Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-24-2010   #101 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games
Cosmic BreakGrand ChaseMapleStoryMabinogi

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Marzai
IGN: -points at name-
Guild: None

When Finir finally lifted his head up, he noticed that the fair angel's wings were...gone? He noticed a dazzling choker resting upon her upper chest. it wasn't there when her wings were revealed, so this piece of jewelry must have been what made them disappear. The angel told him not to reveal her genus, as it would endanger her well-being.

The azure dragon would promise this to his new companion, but at the same time, he didn't trust her fully, as well as any other person that would be willing ti help. After all of them hearing that hefty sum of gold readily awarded to the captors, Finir didn't know who exactly to trust. So, he set his own requirement.

"So long as you don't turn me in to Ploshast authorities. That would...be the end of me...." His speech started to slow as he observed the girl looking bashfully away as she pointed toward his...

Finir shouted in embarassement, and knocked the cloth piece from off his knee and in front of his pelvis once more. He studdered out many apologies to the angel as he placed two giant claws on the end of the cloth piece, as if trying to pin it down for its unruly behavior.

He heard a chuckle at the door, and immediately turned his head toward what seemed to be a pseudoformed being: lizard-like features, but human-esque in anatomy, much like his own. Still embarrased and flustered, Finir turned away from the other dragon and the angel, yet jerked his head back at the dragon and hissed with a gaping, jagged maw. He then folded his wings around his body, as if to cover up his slip up.

Pinkie Pool's archnemesis: Oatmeal.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-24-2010   #102 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

Grandison was relieved to find Ludo and the girl just as they left them by the fire.

"I see you waited as expected," Grandison greeted. "I take that as a yes. The lesson will have to be quick though as I am busy and am on a journey of the utmost importance!"

12-24-2010   #103 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Bandy will become famous soon enoughBandy will become famous soon enough

Boris simply shook his head and smiled at the azure dragon after he hissed at him. He wasn't even slightly intimidated by neither his appearence nor his behavior, which was typical of a boy his age. He found it amusing.

"Now now friend, it's nothing to be ashamed of. It is to be expected when one wears such.. skimpy clothing. There is of corse, nothing wrong with that. But this is beside the point." He approached the young dragon, even though he knew that by wrapping his wings around himself he clearly wanted to distance himself. Boris looked at him, as if he could see through his wings.

"I am aware that you are in quite the predicament. And if you'd like, I can help you. I can offer you a safe place to stay for the time being, no strings attached. You have my word." He licked his lips a bit, a nervous tick. "All I need from you is your name, and for you to tell me what exactly is going on." He smiled in a friendly way.

Last edited by Bandy; 12-24-2010 at 10:40 PM.

12-24-2010   #104 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all

It clearly didn't matter if he clouded his embarrassment with his wings. The other dragon, still amused, continued to speak to his azure cousin. Finir didn't mean ill of his hissing; he was just sensitive from his own problems that were bouldering around in his mind. He needed space. Time to think. Somewhere to hide out for the time being...

And yet this fellow dragon was offering just that, as Finir listened from behind his massive wingspans. He wasn't sure if it was some ploy to capture him for the gold...but what other choice did he have? After all, if he wanted to subdue him, he probably would've done by now as the azure dragon was vulnerable.

This is not the time to make enemies... Finir thought to himself. If a brother offers help...I may as well not look it hoarse in the mouth. The azure dragon slowly unfolded his wings about himself, staring at the other dragon's rather fanciful expression. He lifted his heavy body upward with his claws, gaining height until his towering frame was on both legs. He looked down at his aged distant cousin with thin, questioning irises.

The azure dragon gave a dejected side, still not wishing anyone to get involved with his great burden. He looked at the floor to the side, his eyes half closed, but non-glaring.

"Just...call me Finir..." Though this dragon may have understood Finir's name in his racial dialect, it would only sound like an arrangement of musical notes to others. As he did with the angel, he explained his predicament - the Ploshast government, his father's publications, his death, the execution - everything he told the angel, he reiterated to his fellow kinsman.

