Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-30-2010   #201 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Bandy will become famous soon enoughBandy will become famous soon enough

Boris was sitting in the dining room, across from Finir. He was about to say something to the boy, but something caught his attention. He sensed a familiar aura, though it was faint.. He looked up at the ceiling, as if trying to see through it. He had a pretty good feeling it was Kai. What is he up to.. Probably no good, he thought. Boris then turned to his guest, who seemed to also looking at the ceiling. But for a completely different reason, he assumed.

"Is something troubling you, my friend?"

Meanwhile, Cecily had finished cooking the eel and was putting it together in a plate. She had garnished the fish with a slight amount of ginger and lemon, and encircled it with some Chinese broccoli. She brought the two plates to the men in the dining room.

"Please enjoy.." She said, then bowing politely. Boris turned to look at her and shook his head.

"Cecily, the third eel we bought was for you~ Please join us, my dear." He said while patting her lovingly on the cheek. The girl blushed slightly and smiled, and replied with a whisper of a thank you. A few minutes later she returned with her own plate of eel, and after much mental debate, sat next to Boris.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-30-2010   #202 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

Cornelius was waking off when he hit his head.

"Silly me and silly of that Makoto too. We just walked right on by each others like strangers of a sort! Weren't we basically bedfellows as children?.... He seemed rather strange. Perhaps it is the stress getting to him."

Cornelius decided to go in and tell the servants to get their table ready as well as bring in some drinks when he ran into the real Makoto.

"Ah, Makoto, finished with your business with Father so quick are you?" Cornelius asked. "I do say it must be record timing."

Makoto tilted his head in confusion, "Cornelius what are you going on about? I have not come to do business with your father. I am on leave and so am here as a family friend only."

"Now now, Makoto I think it is you who are going on strangely. I just saw your not even 5 minutes past and you said it quite frankly that you had business with my father!"

"I believe you are hallucinating, your highness," Makoto said just a bit annoyed.

If it were anyone else maybe Cornelius would have taken offense but he just shrugged and said, "How about this. Why don't we see Father together then. If he tells me that you haven't been by then I'll buy you a mare."

"And if he says I have been by?" Makoto asked, even though he very well knew that he hadn't been by at all.

"Then you mustn't have any of my wine tonight."

Makoto shrugged indifferently, "Very well."

The two went off to the King's chambers.

12-30-2010   #203 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games
Cosmic BreakGrand ChaseMapleStoryMabinogi

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Marzai
IGN: -points at name-
Guild: None

Boris caught Finir's attention from across the table. The disguised dragon saddened his expression as he met with his provider's eyes.

"...I'm not sure what you plan to gain from helping me, but--" Finir shuffled around his body for a moment, then directed his hand downward to a pouch in his pack. After digging into many fragile sounds of small bells and glass pieces, he brought up a green, well-polished pendant from under the table. It was shaped as a hawk in a preying position; talons outstretched downward and wings spread out as if to give itself leverage and balance. It was a rather remarkable piece of craftsmanship, something that Finir's father would certainly be proud of.

"Something tells me I should give this to you. Think of it as saying 'thank you.' It's not much, really..." Finir, with the same mask of depression, set the piece in front of Boris by the table, then looked to the side for a moment as if to collect his thoughts. At that moment, Cecily had brought in two of the three cooked eel and placed both plates in front of the two gentlemen. Boris sent her back, informing that the third eel was for herself. She came back with the same lavish dish that she provided.

As if waiting for her to be seated, Finir sighed, then turned his eyes at the two in suspicion.

"...Why are you doing this anyways?"

Pinkie Pool's archnemesis: Oatmeal.

Last edited by Marzai; 12-30-2010 at 06:06 PM.

12-30-2010   #204 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Boris eyed the pendant Finir gave him, acknowledging it's beauty. He then looked up to find the boy looking at him and his maid with an eye of suspicion. Cecily expressed a slight form of surprise, perhaps disappointment; since she had so much trust in Boris, she was off-put for a moment to see the boy doubting him. But she regained her neutral, vaguely sad expression and place a napkin on her lap, preparing to eat her plate. Boris, on the other hand, simply chuckled.

