MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > General Discussion > Role-playing

Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-06-2011   #241 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Bandy will become famous soon enoughBandy will become famous soon enough

Cecily was partly done healing her leg; she was reconstructing the flesh now, but that was taking a lot of time and energy. She was breathing heavily now.. However she managed to laugh lightly at Finir's frustrated statement.

Boris was tirelessly lashing at the phantasms, and there was a fair amount of dead creatures scattered all over the ground. Still, it seemed like there were a few more on their way. About five crawlers and three ropers.

"I'm extremely tired of these ugly bastards!" Boris roared out at the creatures, irritated, and breathed fire at two of the crawlers. burning them to a crisp..

Ania made a bit of a confused expression when she heard Drake call certain blonde man a very interesting name. She was going to make a comment, but she was promptly silenced when Ira blew an icy whirlwind at her! Since she was distracted, she didn't react quickly enough; the razor sharp ice shards cut at her flesh. Her arms, legs and hands were cut and little drops of blood dripped out and were quickly picked up by the icy winds, becoming part of the swirling debris.

"A-argh! Damn it!" Ania then created a whirlwind of her own which circled around her, the winds blowing in the opposite direction of the small storm Ira had launched at her. She then pushed out with her palms, making the radius of her spinning winds larger. Now, she had room to move around and dispose of the deadly ice: she whipped out Kulyaleza and spun it quickly around, breaking many of the shards as she went. Once she had gotten rid of enough of them, she blew a gust of wind through the whirlwind and flew out of the miniature storm, landing on her feet with a bit of clumsiness. She looked at her cut hands and arms, then glared at Ira.

"How annoying.." Ania then detached three beads from her whip and enlarged them. They levitated in front of her now, and with her left hand, she launched them swiftly at Ira, going in different directions. One flew to hit her from up above, the other two to her left and right. But before she could do anything else, more bird-cicles were headed her way! She started to dodge at slash at them with wind magic. Eventually she jumped and rolled out of the way, and ended up right in front of Grandison. She got up with a bit of a wobble, but she was alright. Still, the cuts all over her body were slowing her down a little. She glanced briefly at him, wondering what in the world someone so regal-looking was doing in the middle of all this, and clenched her left fist: this made the giant beads she launched fly swiftly down on Ira from the three directions she sent them in.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-06-2011   #242 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games
Cosmic BreakGrand ChaseMapleStoryMabinogi

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Marzai
IGN: -points at name-
Guild: None

Finir turned his attention back at Boris's situation, watching his relative bite, gnash, and trounce his opposition in a bloody pile. He didn't know that he, of all people, was capable of such ferocity and barbaric abandon. It reminded the azure dragon of his former self; how he acted on impulse on numerous occasions - the sudden charge at a then living Akaiito, the sudden leap into the air to reason with a ten-headed dragon, the accumulation of rigid ice armor when Cecile had roused him to a lunge and a punch...

Followed by an afterthought - the Sins. The azure dragon had not seen them for quite some time, and suddenly a mountain of new questions sprang forth within his conscience - What has happened to them since he left? How were they doing? Did they miss the company of the reptilian outsider? Have they changed? Have they disbanded? How were they still coping with Charlotte's death? Were the previous Sins replaced by newer ones? Have their policies changed? Finir dared not to think if they were okay - he knew they were, without a doubt. Creatures like this wouldn't overtake them easily. Still, it didn't help that he saw none of the seven Sins - or for that matter, any of the numerous minor Sins roaming the streets of Chokma.

After the moment to himself, Finir heard a frigid caw come from the sky. Turning his infernos to his upper right against the violet clouds, he sighted what already seemed to annoy him at first glance, as followed with a huff of steam from his nostrils: There seemed to be a small legion of ice birds about to dive bomb at the three reptiles in formation, and a rather beautiful one for things that seemed so easy and fragile to break.

Finir already knew what to do in this situation: A huge chunk of ice to break ans shatter them from an impact of a speeding ice ball, or a jet stream of steaming hot water that would quickly melt them away as they soaked in what seemed to be one of the few hellish liquids they were susceptible to. But the best thing he knew would work is fire, and his distant cousin, Boris, had just that.

"We got ice fowl incoming, Boris!"
The azure dragon shouted, "Get back here with that fire breath of yours! I'll back you up with hot water!" He thrust his other arm into the puddle before the spacious coating of ice, with all three puddles now filled with two fists and a tail in all.

