Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-22-2010   #41 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Bandy will become famous soon enoughBandy will become famous soon enough

"Nice to meet you, Nathan. And that's quite true. To think I met him when he was just a teenager, and that we still know each other now.. It makes me feel absolutely ancient!" He laughed a bit.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-22-2010   #42 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Bianca moved her gaze over to Elly, "You really don't know? The angels of Asgard and the demons of Utgard have been at war for nearly three hundred years now!" She turned to Boris and grinned, "Mr. Dragon is an old dragon. Haha~"

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

12-22-2010   #43 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Cecile and her sisters suddenly stood up, Cecile quick to pull out her blade from its sheathe and pointing at the girl that said "Asgard."

"You. State your name, race, and affiliation." Cecile ordered.

"My, now you've done it kid." Sanzuru whispered before replying back to Bianca. "Ah, what a shame then."

12-22-2010   #44 (permalink)
Light's Pet
A little RUSTy.
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMapleStoryLuniaDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

Genji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud of

Elly leaned back into her chair, folding her arms into her sleeves.
Huh, 300 years now... Those guys haven't told me anything about a war...
A worried look crawled on Elly's face.

"You. State your name, race, and affiliation."

Cecile caught her attention.
"Huh? My name's Elly, I'm a half demon, half human. And I don't think I had any affiliation while up in Asgard."

Last edited by Genji; 12-22-2010 at 07:13 PM.

12-22-2010   #45 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

Kai then came back with a tray full of drinks for everyone at both tables, "Oy, oy, oy, if you guys are gonna have a brawl, take it outside. Unless you don't mind paying for the damage."

He gave everyone the drink they ordered and then instead of shooing Sanzuru out of her seat he sat on her lap and took a swig of his own drink.

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

12-22-2010   #46 (permalink)
PROBATIONAL EVENTS TEAM
Special
Games
Eden Eternal

Shinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really nice
IGN: Shinkky/Magenta
Class: WILLDRIVER. to_cardmaster
Level: ...
Guild: SOSBrigade

City guards are very strict...
"Thank you very much."
Nathan took a sip of his milk tea, and smiled.
"This is some drink! If your drinks are this delectable, I would love to know what kind perfection you use to create your dishes!"

12-22-2010   #47 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

"What were you doing in Asgard and why are you here now?" Cecile pressed.

Sanzuru sighed and wrapped her arms tightly around Kai's waist before almost leaping backwards out of her seat and slamming his head into the ground. She calmly stood back up and took a drink of the mysterious alcohol before talking. "She's just some lesser demon that Nihiru nearly destroyed."

"Just because she's a demon doesn't mean she's not a spy to Asgard." Clemence scoffed.

"No, but it does mean that if Nihiru nearly beat her up, so can I, so take a seat and calm down." Sanzuru stared the sisters down before returning back to Elly. "I suggest watching your mouth kid, these are times that try men's souls. Might lose a finger the next time you blurt something out." She took another drink before returning to her original seat.

12-22-2010   #48 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Kai quickly sprung back up onto his feet and brushed himself off as if nothing happened, "Welp looks like I won't be getting that seat back." He grabbed his drink and pulled up a chair next to Boris, "Anyways Elly it would be wise to not bring up Asgard at all. If people found out then you'd be killed on sight..." Kai looked over his shoulder at some nobles he were peering over at their group, "After all, there's a growing contempt for those who live on the floating continent."

Bianca stared down at her cup of tea and said nothing.

Last edited by Dani; 12-22-2010 at 07:29 PM.

12-22-2010   #49 (permalink)
Light's Pet
A little RUSTy.
Special
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Genji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud of

Elly nodded her head and took a sip of water.
She closed her eyes, ignoring Kai's words.
"Well, it saddens me when you asked that. I've been up there for about a thousand years for training and residency purposes."
She opened one of her eyes, looking at Cecile.
"You see, a main member of the valkyrie council, and personal friend, invited me to be up there with her for training. However, just today, I was ejected from Asgard for hospitalizing a trickster valkyrie. That douche was getting on my nerves. And besides..."
She eyed Sanzuru.
"You don't think a thousand years wouldn't change anything?"
Elly continued to drink her water.

