the..." Anna choked on her words, "What in the hell just happened to me?"

It only took a quick look to the still unconscious Frigga for Anna to realize that her goddess spirit had shut down. "So... this is how I look as a succubus, huh?" She pondered out loud.

She quickly tried (and failed) to button up another button on her now-tight pajama top, then grabbed Durandal out of the snow and dashed back into the fray -- or so she thought, as she tripped over her own feet. "Shit, my center of gravity is completely off," she muttered, as she began to limber up again, "This new... figure... is going to take some getting used to."

Last edited by Joey; 10-10-2011 at 05:48 PM.

10-10-2011   #165 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games
Cosmic BreakGrand ChaseMapleStoryMabinogi

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Marzai
IGN: -points at name-
Guild: None

Finir followed Drake all the while after retrieving Emilio from the ship. As he did, he animated from the ground a huge slab of ice, as if a scooper dug into soft ice cream. The slab broke into pieces of various sizes and swirled around his body, until it all crashed down on him. In a flash, the Dragonkin was donned in a spiny ice armor that made his fierce appearance all the more potent. Surely, this would be needed for the onslaught.

"You can not pass...You shall not pass!"

That voice...

"Fortunata..." The Azure dragon said intensified. The memory of her seemed to be obsessive to this thoughts with any reminder of her. His mane stood on end, and his pupils thinned as he clinched an ice-armored fist. He was on the verge of being ambitious, readying a sprint toward the source of the voice. She was a key part to his Goddess's suffering, and he was going to make sure every atom of Fortunata was destroyed.

Just as Finir began to sprint, he noticed his incubus friend looking to the skies to see...another airship?! And falling from its lower side was a wave of Cubi, seemingly almost as endless as the Phantasms!

"This...This must be the Kagamiya!" Finir exclaimed, noticing the first entity jetting down from above - it was Kai's sister, Kana! With her was what seemed to be the epitome of Kai as his older self...perhaps this was his and her father?

"In this infinite concentration, I will execute the purge,"

The Dragonkin twitched his bony ears to an awful surprise.

"Wait...the King of Lies...? Was that his voice just now...?" It was hard to determine at first, but Frigga's exclamation confirmed it for the Dragonkin. As it went on, he could tell, too, that Lucifer...was singing.

"For the sake of summoning and liberating you, little bird
I shall purge the evil that threatens you!"

"Where is...this coming from?!" Finir started to look about himself. It was coming from behind him, then from the side, and from above, or beyond the wave of Phantasms - No, it was everywhere, for everyone to hear. And, upon further observation, it had a profound effect on the Phantasms.

"They--" a crawler ambushed Finir from the left as it latched onto his arm, tongue swirling about his face. The acid being tossed did get in between the seems of the Dragonkin's armor, but surprisingly enough, it didn't hurt as much as it did in Chokma. Finir twisted his body, using his weight to slam the crawler down into the snow and ice, where he magicked up ice spikes that impaled and eventually entombed it.

"They are indeed weakened by this song," Finir muttered to himself, "But why would the Devil Dragon be helping us...?" The azure dragon's mind was conflicting himself as he strode to Drake's side, who also had to deal with a Phantasm. All the while, the song continued to ring throughout the air:

Dance!
Dance!

At that moment, dark flames pursued the party from among the Phantasms. It was surely from Fortunata! The flames nearly caught Finir off guard with a twitch, but he sprinted forth in front of Drake and Ludo.

"Drake! Ludo!" With a sliding stop, the azure dragon conjured up a large, jagged ice barrier in front of himself, jabbing his claws upward as if he were a orchestral conductor wanting a terrifying, dramatic crescendo. The flames licked away at the barrier considerably, but to no avail; the ice held firm against the weakened torch.

Lowering his large arms with a slouch, Finir sighed, "Thank goodness I was nearby..."

"Those other voices though...those were the souls! Why do they sing?" Finir thought to himself with worry.

With a turn of his head, he sighted Anna, getting up from a daze...with demon wings and a demon tail?!

"...Did I miss somethi--" He was cut off by the sight of a downed Frigga, which made Finir let out a sound of urgency.

"Lady Frigga!" Finir shouted, stopping to a kneel. "Lady Frigga, are you alright?! Anna, what happ--?!"