"I've got the land creatures handled..."

It may have been the adrenaline, but Finir actually started to seem to enjoy himself fighting with the small fry, with a smirk appearing across his maw...

Pinkie Pool's archnemesis: Oatmeal.

Last edited by Marzai; 02-06-2011 at 08:15 PM.

02-06-2011   #243 (permalink)
PROBATIONAL EVENTS TEAM
Special
Games
Eden Eternal

Shinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really nice
IGN: Shinkky/Magenta
Class: WILLDRIVER. to_cardmaster
Level: ...
Guild: SOSBrigade

Nathan and Nicole stepped away from the mist of ice, only to be greeted by flying birds made of ice.

Nathan's arm turned into a giant, pitch black arm, the forearm having a flatter structure to act like a shield. He quickly rushed Acedia, his "shield" growing bigger as he goes, eventually growing pointed spikes on it.

Nicole twirled around with her spear, dodging and countering the birdcicles being shot at her. She soon stopped and held her spear like a javelin. She took a large step forward and threw her spear with pinpoint accuracy at Ira.

02-07-2011   #244 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Nasu Kha
Class: Carpenter lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

As Anna started to stand back up, more flying icicles came towards her. A lot more.

Oh hell!

She quickly dropped to the ground and started breakdancing again. However, this time she also hummed a low, deep tone. As the icicles were approaching her, the ones that she didn't manage to kick away began shaking in midair, and they dropped out of the air, or even shattered, depending on where they were in relation to Anna.

I don't have time for this, I have work in the morning!

02-07-2011   #245 (permalink)
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

"... This ends now!" Drake threw his hand in the air and two large voids of high pressure gravity with a combination of large torrents of flames engulfed both Ira and Acedia. The lance Nicole threw hit it's targe, the gravity intensifying the damage dealt and Grandison's flames only added more to the destructive power of the spell. Ania's attack added to the combined strike and Ira let out a highpitched screech which died out as the spell persisted and Acedia cried out. When it ended Drake fell to a knee for a breather.

Hooooly shit... Kai was clearly surprised by the destructive force of the spell, especially considering it came from the youngest one of the whole group! Did Kana teach you that well or something!? Or are you just some magic prodigy?

I get in all sorts of shit with shady characters behind the scenes so I had to get better or else I'd be done in. Also I picked up a few things from you, too.

Heh.

Oh well... Shit like that drains me anyways...
Drake lifted his head and looked to Acedia, who was slowly recovering.

----

Ludovic Doreann was running about through town. He sensed the battle on the apartment building rooftop not far from him but that wasn't what he was looking for. With a snap of his fingers he dashed away with wind magic and headed on to the outskirts of Chokma where a familiar black haired woman was, and at her feet was the corpse of a brunette man. It was as clear as day that he had been beheaded.

"No..." I'm too late... the fox bit. Ludo kept his eyes on Fortunata as she lifted the man's head from the ground, "... I see, the battle at the apartment building is nothing more then a distraction. You're the real 'king' for this round..." His hand glowed slightly with ready to cast lightning magic.

Fortunata smiled as she turned to Ludo, holding the head by it's hair, "Yes, Mímir here was my target all along... And now that this is done.."

---

"We won this round.." Acedia sighed, "... Fortunata got to Mímir and successfully killed him."

Drake's eyes widened in surprise, "What!?"

Drake, Mímir is the God renowned for his vast wisdom whom all the Gods and Goddesses of Asgard seek... To think he'd be here in Utgard though...

What the hell does this mean!?

It means we lost the game.

---

"The head of Mímir is still whispering of it's otherworldly knowledge," Fortunata laughed as she lifted the head up so it was level with her own, "Isn't it just wondrous?"

Ludo hissed and fired off a quick jolt of lightning magic, "I won't allow you to escape with that hunk of flesh!"

It was then Fortunata tossed something at the fox's feet before disappearing in a void of darkness, avoiding the lightning entirely. Ludo looked down and gasped, knowing full well what it was but he didn't have time to escape! Magical chains erupted from the small hexagonal shaped box and made Ludo drop to his knees, the sealing magic taking effect and cutting him off from all of his higher leveled magics.

"... Bloody hell..." He cursed, "... Sealing my magic like this... And she escaped with that God's head..."

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

Last edited by Dani; 02-07-2011 at 07:43 PM.