Finir then stared into his eyes. "...I believe Tiamat lead me here to this place for a reason now..." The azure dragon then looked at the fair angel and smiled. "And I will not breathe a word to aid your jeopardy. That I promise."

12-25-2010   #105 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Boris listened attentively to the boy's story. A corrupt government, wanting to take full control and eliminating all those who threatened their power and orderly execution of their plans. Nothing entirely surprising. If anything he wasn't any better than this Ploshast government, but he would never go as far as to litterally kill off innocent people as their apparent plans seem to say. And to resurrect someone from the dead in such a heinous matter seemed completely foolish to him. He was quite surprised to see what this government had evolved into..

"I'm deeply sorry that you were caught up in all of this foolishness, Finir. Knowing the truth is a very, very dangerous thing, as you now know." He held his hand out to Finir to shake. "Boris Petya, at your service. And this lovely lady is Bianca." He said as he glanced at the girl.

12-25-2010   #106 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger

Bianca smiled a bit, relieved that the young azure dragon would not reveal her to others.

---

That night...

After meeting up with the eccentric barber, Kai and him went to go have some drinks at his favourite bar, The Ogre's Lair. The barkeep was, of course, a large ogre. He only had one arm at that, having lost it in the war before retiring. All sorts of people, from soldiers to nobles and even normal civilians were enjoying themselves... However, some seemed distressed, their whispers on the war situation lost in the sea of voices.

Kai was sitting at a table with Rune. He took a swig of his mug filled to the brim with beer, "So, Rune was it? May I ask why a barber such as yourself wanted to see me?" he asked with a slight smirk as he leaned back in his chair.

---

Surprisingly enough, Ludo did accept Grandison's request. He began to instruct him in various techniques briefly.

---

Bianca seemed to be aimlessly wandering the city streets. She looked as though she were looking for something, or someone...

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

Last edited by Dani; 12-25-2010 at 01:45 AM.

12-25-2010   #107 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

"Do you think I'm getting senile? I seem to be forgetting things rather often lately." Sanzuru began as she pushed the doors into The Ogre's Lair open and walked towards the bar, followed by Charlotte. "I could have sworn I left my toolbox on the worktable, but it ended up being under my bed. Then I repeated a step at least three times before I realized I did it already."

Charlotte smiled at her aunt as she accompanied her to the bar, as she often does weekly. "Perhaps it is just the stress of having the recent workloads you've been receiving. Things are getting rather frantic lately, aunt Sanzuru." She took a seat next to Sanzuru at the bar.

Sanzuru called the barkeep over for one glass of strong alcohol and one glass of anything that is red. She nodded to Charlotte's reply and sighed. "I hope so. I don't have time to be getting old."

---

Originally, the three sisters were supposed to be off duty at night, but due to a couple of accidents, Cecile and Clemence were placed on night patrol around the city.

Last edited by Nihil679; 12-25-2010 at 02:17 AM.

12-25-2010   #108 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

Finir nodded to his foreign cousin, who named himself Boris. Instead of shaking his hand, Finir clasped a claw onto his forearm, as a way of showing his trust in his new ally.

"You lead then,"
the Azure dragon said, more calm than he ever was since this predicament. A jagged smile ran across his maw as he looked over to the angel, Bianca.

With a careful swish of his tail, Finir ruffled his mane and strode downstairs, creating massive creaks from the wood under his massive body.

12-25-2010   #109 (permalink)
Light's Pet
A little RUSTy.
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMapleStoryLuniaDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

Genji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud of

Elly had already contracted a bunch of carpenters for the repairs on the Red Papaya.
She had also contracted some carpenters to get a start on creating her house.
Her design is in the style of a Japanese Shinto.

She also bought a bunch of personal entertainment devices.
She also invested in a personal storage device.

-------

When night fell, she hung out over at the Red Papaya, Playing with her handheld game.