Finir cut himself short by the sight of Anna's rather...dramatic change in bust size. Unbeknownst to himself, he started to blush.

"...What happened here, indeed...?" he muttered in a stunned tone.

Pinkie Pool's archnemesis: Oatmeal.

Last edited by Marzai; 10-12-2011 at 06:35 PM.

10-11-2011   #166 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

"You shall not pass!"

Sin turned towards the voice, bare of emotions in her reply. "Oh, it's you. I'll make sure not to kill you so that when we get rid of my father, you will be under my command for all the trouble you caused me."

As Sin was ready to engage upon Fortunata, the sound of Lucifer singing throughout the field stopped her momentarily. She stood and watched with carelessness as events unfolded rapidly. The absence of the soul vacuum. The cubi family airships appearing. The lack of vigor in the phantasms.

"So was that how things played out?" She questioned to herself. A barrier of chains whipped away the weak flames from Fortunata. "It seems this will be easier than I thought."

Eyes appeared around Fortunata and chains shot out of them, attempting to bind her in place.

10-12-2011   #167 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

A large scale battle was in full swing with the emergence of the Phantasms. The incoming ships were flooding out soldiers as well, and some of them took off to shoot down the Phantasms in the sky.

Theresia was already running back to the Iolyses when singing fell upon the battlefield, and incubi and succubi were falling from the skies. The singing seemed to be hindering the Phantasms, and help was always welcome. Questions later, action now, Theresia made her way to the ship and took command.

Leht meanwhile, was still just relaxing on the ship, despite the outbreak of Phantasms. Just more reason to not go outside. The eerie singing that seemed to originate from nowhere didn't help either.

11-01-2011   #168 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Guild: Hardcore

"Grandison forget the drink" maya said.

"Really, it's no problem," Grandison was saying as he exited the kitchen area to reenter the living room with a glass of water only to see that his guest had made her way onto his balcony.

"Maya," he called, walking and approaching her slowly.

Upon stepping outside to join her he could barely catch the words that passed through his guest's lips.

"...This is bad," she uttered, gazing out into the city skyline.

She didn't seem to be talking to him nor did she acknowledge his presence. It was as if her attention was focused on something, he didn't know what though.

Grandison found himself enamored by the unbridled expression that colored Maya's face. Her very eyes conveyed a disjointedness and unsettled the demon. He had to summon every bit of his well to tear away.

In the distance the sky was darkening.

"Maya... what's happening?" he asked, hoping to get her attention.

-----

Emilio followed Drake out into the battlefield. There really was no way to describe the carnage but thankfully there was help against the phantasms from an army of cubi and even an unknown song. The song seemed to make the phantasms disoriented so Emilio took that opportunity to knock them back with some light daggers before sending a healing wave to the allies in his vicinity who were already fighting when he arrived.

That happened to include Frigga, Anna and Finir. If Emilio noticed the change in Anna's bust size he didn't make any indication.

"Are you ok?" He asked the group, dropping down to tend to Frigga. He sent a bit of healing wave through her but she wouldn't stir. "it won't be safe to leave her here," he noted.

11-02-2011   #169 (permalink)
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

Maya heard Grandison call her named and snapped out of it. She turned her head so she could look at Grandison directly but there was still a hint of fear evident on her face. She opened her mouth to say something, along with a few gestures of her hands to try and explain, but the angel didn't realize that she'd been panicked to the point that she ended up rambling. Bringing her hands to her face to rub her temples she took a deep breath and decided to try all over again.

"... It's Bianca and the others who went to Niflheim," Maya tried to explain calmly, "... They have found the gate to Neflheim... But then Phantasms suddenly came pouring out of the entrance. The Phantasms aren't stopping at the North Pole though... They're spreading out all over the world!" Maya pointed out to the darkening horizon, "I need to speak with the King..."

Maya bit down on her bottom lip in a bit of a childish pout. If it weren't for the situation it would be a bit humorous that the normally composed woman was bearing a child-like expression.

"... Even if I were to warn the King in time of the Phantasms... Would the message be sent out to the other kingdoms? Or..." She quickly shook her head, "You're of nobility, correct? Could you arrange an emergency meeting of any sort with the King, or even a leading commander of some sort?"