02-07-2011   #246 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

"... thank you." Nihiru thanked the... half-angel? She slowly stood up and reloaded her gun, but placed the pistol back in its holster and sighed at the news. 'So there is something...'

Charil landed back onto the rooftop. She immediately made her way to Acedia, kicked at the back of his legs to drop him onto his knees, then faced her left palm at the back of his head. "Create eye. Maximum output." A single eye rune formed between the face of her palm and the back of Acedia's head. It snapped loudly as energy was sparking from the iris.

Nihiru ran over to Charil and grabbed her left arm. "Wait, there's a lot of questions he hasn't answered yet!" She cried to Charil.

"... fire---"

"Acedia!"

"--- linear beams. Judgment." The eye fired off a large amount of energy into the back of the phantasm.

02-07-2011   #247 (permalink)
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

Right when Charil fired her attack someone bumped into her at the last second, sending the beam to go off target!

"Hold up!" Kai took over Drake's body just in time! "Don't kill the kid just yet!"

Acedia had shut his eyes tight and was bracing himself but was surprised when Kai/Drake saved him so suddenly!

Kai let out a irritated sigh, "Just as that girl said we can still get information out of him, especially now that he's at our mercy!"

"... Yeah," Acedia sighed again, ".. I was trying to tell you from the start, but you wanted to kill me right away... I didn't even want to fight... But I don't want to die either..."

"And there you have it."

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

02-07-2011   #248 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

"Order: When coming into contact with a Sin Phantasm, engage it and kill it by all means. Order status: active." Charil reported in a monotone voice.

"Order status: inactive." A voice corrected. Sara bounced through the exit door and entered the rooftops. She gave a two-fingered salute to everybody around. "Seems like some things have came up, the order to kill all the 'fakes' is put on hold for now. Lucky you." Sara said as she walked by Acedia, playfully knocking him on the side of the head.

"... Sin Mode off." Charil whispered. The wings fell apart into a cloud of feathers and her robe returned to wireframes, then disappeared altogether, leaving Charil back in her regular attire. She silently walked away from the group and exited back into the building.

Sara spun around to the strange boy that had bumped Charil. "Now then, what is this Kagamiya going to do with the boy? Unless he'll kindly hand him over to the seventh division, we'll handle it for you."

02-08-2011   #249 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Guild: Hardcore

While the others were talking Grandison went to the end of the roof and peered down to see if those creatures down below had cleared out.

02-08-2011   #250 (permalink)
Special
Games

Kuroko went with Grandison to peer over the edge, not noticing the sudden change in Drake, ".. Hey, they're all acting kind of weird!"

Just as Kuroko said, the Phantasms below were exhibiting strange behaviour. In a twisted sense you could even call them victory cries, the bloody screeches that escaped from their throats. Soon enough the creatures began to make a mad dash for various exits of town that were closest to them. This not only happened with the phantasms at the apartment building, but all throughout the city!

"I have my fair share of questions to ask the boy," Kai answered as he knelt down next to Acedia, "Don't look so freaked out kid, I have no intention of hurting you now, kay?"

Acedia blinked and looked at Kai with imploring eyes. It was then a familiar character burst into the scene from the stairwell! It was Adam, owner of a series of casinos and the like all over Utgard, in other words the Greater Phantasm, Avaritia!

"Ace!" the man's dark red eyes lit up with surprise as he ran over to the boy and dropped to his side, "To think they'd send you out here... Thank god they didn't just do you in like the others..." he said that as he looked over the boy's shoulder at the dead, mutated form of Ira. It was then he felt the boy's head fall against his chest, "Huh? Ace?..."

The boy had instantly fallen asleep about halfway through Adam's chatter. Kai let out a laugh. Adam frowned a bit and patted the boy lightly on the cheek to wake him up. "Huh what?.. Oh... Um... What is it you'd like to ask me?"

"Fortunata's... the Greater Phantasm Superbia's plans..."

"Big sis... She's being ordered by the one who created us all," the boy replied as he rubbed his eyes, "Serena Seraphina.... You beat her up way back, Mister Kai... But she's still alive."

Kai sighed, ".. Just as I thought. She's with Dieter Amsel, correct?"

The boy nodded, "... And another. A man with golden hair but I do not know his name."

Kai already knew who the boy was talking about, ".. What are they planning on doing? To kill Mímir like that..."

"I don't know," the boy looked down at the roof sadly, "... I was just told to cause a distraction and masquerade as our side's leader..."