12-25-2010   #110 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

After leaving the red Papaya earlier today, Boris lead Finir to one of his estates. It looked like a mansion; with very large, spacious rooms and lavish decorations. Boris would stay here when he had some work to do in Chokma. This wasn't his home, so one could only imagine what his home sweet home looked like. Upon arriving there, Boris lead the boy to one of the many rooms that were free. He couldn't quite take care of him just yet, since he had work to be done. He had a maid assigned to him, so that she would attend to his every need while he wasn't there to check on him. He felt that it would be safer for the youth if he did not wander around the mansion; often people he did business in would come and go from the house, and it was probably better if the azure dragon weren't seen. Most of them were money-hungry demons that would jump at the chance of "apprehending a fugitive" to have an "honourable" reputation among others..

----

In his study, near the left wing of the mansion, Boris decided it was time to stop. After all night had fallen; and to leave the young dragon alone any longer would be quite rude. So he left his thousands of papers as they were on his desk, locked the door to his study behind him, and made his way to the room where the boy should be in. The mansion was relatively quiet at this hour, with only a few maids walking about..

12-25-2010   #111 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

The room Boris had assigned the Azure dragon looked too well-furnished to be free; after feeling on the identical couches, recliner, and bed mattress, it was only what Finir could hope of achieving himself one day. If anything about the recent Ploshast government, he knew they would hound him....for at least a few years. Maybe up to 147. Being on the run for that long, Finir thought, would be unbearable.

At the same time, he reasoned, their recent actions dictate that it's not entirely the government's fault. They wouldn't easily stray away from the path of Tiamat's next resurrection, just to hasten it. They, themselves, may not even know that this ritual would turn her new shell into something unfathomably destructive. They just know that this process will hasten to her resurrection day all the more sooner.

"I have a feeling that someone may be pulling the strings," the Azure dragon thought to himself as he threw his body onto the heavenly soft, silky covering on top of the mattress. He looked passed the awning and the curtains of the bed toward the ceiling, decorated with an elaborate portrayal of the war between Asgard and Utgard that started a only a few centuries ago - way before his time. On the front lines, both had their respective early heroes. Finir wished that the demon's everlasting souls would grace him in such hard times...

Unbeknownst to him, a maid of sorts quietly shifted from the darkness of a hallway on the further side of the room and entered cautiously.

"Sir..." she said weakly. Finir started upward at the sound of her voice He didn't know anyone even came into the room. Looking to his right, he saw a young girl, maybe still a little older than himself, standing with an empty tray in front of her apron. It was another dragon like himself, almost as tall as himself, but not clearly as massive in muscle, which resonated an air of meekness. Her snowy blue scales were a direct contrast to his own. Her eyes gleamed with topaz in the faint light. Unlike him, she had no jagged maw, a blunted tail, and no narrow glaring eyes; rather, they were shaped in a sorrowful structure, as if she were in a constant state of despair. Her voice held a softness that only made this disposition even more effective.

"I have been assigned....to be at your service for...the time being..." she seemed to whisper. Finir couldn't tell if her expression and speech was usual or if she was afraid of his appearance. He propped himself up to meet her eye level as he hung his clawed feet and tail off the bed. She looked down at his cloth piece for a moment, then back at him with her same ghastly expression.

"I will not trouble you with anything today..." He said with an even voice. The maid's even maw opened only slightly, but then closed her eyes and lowered herself to a bow. She seemed to once again look at his cloth piece, as if it were a bothersome distraction, but then looked into his eyes. She approached him slowly with a purpose, and then looked at one of his broad shoulders, eyes half closed as she seemd to eye each and every scale.

"You may...want to start shedding soon..." he noted to him. "Your scales seem to becoming...a bit dull..." Finir himself looked at his shoulder, and the scales were indeed dull. He then lifted himself off the bed, and strode to a large mirror on the other side of the room. The maid remained at the bed, quiet as nothingness itself. In the mirror, he looked at his form like a self-conscious fool. His scales were indeed becoming dull, and soon enough he would have to...