---

And the battle between Fortunata and the party began, and it was the phantasm that took the initiative.

With a flap of her grand black wings, Fortunata summoned many clusters of her black feathers and shot them in the direction of the party. The feathers themselves caught aflame and were now deadly arrows of fire and darkness. In the midst of the chaos of Phantasms and gore, Fortunata seemed to vanish in the pandemonium. However she soon emerged when she brought down her flaming sword on Finir with little to no warning, but not at the same deadly speed she had the last time they fought. Surges of flame pillars and darkness soon enveloped the battlefield for their quarrel, almost like the party and Fortunata were detached from the rest of the allied forces.

All the while the singing continued in the background:

In the far off corners of the worlds...
Fall asleep and never wake, Gods of corruption
Lock yourselves into your eternal dreams
And entrust yourselves to the promise of preservation for the worlds.

Ludo quickly twisted and flew up into the air to avoid the arrows and tongues of flame that threatened to burn off all his tails. The fox grimaced slightly at the sight of the flames and inky darkness as they started to climb up from the ground like a grotesque beast trying to reach for it's prey. As soon as he drifted down to a safe location he was quickly jumped by a random crawler and rolled onto his back in a struggle to force the savage fiend away. All the while Ludo was spitting out a colourful string of curses in an unfamiliar accent. (( think Scottish accent loool ))

Soon enough Phantasms started to enter the fray where the party and Fortunata and disrupt the flow of the fight; lashing out at the party members and threatening to take them down.

Drake was cut off from the party, and was outside of the field of flames that they were fighting Fortunata and some Phantasms in. The archangels save for Bianca were cut off from the others too and were fighting off the swarms of Phantasms.

With a snap of her fingers, Bianca summoned lightning that struck down a handful of the creatures. She was about to turn her attention to Fortunata when she saw the incoming dark flame arrows and quickly wrapped herself with her wings. As soon as they struck she spread them in a quick burst and managed to somewhat protect herself from the projectiles.

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

Last edited by Dani; 11-02-2011 at 03:19 PM.

11-02-2011   #170 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

One of the swords floating behind Sin disappeared, a portal appearing in its place and a robed woman of messy, gold and black hair walking out, a chain tying her back to where the still opened abyss. She armed herself with the large gauntlets strapped to her back, sending a backhand into the air that deflected the arrows. After clearing the volley, she stretched her arms, letting out a yawn and turning back to Sin. "Nice to be out again, how about a drink for the occasion?"

"You will receive all the drinks you want when you reborn after this mission." Sin replied, unamused.

She grinned. The woman then ran at blazing speed towards Fortunata yelling, "Oi, out of the way dragon-boy before I accidentally smush you like a beer can!" She stopped meters away, but a punch into the direction of Fortunata sent a huge shockwave that parted the phantasms in the way as it surged towards Fortunata and Finir.

11-03-2011   #171 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

Grandison was a bit stunned by the sudden change in Maya's demeanor but he nodded and wordlessly pulled his phone from his pocket, hit a button and dialed a number.

"Yes... yes, I request an audience right away... I don't care. This is rather urgent, or have you not noticed the darkening clouds?" Grandison hung up his phone.

"Well, we better hurry to the palace before that idiot gets some idea of his own," Grandison said with a slight frown, turning and heading back into the apartment to grab his keys. "Despite the General being a bit of an idiot he's the best bet we have right now."

11-03-2011   #172 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all

Emilo approached him, the fainted goddess still within the Dragonkin's grasp. Finir shook her lightly in hopes of rousing her from this small coma. Then a few more times. Nothing. But even in her current state, the air seemed most calm, and almost therapeutic. However, it was Emilio's healing efforts that really calmed his nerves. He looked back at his approaching comrade to confirm the source of the healing and gave him an approving nod, then looked back at Frigga. Still nothing.

"Frigga, please...!" The azure dragon begged.

When a orange light flickered in Finir peripheral vision, he snapped his head toward the source, seeing Fortunata's wings catch aflame as she spread their wickedness in the majority of his view. But almost in the same instance, she disappeared from sight. For a moment, he felt a huge wave of heat coming toward him, which prompted him to grab Emilio and pull him close as he did Frigga, and conjure what of an ice barrier he could in what little time he had.