12-22-2010   #50 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Effectively ignored, Kai shrugged his shoulders and took another drink of his wine.

12-22-2010   #51 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Cecile reached for her blade, but was stopped by Sanzuru's hand on her shoulder. A nostalgic cat-like grin crept across Sanzuru's face. "Of course not. Is that a challenge? I'm sure everyone here would love to see..." She held out her hands as if introducing something grand. "Asgard's Valkyrie unit versus the Utgard military's Seven Sins?"
Sanzuru took a drink as if to mock Elly before continuing on with her assault. "Besides, these are times of war, my dear. Neither side would simply throw away their army members unless they're useless."

"I believe that is enough, aunt Sanzuru."

"No, no, let's hear it." She motioned at Elly. "It must be true, is it not? Something so simple as hospitalizing a friend. Why, Clemence here" She motioned towards the black and red-haired girl. "has hospitalized nine."

12-22-2010   #52 (permalink)
PROBATIONAL EVENTS TEAM
Special
Games
Eden Eternal

Shinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really nice
IGN: Shinkky/Magenta
Class: WILLDRIVER. to_cardmaster
Level: ...
Guild: SOSBrigade

Nathan leaned back on his chair with the cup of tea in his hand. His eyes flickered between the two as sparks began to fly.
"I do not believe this will end well," he muttered.

12-22-2010   #53 (permalink)
Light's Pet
A little RUSTy.
Special
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Elly placed down her cup of water.
"Well, I've been an iffy subject with the council ever since I set foot there. The fact that I was a demon was a very heavy factor on what is taboo over in Asgard. I was never in any army of the valkyries. In fact, the people there have performed near daily freelance exorcisms. Thanks to them, my mana level has been severely reduced. Trust me, I was the metaphorical black sheep over there. That hospitalization of one of their residents was the tipping factor."
Elly finished off her water.
"And by the way, if there really is a war, I wouldn't want to damage my allied race, eh?"

12-22-2010   #54 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

"Wow, swords and wrestling moves? I think today might be a bad day to eat here," Rune laughed, "I'm gonna head to work, here's the money for my food, sorry I couldn't stay. Eat the fish if you want, I actually hate fish anyway, the waiter was just kinda pushy and I'm in a hurry..."

Being an Old One, Rune was much more aware of what was going on than he let his friends know. As he passed the tables with all the mischief going on, he whispered in the ear of the silver-haired man with black horns, "All of this noise can't be good for your business... You should stop by my barber shop sometime. I assume you know the location. Promise I won't take too much off~"

And with that said, Rune vanished from the restaurant and sprinted back to his shop, where he noticed an unconscious man outside the door. "Oh hell, I can't just leave this here. I'll bring him in and let him sleep it off in back," he said, lifting the man and carrying him into the shop.

12-22-2010   #55 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Kai held the glass to his lips, and noted every word which the stranger had whispered to him. He will make plans to meet up with the man later. Kai remembered him being the eccentric barber who owns a shop not far from here.

Bianca was a bit flustered from the drama but once Elly stepped down a sigh of relief escaped from her. She was glad they didn't start fighting.

12-22-2010   #56 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Sanzuru dropped the alcohol back onto the table and clapped slowly, still grinning. "At least you're not as stupid as Nihiru remembered. More tragic and simple, but not as stupid." A beeping rang from inside her military jacket and she pulled a small device from her pocket. "Ah, looks like I have to go. Cecile, Clemence, Charlotte, take care of Pau for me." She stood up and walked out of the restaurant.

Pau walked out of the kitchen into the dining room carrying a large tray of food that was beyond one's comprehension. She quickly moved the food almost randomly between the two tables, then hopped into her seat with her cousins. Pau looked around before suddenly diving into the food hungrily.