"So in the end you were just a pawn, huh..." Kai shook his head and rubbed his temples, "... Okay, maybe this might be easier to answer... Where are they hiding out at? Somewhere here in Utgard? Or even Asgard?"

"... Niflheim. To the north..."

"... Well isn't this troublesome..."

---

Ludo watched the Phantasms leave the city as he flew over them with wind magic. Although a lot of his magic had been sealed he thanked the gods he could at least do this. Once the phantasms got a good distance away from the city they.. Disappeared in purple smoke? Ludo scratched his head at the weird escape and made his way into the city.

02-08-2011   #251 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Nasu Kha
Class: Carpenter lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

As the phantasms were vacating the area, Anna stood back up and looked confused.

What in the hell?!

She watched Kai/Drake talking to the boy whose head she had kicked, and smirked.

So that's what's going on, huh? Well at any rate, they won't be rushing off tonight... He's gotta round up some people. Fortunata gave them hell last time, and this time she's mad. And I'm sure Serena Seraphina is in no good mood either.

Anna walked over to Kai/Drake and promptly sat down right next to where he was standing. "Don't go rushing off," she said, "They'll be sure to give you hell. Besides, you have some explaining to do, to your family."

02-08-2011   #252 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Boris turned to the ice birds, and quickly disposed of most of them with his fiery breath. It was then he saw the phantasms start to.. fall back? They were running back to where they came from hastily, as if suddenly they had finished doing what they needed to do.. Boris quickly jumped into the air and hovered high, to make sure they really were leaving. It was the case, as a few of them where disappearing in a purple smoke.

Whatever the higher ups needed to accomplish, they have.., He thought as he flew back down to the ground. Still in his dragon form, he lowered his large head and nuzzled Cecily's cheek, and looked at her worriedly.

"How are you feeling?" He hissed as he saw the damage that was done to her wing and her leg.

Cecily, after much time and effort, had managed to close up her wound. It was glowing now, and one could see the nasty scar it would leave already. She sighed heavily, maintaining the flow of healing energy to her leg.

"I'm okay.. They've all left, haven't they?" Cecily tried to get up, but instantly fell back onto the ground. She was too weak. In the windows of the house she was protecting, little faces were peering out: the grandchildren of her patient, worriedly looking outside to see what had happened. Cecily waved at them and smiled a bit.

"Yes, they're gone.." He then looked back to where Finir was. "We should try to regroup. I'd say we go in the direction those ice shards came from; they were no doubt strays from some sort of fight."

Once the three beads returned to the rest of her whip, Ania put her weapon away. Ira was dead, and what with the new developments. She was quite surprise to hear that their true intention was to dispose of Mimir; they had unquestionably lost, in that case, since the phantasms succeeded. She started to walk towards were Anna and Kai/Drake were, close to the boy. She overheard talk about Serena Seraphina and something about bigger plans, but she wasn't sure what to make of that at the moment. She stopped once she stood next to Anna. She nodded to what the girl said, and crossed her arms. Her cuts seemed to be slowly healing..

"She's right."

Last edited by Bandy; 02-08-2011 at 05:58 PM.

02-08-2011   #253 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

"Heyoo, Luxuria reporting." Sara chimed into her headphones, skipping over to the corpse of the mutant creature.
"Phantasm Acedia alive and surrendered, Phantasm Avaritia still around, Phantasm Superbia confirmed alive, and Phantasm Ira..." She kicked a loose piece of rubble at it. "most likely dead. Looks like the cubi are going to steal the show again though."

"Stay on hold for now." Jun replied over the channel. "The others are currently cleaning up."

"Right-o." Sara walked back over to the Phantasm Acedia. "So, who else do you know that's still 'alive'?" She questioned, motioning at the heap known as Phantasm Ira.

02-08-2011   #254 (permalink)
Special
Games

Kai cocked a brow, waiting for Acedia to answer Sara's question.

"It's only me, big bro and big sis," the boy answered sincerely, "Luxy, Ira, Vidi are all dead... And I don't know what happened to Gula..."

Adam scoffed, "Nobody liked that fat ass Gula anyways. Served em right to get sealed up in a book."

Kai slowly nodded, "Okay..."

It was then Anna walked over and sat down beside him saying, "Don't go rushing off. They'll be sure to give you hell. Besides, you have some explaining to do, to your family."