Fortunata brought the flaming sword down fiercely. Her lack of speed, however, was definitely evidence of the effects of Lucifer's singing. The force of her strike blew the three back as the ice barrier instantly shattered and melted away. They tumbled along the snow as Phantasms started to encroach on the disoriented dragon and his rescuees.

A Crawler bit down on his arm that held Frigga, but he dared not let go of the vulnerable goddess. He used that opportunity to ice over his arm, demolishing through the side of its head. From behind, there was a Grappler who latched its arms around Finir's neck. For a moment, he struggled, but then used his bladed tail to slash through the arms, and then jerked his head back to blow an ice shard from his maw.

At that instant, there was a voice approaching him:

"Oi, out of the way dragon-boy before I accidentally smush you like a beer can!" He jerked his head back, seeing a woman punching a shockwave in his direction! With a grunt, he held tightly to both Emilio and Frigga by the waists, spread his wings, then leaped with a giant beat. The wave nearly nicked his tail, but he didn't look back to see any of the effects. His main concern was the protection of the two within his arms. He flew and spiraled away into the air atop a lop-sided structure.

Gently, he let go of Emilio and Frigga, and heaved a breath. The whole thing was so fast, but he made it out of there alright. And it seemed that angel and the goddess were unharmed as well. Good.

"Are you alright?" Finir asked Emilio for good measure. He couldn't, at that moment, help but let out a chuckle. "I still see the bruise from where I punched Fortunata. She must be real angry with me!"

11-06-2011   #173 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

As the wall of flames divided up the party, Anna kept watching Fortunata very closely. The phantasm was obviously very peeved, and it was apparent that she was trying to end the battle quickly. Fortunata, like the other phantasms, was also weaker than normal, and Anna, as well as the party, had taken note of this. She continued to limber up, getting in a few practice swings with Durandal before getting surrounded by a phantasm hoard. Looks like it's gonna get worse before it gets better, she thought before dropping to the ground and performing a staple of breakdancing: the windmill.

She kicked a bunch of them in the face, incapacitating them, before taking advantage of the momentum of the windmills, her higher center of gravity, and her wings to send herself flying over the mob that was surrounding her, and right towards Fortunata. She followed quickly behind a shockwave caused by a sin. Anna flew right by Finir and the two he was carrying on her way toward Fortunata, but made sure to shoot them a wink while she was in transit.

She swung Durandal to increase her momentum even more, which sent her flying even faster toward Fortunata, only moments away from a strike with the legendary sword!

11-07-2011   #174 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Emilio let out a surprised squeak (don't judge him) as Finir grabbed him and Frigga and brought them to a more safe place, away from their assailant. When he was let go, he sat on the structure a bit wide eyed.

"Are you alright?" asked the dragonkin. "... she must be real angry with me."

"Well you know what they say about a woman scorned," muttered Emilio, looking down and noticing how lifeless Frigga seemed to be.

"My magic isn't helping," he stated.

----

Maya and Grandison pulled up to the palace gates and maybe to Maya's surprise or maybe not they were greeted by some armed guards who ushered them in through the gate. On the other side stood the supreme general of King Cornelius army, dressed in his uniform and with a stern expression.

"What is this about? The King is very busy," the man said, sending a look towards grandison and then another at the girl with him. "And I dont think this is the right time to be introducing your girlfriend."

Grandison shook his head, shrugging off the accusation. "Trust me, the King is not high on my priorities to introduce my lady to. That said, I think you had best listen to my companion here."

He then waited for Maya to explain.

11-07-2011   #175 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

"No," Finir agreed. "It's not..."

The Dragonkin saw that from where he was, it was a good chance to plant himself to heave out breath attacks, like a living ice cannon. This would be great support for his allies and the archangels.

"Keep an eye out for Phantasms heading this way, and dispose of them! Do not let any of them touch Frigga!" Finir ordered to Emilio, facing down off the ledge on all fours. "I'm gonna do some crowd clearing..."

The azure dragon clinched in his claws and feet, slightly icing them over for better stability. Shards of ice and snow started to percolate around and fill his maw. As more and more collected, his maw started to crack open slightly, all until it gaped to where his jaw could handle.