A stroke of realization came before the azure dragon. He then began to stretch a joyous smile across his maw. He seemed to have a plan churning in his brain. Something that would help his situation by a great deal. At that, Finir gave a great, hearty laugh, then strode to the quiet, elegant figure of the maid dragon. He held her fast by her shoulders and licked her on the forehead and the cheek,

"Thank you!"
he exclaimed, "Thank you so much! What a brilliant idea!"

The snowy blue maid dragon seemed confused, but she paid it no mind. She, however, had the satisfaction of being of service to this young cub, and in turn gave a weak smile at his childish demeanor.

"I should sleep on it!" Finir said, "I should sleep on it and run it by Boris! He just may think it brilliant." The maid, though wanting to stay longer, knew that it was her time to go. Though he wasn't paying attention, she bowed as she did when she presented herself, and shifted back into the hallway shadows without a word. By the time Finir realized it, she had already closed the door. He only smiled toward her way once more.

"Thank you..."

Last edited by Marzai; 12-26-2010 at 02:50 PM.

12-25-2010   #112 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

"Hmmm... Why did I want to see you...~" Rune spoke with a sort of singing in his tone, "No particular reason I guess."

"Anyway, I'm sure you've been noticing the happenings around town lately. We old men seem to be the first ones to notice things like that, am I right?" he said before downing his beer, "Barkeep, can I get another?"

12-26-2010   #113 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

On his way to Finir's room, Boris ran into the maid he had assigned the boy.

"Oh, hello Cecilly. So, how did it go?" The maid looked at him and sighed.

"Master.. He licked me." She said with a bit of an averting gaze. Boris grinned a bit, and put a hand on her shoulder.

"I see. Did you enjoy it?" Cecilly looked at him with a surprised but mostly embarrassed expression. She flushed, but didn't know what to say in retort, and only managed small, frustrated "Master!". The girl then sighed, slightly discouraged. He laughed.

"Ah, don't worry about it. He obviously didn't mean ill of it, and I'm sure you'll do a fine job taking care of him while he's here. Why don't you go relax for now, and have a nice cup of tea?" He said while smiling at her. She smiled back with her small lips and seemingly sad eyes and bowed in thanks, and went to the kitchen. The poor girl was in quite the dire situation before Boris came to her aid and got her to work here.. Even after two months of working in this mansion, Cecilly still bore that look of despair she had when he'd found her. He really hoped for her to become more comfortable here, and happier...

Finally he made it to the azure dragon's room. He knocked.

"Finir, it's me." He then opened the door, "We have to talk about how you're going to disguise yourself so as not to be found. After all you can't hide here forever~"

12-26-2010   #114 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

The idea swirled in his head like a raging tempest, preoccupying his gaze to some random space upon the ceiling. Even so, the Azure dragon was sure of himself that it could work - and, if Tiamat watched over him, it would work.

He then heard a knock at the door. The voice behind it was of his current provider, Boris. No greater time than the present, it seems. Finir strode to the door upon long legs and immediately opened the door after hearing how he will need to be disguised.

"Ah, --" The Azure dragon uttered Boris' name in his own native tongue. It sounded like a unique arrangement of musical notes, only a little longer in length than his actual name. "-- I think I may have a sort of plan that could stall their search, if not make them quit altogether." Finir held up two clinched fists to emphasize his point. He then grabbed his elder dragon by the arm and pulled him into the room, a childish expression overcoming the composure of his face. He sat Boris down opposite of where he sat, across the coffee table.

"Alright, listen to this carefully..." Finir began. "Look at my scales. They seem dull, don't they? I just may have to shed soon." The azure dragon grinned at Boris, hoping he would catch on to it early. But Finir continued.

"I am thinking that we may be able to use my empty shell for a dummy. Well, we have to make it look like I'm dead. And, of course we'll have to fill it up with some sort of stuffing. Don't want it to look flimsy and hollow, do we?"