"We'll forget everything you said today." Cecile looked at Elly. "However, if your naivety persists and disrupts the city, I will not hesitate to end you." She turned back to her food.

12-22-2010   #57 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Bandy will become famous soon enoughBandy will become famous soon enough

Boris took a large sip of whine as he watched the sparks fly at the table. He was starting to become annoyed at the unmistakable tension at the table, and he was quite off-put by Cecile's insulting behavior. His stress was making him much less patient than usual. One second longer and he probably would have butted in to make them stop.. But when he saw the enormous tray of food that Pau had brought for them, he couldn't help but breathe a happy sigh of relief. Hopefully everyone will calm down and enjoy the food now, he thought.

"What a beautiful assortment of foods, Pau! Thank you so much." He said while setting a fabric napkin on his lap. He then took a bite and smiled, happily enjoying the taste of the food.

12-23-2010   #58 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games
Cosmic BreakGrand ChaseMapleStoryMabinogi

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Marzai
IGN: -points at name-
Guild: None

Wandering for some time now in the wilderness, the Azure dragon closed his eyes as his stomach complained to him. He held one claw on it as if to stroke a young cub's behind.

"Errgh...not a decent meal in days. Just birds, herbs, and insects...

Finir, obviously out of energy, couldn't stand to walk much further, let alone fly. His feet already ached with a few bruises from tripping over tree roots and hidden rocks. He slammed down his bladed tail repeatedly and flexed his wings in frustration.

"Screw it. If I don't spot any lights from here, I'll just keep flying until I do!"

With a great beat, Finir spiraled upward into the skies, pitching his head left, right, and all around to try and find civilization by looking...but to no avail.

"Hrrrr..." Finir growled to himself, "Nothing but more trees. Gah!"

With a dejected sigh, he drooped his long neck in front of his body, with a look of hopelessness in his expression.

"Tiamat," he said with an even voice, "give me....some sort of signal of....a city, a small town...Hell, even a village. I need some food..."

At that moment, he started to sniff the air doggedly. A rich aroma filled his nostrils. Exotic, fragrant - he smelled nothing that he's ever smelled before that was ever on his dinner plates. It was food! Decent food that the dragon smelled! He was that much closer to civilization! No town or village would be able to create such a smell from their diet. It had to be a city where that smell was coming from! It just had to!

The Azure dragon bolted in the direction of the aroma that caressed the insides of his nostrils. Eventually, his trek had paid off; before him sat a walled city, well-fortified in its structure and solid in its integrity. Not even many massive, top-notch siege weaponry would seem to even dent them. Finir started to salivate from his maw at the thought of devouring whatever food was emitting such a tempting aroma.

He first noted the city gates. Because he thought it proper, Finir decided to descend to the ground in front of the gates. The guards in the watchtowers already acknowledged his presence, duly at first by aiming crossbows and ballista at his sudden and approaching appearance. Soon after detailing the Azure dragon's figure, the guards seemed to become more at ease, as did the guards on the ground when they approached.

Finir was still tense from being aimed at with his worst enemy - arrows, bolts or otherwise. A demonic guard approached him, polearm down at her side as she smiled a welcome. She seemed to be something of a Nekomata, as Finir noted by her free, cat-like tail dangling from behind.

"And what brings you here to Chokma, big fella?" she said with a purr, one yellow eye covered with brown hair as she craned her head back to meet his eyes.

"I..." He wasn't sure if he should tell her the truth about what happened to him back at his home region. As a Retainer of Tiamat, he was disgraced because of his mother's actions against government officials, killing two that she accused of murdering his father. Now that both he and his mother were on the run....

"I'm.... here to make a new start." Finir began to continue with his white lie, but the guard cut him short.

"I understand. Here, we'll get you situated in no time."
As she turned away to signal the guard for entrance into the city, the guard turned back to the azure dragon, observing the emblem adorned on his chest armor.

"Oh, my," she said with a slight amazement, "it's not very common we get RoTs in this area. You guys are so secretive and distant."