And with a ringing tone animating from his throat, he announced his first shot at a crowd of Phantasms encroaching in the archangels. The giant ice shard lobbed over and crashed near its center. An explosion of ice and snow swirled suddenly from its impact, resounding a large clash of glass across the battlefield.

Finir charged another time and shot a volley of smaller explosive missiles toward the hoards of Phantasms. As far as he was concerned, he could keep doing this with all of this snow and ice all around.

11-07-2011   #176 (permalink)
Special
Games

I'll sing at this crimson feast

I am the dancing fallen morning star, enjoy this display now!
I'll play the sacred melody now!

Dancing to the..
____________countdown of...
________________________Metempsychosis...
______________________________________that is my fate

Singing the sorrows of the ephemeral world...______________________It's my fate

That new voice... Kai!?

As events continued to unfold before the parties in the battle, soon enough Fortunata was starting to act less and less like an actual person and more like a monster. She took all the blows the party dished out, but she only proceeded to lash out at them like a mindless beast. The flesh was melting from her bones was nothing short of ghastly. Soon enough, two voices echoed in the parties' heads:

What the hell do you think you're all doing!? You're wasting valuable time here!

That's rude, watch your tongue.

... Sorry.

The phantasms won't stop, and with our powers combined we won't be able to slow them down for long what with Death interfering.

Regardless of if you trust us or not you're all gonna die if you keep fighting here like this. Just jump into the hole to Niflheim and be quick with it! Seriously they'll just keep coming and coming like a fountain of youth so you guys will probably drop from exhaustion or something.

... That's horribly grim...

Just saying.

"What the hell am I listening to...?" Drake murmured as he ducked out of the way from an incoming Phantasm.

Ludo kicked off the Phantasm on him and hurried back onto his feet. He brushed whatever snow got on his clothing and shouted, "Regardless of whatever strange voice is talking and who it belongs to, we really aren't getting anywhere like this." He looked over to where the entrance to Niflheim is, surrounded by Phantasms, "We have to free the Gods... Apparently." Ludo added that last word with slight hesitation.

Soon enough brilliant rays of light shredded through some of the Phantasms at the entrance to Niflheim.

"Bianca, you go with them!" Michael called out to the angel as he tossed a strange rusted sword to her, "The rest of us Archangels will stay here and fight off the Phantasms!"

"Please find DoroDoro!" Charlie nearly cried as he speared a bunch of phantasms with ice magic.

Celina and Romeo also assisted in clearing the way which fire and wind magic, finally managing to make a small opening that the party could cut through. Drake was the first to use this opportunity to break out into a sprint and jump down into the hole leading to 'Hell'. Ludo and Bianca soon followed.

---

"G-girlfriend?" Maya blinked, unsure of how she should even react to that. She quickly shook her head and was quick to put on her pokerface, "I am the Archangel Jophiel, and I have some grim news for you, Supreme General... Bernard Leicester, was it?" Maya brushed a lock of hair out of her eyes and continued, "In the North Pole a grand battle is going on, a battle you may have been debriefed on by Lady Frigga. However Phantasms from this very brawl are spreading out to every corner of the world. Including this city, Chokma."

A few worried murmurs passed through the soldiers and a few whispers were exchanged.

"We never heard of this..."

"What battle? What the hell is going on?"

"The northern skies are darkening with those fiends," Maya continued, "You must prepare for the worst."

---

Hell is a pretty weird place already.

As Drake continued to rapidly descend through the darkness many strange images seem to pass by his eyes, just like in the center of the world tree(s). However unlike the complete memories of the tree, these were fragmented and chaotic. A flash of his first bike, a pet redfish he had when he was five, a Asgard skyfishing trip with his dad from a few years ago, and even the first girl he actually took a liking too (how god damned embarrassing). The flashes were all out of whack and weren't even showing up in the right order! Him meeting his uncle Kai and uncle Julio for the first time, the very first memory he had of snow... Drake just wanted to know what the hell was going on. Soon enough more memories but ones that weren't his started to flash by too; A ruined city and a boy beaten half to death. Corpses all around. A haunting melody that threatens to tear souls from their bodies. A execution for a girl who could look into the future, songs that shake the earths and heavens, the journey of a boy and his angelic friend...