Finir held one claw to his chin, pondering about it in his mind once more.

"We'll need something to fit the eye sockets, however. They, of course, need to resemble my own, rolled back. For the rest of the body....well...we'll need a lot of raw meat. We'll cut into it to make it look like grievous wounds, horrid gashes, and whatnot."

Finir chuckled as he went to his next part.

"Then, we'll need to place it somewhere. Somewhere where it can hang, and the flies will swarm for the meat inside. It will look like I have been murdered effectively! That way, we may be able to buy time for a while, if not for the rest of my days!"

"However, we will have to leave a temporary trail of my whereabouts for it to work properly. And once we set up this dummy, we can cover our tracks. That will be the only careful part that we would have to think about."

Finir threw his claws to the sky. "It's a brilliant plan, don't you think? Can we do it? Do we have the resources to pull this off?"

12-26-2010   #115 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Boris blinked in slight surprise as the boy sat him down, but shrugged it off and listened to his idea attentively. He couldn't help but smile throughout all this, and when he had finished, he spoke.

"It is quite the brilliant plan, and a great idea for a novel I must say. However, realistically, I believe this would be too difficult to execute successfully." He cleared his throat slightly, hoping not to burst the boy's bubble too much.
"You see, the average demon who would find your corpse may not notice it is not authentic. But, once they deliver it to the Ploshast government, I have a feeling that they would instantly dismiss it as fake. I'm sure that to make sure you're dead they would perform a thorough autopsy If the shed scales themselves are not a giveaway, which is possible to an extent, they would know by the scent that it isn't an you, much less an azure dragon. It will smell like an average rotting steaků Don't worry though, there is an easier solution."
Boris smiled at the boy, and suddenly, his form began to change: all of his reptilian features faded away. His face became soft, the scales on his cheeks and brow bones making way for supple skin, his pupils rounded themselves, his fangs became dull.. Even his tail disappeared completely.

"Shape-shifting. You can simply disguise yourself, using magic. Now it may be a bit difficult if you have no prior experience, but we can get around that using a magical accessory, such as a choker or a bracelet. And of course, we will have to get you an entirely different wardrobe." He chuckled a bit. "It's almost easier than normal for someone like yourself to hide amongst the demons here; your demeanour, appearance and clothing are so striking that all you need to do really is be average! What do you think about that, my friend?"

12-26-2010   #116 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

"Hey, I'll let you know that I'm still hip and young!" Kai ended with a laugh before finishing off his drink. He signalled the barkeep for a refill, "Anyways, yeah I've noticed 'em too. People are getting more anxious, whatnot with Asgard pushing us out of their territory," he leaned in close to Rune and whispered, "That General Yuuki... He's nothing more then a cocky kid to me. The demon army should be left in someone else's hands." Kai crossed his arms and frowned, "Well whatever the case. As things stand we may even get a conscription law landed on us, forcing us old folk onto the battlefield. We won't be able to take it easy anymore!"

Bari refilled their drinks while muttering something nasty under his breath. Be it about the two older demons chatting away or the hectic atmosphere no one knows. He sent them back over with levitation magic. Kai took a swig of his drink.

---

Bianca stopped and stared down at the cobblestones of the street. She was obviously lost and seemed like she was about to give up in finding who it was she wanted to see.

"... Ohhhh Nathan... Where did you go?..."

Bianca proceeded to walk again, but decided that she would head to Kai's manor if she couldn't find the phantasm.

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

Last edited by Dani; 12-26-2010 at 09:27 PM.

12-26-2010   #117 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

The Red Papaya was indeed too luxurious for Leht. After working up the courage to sit at a table, he found the prices on the menu too steep for his wallet. He opted out and got directions to "The Traveller's Guest House" for lodging. The lobby of the guest house looked far more welcoming, nowhere near the amount of non-humans in the Red Papaya. He had to skip dinner, but fortunately he had enough to spend a night here.