"I was beginning to wonder if you were ever going to ask me, Finir! It is usually unwise to accept a nobleman's help without questioning him first." He smirked, and continued. "Indeed, few noblemen act charitably without motive. In fact, if I wanted, I could turn you in right now~ But, I won't. I have no need to kiss the feet of any head of government. If anything, they are the ones who shine my shoes when I tell them to!" He laughed a bit, realizing how cocky and obnoxious he must sound. But he didn't much care.

"In short, there is no reason, no motive. I just like to help, especially when the person in need is of my kind." He smiled lovingly at Cecily. The girl shook her head slightly and smiled a bit, as if she'd heard him say this before.. Boris then began to eat his food.

"I did not expect anything in return from you. However if this pendant is a gift, I'll accept it gladly."

12-30-2010   #205 (permalink)
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger

When the pair had reached the king's chambers a squeal of pain shot through the castle followed by the sound of bone being broken. Panicked whimpers from the King and the low whisper of a voice that belonged to Makoto slinked through to Makoto and Cornelius's ears, but the words indistinguishable. Some seemed to be able to made out though...

".... cret is...aster Work... For....nata.. mor... tality..." Was what the King whimpered. ".... Don't kill me!... Stay back!" The last was more like a scream.

"Father!" The prince exclaimed as he tried to open the doors, "Something is blocking the door's from the inside... I can't open them!"

Stomp... Stomp... STOMP! "I BEG OF YOU, HAVE MERCY!"

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

12-30-2010   #206 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

"We have to call the guards!" Cornelius cried.

Makoto said nothing as he outstretched his arm and used a powerful wind force to blow open the doors.

12-30-2010   #207 (permalink)
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

What had been blocking the door were a series of wardrobes and the body of the King's personal guard. Before the two was a doppleganger of the General, a severed leg clumsily snapped off as if by brute force, and the writhing form of the king on the ground, the copy's foot on Charles's head. Judging from the bruises he'd already been stomped some. All around them, on the king as well as on the impostor was the blood of the King.

"Oh," Kai greeted the real Makoto and Cornelius with a smile, "Good evening, Supreme General Yuuki... Prince Cornelius the IV," He bent down and grabbed the king by the hair, wrenching him from the ground and trapped in an armlock, "How nice it is for you two to join us. However, you are both late. I got my answers, and the King here's days are... Sadly numbered."

As he was saying this his hand was slowly pulling on the king's head, his other arm anchoring his body down.

Cornelius's words seemed to fade, "Fa..."

Rrrrrrr-IIIIIIIP. KRRRR-ACK

As if without effort the man tore the King's head right off his body with brute force. The blood spilling on the now lifeless body and the assassin.

"FATHER!" Cornelius all but yelled as he charged forward with a reinforced earth spell punch. However a projectile was whipped at the poor man and sent him stumbling back. On his chest rolled down the severed head of his late father, his blank gaze piercing right through his horrified son.

The assassin tossed the body over at Makoto and back flipped to the window, all the while saying, "As much as I would like to stay and play, I have better things to do. Farewell, Makoto Yuuki!"

Akaiito Kagamiya broke through the window and seemed to disappear into thin air in the night of the full moon. The only thing left behind was a single dagger which had impaled the guard in the forehead, blood lining the wolf insignia.

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

12-30-2010   #208 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

After some walking, Leht found himself at the gates of a very luxurious estate. Walls seemed to surround the entire area, and from his view at the gates, it seemed like a massive amount of land.

"Halt!" One of two guards at the gate confronted Leht with an outstretched arm. "This is the residence of Supreme General Yuuki, if you do not have any business here, leave immediately!"

"I'm Leht Therthar, and I've been..uh...summoned to have a meeting with Makoto Yuuki." The two guards looked at each other. "Never heard of you, we weren't informed anyone by your name would be arriving, get lost!" Leht shook his head and stayed put. "No no, maybe he just wasn't expecting me TODAY, just let me talk to him in person!"

The guard by the gate pointed his spear at Leht, while the other one shoved Leht back. "Supreme General Yuuki is not here at the moment, but even if he was, you wouldn't get the honour of speaking to him! Now get lost, this is your last warning!"