"I-I'm disgraced. I have no right to bear this title any longer..." As he uttered those words, Finir remembered the execution day of his mother. He wasn't quite sure whether she was alive or not, but...something in his gut told him that she was. He then looked at his red Birdwing butterfly pendant. The guard turned her eyes to it as well, seeming to ignore his words.

"I love how this peaceful looking butterfly contradicts your appearance," she said bluntly. Finir wasn't offended by this. He already knew his visage was rather intimidating to other people. Even some of his colleagues during his military service avoided him, or were uneasy around him. He couldn't help how he looked.

"But don't worry," the Nekomata said with her charming smile, "I know the good guys when I seem them." The Azure dragon gave a weak smile back to her.
"Let's just hope your new neighbors think the same way." She laughed at her remark as she finally signaled the city gates to open.

"Where do I go from here?"
Finir questioned. "I'm rather hungry."

"Ooh!" the guard exclaimed. She ran to his side, pointed down a bustling road of commerce. "You'll want to go that way until you reach The Red Papaya! The best restaurant in Chokma, if not Utgard! Hands down!" Finally, the Azure dragon was that much closer to his current goal: nourishing food! As the Azure dragon nearly rushed in the direction, the Nekomata guard grabbed his nearly empty pack that trailed easily behind him.

"Hold on, hold on!"
she exclaimed. "Let me give you this Voucher. All newcomers get one." She handed the vertically challenged dragon a well-adorned ticket. On the front of it showed the restaurant itself in a brightly-lit street at night: The Red Papaya. In a red-inked cursive writing were the words "Welcome, newcomer!" in the bottom right corner of the portrait.

"Thank you, miss!" Finir said with a slight bow.
"No prob, tough guy," she said, "You just show it, they take it, see if it's legit, and you get a free meal. On the house."

Finir nodded to her one last time before he turned from her, walking in the direction of the restaurant while inhaling the city air. As the guard began to walk outside the gate, she noticed the azure dragon's sash covering his pelvic area, and began to blush, chuckling to herself as the gates closed behind her.

Already, the azure dragon was getting noticed. Some steered away from him. Others - namely, a few pockets of women - stared at him. Whether it was amazement or fear, he didn't know. However, mothers covered their children's eyes, or hid them behind their legs. Only a few boys said endearing things, like 'Wow, cool!' or 'He's awesome!' It was perplexing, but he continued to pay it no mind as he headed to The Red Papaya. He saw a rather aged man hustle out of the restaurant doors as Finir approached, but he payed it no mind.

Entering through the doors, a woman in a sort of military jacket bumped into his shoulder, and as a reflex, the daunting dragon apologized, making sure his bladed tail did not touch her on the way out. The Azure dragon, with a glare of his inferno eyes, looked around and saw a group of people close to one another as they ate and drank, as well as a few supposed noblemen and commonfolk. Some already looked at Finir in either fear, shock, or some other expression that required a gaping mouth.

More notably, he saw a silver haired man with black horns calmly sipping away at his beverage, as well as a girl beside him. A waitress was just done handing out orders at two tables, while a man exclaimed about the food assortment. What seemed to be three city officers seemed to look intently at a girl with her arms in her sleeves as they ate. They seemed to be related. Maybe sisters or cousins. He observed as another woman clapped slowly and began to engage in conversation. Whatever it was, it sounded pretty serious.

Not moving from the door, Finir gave a worried growl, a wave of nervousness from the patrons' many eyes staring him down. He wrapped his tail around his left leg, presenting the Voucher to anyone that knew what to do with it.

"I...I'm hungry..."

Pinkie Pool's archnemesis: Oatmeal.

Last edited by Marzai; 12-23-2010 at 12:06 AM.

12-23-2010   #59 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

"Look, Kai," Bianca began after munching on a eggroll, "That poor dragon looks lost and confused... Go help him out!"