Ania followed up with, "She's right."

".. Aye," he said, looked down at the foot of the building where Kana and Locke had just arrived at.

Kana stared up at Drake, who's hair was clearly a different colour then it had originally been not that long ago, ".. Drake?..."

With that Kai jumped from the ledge of the building, for a brief instant he let Drake take control to lower gravity for an instant for a nice landing, then when it was returned to him he walked on over to Kana and Locke.

Kana didn't know what to say. The hair and eyes... They were the same as Kuroko's... As Kai's. "Drake, your..."

"I'm not Drake... Sort of," Kai tried to explain, "... It's me, Kai."

"What?... But Kai, you were..."

Drake took control and continued for Kai, "Mum, remember how I mentioned that I found Uncle's corpse last night?... At that time.. I somehow gained the ability to see the dead too, and Uncle was hanging around. However now all the spirits of the dead are being sucked up by.. Something in the North. Kai was too but then by chance he got knocked into me and possessed me." I sound crazy...

Kana didn't say anything for a while but finally replied, "I-I see... This is.. Hard to believe... But the sudden attack on the city is also pretty shocking too... What does Kai plan on doing now? If what you say is true about souls being sucked up by something in the north..."

Kai took control once again without any warning, "As things are now I can't.. Well, pass on. I feel that I need to get to the bottom of this but... Well, I can't do anything unless I possess someone and I don't have access to all the resources that I had before."

You're in quite a bind...

Yeah and it sucks ass.

Maybe...

Maybe?

I may be just a kid but... I'd like to help. I'm the only one who can see you and I kind of got used to you already anyways.

Awwww really~?

Don't push it.

... Anyways I'd feel bad, dragging a kid into this... And what would your parents say?...

They'd freak out, of course.

---

Ludo was still flying around when he saw Boris and Finir down below! The fox dropped down to where they were and adjusted his glasses (they were starting to slip off), "Hey!" he greeted, "Boris! Uh... And random azure dragon person. I have bad news and it relates to Fortunata. I think you may be interested considering you both went up against her before..."

Last edited by Dani; 02-09-2011 at 07:41 AM.

02-08-2011   #255 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Ania sat on the edge of the building, and looked down at Drake who was speaking with his mother. She moved her legs back and forth in the emptiness, it seems she wasn't even slightly afraid of heights.

I wonder what Dad will say when he finds out that Kai is possessing Drake now..

Boris looked at Ludo now.. He hissed a bit when he heard the mention of Fortunata's name.

"Sounds wonderful. What exactly is this bad news?"

Cecily simply looked at the fox with a bit of a puzzled expression.

02-08-2011   #256 (permalink)
Special
Games

Ludo continued, "Fortunata killed Mímir, a god of knowledge who was hiding out here in Chokma. She took off with his head and thats when the other phantasms started making a run for it, too. Tried to stop her, I did, but she sealed my magic and took off," he ended that with an irritated sigh.

02-09-2011   #257 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all

It was a strange phenomenon Finir observed, as the Phantasms began to cry out in...some sort of series of triumphant shrieks and bellows. It irritated his ears enough to where he shot one of the existing ropers with an ice sharp so she would be silenced, but he did no more than that. At that moment, all of the Phantasms - even the ones that approached arm's length from Boris - had immediately backed down, continuing their wailing all the same.

The azure dragon observed also in the distance to his left a purplish smog lifting from beyond Chokma's walls. It seemed to mean the Phantasms were leaving, and judging from their cries they had got what they came here for, whatever that was...

"We should try to regroup," Boris said, turning a hiss to Finir, "I'd say we go in the direction those ice shards came from; they were no doubt strays from some sort of fight." The dragon only nodded to him in response before turning his attention to Cecily, trudging heavily to her side.

"Hey!" A voice seemed to shout out from a distance. Jerking his head around, he saw the figure of a fox riding the wind currents of his magic, fixating his glasses before letting them fall off his muzzle. The azure dragon only huffed, not really knowing how to greet this stranger.

"Boris! Uh... And random azure dragon person. I have bad news and it relates to Fortunata. I think you may be interested considering you both went up against her before..."

Fortunata? And this fox was there, too? If so, then Finir surely didn't see or notice him at all. Already, hostility dissolved from his posture and he straightened up on his feet, knowing that this fox was an ally. And surely enough, his fears were confirmed; Fortunata was indeed alive, the one indirectly sealing away Tiamat's body from ever rising as long as she existed...or for as long as she was an enemy...