A single named echoed in his head:

Ferre.

Who was that? Actually it didn't matter. He was still falling. He suddenly felt like he was going to die here; instead of falling to some Phantasms or Lucifer he'd go smush on some rock down below. Or hit a body of water at such a force that all his innards would be crushed from the impact. Or even lava... Or would it be magma down here? Why was he contemplating how he'd die!?

"Hey, kid!" Ludo called out, "Remember you have a pair of wings!"

Oh right, Drake concluded with a smirk. He called forth his wings by canceling the shapeshifting magic that normally hid them. He then dove slightly into a nosedive, then once the spiraling tunnel eventually ended they entered a grand cavern. Small tendrils of mana both rose up to the surface and returned to the ground below. Drake concluded he didn't notice them initially since he was being bombarded by strange memories. Drake spread his wings, gradually slowing his descent and soon enough safely flew down to the foot of the cavern. Once he landed he also noticed his jacket and shirt was ruined. Oh well. Ludo and Bianca landed behind him and the trio waited for whoever else would come down to meet them.

11-07-2011   #177 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

After a while, Finir was getting tired from bursting forth explosive ice from his maw. His limbs started to ache, muscles tensing up from the amount of pressure flowing forth from his body in this form of mana.

That's when the voices came. The one owned by the King of Lies....and yet there was another that joined this cryptic song. The Dragonkin instantly recognized it... it was Kai's! What was he doing with Lucifer?!

As this current confusion began to bloom within his conscience, a more distracting - not to mention, morbid and ghastly - image came within his sights. It was Fortunata herself, and just like the Wicked Witch of the West, she seemed to be melting away! How the flesh hung from the bone was simply haunting, and it made Finir cringe to his core. And yet how she still managed to move! A corpse as lively as the living, lashing without sense and direction. She seemed to shriek from it all; the azure dragon was sure that that wasn't a pleasant feeling...

Kai's voice rang in his head - and perhaps to the others - that it was a good opportunity to head through the entrance to Niflheim. Finir looked about himself: it was complete chaos as he heaved for breath. From his own damage, the Phantasms soon homed in on his position. Now was not the time to think; he had to grab Emilio and Frigga once again, and dive into the gates of Niflheim!

"Forgive me," Finir said to his angel companion, "for having to jerk you around like this..." Once again, he grabbed hold to his small body and Frigga's, and pitched his wings' length to the sky once again for flight. The Phantasms were consuming the structure he stood upon, but they wouldn't reach him once he took flight. Lifting off, he held Emilio and Frigga closer than before, and made a sharp arch as he dove into the hole of the unknown...

----

Nothing but nothing but black.

Finir slowly opened his eyes to see this aspect of his surroundings. Emilio and Frigga were still with him - thank Tiamat - and within his embrace. He didn't look at them. He was too fixated on what seemed to pass by him in a franctic manner: memories.

The first glass craft made for his father, and the joy it brought him.
The first war against the lizardmen he participated in.
The Oracle and her madness.
The assassin that night.
The waves that carried his mother, who carried him upon the seas as they both slept as azure dragons should.

All of this and moreso flooded past, and reminded him all that he lost. All that he lost, yet learned and gained the dispositions that created him into the Dragonkin he was presently. That's who he was.

But...why was he falling? He had wings. He didn't need to fall! Thank Tiamat for that! The Dragonkin situated himself in mid air and started into a nosedive. There was nothing else here for him, and the safety of his two comrades came first. The sooner he made it to the ground, the better.

As soon as he began to doubt there was a ground at all, he sighted what he was heading for: A gargantuan cavern. And there were a few comrades as well! He spotted Drake, Ludo, and Bianca! Finir knew he was in the right place for sure.

With a great beat downward, the azure dragon situated himself upright and a gust whooshed about the six comrades. He flapped a smaller time to lighten his landing a little more and landed, placing Emilio and Frigga both down as lightly on the ground as he could.

Finir sighed. "Good to see you also made it in time for the party," he joked, then inhaled heavily. He looked to Frigga, who still lay dormant from the events from earlier.

"...This...is just like what had happened to Tiamat..."