12-30-2010   #209 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Someone looked out the window to see what the fuss was all about and saw someone a the door. A strange fellow demanding to see the General!

"Luap!" the person said.

A slave entered the room ans the person without turning away from the window said, "Let the Master's guest in..."

----

Makoto and Cornelius was stunned but Makoto was the first to act. He ran to the window and watched as the person escaped.

"Not a very subtle person are they?" Makoto asked with curiosity as he saw the figure escape.

"A,aren't you going to go after them" Cornelius asked finally gathering his wits a little. Though he was shaking all over. "I.. I mean they can't be free right. We have to catch them."

Makoto turned from the window and looked at the body, completely ignoring Cornelius. He walked past the body of the king and to the guard and extracted the dagger from his skull. He began turning it over in the dim light the gas lamp by the shelf provided.

"Who were they?" Cornelius asked. "Why did they do this? They didn't look like any angel."

Makoto took a handkerchief from his chest and wrapped the dagger in it before placing it in his bag.

"Why did he look like you?" Cornelius went on.

"He looked nothing like me," Makoto finally said.

Just then 3 guards arrived at the scene and gasped when they saw the carnage.

"Clean this up and begin an investigation. The Prince saw everything that I did so you won't need my testimony," Makoto said. "I'll check on things in the morning."

Makoto went off with dagger in tow.

----

The guards were turning Leht away when a baubma slave approached.

"It's ok," he said. "The young Miss said it's ok."

The guards seemed skeptical but they stepped aside regardless.

12-30-2010   #210 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Leht was going to leave, but luckily for him, someone seems to have let him in. Leht followed his saviour to the mansion, and remained silent for the whole time till they actually set foot inside the mansion. "So...you know why I'm here?" questioned Leht.

12-30-2010   #211 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games
Cosmic BreakGrand ChaseMapleStoryMabinogi

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Marzai
IGN: -points at name-
Guild: None

Finir smirked at Boris' explanation, then let out a light chuckle.

"I thought as much. And money doesn't seem to really interest you at all, since you clearly have plenty of that..." The disguised dragon turned his dark face toward his provider. "Speaking of which....something really tells me - and this is just a feeling risen in my gut - that someone or something had taken the government over from the inside. One obsessed fanatic or many, I have no idea, but both of us share the same goal. However, theirs is by means of our own blood, and it is a much faster process. A damned, bloody, premature resurrection."

"The quickest way to do that" Finir continued, "is war. I have a feeling that my region is going to mobilize in the future to fight in the war effort. No doubt, the recruiting age will get reduced, as I have experienced, and younger and younger cubs like myself will be put in armor sent to die against the angels..."

"This is not the government I was born to," the azure dragon said, with a finger pressing on the table for emphasis. "There has to be a puppeteer...that is what's troubling me the most..."

In a frustrated manner, Finir picked up his fork and knife and began to carve into the eel to sup, his orange highlights blocking sight of his eyes from others.

Pinkie Pool's archnemesis: Oatmeal.

12-30-2010   #212 (permalink)
Special
Games

As Makoto Yuuki left the castle to return to his manor, a lone black bird watched him with scarlet eyes. It began to preen it's feathers, cleansing them of the fresh blood that retained on them with the rapid shape-shifting. Once the bird, Kai, had finished, he took flight into the night. However he won't be able to keep up this form for long- Shape-shifting way out of your original shape's bounds is extremely tiring and cumbersome on the body.

He headed west, in the direction of Boris Petya's mansion.

---

Minutes later...

Still in blackbird form, Kai had made it to the manor. He flew around the perimeter of the structure once to catch glimpses of the windows and the like, and then when he finally spotted Boris, Cecilly and a young man dining he dove down and landed on the windowsill. He didn't change quite yet back into his normal form but his body screamed for it. Kai tapped on the window once, then twice, with his beak.

12-30-2010   #213 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

"Are you a friend of Miss Yuuki?" Luap offered. "She was the one who vouched for your entrance after all. Follow me."

He led Leht up to a drawing room that was comfortably furnished and had a view into the street.

"You may have a seat," Luap offered.