"Sounds wonderful. What exactly is this bad news?"
Boris said, hissing at the mention of Fortunata's name.

The fox named Ludo continued: "Fortunata killed Mímir, a god of knowledge who was hiding out here in Chokma. She took off with his head and thats when the other phantasms started making a run for it, too. Tried to stop her, I did, but she sealed my magic and took off,"

Finir blinked for a moment at his message, then started to look through one of the packs on his leather belt, pulling out a pen and a notepad. He had to record this bit of info, as with earlier entries, for his report back in Ploshast. He wrote on the bottom of the second page: Happenings of weather and mana influx due to Phantasms. Phantasms assaulted the city on day two of investigation. Succeeded on their assault; the god named Mimir apparently was in hiding within the city walls, and the Phantasm named Fortunata had made off with his head. The phantasms retreated afterward.

He would do a more official writing sometime later, both with Kai's death, and the Phantasm assault. Closing up his notebook and sliding his pen within its spiral spine, he put it away and looked toward the three.

"I still wonder about the Phantasm's motives..." he said, as the Phantasm shrieks were fading. "If they were to actually succeed in their plan, whatever that is, and have all threats - us - out of the way, and their goals met...then what?"

It was more of a rhetorical question than anything, and the azure dragon left it out in the air as food for thought.

He allowed the puddles of water and sheet of ice melt away its frigid barricade form, then looked in the direction from where to ice birds had come from. He backed to Cecily, however, with a thoughtful expression that spoke of 'let us tend to the patient.'

"Whatever the case," Finir said, wrapping his chains back around his gauntlets, "If it hinders the ressurection of Tiamat, I can't let that happen...They'll all perish."

02-09-2011   #258 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

"So that means probably just one alive and active..." Sara sighed. "And then there's this Serena woman and another two cohort. What a lot of trouble."

02-09-2011   #259 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Cecily didn't reply to Finir's statement.. She seemed sad, and stressed, and bore that same depressed expression she used to have many years ago.

"I have to check on my patient.." She said as she tried to get up. Once she stood, she felt a stinging pain in her leg, and fell back to the ground. She sighed heavily, quite discouraged. The girl looked up at Finir, as if asking him to help her walk..

Boris sat on the ground, resting a little for the first time since the battle started.
"I see.. She's still going around killing some gods.." He sighed a bit. "I wonder what her next move will be."

02-09-2011   #260 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

Finir didn't hesitate for a moment when she saw the fair Cecily collapse onto the ground, and immediately kneeled to help her up. He held her backside with one claw, scooping his other under her knees and lifting her up. The wound, though clearly healed, still needed its time to renew the strength in her leg, and unless she said otherwise, Finir would not put her down. He turned from Ludo and Boris, nodding to them before he turned to walk valiantly to the door, in which he turned knob with the base area of his bladed tail to enter.

The children already seemed frightened from this monstrous figure, but he said nothing. He demonstrated his trustworthiness by treading lightly on the tiled marble floors, then onto the soft carpeting of the rather spacious room, where a couch was located. The azure dragon set Cecily down so she may sit.

All the time, from upon entering to when he seated her, Finir looked into Cecily's eyes, almost in some intense manner, and observed how she revived that despairing, pitiful look from long ago. He knew she didn't want to be this type of burden to Finir, let alone anyone, he thought. He lowered his eyelids slightly in tenderness as he looked at her leg. Immediately, he took both large claws and lightly massaged it within the softer scales of his palm, perhaps against her better judgment of tending to the patient. Eventually, his claws glowed faintly in a turquoise hue as he kept rubbing her calf.

"...This should alleviate the pain for a little while," Finir began, "This will calm the nerve signals and impulses, but don't stress your leg too much."

With the way he was kneeling, it seemed as if he were about to propose to the dragon maiden, but he knew it wasn't the time. Not the time for romance, not the time for love, for intimacy, for companionship. It was a time for rebuilding for the people of Chokma, once again the with the city not only ruined (not to the degree of the bombings from before, but damaged severely nonetheless) but ransacked:

Finir looked into Cecily's eyes once more, maintaining their forbidden and untimely tenderness, letting go of her legs.

"Tend to your patient, Cecily," the azure dragon said, his voice less gruff and calmer than usual. "I'll wait here until you're done. If you need my help, say the word. I'm here for you."