11-07-2011   #178 (permalink)
Special
Games

"This certainly brings up quite a few questions," Ludo knelt down next to Frigga's body, placing two fingers upon her neck as if checking for a pulse, "Weeks ago the God of knowledge was killed, followed by that tree fiasco and well... Here we are." Ludo stood up and continued, "Finir, you caught the lyrics for that song, right?"

Drake looked upwards at the glowing pyres of condensed mana that floated upwards to the surface, "Was that... Uncle Kai's voice? The one that sung that song with.. Lucifer, right?" Why?

11-07-2011   #179 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Sin's scythe cleaved through the wave of phantasms, their mangled bodies dropping onto the ground and dissipating before slowly being refilled by more of their comrades.

"Bianca, you go with them! The rest of us Archangels will stay here and fight off the Phantasms!"

Sin swung the giant scythe again, wiping another area of phantasms and slowly moving forward as Greed recklessly bounced about the area, clearing the way to the gates of Niflheim. Greed stopped in front of the hole, her hand stretched towards it. "After you."

"You are done here." The scythe swept through the crowd of phantasms again a final time before Sin jumped in after the party.
"Well, that was nice while it lasted." Greed dusted her gauntlets onto her robes and placed a foot over the hole. "Bye bye." She waved before stepping over, falling not into the hole, but the portal from whence she came.

---

Her creation.
That abomination that shouldn't have existed.
Born into the world understanding everything.
Creating him.
Another abomination.

The beaten boy. Enoch.
The executed girl. Shiri.
Ferre... you.

I don't need to be dealing with this right now. Sin thought to herself. A portal opened below her, in which she disappeared into, reappearing onto the ground nearby Drake. "Let's go."

11-08-2011   #180 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Regardless of if you trust us or not you're all gonna die if you keep fighting here like this. Just jump into the hole to Niflheim and be quick with it! Seriously they'll just keep coming and coming like a fountain of youth so you guys will probably drop from exhaustion or something.
Something like this would be considered a worst case scenerio. How do you deal with an infinite number of enemies? Everyone on the ground would surely be slaughtered in due time. The only hope was the source to be nipped in the bud before everyone was annihilated. Theresia started to give orders for the ships to land and provide greater cover, while directing all the troops to huddle up closer and stay by the landed ships.

"All soldiers, please retreat to the ship's firing ranges, and if possible, head into Niflheim!"

Looking out one of the windows, Leht was sure he saw the big-dragon-thing-guy fly into a hole that apparently led to Niflheim. There wasn't really anyone else big enough for him to distinguish from so high in the sky.

Well, that's my cue. Too bad I have to get down there the hard way...

Putting on a parachute that was hung up on the wall behind him, Leht started to slowly open up a hatch that led outside. This was probably going to suck. A lot. As soon he got it open, he was blasted with freezing winds. Cold, cold, cold, cold, cold! Wanting to get it over with quickly, Leht jumped out and experienced the coldest moments of his life. Halfway down, he released his chute and started to float slowly down, drifting whichever the direction the wind was blowing. With some wind magic, he was able to direct himself roughly on course to the entrance of Niflheim.

Leht probably should've pulled the chute closer to the ground, because he was turning into a human popsicle. It was taking quite some time to descend, and for better or for worse, a flying Phantasm flew by and tore his parachute. On the plus side, he'd get down and out of the cold faster.

Why.

In a panic, he tried to slow his fall as much as possible with wind magic. Plummeting into the ground at a not so safe, but possibly, and hopefully a non-lethal speed, Leht actually turned out ok. He fell onto a mound of puffy snow, and when he got up, teeth chattering, he noticed he was behind enemy lines. The entrance was only a stones throw away. Before anyone noticed, he ran over to the entrance and looked into the hole. Another hole. At least it looked warmer. Pulling one of the paper seals out of his pocket, he materialized his own parachute from it. He strapped it on and jump down the hole quickly, feeling relieved the icy winds weren't freezing him anymore.

I'm never parachuting in the cold again.

At the bottom waiting around were people he recognized. Except for one. Leht pointed at the only person he hadn't seen before, "...Who's the one dressed in S&M chains?"

Last edited by RoflKnife; 11-08-2011 at 12:52 AM.