Kai turned his gaze to look at the newcomer, a azure dragon, by the looks of it... His eyes trailed down to the voucher and a smile grew on his features. He got up from his seat and approached the dragon.

"Welcome to the Red Papaya," Kai took the voucher, getting one last look at it then looking back up at the man, "I'm the owner, Akaiito... Oh, and please, do relax. Allow me to show you to a table and someone will attend to you shortly," he handed the voucher back to the lad and led him to a table not far from his own. "If you need anything else, do not be afraid to ask!"

A waiter approached the duo and with a approving nod Kai returned to his table. With a clap of his hands he said "Thanks for the food~!" and began to dig in.

The waiter on the other hand handed the customer a menu and asked, "Would you like something to drink?"

12-23-2010   #60 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Guild: Hardcore

Nothing was going according to plan. In fact, everything that could go wrong surely did. Not a day's travel away from Father's Estate and Grandison Yuuki already found himself lost. He did consider turning back breifly, but the shame of showing his face again would not befit one of his class. He left home saying he was going to show those Angel scum how formidable the Demons could really be, and he wouldn't return until he completed his mission.

Unfortunately, that also happened to be Grandison's first time traveling alone a great distance and he found himself lost in the wilderness. He wandered around aimlessly, groaning to himself when he spotted a caravan into the distance. He could tell from afar that it was a Baubma caravan, but he didn't have much choice. He resigned himself to following the Caravan to their destination and surely if the Baubma refused to help him there they could be coerced into doing so. It was the least their lot could do.

---

Entering the city gates with his nose in the air, Grandison Yuuki looked about him, observing his surroundings. It was the first time he ever set foot in Chokma and like any "county boy" he was a bit struck by how big and busy it was. In fact he had never seen so many people on the streets before at any time.

He was sure he looked an absolute mess. His red frock was pulled haplessly over his head in an attempt to shield his blonde curls from the wind and his expensive leather boots were caked with dirt. However, he still held himself as erect as possible. If he were going to uphold the dignity befitting a noble Demon such as himself he would have to commander the respect of everyone in this town even if he was less than presentable.

But first, he needed accommodations. He just really wanted to get out of the elements and into an inn and perhaps find something to drink, preferably something strong to warm his core. He had never been so long without the proper comforts he was accustomed to.

He decided to ask one of the locals about an inn when he noticed a newsboy on the corner of the street waving papers.

"Read all about it! Another victory for the demon army! General Yuuki does it again! Thousands slain by his sword!"

"I'll take one," a lady with a small child said. She presented the newsboy with a coin which the lad accepted graciously while giving him the paper.

The woman walked away and as Grandison was walking by the boy called to him.

"Read all about it! Hey Mister do you want to read about the latest victory?"

Grandison continued walking by. He reached a corner where he and the lady who bought the paper were trying to cross the street.

"Pardon me," he began. "Do you know a proper inn I could check myself into?"

The lady looked up from her paper (don't read and walk, kids) and looked at Grandison and did a double take at that!

"Did anyone ever tell you you look like a young General Yuuki?"

"How observant of you," Grandison bit. "Now answer my question lest I be forced to wring it out of you."

The woman shook her head and crossed her arms, "I don't think anyone has ever taught you manners."

Grandison's lips began to form into a snarl but then he was cut off by a sneeze.

"Ew!" The lady's child gasped. "That's a lot of snot!"

Sure enough, the hand that Grandison covered his nose with was indeed covered in mucus. He reached into his coat with his clean hand for his handkerchief then proceeded to wipe his hand and nose.

Grandison glared from over his handkerchief but then the woman and her child began to cross the street.

"Hey!" he called. "How dare you walk off when a gentleman is speaking to you!"

She continued on without looking back.

Grandison clenched his fists at his side and off she went. If that woman knew what was good for her she would have been groveling at his feet. Demons, Baubams and Angels all had reason to fear the Yuuki family. He'd show her. He'd show the entire Utgard when he became a hero and--

ACHOO~!

But first he needed to find a place to warm up. That said, Grandison took to reading the signs.