12-30-2010   #214 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

"No...I only know Makoto Yuuki." A complete lie. It was better than admitting he didn't know anyone here at all though. Following the servant, (At least, Leht thought he was a servant. It was a natural conclusion when the owner was clearly a very wealthy person...) he took a seat when offered one. "So, when's Makoto coming back?"

12-30-2010   #215 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

"It seems if you really do know the master he must have over looked your appointment. He went out on the town and made no indication of a time he'd be back. If you were so inclined you could write a letter for him that could be delivered so you wouldn't have to wait up for him," offered Luap.

He produced a silver dip pen, an ink well and a piece of paper and set it on the table.

"If you want I can get you some tea while you write," Luap said.

12-30-2010   #216 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Boris nodded silently as the boy spoke, as if agreeing with everything he was saying.

"I would not be surprised. Such corruption in a government is not uncommon. When I lived in Midgard, among the humans, I witnessed first hand how relentless, egotistical and cruel they were in their "democracies". Unfortunately, I discovered with time that we demons are no better..."

His words trailed off as he heard a light tack tack, coming from one of the windows in the dining room. He excused himself from the table and walked hastily to the window, opening it just enough for Kai to come in. Cecily looked over Finir's shoulder, wondering what was going on.

"Cecily, help me pull the curtains over the windows, if you please", He said as he pulled the curtain over the window he just closed. He then spoke in a lower tone; ".. What's all this then, Kai?"

Meanwhile Cecily rose from her seat and proceeded to draw the curtains over the many windows in the room, and was wondering why in the world Boris was talking to a bird...

12-30-2010   #217 (permalink)
Special
Games

Kai let out a low purr in the back of his throat. In his bird form he hovered down onto the ground and as if in a blink of an eye there was the incubus in his true form, collapsed on the ground. His wings, tail, and horns weren't tucked away at all and his clothes were un kept. His feet were bare and his shirt untucked. In various locations on his skin, clothes and even hair were splotches of blood which was clearly not his own. Kai was breathing heavily, the fatigue evident in his hoarse breathes. He struggled to get up onto his knees at least but fell back forwards.

"Haah..." Kai exhaled, turning his head slightly so he can look up at Boris, "... Sorry... This place was a lot easier to reach in that form... Though... I sincerely doubt I will be able to make it back home for the night..."

Last edited by Dani; 12-30-2010 at 10:29 PM.

12-30-2010   #218 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

Meanwhile, Evis had already infiltrated the mansion and searched Makoto's room and office, to no avail. It seems he would have to ascertain the General's plans from his own mouth.

Walking out into one of the drawing rooms, Evis noticed a strange, shabby man attempting to write on a piece of paper. He removed his cloaking and smirked at the strange man, "Oh? A friend of Makoto? Or perhaps a burglar trying to write a will before Makoto's guards behead you."

12-30-2010   #219 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Boris was quite surprised to see Kai so exhausted, and especially covered in blood like that. It could only mean one thing: he'd killed someone tonight. He rubbed his chin while looking down at him, and sighed.

"My my. I wouldn't think so." Boris didn't seem phased by his state in the slightest. On the other hand, Cecily gasped when she saw the incubus lie on the floor like this, bloodied up and tired. After swiftly drawing the last curtain she ran up the Kai and kneeled next to him.

"Master, what happened to this man? Where did he come from? W-we must help hi-", she began. But by simply raising his hand, Boris was able to calm her down, to silence her.

"Don't worry about him, dear. I will take care of him, so go finish your meal with our friend Finir." He said with a gentle voice. Cecily bowed politely, though slightly shaken after seeing this man appear out of nowhere. She returned to the table and appologized to the azure dragon, and told him not to worry. Boris turned back to Kai.

"Now Kai, do you want to just lay there for now, or would you rather I drop you in a warm tub for you to soak in?", he said with a sly smirk.

12-30-2010   #220 (permalink)
Special
Games

Kai rolled onto his back and gave him a weak smile.

"Might just be me going crazy on top of the fatigue but this floor feels like f*cking heaven. That bath would be nice, though... I mean I don't really want this blood to stick around for much longer and all.