Key in hand, Leht walked up the stairs to his assigned room, and when he opened it, he found someone already inside, sitting on the bed. A very stereotypical female angel, blond, long hair, white wings, and white frilly clothing. Only a halo was missing to complete the set. He looked at the number on his key. 238. Then he looked at the door number. 238.

"I think the receptionist made a mistake, sorry."

Leht turned to walk away, closing the door, but had two hands placed on his shoulders, dragging him back in the room.

"No no no! You got the right room! Get in here!" She placed Leht on a chair, and closed the door. Before Leht could say anything, the angel immediately spoke, "Remember that map you opened? I'm here to check up on you!" She spoke with a great deal of enthusiasm.

"You...you're the emissary?" asked Leht, with disbelief. "Correct!~" the angel beamed. "This is a joke, right?" chuckled Leht. "Nope." The angel started pacing around, "If you want some proof you're dead, you can have this bit of your memory back." She faced Leht, and suddenly, a memory of one of his jobs flashed in his mind. "Any questions?"

Leht rubbed his forehead, "Ok, I believe you, now can I have my memories back?" The angel crossed her arms and sighed, making a disappointed face. "So up front. But you'll get them back as you help us with the war." Leht leaned back on his chair, crossing his arms as well, smiling. "And if I refuse? I could be content with the memories I have now."
The angel brought her arms out and shrugged, "Well, that's ok too, but you'll have to deal with everyone in the world going after your head."

"Hah! That's a load of bull! How would you do something on that scale?" The angel slumped her shoulders and relaxed her wings, making an even more disappointed face then before. "Can't you put two and two together? If we had enough power to bring you back to life, then putting a worldwide bounty on your head would be child's play for us! Just do your job, and help us win the war, you get your life and memories to keep as pay!"

Well, it'd make sense. And with the evidence given so far... "This sounds more like blackmail than a job." commented Leht, clearly annoyed. Her face brightened, and the angel started to float above the ground, as if she was happy. "Well that's your opinion, and that's moot at this point!" She reached into her pocket and threw a pouch at Leht. "Here's some money to get where you need, see you later~" She disappeared in a white light. She had quite a smug expression on her face as she said that last bit, and it was chewing on Leht's nerves.

He opened the pouch, and there was a good deal of gold in it. He tied it up again, and just threw it on his bed. "This sucks."

12-26-2010   #118 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin

"Those bastards won't be getting me fighting any time soon," Rune whispered, "I've been around since well before they were even a twinkle in their father's eye, and I intend to keep it that way..."

Even so, I won't be getting pushed out of this town, either," he said as he started his second drink, "I've gained a comfortable life here, and I intend to keep that as well. It takes a lot to get me angry, but if they manage it... Well, there'll be hell, anyway. Ohoho~"

"By the way, I'm pretty sure 'hip' was never a cool thing to say, ohoho!" Rune laughed.

12-26-2010   #119 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

"I know, I was being sarcastic," Kai said with a smug smirk, "Well whatever the casBLEEghh--" Next thing the incubus knew was that someone had pinched both his cheeks, "... Hi sis."

"Hello," a woman with long, flowing silvery red hair let go of Kai's cheeks and stood beside where he was sitting. She was wearing a military uniform, which of course didn't hide her rather large breasts at all. Her eyes shone in the same colour as Kai's and instead of the typical military uniform, she wore a short skirt and some thigh highs with black and white stripes, as well as a pair of combat boots. "Who's this? A new drinking buddy?"

"Just a fellow old man."

"Oh, I see," the youthful woman gave Rune a nod, "Field Marshall Kanaete Kagamiya. And you are...?"

Last edited by Dani; 12-27-2010 at 11:08 PM.

12-26-2010   #120 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

"Oh umm..." Rune was suddenly nervous, "Cthuune, but my friends call me Rune. I run a barber shop in town..."

He seemed a bit stricken by this woman. Suddenly he blurted, "I-I'm not a religious man, but I could worship the ground you walk on!"

Last edited by Harlequin; 12-26-2010 at 11:33 PM.